• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Playoff Scenarios (as of Oct 26)

Started by Brian G, October 26, 2014, 09:13:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

October 26, 2014, 09:13:23 pm Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:12:07 pm by woodpeckerfsm
Note: In 4A-3A-2A, 5 teams go to the playoffs

Class 4A
4A-1
   Pea Ridge and Shiloh Christian (both 5-0) are a week away from a Week 10 showdown for the top 2 seeds. Prairie Grove and Gravette are 3-2 while Gentry is 2-3. Still as battle as to where the 3-through-5 seeds are going to fall.

4A-2
   Newport and Helena-West Helena are each 4-1. Central Arkansas Christian, Stuttgart and Heber Springs are all 3-2 while Lonoke is 2-3. Next week's games will make the scenarios here a little clearer.

4A-3
   Pocahontas (5-0) is the 1 seed and outright conference champion with a win at Highland (4-1). A Highland win over Pocahontas however would create a likely 3-way tie with Gosnell 4-1. Jonesboro Westside (3-2), Cave City (2-3) and Trumann (2-3) are fighting for the final 2 playoff spots.

4A-4
   Dardanelle (5-0) is the top seed with a win over Dover (4-1). Should Dover win, there would be a 3-way tie with Clinton (4-1). Pottsville is 3-2 and Pulaski Robinson is 2-3, but nothing has been clinched for the bottom 2 seeds.

4A-7
   This is arguable the most competitive 4A Conference in the state. Nashville and Malvern are both 4-1 and meet this week. The winner is the likely top seed. Arkadelphia, Mena and Fountain Lake are 3-2 while Bauxite is not eliminated at 2-3. This week should clear things up ... a little.

4A-8
   Warren (5-0) has the inside track to the conference title, but must play Hamburg (4-1) and Dollarway (4-1) in consecutive weeks. Crossett and Star City are both 3-2 and both will meet on Week 10 for the likely 4-5 seeds.

---Provided by Walter Woodie

Brian G

Walter has a disclaimer that they might need a bit of adjusting but it's a great starter.

bulldoghistorian

I know that Star City is still likely to finish 4th. How ever... Should Star City and Hamburg both win out, and should Dollarway win at Crossett then lose at home to Warren in two weeks, Star City will finish third in the 8-4A.

3 Dollar

October 29, 2014, 10:01:37 am #3 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:47:54 pm by 3 Dollar
Here's how I see it playing out the next two weeks:

1-4A:  Shiloh and Pea Ridge showdown in week #10 will go to the visiting Saints in a very close ballgame.  I see Prairie Grove winning out to pick up the #3 seed.  Gravette will fall this Friday to eventual conf. champ Shiloh and they will defeat Gentry in week 10 for the #4 seed.

#1...Shiloh Christian Saints
#2...Pea Ridge Blackhawks
#3...Prairie Grove Tigers
#4...Gravette Lions
#5...Gentry Pioneers

2-4A:  This one is a bit sketchy.  I've got Newport winning out to grab the title with Heber winning out for the #2 spot.  That would mean Helena-West Helena would be the #3.  Then I see CAC losing this week to Newport and closing out the regular season with a win @ home over the #5 seeded Ricebirds.

#1...Newport Greyhounds
#2...Heber Springs Panthers
#3...Helena-West Helena Cougars
#4...Central Arkansas Christian Mustangs
#5...Stuttgart Ricebirds

3-4A:  This one falls a lot like the 1-4A did.  I've got Pokie winning out to be #1 with Gosnell doing the same to grab #2.  Highland then falls in order #3 with a 5-2 mark.  Jonesboro Westside will lose the remainder of their regular season contests.  However, the way the chips fall they will still grab the #4 seed.  Trumann and Cave City will be playing for the last playoff spot in conf. this Friday night with the advantage to the home team Wildcats.  However, if Cave City happens to win out, they would grab the #4 seed falling JWS to #5.

#1...Pocahontas Redskins
#2...Gosnell Pirates
#3...Highland Rebels
#4...Jonesboro Westside Warriors
#5...Trumann Wildcats

4-4A:  Obvious conf. champions should be crowned this Friday night @ Dover.  That would be the Sand Lizards!  Lots of different scenarios come into play for the 2-5 seeds.  I've got Clinton winning out and finishing #2 with a 6-1 mark.  Then comes Dover with a 5-2 conf. record.  The last 2 spots play out this Friday in Pottsville with the edge going to old school, smash mouth football and the home team Apaches.

#1...Dardanelle Sand Lizards
#2...Clinton Yellowjackets
#3...Dover Pirates
#4...Pottsville Apaches
#5...Pulaski Robinson Senators

7-4A:  Lots of possible scenarios in this strong conference.  I have Nashville winning the title @ home this Friday against the #2 Leopards.  Then, I have Fountain Lake winning out for a 5-2 conf. mark as well as Malvern.  Malvern won head-to-head.  And then Arkadelphia and Mena finishing up with identical 4-3 conf. records with Arkie wining head-to-head.

#1...Nashville Scrappers
#2...Malvern Leopards
#3...Fountain Lake Cobras
#4...Arkadelphia Badgers
#5...Mena Bearcats

8-4A:  I've got the conference title game being played week 10 in Pine Bluff with the $way Cards pulling it out at home against the #2 Lumberjacks.  That would leave Hamburg and Star City with a similar 5-2 mark for #3.  Hamburg won the head-to-head leaving Star City just shy of hosting a first round playoff game.  Rounding out the 8-4A conf. is Crossett with a losing conf. record of 3-4.

#1...Pine Bluff Dollarway Cardinals
#2...Warren Lumberjacks
#3...Hamburg Lions
#4...Star City Bulldogs
#5...Crossett Eagles

8)

Qhcaoc

I have read the AAA handbook and still don't truly understand how a 3 way tie is broken if all the teams have lost to each other?... example if highland beats pokie friday night. Does it come down to points with all 3 teams or does head to head come in to play?

~WPS~

You use points first. The team with the fewest points is eliminated. The two teams with the most points are left. Then it is head to head between those two teams.

That is my understanding of it.

bulldoghistorian

If the three teams are tied and 1-1 against each other, it goes to points. The two teams with the most points would be broken down head to head.

Qhcaoc

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on October 30, 2014, 10:31:32 am
If the three teams are tied and 1-1 against each other, it goes to points. The two teams with the most points would be broken down head to head.

Thank you, that is what I thought the rules said but it was not nearly that clear cut.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas