• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City Lady Dragons

Started by marybfan, March 19, 2011, 10:09:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

marybfan

Junction won the Eldorado Classic  Tournament tonight. Over all record (11-2)

dragon

marybfan

dragon

Who all did they play in the tournament?

BIG_K

bleudog

March 20, 2011, 10:23:12 am #5 Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:27:10 am by bleudog
Quote from: marybfan on March 19, 2011, 10:09:17 pm
Junction won the Eldorado Classic  Tournament tonight. Over all record (11-2)

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

marybfan

Quote from: dragon on March 19, 2011, 11:12:48 pm
Who all did they play in the tournament?

Drew Central 16-0 and Hamburg 3-1 on the 3rd then got rained out on the 4th. Finished it yesterday the 19th. 
first game Magnolia : 4-0
2nd game Camden Fairview :7-1
3rd. game hamburg :7-2

marybfan

Quote from: BIG_K on March 19, 2011, 11:52:59 pm
Congrats Courtney & Company!

Iam very proud of all the girls. It's team work that wins the game. And these girls are a team. If some are struggling at the plate the others step up. It's not one that wins the game, it takes all 9 to win a game.

mastermind10

gee mbfan, don't take things so personally.  bigk knows courtney from tounament ball.  he congratulated the whole team.

dragonator

when jc played magnolia,they didnt have their best /player-pitcher.they should get a real look at one another on the 18th of april.in magnolia

marybfan

Quote from: mastermind10 on March 20, 2011, 07:56:30 pm
gee mbfan, don't take things so personally.  bigk knows courtney from tounament ball.  he congratulated the whole team.

I didn't take it personally, I was just telling how they play so good together. You took me wrong. Heck I root for courtney all the time. She is a very good pitcher.  I am glad to have her. They have been together since about 9 years old. Well all the starters but 3.

marybfan

Quote from: dragonator on March 21, 2011, 10:40:41 am
when jc played magnolia,they didnt have their best /player-pitcher.they should get a real look at one another on the 18th of april.in magnolia

I thought that pitcher did a very good job.

dragonator

from what i understand the pitcher for magnolia did a good job.i just want yall to be aware that they didnt have their best pitcher that day.as far as miss lowe goes she does do a very good job and all of jc do play well together

bleudog

dragon

How did JC do in their last 3 games? Hard to find scores lately.

bleudog

cuz

As per bleudog's post the Dragons had a close one. Their bats were a sleep for the most part of the game, but to give Woodlawn credit they played a very focused game and showed they are a team not to be taken lightly............ ;)

littlec2964

Quote from: cuz on April 12, 2011, 09:32:48 am
As per bleudog's post the Dragons had a close one. Their bats were a sleep for the most part of the game, but to give Woodlawn credit they played a very focused game and showed they are a team not to be taken lightly............ ;)

The JC/Woodlawn score surprised me. I thought JC would handle them easier than that. Taylor beat Woodlawn 15-7, and yes Woodlawn has a good team, but I just didn't think they would hang with JC like that. Yes everyone has a bad day. Not sure if JC had a bad one against Woodlawn or if Woodlawn had a bad one against Taylor. Anyway, congrats on the win and good luck to JC for the remainder of the season.

cuz

Quote from: littlec2964 on April 12, 2011, 09:45:10 am

The JC/Woodlawn score surprised me. I thought JC would handle them easier than that. Taylor beat Woodlawn 15-7, and yes Woodlawn has a good team, but I just didn't think they would hang with JC like that. Yes everyone has a bad day. Not sure if JC had a bad one against Woodlawn or if Woodlawn had a bad one against Taylor. Anyway, congrats on the win and good luck to JC for the remainder of the season.
If memory serves me right JC handled Taylor pretty easily and was a lopsided win. JC was not playing their best ball last night and Woodlawn seemed to be playing their best. JC is undefeated in district ball looks to remain that way..........

cuz

April 13, 2011, 08:54:26 am #19 Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:56:43 am by cuz

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=111161.0
Then scroll down to March 1 2011

searkhogfan

Hey Cuz,  I wish I could have made it to JC the other night.  But I had to work & my wife went alone.  I heard it was a Heckuva Game.  Woodlawn is just now getting back healthy.  We've had some girls out with injuries most of the season, but are now almost back to %100.  One of our best players was lost for the season when she tore her knee up during basketball.   Coach has the girls believing in themselves again & I expect good things from here on out.  I don't like Moral Victories,  but I'd call the JC game one.  The girls think they can win now after the way they played JC.

I'll catch up with you at Dist. & Regional for sure.....

cuz

Quote from: searkhogfan on April 13, 2011, 10:36:32 am
Hey Cuz,  I wish I could have made it to JC the other night.  But I had to work & my wife went alone.  I heard it was a Heckuva Game.  Woodlawn is just now getting back healthy.  We've had some girls out with injuries most of the season, but are now almost back to %100.  One of our best players was lost for the season when she tore her knee up during basketball.   Coach has the girls believing in themselves again & I expect good things from here on out.  I don't like Moral Victories,  but I'd call the JC game one.  The girls think they can win now after the way they played JC.

I'll catch up with you at Dist. & Regional for sure.....
Missed you at the game and it was a good one. JC's bats weren't to awake but I say I saw a lot for you to be happy about with your girls. The shortstop showed a lot of glove but needs more arm. Your pitcher was improved from last year and the team played good heads up ball. Look forward to seeing you again soon, good luck to District.......

cuz

Junction City 15 Hermitage 0 in 3 innings of play.............

littlec2964

Quote from: cuz on April 13, 2011, 08:54:26 am

Cuz, I'm aware JC beat Taylor 10-0 the first game of the year. We have a young team this year with  3 seniors, 2 juniors and 4 soph starting and a freshman DH.  But if memory serves me correctly, the second time they met the score was JC 3-0. Not what I would call a lopsided win. Not sure what your thing is with my post. You can check back, I've had nothing but good things to say about JC. They have a great team and will give Foreman a run for the title this year.

cuz

Quote from: littlec2964 on April 13, 2011, 09:19:46 pm
Quote from: cuz on April 13, 2011, 08:54:26 am

Cuz, I'm aware JC beat Taylor 10-0 the first game of the year. We have a young team this year with  3 seniors, 2 juniors and 4 soph starting and a freshman DH.  But if memory serves me correctly, the second time they met the score was JC 3-0. Not what I would call a lopsided win. Not sure what your thing is with my post. You can check back, I've had nothing but good things to say about JC. They have a great team and will give Foreman a run for the title this year.
Sorry if you took offense there littlec, none was meant. My point was that all teams improve as the year progress's. If you'll look at seaarkhogfan's post you will see Woodlawn been plagued  by injury's and is probably playing better now. No offence to Taylor as they do have a good team and a really good coach, sorry you took wrong............ :D

cuz

cuz

April 18, 2011, 07:09:04 pm #26 Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:36:52 am by cuz
Junction City 7 Magnolia 2

marybfan

April 18, 2011, 08:19:04 pm #27 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 08:21:37 pm by marybfan
Quote from: cuz on April 18, 2011, 07:09:04 pm
Junction City 6 Magnolia 2
I hate to quote you cuz, but the score was 7-2. ;)  :) Your granddaughter had a B/D homerun to make it 7.

cuz

Junction City 13 Norphlet 1 in 6 innings

Yukon Cornelius

Are all you Junction City folks okay?  Heard there may have been a tornado in the area.  Hope everyone is alright!!

bleudog

Quote from: Yukon Cornelius on April 27, 2011, 06:42:39 am
Are all you Junction City folks okay?  Heard there may have been a tornado in the area.  Hope everyone is alright!!

In the grand scheme of things, came out pretty well.

Some snapped pines and blown over hardwoods.  Took awhile to get power back to the school, but they carried on "old school" style.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

bleudog

Yukon Cornelius

Quote from: bleudog on April 29, 2011, 08:55:30 am
Quote from: Yukon Cornelius on April 27, 2011, 06:42:39 am

In the grand scheme of things, came out pretty well.

Some snapped pines and blown over hardwoods.  Took awhile to get power back to the school, but they carried on "old school" style.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

Glad everyone is alright.

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on April 29, 2011, 08:57:01 am
Time for the district tournament:  CLICK HERE
District play
Junction City vs Woodlawn for 1st and 2nd
Norphlet vs Parkers Chapel for 3rd and 4th

Yukon Cornelius

Did yall get rained out yesterday?

bleudog

Quote from: Yukon Cornelius on May 03, 2011, 06:43:00 am
Did yall get rained out yesterday?

Not sure if they were supposed to play Monday or not, but the EDNT has the games today at Woodlawn.

•Third place, Norphlet vs. Parkers Chapel, 4 p.m.

•Championship, Junction City vs. Woodlawn, 6 p.m.

Yukon Cornelius

Thanks Bleu!  Looks like the sun is out today, so nice day for softball.   :)

bleudog

May 04, 2011, 06:50:20 am #37 Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:14:01 am by bleudog
2A-7 East seeding for regionals:

#1 - Junction City
#2 - Woodlawn
#3 - Norphlet
#4 - Parkers Chapel

EDNT game writeups:  CLICK HERE

cuz

Junction City wins 7-2a east 10-0 over Woodlawn
District 7-2a
1. Junction City
2.Woodlawn
3.Norphlet
4.Parkers Chapel
For the Dragon faithful JC plays at Dierks a 12pm Friday, May 6 in Regional play...........

bleudog

From the EDNT:

Junction City 9, Horatio 6
   The Lady Dragons assured themselves of at least three more games this season after they beat Horatio in round one of the Class 2A South Regional Tournament Friday.
   Going into the fourth inning, the Lady Dragons led 4-2.
   However, Junction City later distanced itself from the Lady Lions in the fifth inning.
   The Lady Dragons scored five runs in the inning to increase their lead to 9-2.
   "That was a big inning for us," said Junction City coach Jim Bonsall. "It was 4-2 at the start of    the inning and we were just able to get people on base and also got some key hits. They made an error in the inning when they misjudged a ball that allowed us to score a few runs also."
   Junction City (27-3) now held a nice lead. But, the Lady Dragons' work was not complete.
   Horatio bounced back to score three runs in the fifth to decrease the Lady Dragon advantage to 9-5.
   "That fourth inning gave us a 9-2 cushion, but Horatio hung in there," Bonsall said. "They didn't quit. They were patient at the plate. Courtney (Lowe) hit a few batters and gave up a few walks as they scored a few runs."
   In the seventh, the Lady Lions still trailed by four, but they continued to fight.
   Horatio – a four seed from the 7-2A West – was able to score one run. However, Lowe and the Lady Dragons didn't allow a Horatio rally as Junction City earned a tough 9-6 win.
   Lowe was the wining pitcher as she struck out eight batters.
   Offensively Junction City, which jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning, amassed 14 hits.
   Lowe had four, Shania Hoof three, Kelsie Hodge two while Taylor Burroughs, Kayela Holland, Sam McLemore, Mary Beth Carter, and Lea Ann Cannon all had one hit apiece.

bleudog

Burroughs, Taylor Junction City
Holland, Kayela Junction City
Lowe, Courtney Junction City

http://ahsaa.org/docs/SB_AllState_2011.pdf

bleudog

bleudog

Part of an EDNT article on Union County players receiveing post season awards:

"Junction City went 30-5 overall and advanced to the Class 2A State Semifinals.
   Much of the Lady Dragons' success was a product of talent and experience. One of the most skilled and softball savvy players on the Lady Dragon roster was Courtney Lowe.
   The junior – who was named the News-Times Softball Player of the Year for a second consecutive season – amassed some impressive stats.
   As a pitcher Lowe, an all-state selection, went 29-5 and struck out 258 batters in 200 2/3 innings pitched. At the plate she hit .501 and led the team in doubles with 21.
   Like Lowe, Kayela Holland is also no stranger to being an all state selection. The senior closed out her career this season with a batting average of .461 and 14 stolen bases. Holland is once again a member of the Class 2A All State team.
   Taylor Burroughs also enjoyed a great senior campaign. This past season she hit .491 with three triples. For her efforts, Burroughs was not only named Class 2A All-State, but the shortstop will also participate in the upcoming Arkansas High School All-Star Softball game.
   Burroughs' classmate Kelsie Hodge excelled this season. As one of the Lady Dragons' team leaders, she hit .313, scored 34 runs and was named to the Class 2A All-State Tournament team."

bleudog

June 18, 2011, 09:48:31 am #43 Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:26:09 am by bleudog
Lowe verbally commits to La Tech:  CLICK HERE

cuz

Congratulations to Miss Lowe and I hope she has a successful college career like her High School one.............

Yukon Cornelius

Quote from: bleudog on June 18, 2011, 09:48:31 am
Lowe verbally commits to La Tech:  CLICK HERE

Congrats to Miss Lowe.  Best of luck in college ball!

bleudog

bleudog

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2011-2012/11-9-11%20Courtney%20Lowe%20Signing.pdf

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/index.php?page=lowe-signs-letter-of-intent

dragon

Has  this year's schedule came out yet, and if so does anyone have it?

bleudog

Quote from: dragon on January 17, 2012, 11:55:52 am
Has  this year's schedule came out yet, and if so does anyone have it?

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2011-2012/Softball%20Schedule.pdf

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas