• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 Pick Next Year?

Started by athletic supporter, September 13, 2006, 03:12:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will get the number 1 pick in the NFL Draft next year?

Raiders
19 (51.4%)
Packers
12 (32.4%)
Niners
6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

athletic supporter

The Packers are my favorite team, but I think we are in for a VERY LONG season. If we get the 1st pick in the dtraft, do we take Brady Quinn? If so, he will get to play on the same team as his brother-in-law, AJ Hawk.

msubulldogs21

Right now, I'd say the Raiders look worse than anyone. Monday night was one of the crappiest performances I've seen in a long time. It looks like they're in for another long season as well. But, I think the Packers and 49ers aren't far behind them at all. And yes, if I got the #1 pick, I would definitely take Quinn.

Why exactly did you put the Bucs on the poll though? I know we had a horrible game Sunday, but I don't think there's any way we are one of the 4 bottom teams in the league. That was just a very poor performance.

AB™

Quote from: youthguy on September 13, 2006, 03:12:54 pm
The Packers are my favorite team, but I think we are in for a VERY LONG season. If we get the 1st pick in the dtraft, do we take Brady Quinn? If so, he will get to play on the same team as his brother-in-law, AJ Hawk.

No, I don't think you take Quinn.  Now if it's the end of the season and the Packers look to be a lock for the #1 pick and Brady Quinn is the obvious #1 then you take him.  But, let's say Adrian Peterson wins the Heisman and comes out a year early, then I say the Packers should take him regardless  Then your telling yourself you wasted a pick on Aaron Rodgers in the 2005 draft.  The Packers need help everywhere.

Right now though, if I was guessing I would say the Raiders.  That team is a mess.  And if they do get the #1 pick then Quinn is a perfect choice for them.

OUTLAWnuttmustgo

Raiders,  all 3 suck the same but the Raiders play in the  toughest  of the divisions

my projected win totals for these 3 teams

Packers- 4
'Niners 3
Raiders-2

TigerFanFC6

If Favre continues to struggle, I think that you have to give Aaron Rodgers some playing time.  I think he is a better QB than Alex Smith who was taken #1 and he needs his reps.  He is the future of the Packers and unless they want to struggle next year too, he needs some playing time.

hogwild31

Quote from: Almabball on September 13, 2006, 03:31:15 pm

No, I don't think you take Quinn.  Now if it's the end of the season and the Packers look to be a lock for the #1 pick and Brady Quinn is the obvious #1 then you take him.  But, let's say Adrian Peterson wins the Heisman and comes out a year early, then I say the Packers should take him regardless  Then your telling yourself you wasted a pick on Aaron Rodgers in the 2005 draft.  The Packers need help everywhere.

Right now though, if I was guessing I would say the Raiders.  That team is a mess.  And if they do get the #1 pick then Quinn is a perfect choice for them.
Yeah I agree, they picked Aaron Rodgers '05 NFL draft, and unless Brady is an absolute number 1, you go looking for someone like Adrain Peterson if he comes out a year early, maybe even Kenny Irons.

thebigshot

What got me is Green Bay had the chance to get Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler. They need a young QB and get Favre out. His in his 16th year playing football, his too old and I think his going have long year this season.

gojackets14

Quote from: TheBigShot on September 13, 2006, 06:33:09 pm

What got me is Green Bay had the chance to get Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler. They need a young QB and get Favre out. His in his 16th year playing football, his too old and I think his going have long year this season.
Look at the post above you. Why would they pick a qb two years in a row?

AB™

Quote from: TheBigShot on September 13, 2006, 06:33:09 pm

Read the other posts.  The Packers taking Brady Quinn or another QB in next year's draft would say they are already giving up on Aaron Rodgers before they ever gave him a shot.

packerfan

I'm a packers fan also and I would like to see them take a DT or a secondary player because that is where they need the most help.   The raiders looked like the worst team to me though, the QB didn't even have time to take a 5 step drop, set his feet and throw before someone was in his face.  Atleast Favre had time to throw and Green had lanes to run in.

McKnz

It all depends on need my friends.

AB™

Quote from: Gtown10 on September 13, 2006, 09:12:44 pm

Your right.  And they have much more glaring needs than at quarterback.

McKnz

Quote from: Almabball on September 13, 2006, 09:37:20 pm

Are you talking about the Packers?

AB™

Quote from: Gtown10 on September 13, 2006, 10:07:41 pm
Quote from: Almabball on September 13, 2006, 09:37:20 pm

Are you talking about the Packers?

Yes.  Now I'm guessing you weren't?

McKnz

No, that's who I was talking about too. I agree. They already have Rodgers. Why would they waste their pick and their money and draft another QB? I could see them taking Peterson, if he's available, but don't they also need linemen?

AB™

Quote from: Gtown10 on September 13, 2006, 10:10:03 pm
No, that's who I was talking about too. I agree. They already have Rodgers. Why would they waste their pick and their money and draft another QB? I could see them taking Peterson, if he's available, but don't they also need linemen?

They need everything.  A good RB like AD Peterson with a young Aaron Rodgers in the backfield would be good to re-build a franchise around.  They also need a ton of help on defense.  On the line and in the secondary especially.

billsweeter

Quote from: Almabball on September 13, 2006, 10:23:57 pm

They need everything.  A good RB like AD Peterson with a young Aaron Rodgers in the backfield would be good to re-build a franchise around.  They also need a ton of help on defense.  On the line and in the secondary especially.
so you think peterson is the first pick? cause i bet the packers could use a reciver to. maybe a DeWayne Jarret. or someone like that.

AB™

Quote from: billsweeter on September 13, 2006, 10:38:20 pm

so you think peterson is the first pick? cause i bet the packers could use a reciver to. maybe a DeWayne Jarret. or someone like that.

I don't' know if Peterson will come out or not.  If he does and the Packers get the first pick then I think he very well could be.  If the Raiders get the #1 pick then I think Quinn will be taken.

billsweeter

Quote from: Almabball on September 13, 2006, 10:41:06 pm
Quote from: billsweeter on September 13, 2006, 10:38:20 pm

I don't' know if Peterson will come out or not.  If he does and the Packers get the first pick then I think he very well could be.  If the Raiders get the #1 pick then I think Quinn will be taken.
does green still play for the packers and does davenport i think it is?

PATRIOTPLAYER54

is everyone forgetting about Troy Smith of ohio state.Listen Quinn will not go to the raiders just becouse he does not fit in there and if art shell is there he will defenitly not go there.

wm lawdawg

Raiders wont take Quinn, or any QB for that matter.  They are grooming the Walter kid out of Arizona State to take over---remember, they past on Leinart in this years draft.  If they didn't think Andrew Walter could be the QB, they would have taken Leinart this year.

wm lawdawg

unless someone trades up I dont believe a qb will be taken early beacause I dont see a QB going to any of those three teams mentioned above. 

AB™

Quote from: wm lawdawg on September 14, 2006, 01:09:35 pm
Raiders wont take Quinn, or any QB for that matter.  They are grooming the Walter kid out of Arizona State to take over---remember, they past on Leinart in this years draft.  If they didn't think Andrew Walter could be the QB, they would have taken Leinart this year.

I completely forgot about him.  The Raiders are in the same mess as the Packers are.  They need help everywhere.

Quote from: PATRIOTPLAYER54 on September 14, 2006, 10:35:59 am
is everyone forgetting about Troy Smith of ohio state.

You do realize that Troy Smith is practically this year's Vince Young.  Maybe not as stupid or over hyped.  But he's still an athlete playing quarterback.  He will not be a successful QB in the NFL either.

ASU Rugby

The Packers obviously have little faith in Aaron Rogers

AB™

Quote from: ASU Rugby on September 14, 2006, 07:00:20 pm
The Packers obviously have little faith in Aaron Rogers

No, the entire town of Green Bay and Packer organization have a crush on Brett Favre.

packerfan

It's official, after the packers loss today to New orleans they are one of two worst teams in the NFL.  I still think the raiders are worse.

Uncle Ivan

Troy Smith's arm, however, is far and away better than Radio's.

I'm thinking a big lineman may go #1.

AB™

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 17, 2006, 05:29:04 pm
Troy Smith's arm, however, is far and away better than Radio's.

I'm thinking a big lineman may go #1.

That's a very good possibility.  And yes Troy Smith is a much better passer than VY.  Then again he probably had two or three of his offensive lineman at Texas that had a better arm then him.

kylerocks5000

Dude you are already trashing the season
what a LAMO

gojackets14

Quote from: VtownCameraMan on September 18, 2006, 11:05:39 am
Dude you are already trashing the season
what a LAMO

You deserve to be slapped.

SMC

The Bills actually beating Miami the other day made me think we might win enough to escape the top 5 picks this year. If we aren't going to make the playoffs, I hope to land in a spot where we can get Dwayne Jarrett or Paul Pozlusny. We could have gotten Hawk this year, we were in line to pick 4th until we stupidly upset the Bengals late in the season and ended up falling all the way to the 8th pick.

Short and Stout

If Troy Smith would have gone to Texas y'all would be saying the same thing about him as Vince and if Vince was anywhere we would only here praise. He went to Texas, get over it. He's played in both games and has done much better than any of you will admit.

AB™

Quote from: The New Streak Begins on September 19, 2006, 06:38:15 pm
If Troy Smith would have gone to Texas y'all would be saying the same thing about him as Vince and if Vince was anywhere we would only here praise. He went to Texas, get over it. He's played in both games and has done much better than any of you will admit.

I know I wouldn't.  Mel Kiper actually said that Troy Smith is become a much better pocket passing QB and is already a better passing QB than VY was.

chrismurphy19

Quote from: The New Streak Begins on September 19, 2006, 06:38:15 pm

I will admit that Vince Young is a great ATHLETE.

He's an average quarterback at best.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas