• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-4A schedules as well as my prediction on every game

Started by bulldoghistorian, June 25, 2015, 11:43:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 30, 2015, 08:35:08 pm
I wasn't saying it was a bad thing. I was just wondering why you guys move up so many.

Builds the future teams. Those freshmen that move up gain valuable experience. It's paid off in the past as Romeo has pointed out. I'm sure our numbers are still low as well.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

It only makes sense to move up kids that are obviously talented enough to play varsity ball.  You only get 4 years with them, why waste a season for them to beat up on kids that they are already superior in talent to with that one season in junior high ball.

Move them up, let them learn through experience.  Yes, there will be ups and downs to moving a freshman up to playing varsity, but the rewards far outweigh the negatives.  I applaud Bo for doing what other coaches might not.  If the kids are good enough to play, play them.

--Kyle

Romeo

I've heard we have between 34-40 players. That includes freshmen players.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on June 30, 2015, 08:48:58 pm

Still too low of numbers. I was expecting a little higher due to winning state. That's dissapointing to say the least.

AirWarren

JC Guy

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on June 30, 2015, 08:48:12 pm
It only makes sense to move up kids that are obviously talented enough to play varsity ball.  You only get 4 years with them, why waste a season for them to beat up on kids that they are already superior in talent to with that one season in junior high ball.

Move them up, let them learn through experience.  Yes, there will be ups and downs to moving a freshman up to playing varsity, but the rewards far outweigh the negatives.  I applaud Bo for doing what other coaches might not.  If the kids are good enough to play, play them.

--Kyle
Just like T J Yeldon said about so many blue chip guys going to Bama. The reporter asked why and TJ said if you come to Bama and your good enough that red shirt will be what you will be wiping sweat off your face with when you come off the field because you will be playing.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on June 30, 2015, 08:52:08 pm

Still too low of numbers. I was expecting a little higher due to winning state. That's dissapointing to say the least.

We won it in 2001 with 34 players.
We won it in 2002 with 42 players.
We played for a title in 2006 with 63 players and lost.
We played for it in 2013 with 44 players and lost.
We played for it in 2014 with 37 players and won.

I've said if before and I'll say it again. I would rather have a solid football TEAM of 35 players rather than a team with 50 to 60 kids that have only 10-12 that are worth crap with the rest just out there to stand the sidelines.

mr.b@sc

AirWarren

Nope! Just warren trying to stay out of the sub .500 club this year.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: AirWarren on June 30, 2015, 09:35:09 pm
Nope! Just warren trying to stay out of the sub .500 club this year.
warren will be fine...bo will find who he needs..

AirWarren

We hope. We may not be able to even field a team!

JC Guy

Quote from: AirWarren on June 30, 2015, 09:04:02 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on June 30, 2015, 08:52:08 pm

We won it in 2001 with 34 players.
We won it in 2002 with 42 players.
We played for a title in 2006 with 63 players and lost.
We played for it in 2013 with 44 players and lost.
We played for it in 2014 with 37 players and won.

I've said if before and I'll say it again. I would rather have a solid football TEAM of 35 players rather than a team with 50 to 60 kids that have only 10-12 that are worth crap with the rest just out there to stand the sidelines.
The state that I came from even your biggest schools wouldn't travel more than 50. With 35 players you can have a solid team and have plenty of players for the scout team. 4A down you normally don't have enough coaches to coach up any more kids than that anyway. The great team verses the good teams a lot of times comes down to doing  the little things correctly. If you get to many kids on the practice field you can hurt your true players by taking time away from them being properly coached. I put on the 3A board last night that if you want to put your kid in a camp second to none then put them in the Auburn camp because it is a three day camp and they have enough coaches ( eleite 6A coaches along with the Auburn coaches and in our two years it wound up about 8 kids per coach) three days of position specific coaching. If your coach can work with your one through three at that position rather than six you will be better is my point.

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on June 30, 2015, 09:40:37 pm
We hope. We may not be able to even field a team!
I heard Bo cancelled Warren's football season to get a jump on futbol season in honor of AW.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Just saw the progress of our remodeled visitor bleachers. Looks great. I'm happy our visitors won't have to sit on those wood ones anymore.

Romeo

New visitor bleachers *check
New paint job *check
New scoreboard
New press box
New turf

AirWarren

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on July 03, 2015, 11:45:01 am
New visitor bleachers *check
New paint job *check
New scoreboard
New press box
New turf

Press box is definitely starting to show age on the inside. Needs at least some renovations. The concession stand needs painting. It never got repainted on the last paint job. New scoreboard would be great along with turf but who knows if or when we would get those.

AirWarren

I'm just pleased the bleachers don't like look the did anymore. You should swing by and snap a pic lj when you get a chance. I didn't even think about getting one when we drove by this morning.

bulldoghistorian

I for got that yalls visitors sands were wood.
Haven't sat in those since 2010 haha.
What are they wanting to do to the pressbox?

bulldoghistorian

AirWarren

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on July 03, 2015, 01:29:49 pm

It's big and spacious. But it needs new windows, lights, walls and flooring. Lj probably has a better grasp of the needs. I haven't been in it since I was in high school which is 12 years ago.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on July 03, 2015, 12:39:43 pm
I'm just pleased the bleachers don't like look the did anymore. You should swing by and snap a pic lj when you get a chance. I didn't even think about getting one when we drove by this morning.

Will do. Visitors stands look really good now.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on July 03, 2015, 02:04:33 pm
Quote from: bulldoghistorian on July 03, 2015, 01:29:49 pm

It's big and spacious. But it needs new windows, lights, walls and flooring. Lj probably has a better grasp of the needs. I haven't been in it since I was in high school which is 12 years ago.

New windows, new counter tops, new lighting, renovate the walls inside, A/C unit on both sides of box not just one side, would be nice to have bathrooms as well as make each section of the radio side like a broadcast booth to help with some issues. In all honesty though as big as our pressbox is, it's not big enough. The success of the program has brought more radio crews in as well as television at times and there just isn't enough room for all of it at the moment.

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on July 03, 2015, 11:15:38 am
Just saw the progress of our remodeled visitor bleachers. Looks great. I'm happy our visitors won't have to sit on those wood ones anymore.
Stuttgart should be a good initial stress test

AirWarren

We hope. Not many teams travel well anymore.  Plus, I'm happy the accommodation seating will be an upgrade rather than the wood seats.

cuckoobird

AirWarren

Jack1990

Romeo

The outgoing superintendent did a good job of getting grants to upgrade and build facilities. Hopefully, the new superintendent can do the same.

CounterPunch

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 25, 2015, 11:43:23 pm
This is just an early prediction on every teams schedule in the 8-4A.
Crossett Eagles.
At Magnolia, win.
Fordyce, win.
McGehee, loss.
At Warren, loss.
Dumas, win.
At Dewitt, win.
At Monticello, win.
Hamburg, loss.
At Dollarway, loss.
Star City, loss.
5-5, 3-4.
Dewitt Dragons.
Clarendon, loss.
Carlyle, loss.
At Stuttgart, loss.
At Hamburg, loss.
Dollarway, loss.
Crossett, loss.
At Warren, loss.
Dumas, win.
At Star City, loss.
At Monticello, loss.
1-9, 1-6.
Dollarway Cardinals.
HWH, win.
Forest City, loss.
Camden Fairview, loss.
At Dumas, win.
At Dewitt, win.
Monticello, win.
At Hamburg, win.
Star City, loss.
Crossett, win.
At Warren, loss.
6-4, 5-2.
Dumas Bobcats.
Mayflower, loss.
At McGehee, loss.
At Hall, win.
Dollarway, loss.
At Crossett, loss.
Warren, loss.
At Star City, loss. At Dewitt, loss.
Monticello, loss.
Hamburg, loss.
1-9, 0-7.
Hamburg Lions.
McGehee, win.
At Camden Fairview, loss.
At Lake Village, win.
Dewitt, win.
At Monticello, win.
Star City, loss.
Dollarway, loss.
At Crossett, win.
Warren, loss.
At Dumas, win.
6-4, 4-3.
Monticello Billies.
At Lake Village, win.
At Magnolia, win.
Fordyce, loss.
Star City, loss.
Hamburg, loss.
At Dollarway, loss.
Crossett, loss.
At Warren, loss.
At Dumas, win.
Dewitt, win.
4-6, 2-5.
Warren Lumberjacks.
At UAPB vs Smackover, loss.
Stuttgart, win.
At PA, loss.
Crossett, win.
At Star City, loss.
At Dumas, win.
Dewitt, win.
Monticello, win.
At Hamburg, win.
Dollarway, win.
7-3, 6-1.
Star City Bulldogs.
Lonoke, win.
At Lake Village, win.
LittleRock Mills, win.
At Monticello, win.
Warren, win.
At Hamburg, win.
Dumas, win.
At Dollarway, win.
Dewitt, win.
At Crossett, win.
10-0, 7-0.

harry

I looked at this so called bull dog historians predictions for Dewitt, and I feel sorry that someone is posting about a team he has so little knowledge about. After the Clarendon Lions go home early Friday night because their stay was shortened by a running clock in the second half as Dewitt pulls out an easy victory, he needs to apologize for that prediction!! when the Carlisle Bison get stampeded we will again expect his apology, and week after week he needs to step up and admit how wrong he was about Dewitt.

beach bum

Quote from: harry on August 26, 2015, 08:13:54 pm
I looked at this so called bull dog historians predictions for Dewitt, and I feel sorry that someone is posting about a team he has so little knowledge about. After the Clarendon Lions go home early Friday night because their stay was shortened by a running clock in the second half as Dewitt pulls out an easy victory, he needs to apologize for that prediction!! when the Carlisle Bison get stampeded we will again expect his apology, and week after week he needs to step up and admit how wrong he was about Dewitt.

Dewitt and Riverview should play each other because their posters have a lot in common... they like to brag about whooping mediocre 2A schools  ::)

Proud Buckaroo

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 26, 2015, 08:27:14 pm
Barton is 3A. Lol.

I am mainly talking about him being proud of Dewitt beating Clarendon and Carlise this upcoming season.

MomaLion

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas