• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport Greyhounds

Started by Gray lizard, October 29, 2014, 07:51:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

Here you go Catch TheGreyhound post away.

D-TOWN LIZARD

told ya no one cares about Newport!!!!!!!!
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

SUGARTOWN

Catch the Greyhound is probably in Algebra class right now.

D-TOWN LIZARD

Yea, Or stocking fries for the lunch crowd!!!!!!    ;D

cuckoobird

Nothing wrong with someone who works for a living.

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 29, 2014, 05:40:42 pm #5 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:42:59 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
  ::). Wasn't directed to u either

cuckoobird

Its childish to make fun of someone trying to put food on their table. I guess you never go out to eat so if the food service industry disappeared you wouldnt be effected

cuckoobird

October 29, 2014, 06:01:59 pm #7 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 06:04:46 pm by cuckoobird
:))

whippersnapper

Go Hounds! 4 game win streak right now. Hope to keep it going

D-TOWN LIZARD

And once again wasn't talking to you.    :-*

cuckoobird

The fact that youre talking to anyone is the problem

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 29, 2014, 06:43:16 pm #11 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 06:45:06 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
Get ur panties out if wad dude, dnt dish it out if u can't take it.   :'( LOL

cuckoobird

I can take it. Appareny you cant

D-TOWN LIZARD

cuckoobird

I hear that saying is very popular for women

Jacketman65

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 29, 2014, 06:53:18 pm
I hear that saying is very popular for women
And only you would know!

cuckoobird

Yes because i talk with women every day. Not all of us are still living in moms basement playing video games scared of the opposite sex

HOUND15

What does CAC look like? We've heard about their passing game, but how have they matched up with other teams?

BannerMountainMan

Let em have some fun, the playoffs will show Newport their spot

cuckoobird

Uh no, thats what happens when your school only has 4 playoff victories

Jacketman65

At least we know that we will be in the playoffs this year!  How bout your birds there Cuck?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Jacketman65 on October 30, 2014, 09:32:21 am
At least we know that we will be in the playoffs this year!  How bout your birds there Cuck?
+1000

cuckoobird

CatchTheGreyhound!

Okay, here's a bit of advice for you fellas. When "CatchtheGreyhound" hand you your "tickets" don't whine and cry, don't talk back, don't ask questions,  don't snap you fingers and roll your eyes like those lizard fans....you just take your tickets and exit stage left like everyone else!
At the end of the day you fellas may not like Ol' CTG, but you will learn to respect the fact that there is one thing CatchtheGreyhound knows better than anyone else, and that's football. 99 percent of the time before CTG outs a team, he has studied them well, and based on logical reasoning of the information gathered I'm able to draw a legit conclusion as to how that particular team will fair as the year goes on. Notice how I was able to properly  assess many other teams such as: Stuttgart,  star city, Arkedelphia, Camden Fairview, Dollarway, and many more. However, they ate thier crow, realized catch was right, and moved on....
Sandlizards...my advice to you is to schedule tougher scrimmage and off season games and try again next year; I'm sorry this year you just didn't make the cut, and pretty soon you will see just what i mean .  ;D ;D Here's your tickets!!!

CatchTheGreyhound!

October 30, 2014, 01:23:15 pm #24 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:28:08 pm by CatchTheGreyhound!
Quote from: cuckoobird on October 29, 2014, 06:45:02 pm
I can take it. Appareny you cant
cuckcoo, you have to admit...when the greyhounds turn up the heat, they're HOT!!! Stuttgart will represent 2-4A well in the payoffs as well as HWH...but Newport will take the Cake! Gunner is really has developed into a great QB over the past 3weeks...flawless read opinion and you got to admire the pump fake! I'm predicting Quarter final action!

cuckoobird

BTW, congratulations Clinton yellowjackets on your 13th playoff appearance. We are working on 19 in a row 😱

whippersnapper

Make that 28 straight years for the hounds and I think 35 of the last 36.

Jacketman65

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 30, 2014, 01:27:04 pm
Whow, didn't realize that your guys had a streak like that going!

CatchTheGreyhound!

;D world renown iconic figure Tony was asked what he think about the Newport greyhounds, this is what he had to say:

LakeRat

Newport's post season appearance record make Stuttgart look like the new kids on the block...

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: Jacketman65 on October 30, 2014, 01:34:08 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on October 30, 2014, 01:27:04 pm
Whow, didn't realize that your guys had a streak like that going!
yep the hounds are a lot better then most people realized

cuckoobird

We skipped a few years in the 90's but we have triple their hardware and thats the ultimate goal. No big deal making it to the playoffs and out any round other than the finals

CatchTheGreyhound!

Looks like this friday our focus is the mustangs! CAC 5-3 vs Newport 6-2 should be interesting!!

whippersnapper

True we don't have the hardware like some. But in 88&89 we were runner ups to dollarway in their run of titles. 88 was a close game at half and then they pulled away. 89 game is consider by many the toughest gut loss in Greyhound history. Lost 7-0 to dollarway off a blocked punt recoverd in the end zone. 90 we lost to them in the semifinals. Then in 91 they dropped down to 2A. Newport goes 14-0/ If dollarway had been in 2a the whole time Newport could've won another championship or 2. But either way still big making it to war memorial.

CatchTheGreyhound!

October 30, 2014, 03:15:02 pm #34 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:45:31 pm by CatchTheGreyhound!
Quote from: whippersnapper on October 30, 2014, 01:58:49 pm
True we don't have the hardware like some. But in 88&89 we were runner ups to dollarway in their run of titles. 88 was a close game at half and then they pulled away. 89 game is consider by many the toughest gut loss in Greyhound history. Lost 7-0 to dollarway off a blocked punt recoverd in the end zone. 90 we lost to them in the semifinals. Then in 91 they dropped down to 2A. Newport goes 14-0/ If dollarway had been in 2a the whole time Newport could've won another championship or 2. But either way still big making it to war memorial.
Looks like dollarway, have been a thorn in our side since New Kids on the Block first Single! Kind of miss them being in our conference.

whippersnapper

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LakeRat on October 30, 2014, 01:41:14 pm
Newport's post season appearance record make Stuttgart look like the new kids on the block...
Really? They have 4 more appearances and only 2 more playoff wins. Sadly, only 3 titles... :'(

LakeRat

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 30, 2014, 06:54:36 pm
Quote from: LakeRat on October 30, 2014, 01:41:14 pm
Really? They have 4 more appearances and only 2 more playoff wins. Sadly, only 3 titles... :'(

Hey... bragging on past playoff performance is very similar to tellin fishin stories... the whoppers get just a little bigger each time the story is told!! :)

The_Pioneer

Are you boys still too scared to cross the White and play your old rivals?

CatchTheGreyhound!

PitCrewLizard

Yep, he nailed it as far as tonight's game against Dover goes..... ::)

whippersnapper

Carl Turner well over a thousand yards for the year after a big night. 251 yards 3 TDs. Bullard was 8-12 for 79 yards. Total offense 373. Defense played very well. 14 points for CAC were off bad special teams plays. Opening kick off we muffed. CAC recovers on the 5, 1 play later TD. 4th qtr we have a punt blocked recovered on the 5 again, TD soon after. I don't think CAC gained a 4th down conversion tonight. The hounds brought the pressure most of the night. Go hounds

Razorhummer

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 31, 2014, 05:35:29 pm
Are you boys still too scared to cross the White and play your old rivals?
That's something coach King needs to tell the Pioneer Nation. He told someone that Newport did want to reschedule the rivalry but decided not too because he wanted to play teams in higher or same class and said he would not be interested in playing Newport or any school in class 4a or any lower class. He said most of Batesville and Newport wanted the rivalry to be renewed but he felt like it shouldn't. Only telling you what I know because I know someone that see's coach King quite a bit. I would love to see it but you won't unless Newport moves back up to class 5a and that won't happen. Newport is likely to see class 3a really soon.

whippersnapper

I've heard the same thing to hummer. I just haven't ever put it on here because Batesvillle fans will  more then likely deny it. Still say were scared. Truth is it makes no sense having 2 schools play each other with that big of a student body difference

The_Pioneer

Plus there's no benefit to playing a team that cant compete with you.  So it does make sense.  Its too bad SS is in your conference.  You can build one of those streaks against them.  They're terrible.

whippersnapper

http://cable15tv.com/video.php?GreyhoundFootball|22|co55i4aDrTc
Here is the CAC game with the Coach Harrison show at the end. Bout the last 15 minutes of the video.

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 02, 2014, 09:01:31 am
http://cable15tv.com/video.php?GreyhoundFootball|22|co55i4aDrTc
Here is the CAC game with the Coach Harrison show at the end. Bout the last 15 minutes of the video.
thanks  WS!

nevergiveup

If the hounds Defense can play like they did against CAC and Turner can continue to get healthier and healthier the hounds are going to be deadly in the playoffs. Especially if they can get a one seed and get 3 home playoff games. Potentially a Crosset, Mena, and Arky could get the hounds into the Semis.

HeberFan

Somebody in here said making the playoffs is no big deal?  It is for every kid who puts on a helmet. These players and coaches work 12 months a year, so, give them credit.

Razorhummer

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 02, 2014, 07:29:15 am
I've heard the same thing to hummer. I just haven't ever put it on here because Batesvillle fans will  more then likely deny it. Still say were scared. Truth is it makes no sense having 2 schools play each other with that big of a student body difference
Exactly.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas