• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dewitt Job

Started by coachsearch, June 15, 2015, 10:39:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

coachsearch

Is the Dewitt job so bad that no one will even mention it on here?
I have never seen a job be kept so quite

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: coachsearch on June 15, 2015, 10:39:24 am
Is the Dewitt job so bad that no one will even mention it on here?
I have never seen a job be kept so quite

I mentioned that they were looking for a coach a few days ago. But to answer your first question, yes.

beach bum

Stuttgart is scared Dewitt will steal their thunder with the right hire. The Ricebirds are shaking in their boots...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on June 15, 2015, 10:52:02 am
Stuttgart is scared Dewitt will steal their thunder with the right hire. The Ricebirds are shaking in their boots...

And therein lies the problem.  :D

cuckoobird

I know a guy who applied today. I hope he gets the job

your name here

I'd be fine with the one you are talking about. There is another applicant that I would be equally as happy with though.

zebradynasty

Wow didn't know the job was open. I kinda feel sorry for them they just can't turn it around!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 15, 2015, 02:16:36 pm
no way he gets it.

whippersnapper

Ive got a soft spot for programs that struggle to be competitive. Hopefully they will make the right hire, they were so close to making playoffs a year or two ago.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on June 15, 2015, 02:47:02 pm
no way he gets it.

Are we going to be seeing cuckoobird with the head set on Fridays?  ;D

zebradynasty

So why is that job so hard to keep filled and why can't they win or at least play .5000?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beach bum on June 15, 2015, 03:45:06 pm
no way he gets it.

nope he is busy bugging the ricebird staff. they already had a party in dewitt when he left.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on June 15, 2015, 03:53:17 pm
no way he gets it.

nope he is busy bugging the ricebird staff. they already had a party in dewitt when he left.

Man that guy gets around Arkansas County.....

cuckoobird

no way he gets it.

You just get the welcome party ready for my move to mcgehee

your name here

its my understanding that there were several interviews yesterday.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 16, 2015, 06:14:33 am
no way he gets it.

You just get the welcome party ready for my move to mcgehee
i will set it up. just let me know when.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 15, 2015, 03:49:28 pm
So why is that job so hard to keep filled and why can't they win or at least play .5000?

It's now one of the smallest schools in 4A and they play in one of the toughest conferences. They just don't have the numbers/talent to contend. It's sort of a dead end job for coaches.

They haven't always been this bad however. Back in the day they were good, in the 8-4A only Dollarway has more conference titles than DeWitt.

cuckoobird

If the school board and parents would step back, I believe Dewitt could contend again

zebradynasty

It must have been waaaay back in the day cause I haven't heard anything positive in the way of wins in at least 25+ years! I have heard they don't win because they are more concern with WHO plays than winning. So there might be some truth to getting parents and the school board out of the way.

Tigerdad2

28 wins in the last 14 seasons
Last conference championship was 91

zebradynasty

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on June 16, 2015, 09:45:40 am
28 wins in the last 14 seasons
Last conference championship was 91

I think I remember that 91 year! I think Dollarway was the one that beat them in playoffs.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 16, 2015, 09:41:18 am
It must have been waaaay back in the day cause I haven't heard anything positive in the way of wins in at least 25+ years! I have heard they don't win because they are more concern with WHO plays than winning. So there might be some truth to getting parents and the school board out of the way.

Yeah, I'm talking about back in the 60's, 70's.

And I think there is some truth to this. But that goes on in a lot of schools, it's more about ME than WE.

bulldoghistorian

Lol I forgot the previous coach name. Where did he go?

cuckoobird

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 16, 2015, 11:37:15 am
who knows, and it can't be good to have a former coach as AD either

zebradynasty

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 16, 2015, 10:01:06 am
Quote from: zebradynasty on June 16, 2015, 09:41:18 am

Yeah, I'm talking about back in the 60's, 70's.

And I think there is some truth to this. But that goes on in a lot of schools, it's more about ME than WE.

Yeah but after after averaging 2 wins a year for 25 years...how's that working out ???

SUGARTOWN

Well most kids only play 3 years then their parents don't care anymore and it's a new group of parents with the same philosophy.

More than that though, the talent just isn't there IMO.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 16, 2015, 11:37:15 am

Steven Jones, and I believe he went to be an asst at Searcy. But I'm not 100% on that.

zebradynasty

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 16, 2015, 12:02:01 pm
Well most kids only play 3 years then their parents don't care anymore and it's a new group of parents with the same philosophy.

Well I can see the lack talent in the 8-4A but heck they don't win non-conference either! Hopefully they'll find someone. :-\

FBfan79

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 16, 2015, 12:10:19 pm

Well I can see the lack talent in the 8-4A but heck they don't win non-conference either! Hopefully they'll find someone. :-\

I was going to say.... surely they have enough talent to be more competitive than they are.

cuckoobird

Too many years of being slapped around from both ends of the county......

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: FBfan79 on June 16, 2015, 12:37:00 pm

I was going to say.... surely they have enough talent to be more competitive than they are.

So you just think they've been making bad coaching hires for the last 25 years?

FBfan79

June 16, 2015, 01:25:52 pm #31 Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:28:13 pm by FBfan79
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 16, 2015, 01:20:35 pm

Do you think it takes more than coaching? ... your statement about parents sounds like a big part.  Lack of community support?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: FBfan79 on June 16, 2015, 01:25:52 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 16, 2015, 01:20:35 pm

Do you think it takes more than coaching? ... your statement about parents sounds like a big part.  Lack of community support?

It's a combination of all the factors mentioned. I don't think it's a lack of community support, they desperately WANT to be good, the resources just aren't there. If you have enough talent I would think you could get lucky and make the playoffs a few times no matter who your coach was, but it's just not there.

cuckoobird

Plus, it's not like they are losing close games. if it isn't a mercy rule, it's because the other team is being generous

zebradynasty

Seems hard to believe that over a 25+ year period they only fielded one solid team! I guess the enrollment has dropped but if the stats someone posted earlier are correct....very, very few schools have been that bad that long in Arkansas.

your name here

A few years back I think there were issues with parental involvement. I don't think that is the case now, talent may be slim but you have to have consistency in coaching in my book. you can't change coaches every 2 years. It's hard to play for a coach that is applying for every opening that comes up.

gameoflife

I'm amazed.  This is one of the rare times I've seen somebody say the problem is lack of athletes.  Sometimes that happens.

dragondad

Steven Jones was the coach and he has taken a position on the coaching staff at Searcy. I'm not familiar with the situation at Dewitt, but I can tell you this; Steven Jones is a good up and coming young coach, and an even greater Christian man from an equally great family. My family and I wish him nothing but the best.

cuckoobird

from my sources,Mark Courtney is the new coach

zebradynasty

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 17, 2015, 06:24:50 am

Stop playin!

cuckoobird

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 17, 2015, 07:07:02 am

Stop playin!
Just what I heard after the board meeting last night

your name here

Haven't heard that, I do know that he was a candidate a while back (before he took the Dumas job)

AirWarren

Interesting developments for sure.

Jimbo Morphis

this is correct.

SUGARTOWN

June 17, 2015, 09:34:27 am #44 Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:45:20 am by SUGARTOWN

Well, he's familiar with losing in the 8-4A so he should fit right in at DeWitt.

minerjack

Board meeting isn't suppose to be until June 23rd, unless they called a special one just for hiring.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 17, 2015, 09:53:54 am
Board meeting isn't suppose to be until June 23rd, unless they called a special one just for hiring.
i was told "dewitt board hired him last night" so i guess thats what happened.

cuckoobird

I still know more about the dewitt program than dewitites?! maybe I should try to run the team too since I have better connections....... naw just kidding, I'm fine with them being the laughing stock of the state

zebradynasty

Quote from: Oldman on June 17, 2015, 09:23:14 am
this is correct.

If one of DeWitt's problems is lack of continuity...do they think this will help? Now way this guy stays 3 seasons!

coachsearch

So I guess Dumas is open now?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas