• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TECH Girls win SOUTH - Going to Elite Eight!

Started by Valleysports, February 20, 2010, 09:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Valleysports

February 20, 2010, 09:19:47 pm Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:04:14 pm by Valleysports
OK this is deserving of it's own thread!

TECH Breaks 57 year old school record with 25-0 start.
Wins GSW Conference first time ever tonight.
Holds #1 DII Ranking 6 consecutive weeks.
And whatever else  :D

Publish Date: Tuesday, Feb 20
Best Start to a Season Ever

SandLizard04

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The Reality is back...

Ken Griffey Jr.

Please please please don't choke these last 2 games away, Tech.  If you guys win out and we win out, then we get a 3-seed in the tournament, thus avoiding having to play #4 Valdosta St. in the first round.  We have played much better since getting blown out in Russelville.  We beat SAU on Monday, went to Memphis and beat CBU on Thursday and won tonight at home vs UAM.

Valleysports

QuoteIf you guys win out and we win out, then we get a 3-seed in the tournament, thus avoiding having to play #4 Valdosta St. in the first round.

I like Harding, however I don't really want TECH to play ya'll again!  :-\

Ken Griffey Jr.

Oh believe me, I don't want us to have to play Tech again.  I'm sure it wouldn't be until the semi's of the tournament if we got the 3 seed.  Maybe if we didn't meet until the championship y'all could do us a favor and lose since y'all are a deadlock in the NCAA :D

RD™

jacket87

I doubt many people visit it very often

Valleysports

Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on February 21, 2010, 01:54:37 pm
Dont we have a Gulf South forum?

As Mammal said, the typical Arkansas Native doesn't keep up with the DII Schools.  So when an Arkansas School wins their conference or has unusual success, like starting 25-0, it's worthy of sharing with true Arkansas Sports Fans.  Otherwize you might not ever hear of an Arkansas Team winning Conference, certainly not Playoffs, or a Championship.  This is General Sports and Activities, it's not going to hurt you if we have one thread discussing a winning Arkansas College Team.  Like I said the thread was just meant for true sports fans who appreciate Arkansas Schools succeeding at any level.  No need for you to even click on the subject.  ;)

InYoGrill

Quote from: Valleysports on February 21, 2010, 09:32:22 pm
Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on February 21, 2010, 01:54:37 pm
Dont we have a Gulf South forum?

As Mammal said, the typical Arkansas Native doesn't keep up with the DII Schools.  So when an Arkansas School wins their conference or has unusual success, like starting 25-0, it's worthy of sharing with true Arkansas Sports Fans.  Otherwize you might not ever hear of an Arkansas Team winning Conference, certainly not Playoffs, or a Championship.  This is General Sports and Activities, it's not going to hurt you if we have one thread discussing a winning Arkansas College Team.  Like I said the thread was just meant for true sports fans who appreciate Arkansas Schools succeeding at any level.  No need for you to even click on the subject.  ;)

Any AR school including ladies that does awesome is worth mentioning. Props Valley.

CHSBISON77

True Believer

RHS

I was trying to get off early last Thursday to make it to the mens game but we ended up getting busy and I didn't leave until late and missed it.

Valleysports

Both Arkansas Tech Teams are playing in the Gulf South Conference Title Games today.

Golden Suns (26-2) starting at 12:00 (pregame in about 10 mins).

Wonderboys (27-1) starting at 2:45.

For more info, where to get Live Broadcast, or what TV  Channel to watch, go to the Gulf South Conference Board.

Valleysports

ARKANSAS TECH GIRLS (27-2) TAKE GULF SOUTH CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT AWAY FROM 4 TIME DEFENDING CHAMPS DELTA STATE, 75-73, in DOUBLE OVERTIME!!!!!!!

ARKANSAS TECH BOYS (27-1) CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AT 2:45 PM...

SingleWingGuru

March 07, 2010, 03:30:57 pm #15 Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 04:21:12 pm by Jeremy2653 (SWG)
NCAA sources say Tech has a legitimate chance at hosting both the Men's and Women's side of their brackets, respectively.

This would be a first in NCAA history and would be a legitimate honor.

Valleysports

March 07, 2010, 05:09:53 pm #16 Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 05:37:29 pm by Valleysports

CONGRATULATIONS ARKANSAS TECH BOYS - GIRLS - GULF SOUTH CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS!

TECH GIRLS (28-2) WIN GULF SOUTH CONFERENCE IN DOUBLE OVERTIME 75-73, OVERTIME OVER DELTA STATE.

TECH BOYS (29-1) WIN GULF SOUTH CONFERENCE 64-63, OVER ALABAMA-HUNTSVILLE, WITH A MARCUS PILLOW 3 POINTER WITH 8 SECS REMAINING.

trevster10

RHS

I don't see why we shouldn't host a first round for men and women. Both have proven they deserve to stay at home and host.

True Believer

Arkansas should be proud of this!   Congrats to the guys and girls. 

Ken Griffey Jr.

They should be able to host, after this week both teams should be ranked first in the South region.

InYoGrill

Quote from: True Believer on March 07, 2010, 09:07:30 pm
Arkansas should be proud of this!   Congrats to the guys and girls. 

Can you say AWESOME!! Wow, way to go ATU and pull off two squeakers today.

OlGuyWicker

Will UCA go after Downey?  He has done a great job at Tech and does have some D-1 experience. 

SandLizard04

Very stoked that I'm going to be home for the games next weekend.

Valleysports

NCAA Tournament Coming to Russellville....

Women's action will begin on Friday and Men's action on Saturday in the NCAA Division II Tournament South Regional.

Extremely rare for a school to get to host both a men's and women's regional in the same year --- this might be the biggest sporting event ever in Russellville.

More details early this week on www.athletics.atu.edu and www.arkansastechnews.com!

bulldogs1159

Valley will you post game times a ticket info when it comes out? If I could I would want to come down for a game.

Valleysports

NCAA DIVISION II WOMEN'S TOURNAMENT

Friday, March 12th - Quarterfinals
1:30 PM - Delta State vs Lynn
4:00 PM - Fort Valley State vs Valdosta
6:30 PM - Arkansas Tech vs Benedict
9:00 PM - Tamp vs Barry

Sunday, March 14th
Semifinals - 1:00 and 3:30 pm.

Tuesday, March 16th
Championship Game - 6:00 pm

NCAA DIVISION II MEN'S TOURNAMENT

Saturday, March 13th - Quarterfinals
1:00 pm - Rollins vs Alabama-Huntsville
3:30 pm - Florida Southern vs Barry
6:00 pm - Arkansas Tech vs Tuskegee
8:30 pm - Valdosta State vs Clark-Atlanta

Sunday, March 14th
Semifinals - 6:00 and 8:30 pm

Tuesday, March 16th
Championship Game - 8:30 pm

Ken Griffey Jr.

You might want to make a note that this is just the regionals, Valley.  There are 7 other regions and 56 other teams playing this weekend, too.  Just so some people don't get confused.  The winner of Tuesdays games go to the Elite 8.

bulldogs1159

How would one go about getting tickets?

RHS

This works well. If both teams can win, then I'll be off on both Sunday and Tuesday.

Valleysports

March 09, 2010, 05:30:58 pm #30 Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:06:40 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on March 09, 2010, 01:58:09 am

I didn't forget about you bulldog  :D

Golden Suns play at 6:30 p.m. Friday and Wonder Boys play at 6 p.m. Saturday in the NCAA Tournament first round at Tucker Coliseum.....tickets are $8 per day for adults and $5 per day for students and those 60 or older. Tickets will for sure be available starting at 12:30 p.m. Friday. Check back for more info about any advanced ticket sales as it becomes available.

OK, this is a 64 Team Tournament, with the first 3 Games being played at 8 different locations. Have to win 6 Games to be THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. I've found that we get more attention, if I leave II and Russellville, off this NCAA ARKANSAS TOURNAMENT announcement Griffey Jr. ;D

bulldogs1159

Only game I would be able to make is the Mens Championship game. Lets hope Tech is in it.

Valleysports

Both Tech Teams are playing their best ball of the season!  Great time to Peak!  But that would just be unbelievable if either won the South Regional Part of the NCAA II Tournament.  8)

Valleysports

Check out this GSC Championship Game Wrap up!

GSC Tournament Championship You-Tube

GOLDEN SUNS BASKETBALL IN 1 HR!

TECH GAMES LIVE

Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote from: Valleysports on March 09, 2010, 05:30:58 pm
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on March 09, 2010, 01:58:09 am

I didn't forget about you bulldog  :D

Golden Suns play at 6:30 p.m. Friday and Wonder Boys play at 6 p.m. Saturday in the NCAA Tournament first round at Tucker Coliseum.....tickets are $8 per day for adults and $5 per day for students and those 60 or older. Tickets will for sure be available starting at 12:30 p.m. Friday. Check back for more info about any advanced ticket sales as it becomes available.

OK, this is a 64 Team Tournament, with the first 3 Games being played at 8 different locations. Have to win 6 Games to be THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. I've found that we get more attention, if I leave II and Russellville, off this NCAA ARKANSAS TOURNAMENT announcement Griffey Jr. ;D

I know that its the NCAA tournament and its a huge deal, but with the way you posted the schedule, someone who might not have been keeping up with it as much as you or I have might think that the games at Tech were the only games in the tournament. 

Believe me, I know that what is happening this weekend is huge and may not have ever happened before.  I wasn't trying to take anything away from what Tech has done this year at all, especially since we have never hosted and y'all were 5-0 against us in basketball this year.  Congrats on the win today, hopefully the y'all and the rest of the GSC continue to represent tomorrow.

Valleysports

Oh no problem - it was a good point!  When I look at the 16 teams (girls/boys) in our leg of the tournament, and across the country, I can't help but think it's a toss up.  Now everyone in the Regionals, has either won their conference, conference tournament, or has a great ranking. From here on, every game is a bonus on top of a Historic Season.  It amazes me that the boys have been #1 (Nationally), for 7 weeks.  They are playing their best, right now, so Arkansas has good representation.  And the girls are #4 Nationally, with nearly the whole team returning.  Well, if one of those Tech Teams, make it to the Elite 8 - I'll have these threads flashing!!!!  ;D  And would you believe I'm not really that much into basketball?  :D

Valleysports

March 13, 2010, 08:29:15 pm #36 Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:11:20 am by Valleysports
The rest of the NCAA II Tournament refers to Tech, as Arkansas. 
Well that Arkansas team is rolling on to the South Region, Semi-Final's tomorrow.

TECH BOYS 92 - Tuskegee 58

TECH GIRLS 65 - Benedict 48

TECH ATHLETICS NEWS

SandLizard04

I was at the game tonight. Tech straight up killed 'em.

RHS

Girls survived a thriller today. Jenny Vining hit her 6th 3 pointer with 10 seconds left on the clock to give the Golden Suns a 1 point win over Tampa today.

Suns and Statemen for the 4th time this year. 3rd winningest program vs the first.

HorseFeathers

SingleWingGuru

Tech not looking good against Valdosta State right now.

Wonderboys were down 13 when I checked in last. Lots of turnovers.

Ken Griffey Jr.

Now down 4 with 5 to go in the first half.  Not that I am rooting against Tech, because I'm not, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them go down against Valdosta.  Valdosta is a very very good team and would be tough to take down twice in about a 8 or 9 day span.

HorseFeathers

Ken Griffey Jr.

March 14, 2010, 09:48:35 pm #43 Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 09:52:21 pm by Ken Griffey Jr.
Valdosta up 60-50 with 7:44 to go.  Tech has got to start shooting better these last 7 minutes if they want a chance to win.  Valdosta is shooting 52% compared to Tech's 39%.

Ken Griffey Jr.

And to answer your question, HF, the finals for the regional for the men's side is Tuesday.  I'd assume the women's final is tomorrow.

Ken Griffey Jr.

Not looking good for the Wonder Boys, down 72-54 with under 3 minutes to go.

jacket87

Quote from: Ken Griffey Jr. on March 14, 2010, 09:53:28 pm<br />And to answer your question, HF, the finals for the regional for the men's side is Tuesday.  I'd assume the women's final is tomorrow.<br />

The womens and mens regional final are both on Tuesday.
6:00/8:30 respectively

Valleysports

March 14, 2010, 10:22:16 pm #47 Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 06:08:34 am by Valleysports
Published March 14, 2010
Girls win Semi-Final

Boys couldn't catch back up with Valdosta State  (56% from field, 10 of 21 48%, 3 Pointers)
TECH Boy's, Record Season, ends at 30-2.

Valleysports

Published March 16, 2010
Tech Girls win NCAA Division II South Regional

FOURTH-RANKED GOLDEN SUNS TAKE DOWN EIGHTH-RANKED DELTA STATE IN SOUTH REGIONAL FINAL, ADVANCE TO ELITE EIGHT FOR THIRD TIME IN SCHOOL HISTORY

Tech, who will open the national quarterfinals next Tuesday, March 23 against defending national runner-up and No. 2 ranked Franklin Pierce (N.H.) at 2:30 p.m

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas