• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens

Started by bulldoghistorian, June 16, 2015, 07:21:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

I heard the magazine will be out in just days from now?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 16, 2015, 07:21:49 pm
I heard the magazine will be out in just days from now?

Usually out around father's day

Proud Buckaroo

Most likely the end of this month, or first of July.

HeberFan

Who thinks Hootens does a good job picking games? Or do they just play favorites ?

Proud Buckaroo

I think they do a fair job. Sometimes their picks are sketchy.

HeberFan

Just blindly picking the home team gives you a 56 percent win ratio

bulldoghistorian

I'd say they are sometimes 50-50, and sometimes they are spot on. They are usually pretty good when picking game winners and point spreads though.

AirWarren

Being a state this small, I think it's great that we have a group of people that devote time like they do to cover EVERY school from Bentonville to cutter morning star for football. People gripe about them because of what they do and people would gripe if we didn't have them. So they can't really win.

whippersnapper

+1 AW. I agree 100%

bulldoghistorian

I like them. And they are dedicated to what they do, that's for sure!

Proud Buckaroo

I completely agree, AirWarren. People can never be satisfied with the options they have.

whippersnapper

Just saw on twitter pictures of them being finished printing. Hopefully in the next week they will be out! Now could I get someone to mail me one in Oregon! Haha

AirWarren

Quote from: whippersnapper on June 17, 2015, 12:22:48 pm
Just saw on twitter pictures of them being finished printing. Hopefully in the next week they will be out! Now could I get someone to mail me one in Oregon! Haha

I'll be looking for one soon at one of the BIG RED fina stores!

bulldoghistorian

I wish we could go ahead and get a sneak peak at their rankings lol!

AirWarren

I have a feeling either Nashville or SC will be ranked number one.

bulldoghistorian

BigLion10

When's the last time SC has been ranked 1st

Jack1990

Depends where you look or who you ask!! Around Lincoln County it's every year!!  LOL

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 17, 2015, 12:53:48 pm

Here's their #10-#5 that they teased last week: 4A Top 10 tease: #10 Lonoke, 9 Arkadoo, 8 Gosnell, 7 Malvern, 6 P Grove, 5 Hamburg ...

And I'm pretty sure they'll have Nashville at #1 as they tried to make their case for Scrappers over Star City with me.

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2015, 01:03:46 pm
I doubt it's SC. Top 3 maybe but probably not #1

GuvHog

Quote from: whippersnapper on June 17, 2015, 12:22:48 pm

Go to Hootens.com. You can order one and they'll ship it to you.

hawgfan15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 17, 2015, 01:45:42 pm

Here's their #10-#5 that they teased last week: 4A Top 10 tease: #10 Lonoke, 9 Arkadoo, 8 Gosnell, 7 Malvern, 6 P Grove, 5 Hamburg ...

And I'm pretty sure they'll have Nashville at #1 as they tried to make their case for Scrappers over Star City with me.

The last four will probably be Dardanelle, Dollarway, Star City, and Nashville.

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 17, 2015, 03:11:10 pm

You don't think they will have Warren in the top ten?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 17, 2015, 03:54:37 pm

I'd be surprised if they didn't. I'll bet they leave out Dardanelle.

Proud Buckaroo

I am willing to bet they leave out Dardy, and put Warren there.

hawgfan15

I was shocked that they weren't somewhere in their #5 through #10. Preseason top 5 would be a reach. Preseason polls should be about projecting the upcoming season. I'm not in the crowd that believes they should be ranked #1 until they lose, it's a new year. However if they would have returned half of their starters from last year then I could understand giving them the benefit of the doubt.

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 17, 2015, 04:04:52 pm

I was shocked that they weren't somewhere in their #5 through #10. Preseason top 5 would be a reach. Preseason polls should be about projecting the upcoming season. I'm not in the crowd that believes they should be ranked #1 until they lose, it's a new year. However if they would have returned half of their starters from last year then I could understand giving them the benefit of the doubt.
I'm with you on being number one but I think they deserve a top ten until beaten in week two

hawgfan15

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 17, 2015, 04:03:13 pm

That sounds like something they would do. Dardanelle is going to be better than most think. That defense returns a lot and will be nasty. Kershner is a top 5 player in 4A so offensively they have something to work with.

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 17, 2015, 04:06:24 pm

I'm with you on being number one but I think they deserve a top ten until beaten in week two

I agree, they should be top 10. Hootens always gives Nashville and Warren extra love in the rankings. If they are in the top 4 I won't be surprised.

HeberFan

Think you have to start fresh every year in the rankings. Considering seniors leaving and sometimes coaching changes, the entire character of a team can change in a year.

AirWarren

Week 2 huh? You calling it?

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2015, 01:03:46 pm
Depends who bought the most ads out of their top five  8)

phdefense

If Warren is still playing in their preseason games they will be in the top ten if for no other reason than for hype.

AirWarren

Not sure what hype. We lost one of the most complete senior classes in Bo's run at warren. Everyone expects warren to rebuild. Even the warren faithful. Furthermore, the majority of posters think hootens is crap.

Now If hype is being a consistent winning program with Zero sub .500 seasons in the last 17 years, then yeah sure I guess it's hype.

Just ready for some football.

Lacerta agilis

June 17, 2015, 08:07:36 pm #34 Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:18:26 pm by Lacerta agilis
Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 17, 2015, 04:08:59 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 17, 2015, 04:03:13 pm

That sounds like something they would do. Dardanelle is going to be better than most think. That defense returns a lot and will be nasty. Kershner is a top 5 player in 4A so offensively they have something to work with.

If the Lizards aren't a top 10 team with what they have coming back, 4A is going to be A LOT stronger than it was last season.

Proud Buckaroo

Whose filling in your QB position?

Lacerta agilis

Proud Buckaroo

Is he going to fill the shoes of last years QB?

Lacerta agilis

He won't run over as many people, but I doubt anyone catches him from behind.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on June 17, 2015, 08:33:55 pm
He won't run over as many people, but I doubt anyone catches him from behind.

Yeah, but last year you had Thompson, Kershner AND that speedy little RB. The other two are gone so it might make it tough on Kershner if the entire defense keys on him.

Lacerta agilis

We won't have as many big play playmakers on offense, but our O-line will be stronger than last year.

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2015, 07:48:48 pm
Not sure what hype. We lost one of the most complete senior classes in Bo's run at warren. Everyone expects warren to rebuild. Even the warren faithful. Furthermore, the majority of posters think hootens is crap.

Now If hype is being a consistent winning program with Zero sub .500 seasons in the last 17 years, then yeah sure I guess it's hype.

I was talking about Hootens hyping their games ::)

SUGARTOWN

June 18, 2015, 06:03:06 am #42 Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 06:06:09 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: phdefense on June 18, 2015, 02:01:24 am
Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2015, 07:48:48 pm

I was talking about Hootens hyping their games ::)

You have to be patient with the slow ones...

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2015, 06:30:46 pm

Week 2 huh? You calling it?
Oh yeah, it's called!  8)

Gray lizard

Dardanelle will have a good team, but with who is listed on the bottom 10, I do not expect to see to see them in the top 10.  I would put them in some where between 7 and 13. and we know they are not in the 7 to 10 spot.

Proud Buckaroo

Just like last year. It's only preseason top 10. We cannot expect much out of it. They had glen Rose in the top three last year, and we see how that went the first week of football.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 18, 2015, 10:25:25 am
Just like last year. It's only preseason top 10. We cannot expect much out of it. They had glen Rose in the top three last year, and we see how that went the first week of football.
yeah, they''ll probably have Smackover #1 this year and no way they win it all...

Proud Buckaroo

So. you're saying that Smackover doesn't have a chance to win it all this year?

Lets take a look at things from perspective...

2012 under Strickland: Lost in the first round of the playoffs, and pushed eventual state champion Harding.
2013 under Strickland: Lost in the semi-finals to Glen Rose.
2014 under Strickland: Lost in the state championship...

If it all goes right. I believe Smackover should be the favorite to win it all.

Regardless of how many players we lost. We still have a lot of talent back. Yeah, we lost majority of our line. Our starters scored majority of those points in the first half.. But, how many times do you think Smackover had their back-ups(This years starters) in, and they still held the lead? All most every single game.

WPWells

There's no doubt smackover is the favorite this year. Only other team *really* in the conversation right now is Prescott

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 18, 2015, 12:24:06 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 18, 2015, 10:25:25 am
yeah, they''ll probably have Smackover #1 this year and no way they win it all...
hook, line, and sinker. they just jump in the boat like those crazy carp.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas