• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#4 WV and Maryland

Started by onegearruss, September 13, 2007, 07:03:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onegearruss

Great game so far
7-7 in the First

rsvl_hogfan4

I thought I might have been the only one watching this. I guess right as you posted this thread I made one talking about the game too. Hopefully the Terps can pull this off. I expect it to be high scoring. I can win $20 on this game if Maryland keeps it within 23 points and the point total is over I believe 55 points. I don't see WVU winning by that much and I don't see either defense making too many stops.

onegearruss

Maryland drove right down the field

B&GT

Maryland actually stopped WVU.  I didn't know if they could.  But the "#4" team in the country looks like a DII defense so Maryland might take a lead.  It's really hard to start that deep though.

onegearruss

i think they will take the lead this drive

B&GT

I don't think that was a wise third down call at all.  The O-line is dominating and the QB tried to sneak around the edge.  WVU does have fast corners.

onegearruss

flags are killing both teams this drive

onegearruss

B&GT

Wow, Maryland is actually playing some defense.  Cutting it close but playing defense.  That's all you have to do to be in the game with WVU.

AB™

I had no idea Keon Lattimore and Ray Lewis were brothers.  I'm guessing it's half-brothers or something.

It seems like every play there is a flag thrown.  This game is much more low scoring than I expected.  May go into halftime at 14-7.

onegearruss

there have been alot of flags
and it looks like it will be 14 - 7 at half

rsvl_hogfan4

That step back by Noel was nasty.

rsvl_hogfan4

I think it is safe to say this game won't get above 55 points....looks like I have lost.

Father Guido

September 13, 2007, 09:22:30 pm #13 Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 09:25:45 pm by Father Guido
Noel Divine 2 carries for 105 yards.  I had forgotten where he decided to go.  Looks like WV has a pretty good version of a RB Tandem. 

...oops the average just dropped.  3 carries for 125, but he got a 15 yrd face mask tacked on to it, so it's all good.  42 yrds per carry.

The Snowman

i'm glad devine was able to turn his life around to get up there.  He could be very scary once they get him in the weight room for a whole off season

AB™

I haven't decided yet if WVU can compete with the likes of USC, LSU, and OU, but if any of the teams in the Big Least could I'd say it would be the Mountaineers.  I'm still not sold on them though. 

onegearruss

they can run the ball very well, but they got stopped by maryland quite a few times

two weeks in a row they have sucked the first half

The Snowman

Quote from: AB on September 13, 2007, 09:51:24 pm
I haven't decided yet if WVU can compete with the likes of USC, LSU, and OU, but if any of the teams in the Big Least could I'd say it would be the Mountaineers.  I'm still not sold on them though. 

Their defense would get them mauled against those teams. 

superd2312

Trouble with Marshall and now couldnt pull away from Maryland till the 4th quarter. OVERATED

mattp_68

onegearruss

overrated is the theme of NCAA this year

HA_Fan

Quote from: superd2312 on September 13, 2007, 10:03:02 pm
Trouble with Marshall and now couldnt pull away from Maryland till the 4th quarter. OVERATED

WVU was up 21 on Maryland after 3.  Arkansas was up 17 on Troy after 3.

B&GT

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on September 13, 2007, 10:28:37 pm

Arkansas was ranked I think 21st and it was their first game of the season.  West Virginia is ranked 4th and it is their third game of the season. 

SandLizard04

September 13, 2007, 10:35:32 pm #23 Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:37:19 pm by Ramblin' Man

LOL ;D

HA_Fan

Quote from: B&GT on September 13, 2007, 10:33:08 pm

Arkansas was ranked I think 21st and it was their first game of the season.  West Virginia is ranked 4th and it is their third game of the season. 

Yes, but Arkansas should have already been given a berth in the championship game, and the engraver has already checked on the spelling of McFadden.

rsvl_hogfan4

September 13, 2007, 10:48:20 pm #25 Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:51:04 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: HA_Fan? on September 13, 2007, 10:28:37 pm

I must have missed something. I had no idea he mentioned Arkansas in that quote. What is your deal with dissing Arkansas so much? WVU is better than the Razorbacks, but they have not played like a top 5 team this year.

Sure, WVU was ahead of Maryland that much after 3....Well how much was Wisconsin up on UNLV after 3? How much was VT up on ECU after 3? How much was OSU up on Akron after 3? How much was Texas up after 3? How much was Cal up after 3 on Colorado State? Heck, after killing UT, Cal only beat Colorado State by 6. How about the UL/MTSU game. We look pretty good according to your comparisons.

Can someone think a team is overrated without the Hogs being brought up? Sometimes it feels like if you are a fan of the Hogs and they don't play perfect, than you aren't allowed an opinion on these boards unless you absolutely hate Houston.

B&GT

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on September 13, 2007, 10:45:47 pm

Yes, but Arkansas should have already been given a berth in the championship game, and the engraver has already checked on the spelling of McFadden.

I'm not sure what you're implying that I've said.  I also am not sure how much better Maryland is than Troy.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: B&GT on September 13, 2007, 10:51:43 pm
Quote from: HA_Fan? on September 13, 2007, 10:45:47 pm
Quote from: HA_Fan? on September 13, 2007, 10:28:37 pm

I'm not sure what you're implying that I've said.  I also am not sure how much better Maryland is than Troy.
You mise well stop now. HA will do nothing but continue to try and diss the Hogs in every post he responds to you with.

HA_Fan

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 13, 2007, 10:48:20 pm
Sure, WVU was ahead of Maryland that much after 3....Well how much was Wisconsin up on UNLV after 3? How much was VT up on ECU after 3? How much was OSU up on Akron after 3? How much was Texas up after 3? How much was Cal up after 3 on Colorado State? Heck, after killing UT, Cal only beat Colorado State by 6. How about the UL/MTSU game. We look pretty good according to your comparisons.

Based on some of what I think are his other posts, I don't think he thinks the Hogs are overrated.  (I could be wrong.)  I was just making the point that it's a double standard to think that Arkansas manhandled Troy, but that WVU "couldn't put away Maryland" until the 4th. 

Since he picked Arkansas to win by 17 on Saturday, I'm guessing he doesn't think "not putting away Troy" meant much of anything.

onegearruss

what about Michigan how much were they up after 3 ?

oh yeah thats right, they lost, TWICE

mattp_68

why dont we just talk about the WVU vs Maryland game..since that is what the thread is about..not how everyone thinks arkansas fans are idiots rather than the darksiders...geez..lets talk some Slaton..or Devine..

HA_Fan

Quote from: Marcus Harrison on September 13, 2007, 11:03:53 pm
why dont we just talk about the WVU vs Maryland game..since that is what the thread is about..not how everyone thinks arkansas fans are idiots rather than the darksiders...geez..lets talk some Slaton..or Devine..

It's just a little side discussion about what constitutes being overrated.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: HA_Fan? on September 13, 2007, 10:57:11 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 13, 2007, 10:48:20 pm

Based on some of what I think are his other posts, I don't think he thinks the Hogs are overrated.  (I could be wrong.)  I was just making the point that it's a double standard to think that Arkansas manhandled Troy, but that WVU "couldn't put away Maryland" until the 4th. 

Since he picked Arkansas to win by 17 on Saturday, I'm guessing he doesn't think "not putting away Troy" meant much of anything.
Once again, I may be missing something, but how did we not put away troy? Were you at the game? I think we made their QB go 5/19 in the 3rd quarter and we were up 26 and pulled our starters ended up winning by 20. How is that not putting a team away? We were nowhere near impressive, don't get me wrong. However, we did put them away.

mattp_68

neither WVU or Arkansas is overrated..MICHIGAN...is overrated...end of side discussion..i think we all will agree on this one  ;D

HA_Fan

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 13, 2007, 11:07:17 pm
Once again, I may be missing something, but how did we not put away troy?

I'm not saying the Hogs didn't put away Troy.

He set the bar with this:

couldnt pull away from Maryland till the 4th quarter. OVERATED

I should have used "pull" away.  My mistake. 

My point was that if WVU was up 21 after 3 quarters tonight and had not yet pulled away, then by definition Arkansas was even further from pulling away from Troy with a 17 point (smaller than tonight) lead over Troy after 3 quarters.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: HA_Fan? on September 13, 2007, 11:15:49 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 13, 2007, 11:07:17 pm
Once again, I may be missing something, but how did we not put away troy?

I'm not saying the Hogs didn't put away Troy.

He set the bar with this:

couldnt pull away from Maryland till the 4th quarter. OVERATED

I should have used "pull" away.  My mistake. 

My point was that if WVU was up 21 after 3 quarters tonight and had not yet pulled away, then by definition Arkansas was even further from pulling away from Troy with a 17 point (smaller than tonight) lead over Troy after 3 quarters.
Ok, I did not see the part where he said they couldn't pull away until the 4th. We pulled away before the 3rd ended. We were up 20,  but Troy kicked a FG right before the quarter ended. We then got ball and made a long drive to get a field goal. I see what you are saying though.

I just don't see what Arkansas had to do with this. I thought WVU was a little overrated before this game. I expected this game to be a close one. I actually thought Maryland would stay with them until about the 10 minute mark or so. WVU just hasn't had a real solid performance against a decent team though. Miami destroyed Marshall and then WVU lets Marshall hang all of those points on them. I think WVU has a great offense, but their defense is suspect which would get them hurt when playing a good team in a bowl, or playing against Rutgers or UL. I expect both of those games to be very high scoring. Rutgers may have the best defense out of all three of those teams.

HA_Fan

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 13, 2007, 11:24:20 pm
I just don't see what Arkansas had to do with this.

It had more to do with the poster than with WVU.  He has a "Hogs can do no wrong" thing going on, and I just wanted to point out the double standard.

In reality, the Hogs and WVU both won their games fairly decisively.

wampuscatblue

Slaton, Devine and White are the best backfield in College football.  When WV has a big game I would not be surprised to see Devine and Slaton on the field at the same time. Rich Rod has always been creative so he has to love that.

mattp_68

Quote from: wampuscatblue on September 14, 2007, 08:31:03 am
Slaton, Devine and White are the best backfield in College football.  When WV has a big game I would not be surprised to see Devine and Slaton on the field at the same time. Rich Rod has always been creative so he has to love that.

To be truthful..i think Devine should see alot more time than he has been seeing..last night..he made Slaton look as if he was the Freshman..

D-News

Could have been a great game if it weren't for some many Terps mistakes.

bulldogs1159

rsvl_hogfan4

September 14, 2007, 01:06:32 pm #41 Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 01:09:04 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: bulldogs1159?© on September 14, 2007, 01:05:29 pm
Where is Devine from?
Florida. If you haven't seen film on him in high school I recommend you do it. He has some AMAZING plays. I first found out about him when he was a sophomore. I found him on sunshinepreps.net

bulldogs1159

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 14, 2007, 01:06:32 pm
Where is Devine from?
Florida. If you haven't seen film on him in high school I recommend you do it. He has some AMAZING plays. I first found out about him when he was a sophomore. I found him on sunshinepreps.net
I'm gonna have to look those videos up.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: bulldogs1159?© on September 14, 2007, 01:10:39 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on September 14, 2007, 01:06:32 pm
Where is Devine from?
I'm gonna have to look those videos up.
I am sure you can find them on youtube. He has some of the best plays I have ever seen made by a high school player.

SandLizard04

Devine has been nationally famous since he was a freshman in high school. We're starting to see that he has the chance to live up to the hype.

urban legend

Quote from: wampuscatblue on September 14, 2007, 08:31:03 am

I thought I was the only one that felt that way.

SMC

Quote from: Ramblin' Man on September 14, 2007, 01:53:42 pm
Devine has been nationally famous since he was a freshman in high school. We're starting to see that he has the chance to live up to the hype.

He has also been a father for about as long.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: SMC on September 14, 2007, 06:42:38 pm
Quote from: Ramblin' Man on September 14, 2007, 01:53:42 pm

He has also been a father for about as long.
He also ran away from Deion's house.

SMC

Not to mention having academics so poor that most top schools never even offered him as they were sure he wouldn't qualify. Surprisingly, another mental midget shows up in the Big East.

SandLizard04

September 14, 2007, 07:42:15 pm #49 Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 07:51:51 pm by Ramblin' Man
Quote from: SMC on September 14, 2007, 06:48:13 pm
Not to mention having academics so poor that most top schools never even offered him as they were sure he wouldn't qualify. Surprisingly, another mental midget shows up in the Big East.
If all else fails, you can always end up in Morgantown, they're always looking for character guys.

Watch this, please. Best use of a John Denver song in a rap song EVER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk05OLmVOIs&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eeverydayshouldbesaturday%2Ecom%2F%3Fcat%3D148

We deserve more respect, people callin us hillbillies and rednecks
But I've come to accept it; I take it in pride
This hillbilly's stayin in the hills til the day that he dies
West Virginiaaaaaa
Home of the rhododendrons and the Appalachians, did I forget to mention
West Virginiaaaaaa
If you really wanna know, come on let's go take a stroll down those
Country roooooooaddss, take me home, to the place....

(If you loved my Malcolm Kelly link you will LOVE this one).

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas