• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens 2-4A

Started by HeberFan, June 22, 2015, 05:09:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

July 26, 2015, 05:45:04 pm #50 Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:46:40 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: GuvHog on July 26, 2015, 05:09:29 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on June 26, 2015, 06:47:19 am
Quote from: HeberFan on June 26, 2015, 06:46:25 am
Should be a good game
We don't have moral victories in Stuttgart so unless we win, it's a bad game

You do however, have a lot of home cooking officiating there though.

Referees are assigned, not chosen by the home team. Nice try.

phdefense

Should be a good game

Nope. The officials are chosen by an assignor.

LakeRat

Geez... you got to wonder when this legendary "home-cooked officiating" boloney will ever end. Hasn't it been like 8-10 years since the AAA implemented an assigner program for officiating in 4A??

There's clearly no home-cookin in this area... just mediocre to poor cookin in the striped shirt kitchen the last few years.

I do wish the schools and the AAA would establish a mandatory rule that if you are going to officiate from the spectator stands then you must wear the proper striped shirt, preferably florescent pink & white, with a state-issued 2 foot tall dunce hat with flashing LED's to properly identify yourself from the common spectators...

SUGARTOWN

July 27, 2015, 09:39:16 am #53 Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:41:25 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: LakeRat on July 27, 2015, 09:23:57 am
Geez... you got to wonder when this legendary "home-cooked officiating" boloney will ever end. Hasn't it been like 8-10 years since the AAA implemented an assigner program for officiating in 4A??

There's clearly no home-cookin in this area... just mediocre to poor cookin in the striped shirt kitchen the last few years.

I do wish the schools and the AAA would establish a mandatory rule that if you are going to officiate from the spectator stands then you must wear the proper striped shirt, preferably florescent pink & white, with a state-issued 2 foot tall dunce hat with flashing LED's to properly identify yourself from the common spectators...

Not all conferences in the 4A have an assignor for the regular season, certain schools don't want that (Dollarway), but the 2-4A has had it for quite a few years. I don't think the 7-4A has it yet.

ALL 4A playoff games are assigned however.

GuvHog

There may not be now but I remember those Watson Chapel - Stuttgart games from years back and how WC got hosed on several occasions at Ricebird Stadium.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: GuvHog on July 27, 2015, 11:05:39 am

There may not be now but I remember those Watson Chapel - Stuttgart games from years back and how WC got hosed beat down on several occasions at Ricebird Stadium.

FIFY

GuvHog

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 27, 2015, 11:14:36 am

There may not be now but I remember those Watson Chapel - Stuttgart games from years back and how WC got hosed beat down on several occasions at Ricebird Stadium.

FIFY

There were some that the Ricebirds won legit but there were also some where WC got hosed.

~WPS~

I think the 7-4A might have conference games assigned but not non-conference.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on July 27, 2015, 01:40:00 pm
I think the 7-4A might have conference games assigned but not non-conference.

Sorry, I meant 8-4A. Too many homers down in SE Ark.

cuckoobird

Quote from: GuvHog on July 27, 2015, 01:12:09 pm

FIFY

There were some that the Ricebirds won legit but there were also some where WC got hosed.
Shouldn't you be on the 5a crappy football board talking about your crappy WC team?

SUGARTOWN

FIFY

Somebody from Pine Bluff talking about getting hosed on the road is the definition of pot calling kettle. The schools in and around Pine Bluff have always had and always will have the biggest homer refs/umpires in the state. And I've been playing and watching games in PB since the late 70's. It's just a given, when you go to PB in ANY sport, you're going to get hosed.

I'm not going to complain about it though, I just expect it now.

HeberFan

Dozens of missed calls every game... from pee wee to pro. Just how it goes.

GuvHog

Quote from: HeberFan on July 27, 2015, 05:12:48 pm
Dozens of missed calls every game... from pee wee to pro. Just how it goes.

Agreed. One would think the officials would be working very hard to cut down on the missed calls but it seems some just don't care.

Jacketman65

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 27, 2015, 02:18:44 pm

FIFY

Somebody from Pine Bluff talking about getting hosed on the road is the definition of pot calling kettle. The schools in and around Pine Bluff have always had and always will have the biggest homer refs/umpires in the state. And I've been playing and watching games in PB since the late 70's. It's just a given, when you go to PB in ANY sport, you're going to get hosed.

So anytime Stuttgart goes over and loses to a Pine Bluff school, it is because of the refs/umpires? ???

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jacketman65 on July 28, 2015, 03:14:10 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 27, 2015, 02:18:44 pm

FIFY

So anytime Stuttgart goes over and loses to a Pine Bluff school, it is because of the refs/umpires? ???

Uh no. Once again, you're not understanding. I never said anything about losing, I just said that you ALWAYS get bad calls in Pine Bluff, sometimes you have a good enough team to overcome them. Sometimes you're not good enough to win anyway, but you still get the bad calls. And that's not just Stuttgart, anybody who's played at W. Chapel, Dollarway, White Hall, PB and even Jefferson Prep back in the day will back me up.

I may comment about bad/incorrect calls, but I won't blame the refs for a loss. Excuses are for losers.

HeberFan

Holding can be called on pretty much every play. Truth is, in the 100 or so plays in a high school football game, one call or play never makes the final difference. Even a blown call on the final play of the game doesn't negate all the plays before it.

GuvHog

Quote from: HeberFan on July 28, 2015, 05:28:15 pm
Holding can be called on pretty much every play. Truth is, in the 100 or so plays in a high school football game, one call or play never makes the final difference. Even a blown call on the final play of the game doesn't negate all the plays before it.

One blown call can and sometimes does make a difference. I've seen it happen.

HeberFan

My point is that all the blown calls earlier in the game could have led to touchdowns. All are important.

Quote from: GuvHog on July 29, 2015, 10:32:27 am
Quote from: HeberFan on July 28, 2015, 05:28:15 pm

One blown call can and sometimes does make a difference. I've seen it happen.

HeberFan

Heber has a tough schedule. Most of the games against higher-ranked teams are on the road.

LakeRat

Quote from: HeberFan on July 30, 2015, 09:44:42 pm
Heber has a tough schedule. Most of the games against higher-ranked teams are on the road.

Last year the Panthers played better on the road than at home... I suggested to one of the coaches they load the team up in a bus and drive them around the lake twice before home games.

cuckoobird

Quote from: LakeRat on July 31, 2015, 09:11:16 am
Quote from: HeberFan on July 30, 2015, 09:44:42 pm

Last year the Panthers played better on the road than at home... I suggested to one of the coaches they load the team up in a bus and drive them around the lake twice before home games.
I agree, the performance I saw at home by the lil black kitty cats was abysmal

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 26, 2015, 05:45:04 pm
Should be a good game

Referees are assigned, not chosen by the home team. Nice try.

Lumberjackfan1978

The assigner for the dollarway warren games at dollarway must be assigned from dollarway then because it's home cooking for dway

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 01, 2015, 12:36:09 pm
The assigner for the dollarway warren games at dollarway must be assigned from dollarway then because it's home cooking for dway

I don't believe the 8-4A has assigned referees. Those schools like their home cooking too much.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 01, 2015, 02:11:55 pm
Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 01, 2015, 12:36:09 pm

I don't believe the 8-4A has assigned referees. Those schools like their home cooking too much.
[/quote dway and Hamburg for sure

HeberFan

Instant replay isn't even a sure way to get calls right. Have to deal with bad calls

JC Guy

Quote from: HeberFan on August 02, 2015, 08:04:43 am
Instant replay isn't even a sure way to get calls right. Have to deal with bad calls
Bad or missed calls you can understand at game speed but they need to at the very least know the rules. That's the thing that kills me.

Lumberjackfan1978

instant replay would have won Warren a state championship one year,hard to deal with that bad of a call

hawgfan15

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 02, 2015, 03:56:23 pm
instant replay would have won Warren a state championship one year,hard to deal with that bad of a call

LOL

cuckoobird

there wasn't overwhelming evidence he scored. Nashville still would have won

HeberFan

Lots of pressure for the Ricecakes to christen their new field with a win against Dewitt. Will it happen ?

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 03, 2015, 07:14:05 am
there wasn't overwhelming evidence he scored. Nashville still would have won
looking at the board I saw and if you throw in all the angles I think it would have been reversed a Warren win

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on August 03, 2015, 08:00:29 pm
Lots of pressure for the Ricecakes to christen their new field with a win against Dewitt. Will it happen ?
We've got about the same chance losing to Dewitt as we do the lil black kitty cats

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 04, 2015, 07:28:11 am
We've got about the same chance losing to Dewitt as we do the lil black kitty cats

You could refer to Heber as the kitty cats 1,000 times and its going to make me laugh every time.

cuckoobird

Quote from: beach bum on August 04, 2015, 10:52:07 am

You could refer to Heber as the kitty cats 1,000 times and its going to make me laugh every time.
it sure put her panties in a wad when she was a newb

GuvHog

If Stuttgart loses to Dewitt, this will be a long, painful season for the Ricebirds. That would be a devastating, shocking loss.

Jacketman65

Quote from: GuvHog on August 04, 2015, 12:49:23 pm

If Stuttgart loses to Dewitt, this will be a long, painful season for the Ricebirds. That would be a devastating, shocking loss.
It could very well happen, Dewitt has a couple of transfers with something to prove!

HeberFan

Who is willing to predict a score in Dewitt vs. Stuttgart?

beach bum

Quote from: HeberFan on August 04, 2015, 04:12:48 pm

Ricebirds by 35.... and week 5 Stuttgart will handle Heber by 21 points.

HeberFan

Beating Dewitt by 35 and Heber by 21 would be a whole lot of offense. How many returning starters does Stuttgart have ?

Quote from: beach bum on August 04, 2015, 04:35:09 pm

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on August 04, 2015, 08:06:35 pm
Beating Dewitt by 35 and Heber by 21 would be a whole lot of offense. How many returning starters does Stuttgart have ?

A bunch

LakeRat

Isn't it a little early for fantasy football boys..?

phdefense

August 05, 2015, 11:49:33 am #92 Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:33:18 pm by phdefense
Quote from: LakeRat on August 05, 2015, 07:34:43 am
Isn't it a little early for fantasy football boys..?
When the Birds play the cats it will be more like .

LakeRat

Best hope y'all don't have to run 300+ yards on a single play... The Panthers do dominate in cross-country, don't forget!! LOL

HeberFan

Heber has a 92% graduation rate, while Stuttgart only has an 82% rate. Perhaps the Ricecake dropouts can get a job polishing some of those rusty, old football trophies ?

RUSH

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 05, 2015, 07:18:44 am
Quote from: HeberFan on August 04, 2015, 08:06:35 pm

4/5 according to Hootens! That's not a bunch!

A bunch

HeberFan

I think that Dewitt game has Stuttgart worried.

phdefense

Quote from: HeberFan on August 16, 2015, 03:34:53 pm
Hopefully Arkadelphia and Warren will help prepare Stuttgart to face the mighty Dragons. ::)

Jacketman65

Quote from: phdefense on August 16, 2015, 08:45:23 pm
Quote from: HeberFan on August 16, 2015, 03:34:53 pm
Hopefully Arkadelphia and Warren will help prepare Stuttgart to face the mighty Dragons. ::)
That's a big HOPE with two potential beat downs and like you like to call it Curb Stompings!

SUGARTOWN

TWO WEEKS from today the Ricebirds once again play the first game of the High School season against  Arkadelphia, it's almost here.  :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas