• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dewitt Job

Started by coachsearch, June 15, 2015, 10:39:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

Sounds like it is.
So how did Courtney get this job?
Does he have ties to the city or something lol.
I wonder who will get the Dumas job now?

your name here

He has no ties to DeWitt, other than his son played baseball with some DeWitt kids. He was not a name that I heard on the original list of candidates. Also he wasn't the first choice, someone else was offered but decided to stay where they are.

gameoflife

Why did he leave Dumas?

beach bum

Quote from: gameoflife on June 18, 2015, 09:45:05 am
Why did he leave Dumas?

To move up from 8th place to 7th place?

cuckoobird

Jimbo Morphis

Why did he leave Dumas?
i think the answer would be that dumas let him out of his contract so he could go.

minerjack

Quote from: Oldman on June 18, 2015, 10:57:30 am
Why did he leave Dumas?
i think the answer would be that dumas let pushed him out of his contract so he could go.
FIFY

Lions84

DeWitt like Clarendon we both have fell on tough times.

incogneto

One problem nobody has mentioned is the size of the district.  They are bussing kids all the way from Altimeter and Humphrey.  This adds population to the school but doesn't add much in athletic talent.  Dewitt may as well have a multiplier like a private school.  The former staff was having coaches drive the 45 miles one way to pick up players.  They should realistically be a 3A school.  I can tell you the former coach has nothing but great things to say about the administration and the community support.  I have never heard him make any excuses for his record. 

sevenof400

Sounds like DeWitt is finding itself in a similar predicament to what Huntsville found itself in earlier in this decade.  The physical layout of the district is a significant issue. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: incogneto on July 05, 2015, 10:41:04 am
One problem nobody has mentioned is the size of the district.  They are bussing kids all the way from Altimeter and Humphrey.  This adds population to the school but doesn't add much in athletic talent.  Dewitt may as well have a multiplier like a private school.  The former staff was having coaches drive the 45 miles one way to pick up players.  They should realistically be a 3A school.  I can tell you the former coach has nothing but great things to say about the administration and the community support.  I have never heard him make any excuses for his record. 

Didn't altheimer consolidate with Dollarway? And I guess all the talent from that old school district went to the PB schools anyway...cause Altheimer was a power house basketball school, and had a few football players that could play anywhere most years....

SUGARTOWN

Yes, Altheimer consolidated with Dollarway. And it's never made any sense to me why Humphrey choose to bus their kids 30 miles to DeWitt when Stuttgart is 10 miles away.

phdefense

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 05, 2015, 01:55:38 pm
Yes, Altheimer consolidated with Dollarway. And it's never made any sense to me why Humphrey choose to bus their kids 30 miles to DeWitt when Stuttgart is 10 miles away.
Stuttgart told them that they were going to close their school. DeWitt told them that they wouldn't and did it anyway just like they did with Gillette. Which worked out well for the Ricebirds. Stuttgart got a really good LB because of that.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: phdefense on July 05, 2015, 10:48:27 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 05, 2015, 01:55:38 pm
Stuttgart told them that they were going to close their school. DeWitt told them that they wouldn't and did it anyway just like they did with Gillette. Which worked out well for the Ricebirds. Stuttgart got a really good LB because of that.

Yeah, I knew they were at odds with the Stuttgart Supt. at the time, forgot about the elementary school thing.

cuckoobird

Did Coach Phillips get the OC position?

minerjack

cuckoobird

Good, nice to have another hunting buddy around

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 08, 2015, 01:53:54 pm
you let your coaches hunt in arkansas county? i guess if your season is over early its all good.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on July 08, 2015, 02:16:24 pm
you let your coaches hunt in arkansas county? i guess if your season is over early its all good.

DeWitt's season is always over early.

Rivalshog

Quote from: dragondad on June 16, 2015, 07:29:20 pm
Steven Jones was the coach and he has taken a position on the coaching staff at Searcy. I'm not familiar with the situation at Dewitt, but I can tell you this; Steven Jones is a good up and coming young coach, and an even greater Christian man from an equally great family. My family and I wish him nothing but the best.
Whenever I read that a guy is a good christian man that usually translates into bad coach.  Seen it several times on here. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Rivalshog on July 08, 2015, 02:33:27 pm
Steven Jones was the coach and he has taken a position on the coaching staff at Searcy. I'm not familiar with the situation at Dewitt, but I can tell you this; Steven Jones is a good up and coming young coach, and an even greater Christian man from an equally great family. My family and I wish him nothing but the best.
Whenever I read that a guy is a good christian man that usually translates into bad coach.  Seen it several times on here.
in youth baseball "he is a great kid' means he is not very good.

minerjack

He's Gillett folk, ain't he?

Ventman

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 16, 2015, 10:01:06 am
Quote from: zebradynasty on June 16, 2015, 09:41:18 am
It must have been waaaay back in the day cause I haven't heard anything positive in the way of wins in at least 25+ years! I have heard they don't win because they are more concern with WHO plays than winning. So there might be some truth to getting parents and the school board out of the way.

Yeah, I'm talking about back in the 60's, 70's.

And I think there is some truth to this. But that goes on in a lot of schools, it's more about ME than WE.
x2 politics rules the world.

cuckoobird

Quote from: minerjack2212 on July 08, 2015, 02:51:51 pm
He's Gillett folk, ain't he?
Yes sir, good guy

nmyeyes

oldman, you hit the nail on the head. Dewitt got all the good Kids, Suttgart got the others, Most of them could play one sport anyway. Helped them win in basketball for sure.   

cuckoobird

Whats the deal with building the new middle school in the front gate of the football field? I know Dewitt really doesn't want people to watch the train wreck they call football but that's a little odd isn't it, to block the field entrance.

dragondad

Doesn't matter how many times you've seen it.   Dewitt was his first football coaching position, they weren't great by any means, but Jones did more with them than any coach has in years.   The fact that he's a good up-and-coming young coach and a great Christina man are independent of one another but being a great Christian man is certainly a bonus to those kids he's coaching.

Rivalshog

hmm

Lions84

Best of luck to DeWitt they faced hard times since the 1980's.

Ventman

How are things looking in DeWitt? I think I will be there for the second game against Carlisle.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas