• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron

Started by Beaver Fever, April 26, 2015, 08:49:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaver Fever

Is the Waldron job open?

Okieback

I'm sure since he resigned Friday.

Okieback

My question is why are they always struggling?
Only school in county?
Too large o an attendance zone?
- so no parents will let their kids drive back for summer pride? Or camps or. 7-7?

What's the deal, for real?

Beaver Fever

Why did he resign after one year?

jking7

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Okieback on April 26, 2015, 09:39:47 am
Only school in county?
- so no parents will let their kids drive back for summer pride? Or camps or. 7-7?

Just drive through Waldron once
And lookup the conference they're in, that will give you all the answers you need

AirWarren

Quote from: Okieback on April 26, 2015, 09:39:47 am
Only school in county?

No talent.
No parental support.
No coaching.
No dedication.
A very poor town.
Etc etc etc.

Like tiger said, just drive through that area of the state. You'll find your answers.

WPWells

Hey now, they're on the road to success

Proud Buckaroo

Road to success?

2014: 0 (10 games)

2013: 0 (10 games)

2012: 0 (10 games)

2011: 2 (10 games)

2010: 1 (10 games)

2009: 1 (10 games)

2008: 1 (10 games)

2007: 2 (10 games)

2006: 2 (10 games)

2005: 4 (10 games)

2004: 5 (10 games)

2003: 8 (11 games)

2002: 6 (11 games)

2001: 4 (10 games)

4A-7

HOME: Sawyer-Wright Field
HEAD COACH: Dale Mann (Van Buren)
(1st year as head coach)
LAST YEAR: 1-9, 0-7 4A-4
STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: none
CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS: 5
LAST OUTRIGHT CONFERENCE TITLE: 2003
LAST PLAYOFF APPEARANCE: 2003
TOTAL PLAYOFF APPEARANCES: 6
PLAYOFF RECORD: 3-6

AirWarren

Buc, go to the hall of fame board and read through the train wreck thread known as "waldron's on the road to success" thread. It's a beaut.

Btw, where did everyone's favorite woman of ff go on here, diehardfan or whatever her name was? Guess she got tired of all the sad flirting people did with her on here and bounced.

WPWells

Or the people on here got tired of her hitting on them, realized she didn't actually know anything about sports, and started ignoring her. She deactivated her account

AirWarren

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 26, 2015, 03:30:39 pm
Or the people on here got tired of her hitting on them, realized she didn't actually know anything about sports, and started ignoring her. She deactivated her account

Probably so. Either or, the constant grab A** between her and several of these posters on here was comical.

AirWarren

April 26, 2015, 03:36:25 pm #12 Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:38:51 pm by AirWarren
Buc, here you go....
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=119875.0

Mods, can we merge this thread into the Waldron success thread and bring it to the 4A board until Waldron and it's program dies another year in the sports world then back it goes into the HOF board?

adaptedtigerfan

Easy fellas....  She is still on here. 

Proud Buckaroo

She deactivated her account. How would you know she is still on here? Lol.

AirWarren

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 26, 2015, 07:28:59 pm
She deactivated her account. How would you know she is still on here? Lol.

He must have been involved in the flirting. An In the know type.

adaptedtigerfan

I know her.  Nothing to do with the flirting on here.

Proud Buckaroo

Oh, yeah. Forgot you were friends with her on Facebook. Ha.

adaptedtigerfan

Forgot her family and mine have been friends for prob 60+ years.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 26, 2015, 10:05:54 pm
Forgot her family and mine have been friends for prob 60+ years.

Guessing that's how she has the connection to County Line....

adaptedtigerfan

I'm sure it's longer than 60 years, HF our Grandparents were friends, and our parents are friends.  And I have a son that is graduating in a few days...  That will tell you how long.   She is a really nice lady and you guys shouldn't be bashing her.  She is "was" always on here to have a good time like the rest of us. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 26, 2015, 10:18:02 pm
I'm sure it's longer than 60 years, HF our Grandparents were friends, and our parents are friends.  And I have a son that is graduating in a few days...  That will tell you how long.   She is a really nice lady and you guys shouldn't be bashing her.  She is "was" always on here to have a good time like the rest of us.
+1

esgibson00

I don't see the position listed as open anywhere. Where can you apply?

beach bum

Quote from: esgibson00 on April 27, 2015, 08:38:08 am

Don't do it....

Tigerdad2

Quote from: beach bum on April 27, 2015, 12:12:25 pm
Quote from: esgibson00 on April 27, 2015, 08:38:08 am

Don't do it....

Lol that's hilarious

Jacketman65

Quote from: AirWarren on April 26, 2015, 03:29:12 pm
Buc, go to the hall of fame board and read through the train wreck thread known as "waldron's on the road to success" thread. It's a beaut.

Btw, where did everyone's favorite woman of ff go on here, diehardfan or whatever her name was? Guess she got tired of all the sad flirting people did with her on here and bounced.
If I were a betting man, I would bet that ole Cuckoo knows!

Jimbo Morphis

you're just mad because she only flirted with tough guys.

AirWarren

Hahahaha. That's it. I'm my wife's tough guy. Not some women(or at least says so) behind a computer screen.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Jacketman65 on April 27, 2015, 12:29:18 pm

If I were a betting man, I would bet that ole Cuckoo knows!
And you would be right, but it's privileged information and apparently, she didn't give you the privilege of filling you in 

whippersnapper

Waldron is hiring Ricky May DC from Booneville.

AirWarren

Are we back on the road to success???

Coach Booneville

Quote from: AirWarren on April 30, 2015, 01:51:03 pm
Are we back on the road to success???
It's a good start!

whippersnapper

From my understanding May has been a guy a lot of people have wanted for this job the last couple times its been open. Just hasn't worked out that way till now

Coach Booneville

Quote from: whippersnapper on April 30, 2015, 02:09:54 pm
From my understanding May has been a guy a lot of people have wanted for this job the last couple times its been open. Just hasn't worked out that way till now
Yep that's the way I understand it too.  He is a great coach and a great man.  The kids at Booneville have loved playing for him.  He has a way of getting a lot out of all of his kids.

phdefense

Quote from: whippersnapper on April 30, 2015, 01:31:41 pm
Will Waldron become another Booneville clone like Pottsville.

whippersnapper

Quote from: phdefense on April 30, 2015, 02:40:48 pm
They will have to scheme wise if they want to have success. Waldron will NOT be able to line up in the spread in the 7-4a. Their best bet is a wing/dead t type offense and milking the clock. On defense well....prayer is always a good start.

phdefense

Quote from: whippersnapper on April 30, 2015, 02:53:34 pm
Quote from: phdefense on April 30, 2015, 02:40:48 pm
They will have to scheme wise if they want to have success. Waldron will NOT be able to line up in the spread in the 7-4a. Their best bet is a wing/dead t type offense and milking the clock. On defense well....prayer is always a good start.
If they don't think they can stop the opposition on defense then they need to try to force as many turnovers as they can.

WPWells

May is a defensive coach

nastynice

I'm so jealous! I wish there could've been a way to keep May at Booneville. He was the glue that held our team together. One of, if not the most liked coach in Booneville history. Players, parents and fans love him! He will be missed in many ways.  Looks like the line and strength coach is going to Waldron with him. Waldron is making a heck of an offer to our OC also. Don't think he will go though.

Waldron went from the laughing stock, to winning the lottery in just a couple days!

AirWarren

Quote from: nastynice on May 01, 2015, 06:58:55 am
I'm so jealous! I wish there could've been a way to keep May at Booneville. He was the glue that held our team together. One of, if not the most liked coach in Booneville history. Players, parents and fans love him! He will be missed in many ways.  Looks like the line and strength coach is going to Waldron with him. Waldron is making a heck of an offer to our OC also. Don't think he will go though.

Waldron went from the laughing stock, to winning the lottery in just a couple days!

Haha. Laughing stock to winning....ok.

Tigerdad2

It's a sad situation , the booneville coach could be a great coach and person but someone tell me what games he could win in that conference. You could make Waldron better but still will not win any games. One of the biggest problems with Waldron is, no talent and no history of winning. What family that has athletic kids is going to move there. Look at their history, the only winning seasons were in 01-03 bc they had a legit 4.4 running back. Do you see a kid like that walking around Waldron now?

Oldbadger

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on May 01, 2015, 09:03:57 am
It's a sad situation , the booneville coach could be a great coach and person but someone tell me what games he could win in that conference. You could make Waldron better but still will not win any games. One of the biggest problems with Waldron is, no talent and no history of winning. What family that has athletic kids is going to move there. Look at their history, the only winning seasons were in 01-03 bc they had a legit 4.4 running back. Do you see a kid like that walking around Waldron now?
Of course I don't know any kids walking around Waldron who is talented.  But I'm willing to bet that if they get a coach they believe in, they may just appear.  Waldron is evidently, IMO, about to get serious about football.  I don't know Coach May, but I am familiar with the Booneville program.  Weightroom, smashmouth, in your face football. Maybe not this year, but in a year or two, you will see some results. Of course, the new coach will be expecting some positive results the first year.  And they might get them. Nobody ever dreamed Lincoln would beat Nashville and embarrass Malvern either, both from the vaunted 7-4A.  And they were going great guns until they ran into---Booneville.  This is WAldrons chance, they need to get behind the new coach.  If he can't do it, no one can!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Oldbadger on May 01, 2015, 09:15:40 am
Quote from: Tigerdad2 on May 01, 2015, 09:03:57 am
Of course I don't know any kids walking around Waldron who is talented.  But I'm willing to bet that if they get a coach they believe in, they may just appear.  Waldron is evidently, IMO, about to get serious about football.  I don't know Coach May, but I am familiar with the Booneville program.  Weightroom, smashmouth, in your face football. Maybe not this year, but in a year or two, you will see some results. Of course, the new coach will be expecting some positive results the first year.  And they might get them. Nobody ever dreamed Lincoln would beat Nashville and embarrass Malvern either, both from the vaunted 7-4A.  And they were going great guns until they ran into---Booneville.  This is WAldrons chance, they need to get behind the new coach.  If he can't do it, no one can!

The big thing about May is how he relates to kids.  He has been at waldron before as a football coach and leader in the community.  They know how good he is with those aspects.  Thats why they have went after him so many times even though he's not a proven headcoach.  With that being said, it may take the rest of his career to right the ship or just realize that it wont work.  Who knows, but they got a great christian man that can get more out of kids than waldron has seen in years.

beach bum

They better hope they get placed in the 4-4A because its not the best idea to sign up to play Arkadelphia, Malvern, Nashville, Fountain Lake, and Ashdown with Waldron. Challenges are great but that might be biting off too much. In the 4-4A maybe but by the released AAA numbers the 7-4A more than likely stays the same. I am not dragging people through the mud, just trying to be a realist about Waldron in the 7-4A......

Coach Booneville

Quote from: beach bum on May 01, 2015, 09:32:05 am
They better hope they get placed in the 4-4A because its not the best idea to sign up to play Arkadelphia, Malvern, Nashville, Fountain Lake, and Ashdown with Waldron. Challenges are great but that might be biting off too much. In the 4-4A maybe but by the released AAA numbers the 7-4A more than likely stays the same. I am not dragging people through the mud, just trying to be a realist about Waldron in the 7-4A......
It is a big wish, but like I said earlier, if anyone can make an impact on the program at Waldron, its May.  Wishing him the best.

nastynice

Quote from: AirWarren on May 01, 2015, 08:52:17 am

Didn't say they were gonna start winning. That statement was about the quality of the old coach vs the new coach. Read between the lines AW.

cuckoobird

Quote from: nastynice on May 01, 2015, 10:12:24 am

Didn't say they were gonna start winning. That statement was about the quality of the old coach vs the new coach. Read between the lines AW.
This board has proper etiquette standards. Any more posts like this and you will be put in timeout for a while. This is your final warning

AirWarren

There is no between the lines here. It will still be Waldron.

beach bum

Weren't both of them the DC at Booneville at one time?

minerjack

Quote from: beach bum on May 01, 2015, 02:01:48 pm

Weren't both of them the DC at Booneville at one time?
Yes.  The former was for 16 years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas