• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 AAAA

Started by power play, December 09, 2014, 04:06:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

power play

We all have a pretty good idea how our tenure teams like Nashville,  Warren and Dollarway will do next year.  My question is how do you think teams from the 4-4a will fair next year?  Dardy in particular.  And will Booneville be back in the 4a or remain in the 3a.  Lets hear it people.

scrapiron51

power play

No offense scrap.  We all know what you want to happen but I am interested in actual possibilities.   What are your reasons?

scrapiron51

To be honest, I figure PR will be decent with that TJ Hammonds kid, I think Clinton will not be very good as they lose a lot of key seniors, I think Pottsville should improve, and I look for Dardy to win the conference again, but Dardy shouldn't be as good next year without Thompson and Witt, those guys are really good.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: power play on December 09, 2014, 04:06:27 pm
We all have a pretty good idea how our tenure teams like Nashville,  Warren and Dollarway will do next year.  My question is how do you think teams from the 4-4a will fair next year?  Dardy in particular.  And will Booneville be back in the 4a or remain in the 3a.  Lets hear it people.
Booneville will still be in 3A.

whippersnapper

Well Booneville will be in 3a next season. Dardanelle and Clinton loses the most to graduationwill be middle of the pack. Should come down to Dover, Robinson and  Pottsville.

Lacerta agilis

December 09, 2014, 04:19:51 pm #6 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:25:07 pm by Lacerta agilis
Dardanelle loses 10 Seniors total. 4 starters on defense, 5/6 (depending on formation) starters on offense. Some big shoes to fill, and some big shoes returning.

The Coach

December 09, 2014, 04:20:54 pm #7 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:26:52 pm by The Coach
Quote from: whippersnapper on December 09, 2014, 04:15:00 pm
Well Booneville will be in 3a next season. Dardanelle and Clinton loses the most to graduationwill be middle of the pack. Should come down to Dover, Robinson and  Pottsville.

Dardanelle returns 7 on defense (every single defensive linemen) and 5 on offense (3 of 5 starters and the top 2 subs on the OL)

Theyll be as good as anyone in the 4-4A and will have the best player in Chris Kershner in the conference.

power play

Who replaces thompson at QB

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: power play on December 09, 2014, 04:25:10 pm
No one can replace Thompson. 240# tanks at QB don't happen very often.

hawgfan15

Quote from: power play on December 09, 2014, 04:25:10 pm

That will be the big question. Dardanelle does return a few very good players

whippersnapper

Wasn't Kershner back up QB? And I just feel that the loss of Thompson, Tucker and Witt will be bigger than you think. That's 3 all state caliber players.   

FootBallar21

Without Booneville,  Unless another team, has a Thompson like QB sitting around,  most likely this conference takes a Huge step back.   and will contend for the weakest in 4A.

My guess would be Pottsville wins it next season,  and will be a top 10 to 15 type team out of all 4A teams!

scrapiron51

I love who posters who don't make the playoffs feel relevant enough to comment on threads..

The Coach

Quote from: whippersnapper on December 09, 2014, 04:36:02 pm
Wasn't Kershner back up QB? And I just feel that the loss of Thompson, Tucker and Witt will be bigger than you think. That's 3 all state caliber players.

On offense Thompson and Tucker will be loses no doubt. But they didn't play defense and that side of the ball was really good and will be again. Witt will be a loss both ways.

power play

Gotta give kershner credit on his speed.  And for his size he packs a punch

FootBallar21

Quote from: scrapiron51 on December 09, 2014, 04:40:23 pm
I love who posters who don't make the playoffs feel relevant enough to comment on threads..

hows basketball season going ?

cuckoobird

Hes just praying that someday it will take two hands to count the titles taint has.

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 09, 2014, 04:47:30 pm
Quote from: scrapiron51 on December 09, 2014, 04:40:23 pm

hows basketball season going ?

35-7

cuckoobird

Thats a lot of games in 10 days

Lacerta agilis

What does Clinton have coming back?

iliveformarch

Dardanelle will be lucky  get to 2-8 next year. The Danville Little Johns are going to show them who is boss in Yell County... Even Subiaco should beat Dardanelle next year.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: iliveformarch on December 09, 2014, 06:06:10 pm
Dardanelle will be lucky  get to 2-8 next year. The Danville Little Johns are going to show them who is boss in Yell County... Even Subiaco should beat Dardanelle next year.

I would wager you on any of those 3 statements, but word on FF is iliveformarch doesn't man up when he loses.

taclark1996

Clinton is returning 5/5

taclark1996

Clinton still has the potential to be a good team, but they are losing a lot of size on the o-line and experienced secondary

phdefense

I remember after the 2011 season and Keith Humbert graduated everyone was saying that Stuttgart would take a step back because "Humbert was the only offense Stuttgart had". That ended up being just a little off.

Lacerta agilis

December 09, 2014, 06:55:34 pm #26 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:13:53 pm by Lacerta agilis
Quote from: taclark1996 on December 09, 2014, 06:48:27 pm
Clinton still has the potential to be a good team, but they are losing a lot of size on the o-line and experienced secondary
Were your QB and big RB Srs?

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: phdefense on December 09, 2014, 06:54:45 pm
I remember after the 2011 season and Keith Humbert graduated everyone was saying that Stuttgart would take a step back because "Humbert was the only offense Stuttgart had". That ended up being just a little off.

We will have a couple of big backs (one is also 240#) to replace Thompson in the power run game. Neither has his top end speed. QB will be the million dollar question, which I doubt will play out until late summer or maybe into the season. My guess is we have 4 different options, each bringing something different to the table.

taclark1996

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on December 09, 2014, 06:55:34 pm
Quote from: taclark1996 on December 09, 2014, 06:48:27 pm
Were your QB and big RB Srs?
Ya, lossing them will hurt as well. Back up running back when he came in for our big running back he did great, he had speed at acceleration on him but not the overall size and strength. The guy that will replace our QB will be a better passer then this years QB, but he's not a running QB like this years QB was, there will probobly be more spread used next year then wing t

Lacerta agilis

December 09, 2014, 07:56:18 pm #29 Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:41:47 am by Lacerta agilis
Sounds like we have similar challenges, except O-line. Dardanelle's O-line will be the strength of our offense next year.

Burks

I am going out on a limb here but my pick to win conference will be Pulaski Robinson, led by QB Brennan Johnson and the leagues most explosive player TJ Hammond. The Senators also return 4 starters on the O-Line. Look for a deep playoff run in 2015.

scrapiron51

Dear Mena,

Congratulations on the luck of being on the top bracket, as much as you would like to think you are better then Nashville, I am pleased to inform you that in your best season in 20 years, you still got mercy ruled by Nashville. You will also have the chance to get mercy ruled again this Saturday at 12 p.m.

Sincerely,
The real Coach Harper

Bigbossman

December 09, 2014, 11:03:59 pm #32 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:14:17 pm by Bigbossman
Quote from: power play on December 09, 2014, 04:06:27 pm
Really you cant assume much about dollarway. One year their truly good, next year their good, but its because they suited up a bunch of guys that are in their mid to upper 20's .

D-TOWN LIZARD

Quote from: Burks on December 09, 2014, 10:08:15 pm
I am going out on a limb here but my pick to win conference will be Pulaski Robinson, led by QB Brennan Johnson and the leagues most explosive player TJ Hammond. The Senators also return 4 starters on the O-Line. Look for a deep playoff run in 2015.
doubt that

4aforlife

I think Robinson will win the 4-4a with some big play makers..... Do any teams from this conference play 3-4a school

D-TOWN LIZARD

December 11, 2014, 10:19:32 am #35 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:23:15 am by D-TOWN LIZARD
Quote from: 4aforlife on December 10, 2014, 07:51:38 pm
I think Robinson will win the 4-4a with some big play makers..... Do any teams from this conference play 3-4a school
How many do you consider some????  ONE?  Their "playmaker" runs out of bounds to avoid getting hit.  A lot of their "playmakers" are graduating.  So if they can win with Johnson throwing to Hammonds and him outrunning everybody, maybe.  They better find some type of running game, since Aldridge graduates this year.  Hammonds most explosive player in 4-4A next year??????  oh but don't forget about Chris Kershner.

4aforlife

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on December 11, 2014, 10:19:32 am
How many do you consider some????  ONE?  Their "playmaker" runs out of bounds to avoid getting hit.  A lot of their "playmakers" are graduating.  So if they can win with Johnson throwing to Hammonds and him outrunning everybody, maybe.  They better find some type of running game, since Aldridge graduates this year.  Hammonds most explosive player in 4-4A next year??????  oh but don't forget about Chris Kershner.
I just think they pull it off your not giving them credit they will have play makers I bet but I don't beileve hammonds is the most explosive but neither is Kershner but they both are very fast

The Coach

Quote from: 4aforlife on December 11, 2014, 06:44:19 pm
I just think they pull it off your not giving them credit they will have play makers I bet but I don't beileve hammonds is the most explosive but neither is Kershner but they both are very fast

Who is the most explosive then if not one of them?

4aforlife

Quote from: The Coach on December 11, 2014, 07:28:02 pm
Quote from: 4aforlife on December 11, 2014, 06:44:19 pm

Who is the most explosive then if not one of them?
I'm not really sure who only this season will tell.In all honesty I don't keep up with 4-4a all that much but so I have no room to say who is more explosive

The Coach

December 11, 2014, 09:22:34 pm #39 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:27:04 pm by The Coach
Chris Kershner is the best returning player in the 4-4A and he is the most explosive. Hammonds is probably 2nd as far as explosive players go. PR has to get a lot better on defense if they're gonna win this conference.

Dardanelle was one of the best in 4A this year up front on defense and they all return.

hawgfan15

All four defensive linemen? What about at linebacker?

The Coach

December 11, 2014, 10:32:55 pm #41 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:36:03 pm by The Coach
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 11, 2014, 10:27:42 pm

They return their top 5 DL and #9 will be back at ILB

hawgfan15

Quote from: The Coach on December 11, 2014, 10:32:55 pm

The top 5 DL and #9 will all be back.

#63 and #9 are very good football players. #78 was a senior? How about the secondary, who comes back with Kershner?

I will be keeping an eye on this team in the spring and summer. If they can get a few guys to step up on offense Dardanelle will be pretty salty again.

The Coach

December 11, 2014, 10:45:00 pm #43 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:58:25 am by The Coach
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 11, 2014, 10:38:41 pm
Quote from: The Coach on December 11, 2014, 10:32:55 pm

The top 5 DL and #9 will all be back.

#63 and #9 are very good football players. #78 was a senior? How about the secondary, who comes back with Kershner?

I will be keeping an eye on this team in the spring and summer. If they can get a few guys to step up on offense Dardanelle will be pretty salty again.

Yes #78 was a SR.

#16 is the other returnee in the secondary. Him and Kershner will be SR's.
They've got some guys who should be ready and able to step in.

Bigbossman

x14113

Before the presses get too busy, here's what I'm expecting from the 4A-4 this fall.

Title Contenders: Dardanelle, Dover, Pottsville, Robinson--No one in this conference has the experience to be the runaway favorite, but these four return enough to have a say in thetitle race. Personally, I expect it to be between the veteran defense of the Lizards and the potentially-explosive offense of the Senators.

On the Fence: Clinton, Ozark--These two are the hardest to read, losing the better-regarded guys but still plenty running around. The Hilllbillies, in particular, have plenty of potential in the underclasses, but work has been needed in proper technique in order to show anything for it.

Fighting for Week 11: Arkansas Baptist--The Eagles lost a ton of seniors, but the McDonagal (?) twins are still walking the halls. These two alone will keep Baptist in a lot of games.

Looking to surprise: Subiaco--How long have the Trojans included grades 7 and 8? You'd think they'd be able to take advantage, but then again...

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: x14113 on June 16, 2015, 12:41:46 am
Before the presses get too busy, here's what I'm expecting from the 4A-4 this fall.

Title Contenders: Dardanelle, Dover, Pottsville, Robinson--No one in this conference has the experience to be the runaway favorite, but these four return enough to have a say in thetitle race. Personally, I expect it to be between the veteran defense of the Lizards and the potentially-explosive offense of the Senators.

On the Fence: Clinton, Ozark--These two are the hardest to read, losing the better-regarded guys but still plenty running around. The Hilllbillies, in particular, have plenty of potential in the underclasses, but work has been needed in proper technique in order to show anything for it.

Fighting for Week 11: Arkansas Baptist--The Eagles lost a ton of seniors, but the McDonagal (?) twins are still walking the halls. These two alone will keep Baptist in a lot of games.

Looking to surprise: Subiaco--How long have the Trojans included grades 7 and 8? You'd think they'd be able to take advantage, but then again...

Pretty good break down. If the Lizards can develop some threats on offense to go along with Kershner, I think we'll be the team to beat again this year. It also helps that we have PR, Dover, and Pottsville at home this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas