• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The other folks top 10.

Started by AirWarren, June 20, 2015, 05:11:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Got mine today at big red in Benton.

Dardanelle
Nashville
Star city
PULASKI Robinson
Hamburg
Prairie grove
Malvern
Gosnell
Arkadelphia
Lonoke

My jacks are at 18.

beach bum

June 20, 2015, 05:15:49 pm #1 Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:19:25 pm by beach bum
Quote from: AirWarren on June 20, 2015, 05:11:41 pm

Dardanelle
Nashville
Star city
PULASKI Robinson
Hamburg
Prairie grove
Malvern
Gosnell
Arkadelphia
Lonoke

My jacks are at 18.

Prairie Grove, Dardanelle, and Pulaski Robinson are way too high..... Warren is waaaaay too low. I don't care if all 22 starters graduated they should be in the top 10. It's Warren. Its like Alabama, they just reload. Dardanelle should be in the 4 or 5 range. Pulaski Robinson and Prairie Grove should be around 10 and 11.

bulldoghistorian

Yes!!! What's their order for the 8-4A?

beach bum

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 20, 2015, 05:27:37 pm

I would guess it has..

1.Star City
2.Hamburg
3.Dollarway
4.Warren

.... I can't imagine Dollarway worse than 18. Who really thinks Warren finishes 4th though?

beach bum

June 20, 2015, 05:33:02 pm #4 Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:35:14 pm by beach bum
However, don't the coaches actually rank the order of conference finishers and the magazine ranks them overall? So a team who is ranked lower overall by the magazine could be picked to finish higher in conference?

bulldoghistorian

I was surprised Dollarway was not in their top 10. I agree that 18 is too low for Warren.

beach bum

And ours is better obviously!!

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

And yes, the coaches do rank the order of the conference finishers.
That is also listed in the magazine.

bulldoghistorian

June 20, 2015, 05:54:55 pm #9 Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:59:06 pm by bulldoghistorian
In 2011, Hootens ranked Star City  5th in the state, but the coaches voted us to finish 3rd in the 8-4A.
They voted Dumas to win the league, while Hootens ranked them two spots lower than us.

hawgfan15

Quote from: beach bum on June 20, 2015, 05:15:49 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on June 20, 2015, 05:11:41 pm

Dardanelle
Nashville
Star city
PULASKI Robinson
Hamburg
Prairie grove
Malvern
Gosnell
Arkadelphia
Lonoke

My jacks are at 18.

Prairie Grove, Dardanelle, and Pulaski Robinson are way too high..... Warren is waaaaay too low. I don't care if all 22 starters graduated they should be in the top 10. It's Warren. Its like Alabama, they just reload. Dardanelle should be in the 4 or 5 range. Pulaski Robinson and Prairie Grove should be around 10 and 11.

I agree with you 100%

AirWarren

Obviously we "didn't buy enough ads..." 

bulldoghistorian

AirWarren

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 20, 2015, 05:27:37 pm

Star city
Dollarway
Hamburg
Warren

bulldoghistorian

AirWarren

I didn't realize hamburg returned that much. I'll reserve my thoughts on these rankings after I see the product on the field against smackover.

bulldoghistorian

Who is picked to finish 5th?
Also, the last time Star City was picked to win the 8-4A was in 2010, and we won it!
We went unbeaten, finishing 7-0 in the league and 8-2 in the over all regular season.

CounterPunch

Dardanelle? Didn't they lose their stud QB?

AirWarren

Apparently they return 19 kids from last year. They return 7 or 8 on defense.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on June 20, 2015, 09:45:33 pm
Apparently they return 19 kids from last year. They return 7 or 8 on defense.

Their QB probably had a record for broken tackles at the QB position for a season. They can return all they want but they will hurt without him. I can't see them going further than the semis without him.

AirWarren

Oh I agree. He was all that moved the ball on Warren. He was something else.

Superjack45

You know what that's good for Warren kids because they haven't proved anything yet. I suspect this young Warren team to do okay. We will see when the season start.

LJ06

Wow Warren at 18 is absurd.  I don't care how much we lost that is still absurd.  The 'Jacks still have some great players left and good talent coming up in the ranks.  Warren will surprise this season.  I'd almost bet that the Lumberjacks finish the season inside the top ten.

AirWarren

Good motivation for Bo Hembree toward the kids.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on June 20, 2015, 10:59:02 pm
Good motivation for Bo Hembree toward the kids.

Slap in the face towards the defending champs if you ask me.  Remember '05.  All I'm sayin

Romeo

I have to agree with Warren's ranking. I just can't see us anywhere in the top ten or top fifteen with what we lost last season. I feel rankings should reflect potential success for the upcoming season rather than past history. Nashville should be number one regardless of the coaching change. I still really like Shiloh Christian. Robinson's stock increased some with the addition of the transfer from PA.

AirWarren

I think the rankings reflect past records for the most part. Warren will just have to prove themselves and use the slap in the face ranking to its advantage.

LJ06

June 21, 2015, 12:01:39 am #27 Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:03:44 am by LJ06
Just let the on field product due the work.  The rankings will come later.  Gonna be a fun season!

Early predictions

Smackover - W
Stuttgart - W
Pulaski Academy - L
Crossett - W
Star City - L
Dumas - W
DeWitt - W
Monticello - W
Hamburg - W
Dollarway - L

7-3 (5-2)

bulldoghistorian

I may not put Dollarway in the l column for yall.
Yall will be looking for revenge, and they have to go to Bradley County.
Also, when was the last time Warren was ranked this low to start a season?

LJ06

June 21, 2015, 12:15:44 am #29 Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:17:36 am by LJ06
Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 21, 2015, 12:14:36 am
I may not put Dollarway in the l column for yall.
Yall will be looking for revenge, and they have to go to Bradley County.
Also, when was the last time Warren was ranked this low to start a season?

Maybe the lowest of the Hembree era.  His worst team was 6-5 in 2010.  Started out the season at #10 FWIW.

AirWarren

This may be the lowest since 1999 or 2000.

bulldoghistorian

I just looked on hootens website.
They have been at least top 10 in the preseason every year since 2009.
2009 is as far back as their website goes.

bulldoghistorian

Very well could be that long ago.

LJ06

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 21, 2015, 12:36:09 am
Very well could be that long ago.

Warren has been in the top 10 preseason every year since at least 2002 that I know of.  I'm sure 2001 started off in the top ten and 2000 may have as well.

SUGARTOWN

I'm sensing a little truly upset from some of the Warren folks. It'll be ok guys, we don't care about Hootens rankings anyway, right?  :D

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: LJ06 on June 21, 2015, 12:01:39 am
Just let the on field product due the work.  The rankings will come later.  Gonna be a fun season!

Early predictions

Smackover - W
Stuttgart - W
Pulaski Academy - L
Crossett - W
Star City - L
Dumas - W
DeWitt - W
Monticello - W
Hamburg - W
Dollarway - L

7-3 (5-2)

So... I know you are using your judgement on your picks. I do want to ask though why you think you guys can beat Smackover? I'm not saying you guys can't do that though.

Romeo

I'm about 95% sure this is Warren's lowest Hooten's ranking since 1998. That year we finished 4-7, which has been our worst season in the last 27 years. The 1998 team also had only one starter returning on offense and three on defense. There's been only one other season where we've been depleted of so many starters and that was Coach Hembree's worst season. 2005 was expected to be somewhat of a rebuilding year, except we had five future division I signees in that sophomore class and 2 future NFL players. I guess every fanbase has that bad apple or sourpuss who thinks glass half-empty and I guess that's me. Were going be back in contention for state titles in the future, but for this season its a wait and see approach. We've done well so far in 7 on 7, but that shouldn't be any confirmation of having success during the regular season. I don't think we'll beat Smackover. 

hawgfan15

Warren's biggest question is how are they going to replace that offensive line and the majority of the defensive line. The Lumberjacks are always going to have skill players and Lassiter has a chance to be one of Warren's better QB's from what I have seen and heard.

AirWarren

Warren will have a young offensive and defensive line.

Offensive line will range from 5'8 230 to 6'2 260. One senior being the 5'8 kid. We have 4 lineman that haven't played since jr high that will battle for starting positions.

Jack1990

We have plenty to prove. Lots of unanswered questions. Ready for August! GO JACKS!

LJ06

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 21, 2015, 08:53:20 am

Early predictions

Smackover - W
Stuttgart - W
Pulaski Academy - L
Crossett - W
Star City - L
Dumas - W
DeWitt - W
Monticello - W
Hamburg - W
Dollarway - L

7-3 (5-2)

So... I know you are using your judgement on your picks. I do want to ask though why you think you guys can beat Smackover? I'm not saying you guys can't do that though.

Pretty much a gut feeling is all I can really say.  I almost put that game as a loss for Warren and it could easily be.  Smackover will be no slouch and nobody from Warren is just sure of what kind of product we will see on the field just yet.  Fingers crossed, but our history in Hootens Classics is not good.

cuckoobird

Early predictions

Smackover - W
Stuttgart - W
Pulaski Academy - L
Crossett - W
Star City - L
Dumas - W
DeWitt - W
Monticello - W
Hamburg - W
Dollarway - L

7-3 (5-2)
Pretty accurate IMHO, you only missed one.

Hootie

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 22, 2015, 02:32:22 pm

Early predictions

Smackover - W
Stuttgart - W
Pulaski Academy - L
Crossett - W
Star City - L
Dumas - W
DeWitt - W
Monticello - W
Hamburg - W
Dollarway - L

7-3 (5-2)
Pretty accurate IMHO, you only missed one.

Yep he got the DeWitt game wrong. Dragons will roll the Jacks on the way to the state title in 2015!

AirWarren

The sun is getting to some of you folks!

BigLion10

I don't think it's the sun getting to some people

HeberFan

Nothing matters until conference games begin

cuckoobird

Quote from: HeberFan on June 22, 2015, 05:03:21 pm
Nothing matters until conference games begin
Yep, then we get to curbstomp the lil black kitty cats again

polksalet

there's only one poll that matters but I think dardy is way, way too high   

cuckoobird

Quote from: polksalet on June 23, 2015, 08:54:03 am