• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens 2-4A

Started by HeberFan, June 22, 2015, 05:09:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeberFan

June 22, 2015, 05:09:38 pm Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 06:47:43 pm by HeberFan
Anyone have the Hootens pre-season rankings for 2-4A?  Lonoke is obviously the top pick, since they are 10th overall in the state.

beach bum

Heber Springs is ranked #47 right in between Berryville and Waldron  ;D

phdefense

Quote from: HeberFan on June 22, 2015, 05:09:38 pm
Anyone have the Hootens pre-season Top 10 rankings for 2-4A?  Lonoke is obviously the top pick, since they are 10th overall in the state.
How can there be a top 10 when there are only 8 teams in the conference?

Proud Buckaroo

Lolllllll. It was at this moment, HeberFan knew. He screwed up. 😭

HeberFan

bulldoghistorian

Lol.
As soon as I get mine, I'll post the rankings for each conference.

BrianfromCarlisle

So........They have Lonoke at 10. But, picked Third in conference?  Yep, makes perfect sense to me

GuvHog

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on June 23, 2015, 06:14:48 am
So........They have Lonoke at 10. But, picked Third in conference?  Yep, makes perfect sense to me

It makes sense if you understand how they do it. The Hootens do the overall classification rankings but the individual conference rankings are coaches polls.

Proud Buckaroo

I think a lot of people don't understand that, Guv. I see it way too  many times.

BrianfromCarlisle

They should take a little better effort to explain that.  Because it looks ridiculous.

Infamous

June 23, 2015, 03:34:27 pm #10 Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:36:22 pm by Infamous
Quote from: phdefense on June 22, 2015, 06:12:44 pm
Quote from: HeberFan on June 22, 2015, 05:09:38 pm
Anyone have the Hootens pre-season Top 10 rankings for 2-4A?  Lonoke is obviously the top pick, since they are 10th overall in the state.
How can there be a top 10 when there are only 8 teams in the conference?

LOL.

I just glanced at a copy about ten minutes ago. I can't remember what it was past the top three, but it was Newport, Heber and Lonoke.

bulldoghistorian

Go look at the thread that says conference predictions in 4A :)

HeberFan

Who has homefield advantage this year, Lonoke or Newport ?

whippersnapper

HeberFan

Lonoke better have some big linebackers or Cari will gash the Rabbits !

Infamous

Did Whippersnapper write the Hootens preview for Newport? It said "Caleb Statler gave Austin Capps everything he could handle last year." Whoever wrote that was watching a different game than I was.

bulldoghistorian

June 24, 2015, 05:27:45 pm #16 Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 05:29:25 pm by bulldoghistorian
I would say they must have watched a different game, because we dominated that game, especially in the second half.

Infamous

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 24, 2015, 05:27:45 pm
I would say they must have watched a different game, because we dominated that game, especially in the second half.

Capps was being double-teamed and was still making it into Newport's backfield.

bulldoghistorian

HeberFan

So you guys think Stuttgart will beat Newport this fall ?

Infamous

Quote from: HeberFan on June 24, 2015, 08:29:47 pm
So you guys think Stuttgart will beat Newport this fall ?

I do.

HeberFan

Does that mean Stuttgart will win the conference ?

hawgfan15

If this sophomore class is as good as advertised then Stuttgart will beat Newport this fall. Very good shot at being the 3 seed. If Stuttgart misses the playoffs again this season then Perrin isnt the right guy for the job. I think he is a good coach FWIW

HeberFan

Stuttgart the 3 seed behind whom ?

hawgfan15

Quote from: HeberFan on June 24, 2015, 08:59:29 pm
Stuttgart the 3 seed behind whom ?

Your guess is as good as mine. I think Lonoke is a lock for the 1 or 2 seed. I feel like they win the conference. HWH is the wild card this year. They had a talented team last year but fell apart down the stretch. CAC, Heber, and Newport are all about the same. CAC has a kid named Josh Johnson who is a very gifted football player. I will take a guess at it though

1. Lonoke
2. HWH
3. Stuttgart
4. CAC
5. Heber/Newport

HeberFan

I thought CAC would do better in spring 7 on 7. Not sure what happened there

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on June 24, 2015, 09:25:10 pm
I thought CAC would do better in spring 7 on 7. Not sure what happened there
7on7 isn't always a good indicator of how good a team will be. lineman play a HUGE role in real football

HeberFan

My point is that CAC has some good skill players

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HeberFan on June 25, 2015, 09:37:59 pm
My point is that CAC has some good skill players

BUT the point is 7 on 7 isn't a good indicator for anything come time for the season.

HeberFan

Totally wrong. Warren and PA are both excellent at 7 on 7

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on June 26, 2015, 06:34:49 am
Totally wrong. Warren and PA are both excellent at 7 on 7
PB and Eldorado aren't

HeberFan

Neither is Stuttgart

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on June 26, 2015, 06:37:14 am
Neither is Stuttgart
We don't run a pass attack so it does us no good. We participate in team camps with teams like NLR, WM, Eldorado, and PB

HeberFan

Have fun in your little team camps, Ricecakes

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on June 26, 2015, 06:41:19 am
Have fun in your little team camps, Ricecakes
Oh don't worry we will. have fun losing to us AGAIN this year

HeberFan

Should be a good game

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on June 26, 2015, 06:46:25 am
Should be a good game
We don't have moral victories in Stuttgart so unless we win, it's a bad game

HeberFan

So that means every year Stuttgart doesn't win the state championship is a bad year?

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on June 26, 2015, 06:52:49 am
So that means every year Stuttgart doesn't win the state championship is a bad year?
Read my post again. I can explain it to you but I can't make you understand

LakeRat

I recall last year Lonoke was predicted to have a strong year... but didn't even challenge the top 3 in 2-4A. Did something change to improve their outlook again this year?

cuckoobird

Quote from: LakeRat on June 26, 2015, 09:08:26 am
I recall last year Lonoke was predicted to have a strong year... but didn't even challenge the top 3 in 2-4A. Did something change to improve their outlook again this year?
I think they have the most coming back. I doubt they win the 2 but we'll see

LakeRat

Hmmm ok... returning the most from a 4th or 5th seed team doesn't quite spell a recipe for success.

I guess we'll hear/see more as the season approaches and non-conference games kick in.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LakeRat on June 26, 2015, 09:24:55 am
Hmmm ok... returning the most from a 4th or 5th seed team doesn't quite spell a recipe for success.

Because players can't improve from one year to the next?

HeberFan

All players try to improve from one year to the next.

LakeRat

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 26, 2015, 09:30:30 am
Quote from: LakeRat on June 26, 2015, 09:24:55 am

Because players can't improve from one year to the next?

In a general sense, majority of players improve year to year... But in most cases it's small increments. Not huge leaps...

Prior to the 2014 season there were a lot of folks predicting Lonoke to perform well and possibly lead the 2-4A conference. This seemed to come out of no where based on no significant change in the team or program. Again, we've got folks here talking a strong showing from Lonoke this year and again no stated basis for making such a call...

I'm not saying the Jackrabbits will be better or worse this year... I just question why others think they will be more than a 4th or 5th seed in the conference..?

SUGARTOWN

Mainly because no one else in the conference stands out. They have a few good skill players returning including their QB and played better toward the end of last season. Newport certainly hasn't played up to expectations IMO the last couple of years, they graduated a bunch of talent AND have a new coach as does Heber.

Besides, somebody has to be picked #1 in the conference.  :)

bulldoghistorian

Very true, someone has to be picked number 1.
And the Lonoke qb gave S C some fits a year ago.

LakeRat

OK... now i get it. The lesser of 4-5 evils and no remarkable changes. Go with a safe, non controversial pick.

At this time... I'd put Lonoke, Newport & Stuttgart in a let's see what their chemistry as a team can produce. Any of the 3 can bring it if they gel as a unit.

I'm comfortable based on programs and returning talent that HWH, CAC and Heber have the best potential for the top 3. While Heber has a new head coach designated... he's not a new coach to the school or program with several years as Offensive coordinator.

As others mentioned Riverview & Southside have the potential of being a surprise... as we've seen in the past decade in 2-4A things cycle through and even the programs with less top performances historically can put it together for a magical year and take the conference.

HeberFan

This year will go to the team with the most favorable schedulng.

GuvHog

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 26, 2015, 06:47:19 am
Quote from: HeberFan on June 26, 2015, 06:46:25 am
Should be a good game
We don't have moral victories in Stuttgart so unless we win, it's a bad game

You do however, have a lot of home cooking officiating there though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas