• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UAM Slingin It in the South Results

Started by Romeo, June 05, 2015, 07:40:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FBfan79

Potential is right.  Watching Benton in 7 on 7 last year you could see they had a lot of potential.  Every kid they had out there looked to be very good.  They put together a nice season.

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 08, 2015, 11:16:48 am
Synchronization starts somewhere.
only you would use synchornization with football. or maybe superfly. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on June 08, 2015, 01:03:07 pm
he's been watching too much synchronized swimming

AirWarren

Fine, timing. Ha.

Jack-of-all trades

June 08, 2015, 02:50:03 pm #55 Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:53:28 pm by Jack-of-all trades
That's SuperJack 45 there OM.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Jack-of-all trades on June 08, 2015, 02:50:03 pm
super fly jack-!*of-!*all-!*trades

Superjack45

Quote from: Oldman on June 08, 2015, 03:02:48 pm
OM =Oh me,Oh my, Old ?. For those that have heard the story. Man now that's funny right there. There was a oldman that lived in a shoe the Owls sucked so he didn't know what to do. All in fun that's all by the way what are the Owls looking like this year.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Superjack45 on June 08, 2015, 04:39:28 pm
OM =Oh me,Oh my, Old ?. For those that have heard the story. Man now that's funny right there. There was a oldman that lived in a shoe the Owls sucked so he didn't know what to do. All in fun that's all by the way what are the Owls looking like this year.
not sure. i never count them during the spring. always some atheltes out there in may that don't like august. no heart. can't stand it.

Superjack45

Quote from: Oldman on June 08, 2015, 04:41:24 pm
Quote from: Superjack45 on June 08, 2015, 04:39:28 pm
not sure. i never count them during the spring. always some atheltes out there in may that don't like august. no heart. can't stand it.
yeah we got a couple of new kids out that haven't played since Jr. High but when 2 a days start we will see who can hack it.

cuckoobird

phdefense

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 08, 2015, 06:47:18 pm
Quote from: Jack-of-all trades on June 07, 2015, 02:48:21 pm
Who says that it's not in the Bible anywhere.
http://www.keyway.ca/htm2013/20131106.htm
I guess you don't read yours much
He is technically right in that the specific quote is not in the bible. However as you have shown via your link sanitation and hygiene is covered comprehensively in the bible.  Another famous quote that people "think" is in the bible is "This to shall pass". However it is not.

cuckoobird

Quote from: phdefense on June 08, 2015, 07:33:11 pm
He is technically right in that the specific quote is not in the bible. However as you have shown via your link sanitation and hygiene is covered comprehensively in the bible.  Another famous quote that people "think" is in the bible is "This to shall pass". However it is not.
Correct, however, I never said it was in the bible

HeberFan

Chapter 4 of 2 Corinthians talks about troubles only lasting for a time.

Superjack45

thanks pH I guess he don't read his at all. Lol!!!

PrivateLesson

John 8:7 -So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

phdefense

Quote from: PrivateLesson on June 08, 2015, 10:15:36 pm
John 8:7 -So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
People always like cutting it off right there  ::)

Always conveniently leaving out the "Go and sin no more" part. Forgiveness doesn't not equate to innocence nor condoning.

PrivateLesson

I didn't cut it off right there on purpose....and it seems to me that perhaps you are selecting to forget the verse about judging others??   

Matthew 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Why is it that Christians all have to get in a uproar and start quoting and throwing scripture at one another instead of first trying to love and understand?   God is about love and our job is to witness to people who don't know Christ....and by using this thread to cause strife seems wrong in my belief. 

phdefense

Quote from: PrivateLesson on June 08, 2015, 10:38:20 pm
I didn't cut it off right there on purpose....and it seems to me that perhaps you are selecting to forget the verse about judging others??   

Matthew 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Why is it that Christians all have to get in a uproar and start quoting and throwing scripture at one another instead of first trying to love and understand?   God is about love and our job is to witness to people who don't know Christ....and by using this thread to cause strife seems wrong in my belief.
You are correct not only is God about love, he is love, however he is not just love either.

oh and about judging

"The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment."~ Psalm 37:30

"But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man." ~ I Corinthians 2:15

"Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken. Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph." ~Amos 5:14-15

"Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not." ~Malachi 3:18

I understand you may be new in your walk or to bible study or to both. What I can tell you is that the bible does not contradict itself. You need to learn to practice reconciling the the word with itself. The verses you quoted do speak against judging wrongly and inconsistently they however are not blank statements on whether or not to judge.

Lastly I do not throw around verses. If that is what you do then please stop. I wield the word of God as the complete and final authority on all things. I would never do something such as "throw them around" I have too much respect for the author to do that.

PrivateLesson

June 08, 2015, 11:29:35 pm #69 Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:02:07 pm by PrivateLesson

PrivateLesson

Quote from: phdefense on June 08, 2015, 10:33:15 pm
Quote from: PrivateLesson on June 08, 2015, 10:15:36 pm
People always like cutting it off right there  ::)

Always conveniently leaving out the "Go and sin no more" part. Forgiveness doesn't not equate to innocence nor condoning.

Another thing.....Rolling your eyes....seems rather flippant on your part.

phdefense

Quote from: PrivateLesson on June 08, 2015, 11:29:35 pm
Phdefense.......again you are wrong in your assumptions.    I do not have to answer to you.....but I will say this...... I do not throw around Bible Verses.....it was a question in response to how it seems this thread is taking a turn.   Perhaps is was the wrong figure of speech but it kinda looks that way..... Essentially....you quote a verse.....then the next person does so.   Just because you think you are right doesn't make it so.    Guess what....I'm a sinner.   The only person I have to answer to is God.

I am not new to my bible study or in faith.   I have been in the Southern First Baptist Church since I was an infant.....I was saved when I was 8 and Baptized in church and have attended all of my life to which now I am 40.   I have witnessed wonderful blessings through God and have more Faith than you can ever imagine.   

I'm just saying it doesn't seem right to use a public forum to act like one of us is better than the other when so many are lost and when simply we are not better than anyone.   How does it look that you and I both are Christians and are on here posting this against one another to the Non-believer?   That is my point.     Is that love?   Was it love to make fun of someone who had the concept right but mistakenly got a quote confused?   Was it love to say I guess they don't read the bible at all??   I think not.   I think it's sad...that's all.   Jesus is a friend to sinners too and to sit here and judge or point out errors publicly like we are better is wrong in my opinion too. 

Yes...we are to use scripture to defend our doctrine and beliefs....we are also to use it to help and show love to others....even the lost.   

God is the final word.   The Bible is the most important thing ever in my mind.     Good night and God Bless.
Okay, you seem to be one of those people looking for a reason to be offended. So if you can kindly step down from your soapbox and put down that axe you are grinding. I would like to ask you where exactly in this thread a person was unlovingly judging the sin of another?

PrivateLesson

You used that Karma button didn't you Ph?   Lol!    Shame.....shame... ;) :)

I'm not looking to be offended....I promise.   :)

Well, for one it appears that all are quick to point out who got what wrong.....then Superfly or whatever name he goes by posted that he must not read his bible at all.   Go back and re-read the thread.   There is always gentle way to give instruction....and while we as Christians know this....it's easy to get caught up in things and not step back and look at it from someone who's not point of view.   

cuckoobird

Quote from: Superjack45 on June 08, 2015, 10:08:40 pm
Please show me superfly where I said it was in the bible.

AirWarren

I see where we are getting some logo upgrades this year. And the wood bleacher planks are being changed to aluminum. Thank goodness.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: PrivateLesson on June 09, 2015, 12:19:29 am

Well, for one it appears that all are quick to point out who got what wrong.....then Superfly or whatever name he goes by posted that he must not read his bible at all.   Go back and re-read the thread.   There is always gentle way to give instruction....and while we as Christians know this....it's easy to get caught up in things and not step back and look at it from someone who's not point of view.
did you used to post on here in another name?

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on June 09, 2015, 08:08:25 am
I see where we are getting some logo upgrades this year. And the wood bleacher planks are being changed to aluminum. Thank goodness.
Yeah...I heard that the logo may be changing this year.  Wish they would improve the sound and scoreboard at the stadium as well.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Jack1990 on June 09, 2015, 08:53:45 am
Yeah...I heard that the logo may be changing this year.  Wish they would improve the sound and scoreboard at the stadium as well.
I hope they paint it. not looking forward to all that orangy pink

AirWarren

yeah the Orange/pink is gone. Thank goodness. It's now real lumberjack Orange.

AirWarren

Imo, the sound is a lot better than it used to be. You can actually hear music and not static. I would love to see a new scoreboard all in all. And a remodel of our press box. With the size of that thing, I would be super nice.

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on June 09, 2015, 09:26:04 am
yeah the Orange/pink is gone. Thank goodness. It's now real lumberjack Orange.
Well, I attended the scrimmage after the fresh paint job and it still had a pinkish hew to me but maybe that's just lumberjack colors

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on June 09, 2015, 09:27:41 am

Imo, the sound is a lot better than it used to be. You can actually hear music and not static. I would love to see a new scoreboard all in all. And a remodel of our press box. With the size of that thing, I would be super nice.
Agreed...the sound is definitely better than it used to be.  Only complaint I have with it is that it needs more bass.  Heard that several times from fans last year.  The scoreboard has definitely seen it's better day.  We harassed Union Bank last year to replace ours like they did the one in Monticello.  Don't see that happening!  LOL  And as far as the pressbox goes...it could also definitely use a remodel.  I know that LJ and I would definitely approve!

AirWarren

What about warren bank, first state bank, superior federal credit union? The new poultry plant as sponsors for a new scoreboard. Surely the touchdown club could rally up some money.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on June 09, 2015, 12:42:17 pm
What about warren bank, first state bank, superior federal credit union? The new poultry plant as sponsors for a new scoreboard. Surely the touchdown club could rally up some money.
I'm pretty sure it is being pursued. Don't know if it will happen or not.

cuckoobird

From what I hear there is only cause to replace the visitor portion

AirWarren

Hey. That's awesome. Glad folks back home are pursuing.

Let ole Union bank make ole Monticello look good. Something has too. As stinky as that program has been over the last 6 years.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on June 09, 2015, 08:45:57 am

Diehard.

AirWarren

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 09, 2015, 12:58:36 pm

Diehard.

Bam, I thought so too. Way too many smileys, tongue sticking out, and flirtations.

Jimbo Morphis

Diehard.
thats what i thought.

Jack1990

Quote from: Oldman on June 09, 2015, 01:18:22 pm

Diehard.
thats what i thought.
yep.  just what I thought.

AirWarren

"Private lesson"

Fits the personality and all the ridiculous flirtations on here.

Jack-of-all trades

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 09, 2015, 05:38:42 am
Quote from: Superjack45 on June 08, 2015, 10:08:40 pm
Please show me superfly where I said it was in the bible.
Look guys it really wasn't that serious just messing with Bird brain like he messes with me, it was all in fun. No CB you never said that it was in the bible. So please you guys this is about Football not our Lord and his Scriptures ok. Go Jacks!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 09, 2015, 02:17:46 pm
"Private lesson"

i bet you are fun to hang out with.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on June 09, 2015, 02:29:45 pm
"Private lesson"

i bet you are fun to hang out with.
Why do you say that?

cuckoobird

Diehard.
Maybe superfly has a female alter ego too. no can't be, everything is spelled correctly

Superjack45

OK Birdman you should be worried about the Ricebirds and how they are going to get skull drugged this year.😀😀

PrivateLesson

June 09, 2015, 03:24:44 pm #96 Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:26:52 pm by PrivateLesson
Quote from: AirWarren on June 09, 2015, 01:01:13 pm

did you used to post on here in another name?   (Anything is possible, I guess...even shared accounts.)

Diehard.    Maybe....maybe not.

Bam, I thought so too. Way too many smileys, tongue sticking out, and flirtations.

What have I posted that's flirty?   And why is a Smiley face  taken as flirty instead of just being nice and sincere?    Yall guys read waaaaaaayyyyy to much into posts.

PrivateLesson

"Private lesson"

Dude....I happen to like golf.    AirWarren??  What kind of name is that?   

Proud Buckaroo

Seems you are a little obsessed with the slap button.

Jack1990

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas