• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pea Ridge @ Huntsville

Started by Ole Legend, October 28, 2014, 01:50:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge seems to be rolling. Last week the Hawks beat Berryville 49-2. If Pea Ridge comes out with a victory this week, it would set up a conference championship game, Shiloh at PR, week 10. With that being said, what are some predictions for this weeks game at Huntsville?

pgfan2016

prHOG13

IPROFB

Pee on the Ridge 42-14, Blackhawk JV players in the 4th quarter.

BannerMountainMan

Bigbossman

IPROFB

Huntsville might beat BV next week but they won't beat Pee Ridge this week. It will be over by the start of the 3rd Quarter.

Ole Legend

Quote from: IPROFB on October 29, 2014, 02:10:04 pm
Huntsville might beat BV next week but they won't beat Pee Ridge this week. It will be over by the start of the 3rd Quarter.

Do you think Huntsville is as bad as Berryville?

IPROFB

October 29, 2014, 05:30:27 pm #8 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:36:15 pm by IPROFB
Last year they were one or two points difference. I have not seen Huntsville play since the first week of the season. These two teams always seem to play each other close no matter what, just like when Green Forest plays either team. Having said that, if Huntsville is very physical against an opponent, as they have a history of being, they can give Pee Ridge a good game. I said at the first of the season Pee Ridge might be the best team in 1-4A. Huntsville is well coached! I think they will be ready for PR. But I believe PR has one thing few have in 1-4A, SPEED!  SHANE IVY may be the best RB in the conference.

Ole Legend

I don't know about him being the best in the conference. There are a couple other backs that are pretty good as well. The Duarte kid from Gravette is impressive.

Cfpr

If you look at yards per carry as the stat. I would bet that ivy would lead the pack. The kid has a 2nd gear. Not to take anything away from duarte cause the kid is big and physical. Just don't have the speed of ivy. Does anyone know the yards per carry stat on him and how it compares around the 4A.
OH, and pea ridge wins BIG.

Lionfan

Duarte has 1149 yards on 168 carries around 7 yards per carry and he runs a 4.5 forty I believe

Cfpr

As a PR fan, I'll sure hope that he has a great night this Friday. And 4.5 is pretty darn quick.

IPROFB

Gravette's Duarte is a solid back. It is a toss up between him and PR's Ivy for back of the year. My guess is Ivy is a little faster. Both teams have big linemen and are solid defensive teams. Both teams can throw the ball when they need to.  I just think IVY is the better of the two simply because he has break away speed that few other teams can account for in the secondary.

pgfan2016

Both are good backs for this conference this year.  I have out of school 31 years and could rush for 1500 yards in this conference this year.  I don't see either playing for their respective schools a couple years ago.  There was way to much talent on those teams.

iivydriff

Quote from: Ole Legend on October 29, 2014, 02:28:25 pm
Quote from: IPROFB on October 29, 2014, 02:10:04 pm

Do you think Huntsville is as bad as Berryville?

No they are not

iivydriff

October 30, 2014, 12:44:43 pm #16 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:48:16 pm by iivydriff
Quote from: Lionfan on October 29, 2014, 08:41:49 pm
Duarte has 1149 yards on 168 carries around 7 yards per carry and he runs a 4.5 forty I believe

Duarte is a good back. He has Good size, good power, and good moves but 4.5 I dont know about that. 

iivydriff

Quote from: Lionfan on October 29, 2014, 08:41:49 pm

Ivy had 1150 yards last year as a Jr. On 144 carries.

Ole Legend

Neither of these backs would've played at their schools a couple years ago. Pea Ridge had Winn, and Gravette had #44, I don't remember his name. But those two guys were very good backs. The Winn kid ran for 190 last week down at Hendrix. It's good to see PR athletes being successful in college.

iivydriff

October 31, 2014, 02:45:35 am #19 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:17:53 pm by iivydriff
Quote from: Ole Legend on October 30, 2014, 03:04:24 pm
Neither of these backs would've played at their schools a couple years ago. Pea Ridge had Winn, and Gravette had #44, I don't remember his name. But those two guys were very good backs. The Winn kid ran for 190 last week down at Hendrix. It's good to see PR athletes being successful in college.

You know what I know of a runningback back in 1968 or 67 from Pea Ridge that nobody in the conference two years ago could have Hung with. Nobody!!!  Probably nobody in the history of Pea Ridge Football. The guy even played for the Razorbacks. Till he broke his leg. This is a true story. Ill bet you guys didnt know that did you? now how ignorant does that sound for me to compare the runningbacks from two years ago to way back then? sounds pretty stupid huh? kinda like your two year ago comparison. Nobody cares about what happened two years ago.  That would also be like me saying Collins and Williams couldnt hang with Mcfadden and Jones. What is the point it doesn matter. So why dont you quit living in the past and come on out to the present.  Im not taking nothing from the Winn kid from two years ago. The kid was and still is real good.  I was just trying to make a point of Comparing players from different eras doesnt even matter. And its pointless. 

The kid from Gravette two years ago I think Is Derek Strelecky probably not spelled right but that is the kid. You also had the Bartholamew boys from PG. Boudrey from Farmington. Winn from Pea Ridge.

Ole Legend

Quote from: iivydriff on October 31, 2014, 02:45:35 am

You know what I know of a runningback back in 1968 or 67 from Pea Ridge that nobody in the conference two years ago could have Hung with. Nobody!!!  Probably nobody in the history of Pea Ridge Football. The guy even played for the Razorbacks. Till he broke his leg. This is a true story. Ill bet you guys didnt know that did you? now how ignorant does that sound for me to compare the runningbacks from two years ago to way back then? sounds pretty stupid huh? kinda like your two year ago comparison. Nobody cares about what happened two years ago.  That would also be like me saying Collins and Williams couldnt hang with Mcfadden and Jones. What is the point it doesn matter. So why dont you quit living in the past and come on out to the present. 
  The kid from Gravette two years ago I think Is Derek Strelecky probably not spelled right but that is the kid. You also had the Bartholamew boys from PG. Boudrey from Farmington. Winn from Pea Ridge.

Don't get me wrong, the Ivy kid is a very good running back. But he plays with a different style than what those other guys did. Ivy came up BIG in the PG game, and PR might not be undefeated without him.

Tigerdad2

Huntsville has very similar talent to Berryville, but the difference is, Huntsville has way better coaches. Tice and Sone are very good coaches for Huntsville, while Lee of Berryville is flat out horrible. It's obvious that the backs of 2012 were way better than this years backs, the whole conference is down. Nothing against Winn but he is playing NAIA football, which anyone can play if they choose. Pea Ridge will win one playoff game and be done

dukes424

Its obvious your a lot like Forrest Gump Tigerdad2 .. I have been going to these games for the last 15 years in the 1 4a and Im here to tell you the top of this conference is not down at all.. The only difference is the bottom of the conference is having a down period.  The 4a has about 2 teams from the south that could possibly be slight favorites to win it all, however they are not by any means overwhelming favorites like in the past. Looking at the bracket I do believe The 1 - 3 seed in the 1 4a will all win the opening rounds of course the 1 seed will get a bye. I do believe Gravette will be the 4 seed and could be very dangerous as well -  if Duarte stays healthy..You made a comment that the Winn Kid plays Naia teams and anyone could if they choose. He actually plays naia , D2 and D3 teams out of the SAA conference which is mostly southern teams Ar, Ok, tx and Ok and tennessee teams and I promise you not just anyone can CHOOSE to play on these teams and I want to give him a shout out for being in the TOP 10 in the NCAA for all purpose yards at this point.. As far as above -  comparing players and teams from whatever years it really doesnt matter because everyone mentioned in these comparisons is a badass and doesnt have to prove nothing to you or me. They all proved they are among the elite athletes that wont be forgotten in 10 years..

iivydriff

October 31, 2014, 12:52:06 pm #23 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 01:13:19 pm by iivydriff
Quote from: Ole Legend on October 31, 2014, 10:20:32 am
Quote from: iivydriff on October 31, 2014, 02:45:35 am

You know what I know of a runningback back in 1968 or 67 from Pea Ridge that nobody in the conference two years ago could have Hung with. Nobody!!!  Probably nobody in the history of Pea Ridge Football. The guy even played for the Razorbacks. Till he broke his leg. This is a true story. Ill bet you guys didnt know that did you? now how ignorant does that sound for me to compare the runningbacks from two years ago to way back then? sounds pretty stupid huh? kinda like your two year ago comparison. Nobody cares about what happened two years ago.  That would also be like me saying Collins and Williams couldnt hang with Mcfadden and Jones. What is the point it doesn matter. So why dont you quit living in the past and come on out to the present. 

Don't get me wrong, the Ivy kid is a very good running back. But he plays with a different style than what those other guys did. Ivy came up BIG in the PG game, and PR might not be undefeated without him.

;D 

iivydriff

Quote from: dukes424 on October 31, 2014, 12:51:24 pm
Its obvious your a lot like Forrest Gump Tigerdad2 .. I have been going to these games for the last 15 years in the 1 4a and Im here to tell you the top of this conference is not down at all.. The only difference is the bottom of the conference is having a down period.  The 4a has about 2 teams from the south that could possibly be slight favorites to win it all, however they are not by any means overwhelming favorites like in the past. Looking at the bracket I do believe The 1 - 3 seed in the 1 4a will all win the opening rounds of course the 1 seed will get a bye. I do believe Gravette will be the 4 seed and could be very dangerous as well -  if Duarte stays healthy..You made a comment that the Winn Kid plays Naia teams and anyone could if they choose. He actually plays naia , D2 and D3 teams out of the SAA conference which is mostly southern teams Ar, Ok, tx and Ok and tennessee teams and I promise you not just anyone can CHOOSE to play on these teams and I want to give him a shout out for being in the TOP 10 in the NCAA for all purpose yards at this point.. As far as above -  comparing players and teams from whatever years it really doesnt matter because everyone mentioned in these comparisons is a badass and doesnt have to prove nothing to you or me. They all proved they are among the elite athletes that wont be forgotten in 10 years..
Thats right Dukes

pgfan2016

All of you parents need to R-E-L-A-X!  All some are doing is comparing past and present players.  Nobody has said little Johnny isn't any good. 

iivydriff

October 31, 2014, 01:25:42 pm #26 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:35:42 pm by iivydriff
Well you being from PG i assume, I can see you saying what you said. Although I would not make a comment like that about any runningback for any team. Especially on here. But when someone is basically running down one of the best players on the team from their own home town. Now that is just wrong.

pgfan2016

Is there really any difference with him comparing what he thinks and you comparing yours as the top back in the conference?   

pgfan2016

That's why I always enjoyed reading post from posters like G-town and TIGER101and some others.  both of their kids were very good football players, yet you never heard them coming on here and beating their chest about their kids.  It wasn't always 100% positive but they just went on without making a big deal of it.

iivydriff

Never said Ivy was the top back in the conference. Im just giving you facts. I will let everyone else make up their mind about that. yeh of course I hope that he does something good and gets some recognition. Who wouldnt be like that?  And yeh there is a difference because im talking about kids from different schools. Comparing what they are doing right now. You guys especially Ole Legend. Who is from PR runs down a top player from his own town by saying what he said. Comparing him to a past top player from PR when all the parents and kids involved are all friends. Pretty Low if you ask me. And then running down Winn for playing NAIA ball. LOL  You just need to go worry about PG. so you and Ole Legend are buddies right? yeh I figure I know who Ole Legend is. Ive got a pretty good idea, but Ill bet you he dont have the nads to tell us on here. who he is  ;D

iivydriff

Yeh you are right.
Quote from: pgfan2016 on October 31, 2014, 01:55:30 pm
That's why I always enjoyed reading post from posters like G-town and TIGER101and some others.  both of their kids were very good football players, yet you never heard them coming on here and beating their chest about their kids.  It wasn't always 100% positive but they just went on without making a big deal of it.

Ill bet you they would have called you out on your remarks just like i did. I was around to talk to those guys too. And why am i talking to you anyway? Ole Legend is the one i called out. You are from PG I dont have a care in the world what you think. But anyway im out of here. You and Ole Legend have a good day.

dukes424

pgfan2016 - All I can say is you are an idiot. First you throw players under the bus saying they could not of been potential  good players on   respected team a couple of years ago. Come on man and you could run for 1500 yards in this conference. My guess is you are some overweight , balding man that cant even get to the frig on time - you know these kids get on here and read this site. Well my guess is you were probably the water boy in high school or maybe the 3rd string left guard and now you are getting your shots in. Yeah everyone has mouthed on here from time to time, but I have never bashed the players. I need to get off of here now and take a chill pill. Ya have a great weekend...Go Hawks.

pgfan2016

Not sure why you're all huffy puffy with me.  I don't even like Pea Ridge. :P  You said you were stating fact, I say he was stating facts.  Dukes could give you all the facts you could read if you want.  That's all.  I didn't read one negative thing that he said.   :-*

pgfan2016

are you making fun of the 3rd string players.  Wow, mirror

pgfan2016

you never bash any players but you just bashed the 3rf string players

pgfan2016

pgfan2016

October 31, 2014, 03:28:16 pm #36 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:30:01 pm by pgfan2016
and I did not bash any player.  and never said they could not be potential good players. you are just making stuff up now

iivydriff

October 31, 2014, 03:56:22 pm #37 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:01:28 pm by iivydriff
  ;D

Cfpr

Pr defense just too much for Huntsville tonight. They did play their hearts out though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas