• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A's best kept secrets

Started by EagleForLife12, July 07, 2015, 05:26:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleForLife12

Who are the players being overlooked in 4A going into summer practice? I truly believe we have one here in Jeremy Hampton, WR #10 from Crossett. Just ask the other 7 4A-8 teams about him.

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

cuckoobird

Correct me if I'm wrong on the name sugartown, but, I believe Stuttgart defensive line Mhakeem Cobb will be a dandy

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 07, 2015, 08:53:02 am
Correct me if I'm wrong on the name sugartown, but, I believe Stuttgart defensive line Mhakeem Cobb will be a dandy

Makheem Cobbs. Yep, he could be a beast from his DE position. He had a good year as a soph last year, good size and quickness.

cuckoobird

and if the kid can grow just a little more, Kirk Hughes could be a beast at the running back and linebacker positions. He plays with a very tough demeanor

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 07, 2015, 09:07:07 am
and if the kid can grow just a little more, Kirk Hughes could be a beast at the running back and linebacker positions. He plays with a very tough demeanor

Just needs to gain a little weight, which shouldn't be too hard, he's already around 6'0. He was on another level in those Jr. High games the last 2 years.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2015, 07:11:55 am
Never heard of him.
Ohhhhh I find that one hard to believe. Lol

AirWarren

I remember #2 from last year. Not 10.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 07, 2015, 09:22:05 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on July 07, 2015, 09:07:07 am

Just needs to gain a little weight, which shouldn't be too hard, he's already around 6'0. He was on another level in those Jr. High games the last 2 years.
I'd like to see 20 lbs put on him this year and 15 the next

hawgfan15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 07, 2015, 09:01:42 am

Makheem Cobbs. Yep, he could be a beast from his DE position. He had a good year as a soph last year, good size and quickness.

I have seen Cobbs on the basketball floor. He is a big kid that has good feet and moves really well. Physical player

EagleForLife12

Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2015, 01:01:29 pm
#2 was our go-to in big time situations he graduated. Even though he didn't have an amazing game here is Jeremy's highlight against Warren

EagleForLife12

And I don't know his name but the QB from DeWitt is a player that people need to pay attention to. Just too bad he doesn't have much help there.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on July 07, 2015, 04:17:01 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on July 07, 2015, 01:01:29 pm
#2 was our go-to in big time situations he graduated. Even though he didn't have an amazing game here is Jeremy's highlight against Warren
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4741783/highlights/185586299/v2

phdefense

If Hooten's is accurate. They said Cobbs is moving to LB this year because the Birds have so much depth on the lines.

Rabbit

Justin Meadows of Lonoke has picked up offers from UCA and Harding over the summer. He is a playmaker who was clocked sub 4.4 hand time.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: phdefense on July 07, 2015, 05:18:47 pm

If Hooten's is accurate. They said Cobbs is moving to LB this year because the Birds have so much depth on the lines.

If that's accurate that will be nice. There aren't too many 6'3, 225 middle linebackers out there.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 08, 2015, 07:01:40 am

If that's accurate that will be nice. There aren't too many 6'3, 225 middle linebackers out there.
I remember the last one we had, I believe he left here with a ring as I suspect Cobbs will.

Wahls

If he's already 225 he's better off staying at DE because that's probably what he's going to play in college unless he's got some ridiculously long Jon Jones type arms.

Sounds like a good problem to have, though.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Wahls on July 08, 2015, 12:10:05 pm

If he's already 225 he's better off staying at DE because that's probably what he's going to play in college unless he's got some ridiculously long Jon Jones type arms.

He's listed at 225 right now, not 100% sure about that though. The height is correct, and he does have good quickness. Should be a good year for him.

Wahls

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 08, 2015, 12:51:14 pm

He's listed at 225 right now, not 100% sure about that though. The height is correct, and he does have good quickness. Should be a good year for him.

Most kids already at 225 with low body fat end up around 240 and too stiff to play inside linebacker. The ones that aren't too stiff end up being special. Of course, this isn't really an issue in high school if you're a good athlete. That was what I was getting at.

phdefense

unless he's got some ridiculously long Jon Jones type arms.

He does

whippersnapper

I think a player that will be fun to watch for the 1-4a this season will be Lincoln Junior QB Harrison Swayne. After watching him some in the spring and at a camp he will definitely keep Lincoln competitive in most games I think.

Romeo

I think Rashun Franklin of Warren is someone to watch out for. Talented 6-4 wide receiver. He's been a star player for the basketball team the last few years and this year will be his first to play football since junior high. I think he might have developed into a college prospect at receiver had he continued to play football.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on July 09, 2015, 08:15:28 pm
I think Rashun Franklin of Warren is someone to watch out for. Talented 6-4 wide receiver. He's been a star player for the basketball team the last few years and this year will be his first to play football since junior high. I think he might have developed into a college prospect at receiver had he continued to play football.

Isnt he a junior?

Romeo

He should be a senior this upcoming year.

polksalet

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas