• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville Team Camp

Started by hawgfan15, June 05, 2015, 01:34:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan15

June 05, 2015, 01:34:27 pm Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:36:26 pm by hawgfan15
Nashville hosted a team camp today. The only 4A teams there were Nashville and Ashdown. The other teams who participated were El Dorado, Hope, Magnolia, Prescott, Murfreesboro, and Spring Hill. El Dorado should be the 6A preseason favorite IMO. They are huge on the lines and have a big physical running back that stood out. Prescott should also be in the hunt for the 3A title. The Curley Wolves had the best QB at the camp.

Ashdown didn't impress me as much as I thought they would. They only had about 30 kids out there today and they lost a lot on both lines. Brandon Northcross is the real deal though. He is a D1 defensive back but when he has the ball in his hands he is a big play waiting to happen. They seemed to be very cautious with how they used him today. He didn't get very many snaps running the ball and primarily played WR. Outside of him they don't seem to have many other weapons or at least no one stood out. The new sophomore QB is going to be a good one. I believe his name is Jaden Hill. He has great touch on his passes and has a nice feel in the pocket. He will be the best QB they have had in a decade. Ashdown doesn't have much size on the lines this year but played hard.

Oh and there weren't any fights with Nashville, sorry. Hope and Magnolia did mix it up a little bit after one play.

FBfan79

Thanks.... Preskitt fans should be happy. 

polksalet

hawgfan15

Quote from: polksalet on June 05, 2015, 06:30:35 pm
Was Hill the qb last year?

No Hill was the junior high QB. Ashdown did start a sophomore last year but I guess he has changed positions.

hogdiggity

I don't believe all the baseball kids are back with Ashdown yet.  The line should average at least 250 this year.   I believe only one senior was lost from the line.

hawgfan15

Quote from: hogdiggity on June 05, 2015, 09:09:09 pm
I don't believe all the baseball kids are back with Ashdown yet.  The line should average at least 250 this year.   I believe only one senior was lost from the line.

Oh ok that makes sense then. The numbers seemed too low. I guess a few linemen were missing then

polksalet

Is this Nashville's biggest team ever?

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 05, 2015, 10:15:27 pm
Quote from: hogdiggity on June 05, 2015, 09:09:09 pm

Oh ok that makes sense then. The numbers seemed too low. I guess a few linemen were missing then
Thats right they only lost one sr lineman plus return one from injury.So basically the same line.

hogdiggity

Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 05, 2015, 07:01:45 pm
Quote from: polksalet on June 05, 2015, 06:30:35 pm
Was Hill the qb last year?

No Hill was the junior high QB. Ashdown did start a sophomore last year but I guess he has changed positions.

He is playing baseball in San Antonio for the summer.

TrackGrad

From my years of team camps and 7-on-7's at Nashville, I felt that as a team, Ashdown performed better than Nashville during this time. This was several years back, however, and when the regular season came, we were the side taking the L in the regular season from Scrapper Nation. With that being said, don't count out Ashdown in the regular season. They have some strong potential at Key Positions, that just need a few kinks to be worked out. Yes, the big whole (on paper) is at RB, however, barring no injuries, I feel as if this will be the most dangerous team in 7-4A come end-of-season.

FBfan79

Sounds like we're in for another interesting year

hawgfan15

Bold prediction right there. I think Ashdown will compete for the 4th and 5th spot in the conference and maybe win a first round game. I think it will just be another typical year for Ashdown. Northcross will be as good as anyone in the conference but unless someone else steps up he will see a lot of double teams.

hogdiggity

Ashdown is 4-0 in Hope at 7 on 7 today, including beating Nashville 38-17.  I don't put much into 7 on 7, but barring injuries Ashdown should be pretty salty this year.  RB will be fine with Haskins in the backfield, he is one of the fastest kids on the team and is tough as nails.

FBfan79

Is anyone expecting to have a down year? Lol Arkadelphia or Malvern?  FL should be just as good or better pending the QB position. We shall see.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas