• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A softball- Who's gonna be good in 2015?

Started by MarionBlueDevil, November 08, 2014, 12:31:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MarionBlueDevil

As you can tell, I'm a Marion and West Memphis fan. Don't really like one too much more than the other, so I pull for both.

I think Marion is gonna be pretty good this spring! Semifinals last year and lost two big-time players, but may be able to reload on the fly.

Any other thoughts? Sheridan? Russellville?

LowerAR

Sheridan has the talent, but new coach is unproven. Some were upset with the selection, but if they come together lookout. Russellville still has Kendrick. Some good bats and will be strong on defense. Benton may even be better. Tons of young talent. Heidi does well with her young team. Could be fun!

SNWA

Greenwood has the whole team back.....3 strong pitchers and a full line-up of good sticks. Three of the seniors have committed already and several of the juniors are getting major attention. They have lost in state the past two years to the Champions. Lost to Russellville 1 to 0 last two times.... hopefully this is the year.

LowerAR

Well actually Benton won the championship last year by beating Sheridan. Benton beat Russellville in the semifinal. I would figure that Greenwood would be good, they usually are, but I don't get to see them play much.   

SNWA

Mike Love

It should come down to 3 teams-Benton, Sheridan and Russelville. Russelville has Kendrick, Benton and Sheridan are loaded. New coach at Sheridan will be fine. Young, eager, full of energy and listens and works her butt off. Watch out!!!

SNWA

I agree Mike that those are 3 of the favorites but why would you not put GW in the mix. Kendrick has beaten them 1 to 0 the last two games. Last year Sheridan came from behind to win by 2 in the last at bat and Benton had one big inning against them and that was it. With everyone on the roster back and the girls have played all summer, I would think that you would have to put them in the mix.

maxswine

Not that it matters, but one of those games vs Greenwood was 2-0, not 1-0. 

SNWA

haha sorry your right... it was an over throw to first base on a pick off try from catcher..... if not for that we may both still be playing.

LowerAR

Well, there are several teams that if they got hot, could win the 6A State. With a single elimination tourney, if you get the breaks and play well, you just never know. But, that doesn't mean they are the best in 6A. Sheridan has not won a State Tourney in the last several years, but in my opinion; and this is just my opinion, they were the best team in the state, but could not get it done. I saw a good Benton Team get hot and ride the momentum to a championship. I saw Lake Hamilton do the same a few years ago, but I don't think they were the best team in 6A. One of the better but not the best. Some would say that you win that right and you do, but you can't forget the whole body of work.         

Mike Love

I apologize if I slighted anyone in leaving Greenwood out. I based my assessment on the teams I have seen and know. I have not seen Greenwood play. Russelville and Benton both know how to get it done. Experience matters. Sheridan has been to the semi's 3 of the last 4 years. Conference champs 3 of the last 4 years. Most games won by a program over the last 4 years. 1 trip to the finals, only to lose in the final inning. Maybe this is the year. Good Luck to all.

LowerAR

I sure don't know all the girls on all the teams and I can only make opinions by what I see. So it's very flawed, but I do get to see teams from Central AR some, and I know many of the girls there. I do understand how Greenwood feels, my DD plays for ElDorado and plays most of her tourney ball out of LA, so we don't get much exposure in AR. From what ElDorado did in the tourney last year I wouldn't expect very high expectations at all.
I hope no one thinks my comments mean anything, except a way to stay in touch.     

ricepig

FWIW, Madi Brown(JHS) is signing with Oregon today.

LowerAR

That is awesome! Pac 10 Softball is still some of the best, but the name doesn't ring a bell. Who is JHS, and what position does she play. If your talking about Jonesboro, we don't get to see them much down here, but we do play ball in the Memphis area some if I knew the name of a team.         

ricepig

Quote from: LowerAR on November 18, 2014, 10:02:11 am
That is awesome! Pac 10 Softball is still some of the best, but the name doesn't ring a bell. Who is JHS, and what position does she play. If your talking about Jonesboro, we don't get to see them much down here, but we do play ball in the Memphis area some if I knew the name of a team.       

Yeah, she's at Jonesboro. I really don't know much about JHS softball, or softball in general. I think she goes by Madi Bishop-Brown?? I think she committed to them in like the 10th grade.

whitefella1

She plays shortstop and hits with power. Very good all around player.

ricepig

Quote from: whitefella1 on November 18, 2014, 08:52:16 pm
She plays shortstop and hits with power. Very good all around player.

Yeah, I think she suffers in high school ball with the lack of quality hitters to protect her. When teams had to pitch to her, she usually delivered.

BIG_K

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas