• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UAM Slingin It in the South Results

Started by Romeo, June 05, 2015, 07:40:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo

1st place - Warren
2nd place - Camden Harmony Grove
3rd place - McGehee

AirWarren

AirWarren

Romeo

I wasn't there. I saw the results online. That's a good start for a young team.

Proud Buckaroo

Was Smackover in this? I thought I was told they would be.

AirWarren

Teams listed on the Warren paper included Monticello, Watson chapel, Drew Central, Warren, Crossett, McGehee, and Camden Harmony Grove.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on June 06, 2015, 08:32:49 am
Teams listed on the Warren paper included Monticello, Watson chapel, Drew Central, Warren, Crossett, McGehee, and Camden Harmony Grove.

Competition is a tad questionable but otherwise good to win regardless.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on June 06, 2015, 08:51:01 am

Oh I agree. However, with Bo breaking in a new quarterback and one starter back at WR, he is probably going to be hitting up a lot of 7 on 7s this year. And when season starts, we will be ready to go.

bulldoghistorian

Would yall expect Lassiter to be the quarterback this year?

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on June 06, 2015, 08:57:40 am

Oh I agree. However, with Bo breaking in a new quarterback and one starter back at WR, he is probably going to be hitting up a lot of 7 on 7s this year. And when season starts, we will be ready to go.

With a completely new team pretty much we need all the reps we can get especially on the offensive side where we return only one starter in WR Gilmore. Looks like we are gelling already though. I honestly think we will be better than expected. Like you said though I expect to see a lot more of 7 on 7 play compared to last year.

LJ06

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 06, 2015, 09:55:21 am

Yes he will be the guy. I'd assume we will converge back to a more run oriented offense similar to 2013 due to Lassiter's ability on the ground.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on June 06, 2015, 11:44:05 am
Quote from: AirWarren on June 06, 2015, 08:57:40 am

With a completely new team pretty much we need all the reps we can get especially on the offensive side where we return only one starter in WR Gilmore. Looks like we are gelling already though. I honestly think we will be better than expected. Like you said though I expect to see a lot more of 7 on 7 play compared to last year.

When this team was in 8th and 9th grade, you could see there was potential. Still a lot to be seen though. I saw a lot of hope when Lassiter and the underclassmen drove down mena's starting defense and scored a touchdown haha.

Superjack45

Yes they have a long way to go but you can tell that the timing isn't there yet but they look good on a lot of plays, Lassiter arm is developing pretty good,and we do have some guys that can catch the ball though. Daniels looked good catching the ball,he is starting to bulk up and runs the 40 in the low 4.5's he weighs about 185 right now.Lassister is starting to sprout up I hope he gets as tall as his dad. But all in all look good for their first 7 on 7.

Romeo

According to the schedule, Smackover and Ouachita Christian was supposed to be there as well.

AirWarren

Ouachita christian huh. Aka duck dynasty U or sponsored by duck dynasty.

Billie Blue

Fordyce, Ouachita Christian, and Smackover was in it also

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Romeo on June 06, 2015, 04:36:29 pm
According to the schedule, Smackover and Ouachita Christian was supposed to be there as well.

Ouachita Christian comes to the Smackover oil town 7 on 7.

AirWarren

Quote from: Billie Blue on June 06, 2015, 05:28:25 pm
Fordyce, Ouachita Christian, and Smackover was in it also

Thanks. Our paper only listed the teams we beat then. Is smackover breaking in a new qb?

Proud Buckaroo

Yes, we are. I think he will be just fine. He just needs some time to get comfortable as being the full time QB. He was a really good backup for Logan last season. He knows the team, and how they play. Because he started on defense.

AirWarren

Anyone know how Jones looked at the tourney?

Jack-of-all trades

Proud Buckaroo

Jordan Jones.. You know the kid from Smackover. lol.

Jack-of-all trades

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 06, 2015, 08:27:03 pm
Jordan Jones.. You know the kid from Smackover. lol.
Oh that kid almost forgot about him. 😜😜

Proud Buckaroo

You will know exactly who he is come August 31st.

AirWarren

Romeo

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on June 06, 2015, 11:03:58 pm
85 days away. Warren and Smackover.

Can't wait. Will it be rebuild or reload for Warren? Time will tell.

bulldoghistorian

LJ06

bulldoghistorian

cuckoobird

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 07, 2015, 03:02:33 am
Where is Washita Christian?
Most Christians bathe regularly, cleanliness is next to godliness 

Jack-of-all trades

Who says that it's not in the Bible anywhere.

Jack-of-all trades

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 06, 2015, 09:12:23 pm
Are you trying to get something going there uh! Banzi. I hope he is not all that you have if so its going to be a long evening for ya! I just really hope it's going to be a good game.

Proud Buckaroo

He's far from all we got! I can't wait.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Jack-of-all trades on June 07, 2015, 02:53:20 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 06, 2015, 09:12:23 pm
Are you trying to get something going there uh! Banzi. I hope he is not all that you have if so its going to be a long evening for ya! I just really hope it's going to be a good game.

Have you seen him play?

AirWarren

He hasn't seen him play. Guarantee that.

Proud Buckaroo

phdefense

Yep this will be the first time Warren has ever seen an athletic WR.  ::)

AirWarren

Quote from: phdefense on June 07, 2015, 07:34:45 pm

Bazinga

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on June 07, 2015, 04:45:28 pm
AW you wrong again seen him at the State Champ game against Charleston last year and they should have won it. I have been on the kid since he went to the Razorback camp last summer. I think they offered him but I might be wrong.

AirWarren

Quote from: Superjack45 on June 07, 2015, 07:56:04 pm
AW you wrong again seen him at the State Champ game against Charleston last year and they should have won it. I have been on the kid since he went to the Razorback camp last summer. I think they offered him but I might be wrong.

Why are you posting under two names?

Proud Buckaroo

June 07, 2015, 09:13:14 pm #41 Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:28:26 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: phdefense on June 07, 2015, 07:34:45 pm

I never said that. Don't over speculate. He said that he hadn't seen him before, so I simply gave him a link so he could see some of the kids highlights.

Proud Buckaroo

Arkansas gave him an offer. He is verbally committed to Arkansas. Alabama has given him an offer, and so has Ole Miss.

HeberFan

Warren's QB last year was really good. Will he play college ball ?

AirWarren

Quote from: HeberFan on June 07, 2015, 11:10:42 pm
Warren's QB last year was really good. Will he play college ball ?

Do not believe so. I am unsure though.

Romeo

Quote from: LJ06 on June 06, 2015, 11:45:14 am
Quote from: bulldoghistorian on June 06, 2015, 09:55:21 am

Yes he will be the guy. I'd assume we will converge back to a more run oriented offense similar to 2013 due to Lassiter's ability on the ground.

Lassiter has a ton of potential. He's a very smart kid who knows how to read defenses well. If he develops his arm, he can eventually turn into a great quarterback.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on June 07, 2015, 09:04:06 pm

Ouch!! Busted!! LOL

Jack-of-all trades

Quote from: AirWarren on June 07, 2015, 09:04:06 pm

I have been posting off my IPhone 6 plus and it still had the old name I was under. I thought it was still SJ45 until I just looked at it. Wasn't trying to start any trouble glad you caught it instead of C-bird,S-town or Oldman lol.

Jimbo Morphis

you guys are getting way too excited over 7 on 7. when mcgehee was terrible back in 2007-2008 we were beating a lot of good teams in 7 on 7. much easier to complete passes when no one is hitting your qb.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on June 08, 2015, 08:35:18 am
you guys are getting way too excited over 7 on 7. when mcgehee was terrible back in 2007-2008 we were beating a lot of good teams in 7 on 7. much easier to complete passes when no one is hitting your qb.

I think you're mistaken excitement from realistic expectations in warren. We know we will be rebuilding so any positive at this point for warren is really good. The potential is there but to say we will steam roll anyone is silly at this point.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas