• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Fearless Top Ten - Class 4A (Week 9)

Started by LJ06, October 26, 2014, 08:20:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

THE TOP TEN

1.  Warren (11) - 292
2.  Dardanelle (4) - 276
3.  Nashville - 234 [+3]
4.  Dollarway - 186 [-2]
5.  Hamburg - 164
6.  Malvern - 98 *
7.  Star City - 96 *
8.  Arkadelphia - 88 [-4]
9.  Pocahontas - 78 *
10.  Pea Ridge - 50

Other Receiving Votes:  Shiloh Christian 30, Newport 18, Mena 16, Helena-West Helena 14, Fountain Lake 2

Teams Dropped Out:  Fountain Lake, Gosnell, Mena

Notes:  Numbers in parenthesis represent the number of first place votes that team received. A team with a number in a bracket beside it represents the change in rank from the prior week poll. An asterisk beside a team represents a team new to the top ten. This poll is the results of the votes of 15 people who have good knowledge of 4A football and have every conference represented.

HeberFan

Still not sure about Warren. Hamburg is playing good ball lately

LJ06

AirWarren

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2014, 08:24:08 pm

Tell us about Warren?

HeberFan

Warren has all the tools. Just don't fare well in close game. A good front-running team often falls in playoff football.

LJ06

All I can tell ya'll is talk to people who've seen both Hamburg and Warren play.  Most if not all are saying Warren will win.  Whats that tell ya?

AirWarren

Tell me about Hamburgs "big game" experience?

CounterPunch

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2014, 08:24:08 pm
they just lost last week

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on October 26, 2014, 08:42:42 pm
Tell me about Hamburgs "big game" experience?

They lost to Dollarway in a close game. 

CounterPunch

Dollarway gets beat and only drops 2 spots. Hmmm

HeberFan

Hamburg has the same issues.. eithe wins big or loses. My question is this, can either Warren or Hamburg come back from two touchdowns in the playoffs? I think not.

LJ06

Quote from: CounterPunch on October 26, 2014, 08:44:29 pm

You knew that was gonna happen.  Least SC is back in the top ten

CounterPunch

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2014, 08:45:48 pm
Hamburg has the same issues.. eithe wins big or loses. My question is this, can either Warren or Hamburg come back from two touchdowns in the playoffs? I think not.
have you seen Warren play?

LJ06

Warren can.  Hamburg can too if they can get their offense in sync

CounterPunch

This is absolutely still the best poll. Most of these teams can be flipped flopped very easily but it's still pretty good.

policeman

Wow.. great top ten.  This isn't bias at all.

AirWarren

What has Warren done to show you we cant come from behind?

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on October 26, 2014, 08:51:56 pm

What has Warren done to show you we cant come from behind?
hes just talking.

HeberFan

I'm just saying that playoff football often favors a team that has been in lots of close games. Heading into the playoffs undefeated is a great way to NOT win the state championship, per past performances. Warren can sure win it all but they need early leads to do it.

AirWarren

Quote from: policeman on October 26, 2014, 08:50:30 pm
Wow.. great top ten.  This isn't bias at all.

You had an opportunity to sign up and represent. Just like everyone else.

CounterPunch

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2014, 08:53:07 pm
I'm just saying that playoff football often favors a team that has been in lots of close games. Heading into the playoffs undefeated is a great way to NOT win the state championship, per past performances. Warren can sure win it all but they need early leads to do it.
they have played in a few close ones and came out in the 2nd half and pulled away.

HeberFan

I was not at the game.. so tell me what happened against Pulaski Academy?  I know PA is maybe the best team in 5A but I didn't expect the Lumberjacks to give up 50.

phdefense

Yeah, it really hurt Booneville last year.  ::)

AirWarren

Early leads such as battling four quarters toe to toe with a 7a team? Lost in the last two minutes on SS last drive?

Just stop talking out of your arse.

HeberFan

I love the way Booneville played last year. Great execution and all business. Everyone kept picking against them and for supposedly more talented teams, but, Booneville rocked.

The Coach

Going undefeated sounds like a great way to win it all if you ask me

HeberFan

I mean going undefeated in the regular season. Going undefeated for the entire season is the best percentage way to win a state championship !  ha ha

policeman

Just my opinion, but Pocahontas should be top 6...

TBone70

Quote from: CounterPunch on October 26, 2014, 08:44:29 pm
Yep, and probably beat any team below them. And I'm not a Dollarway fan at all.

The Coach

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2014, 08:58:34 pm
I love the way Booneville played last year. Great execution and all business. Everyone kept picking against them and for supposedly more talented teams, but, Booneville rocked.

And the only close game they had was the state final if I remember right

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: The Coach on October 26, 2014, 08:59:33 pm

Going undefeated sounds like a great way to win it all if you ask me
Yeah not losing a game in your first ten games means you'll probably lose first round.. Don't get people sometimes

HeberFan

That's what I mean. Booneville was able to concentrate on each series. The score didn't change their composure at all. It was really about how they played and didn't have much to do with their opponent. That kind of focus is rare.

HeberFan

Undefeated regular season teams almost never lose the first round. It's the second or third that gets them.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: policeman on October 26, 2014, 09:06:55 pm
And who would you move down?

bullseye

Dollarway was the greatest thing since sliced bread until they were beat. That's why this is the greatest game on earth . Go dogs!!

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on October 26, 2014, 08:55:14 pm
Just stop talking out of your arse.
You need to take another swig of whatever you are drinking....lol

TBone70

Quote from: policeman on October 26, 2014, 09:06:55 pm
Close, I voted them at 7 the top 6 is solid. Where have you been Policeman? Pokey doing great this year. Hope it ain't s fluke, new coach is doing good. Tough game against Highland coming up at Highland.

HeberFan

Dollarway might be even more dangerous now after a loss.

WPWells

Quote from: LJ06 on October 26, 2014, 08:20:40 pm
THE TOP TEN

1.  Warren (11) - 292
2.  Dardanelle (4) - 276
3.  Nashville - 234 [+3]
4.  Dollarway - 186 [-2]
5.  Hamburg - 164
6.  Malvern - 98 *
7.  Star City - 96 *
8.  Arkadelphia - 88 [-4]
9.  Pocahontas - 78 *
10.  Pea Ridge - 50

Other Receiving Votes:  Shiloh Christian 30, Newport 18, Mena 16, Helena-West Helena 14, Fountain Lake 2

Teams Dropped Out:  Fountain Lake, Gosnell, Mena

Notes:  Numbers in parenthesis represent the number of first place votes that team received. A team with a number in a bracket beside it represents the change in rank from the prior week poll. An asterisk beside a team represents a team new to the top ten. This poll is the results of the votes of 15 people who have good knowledge of 4A football and have every conference represented.

Just curious, you say have every conference represented. Is mine not counted because I didn't represent the 2?

bullseye

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2014, 09:15:00 pm
Dollarway might be even more dangerous now after a loss.
I agree!! They are freaking beast. #10 is crazy good!!

LJ06

WPWells

Thanks. Helena-West Helena was #11 and Newport #12 by my numbers

Big Fan

Good poll, but not sold on Pea Ridge.  Their best win is at Prairie Grove in a close one and PG is down from where they are normally.  No other wins on their schedule come close to the PG win. 

Some are missing on HWH.  One point loss on the road to 5A Forrest City and a one point loss at conference foe CAC.  Their best wins are at home against Newport and on the road at Stuttgart......and the games weren't close. 

TBone70

Quote from: Big Fan on October 26, 2014, 09:28:44 pm
Good poll, but not sold on Pea Ridge.  Their best win is at Prairie Grove in a close one and PG is down from where they are normally.  No other wins on their schedule come close to the PG win. 

Some are missing on HWH.  One point loss on the road to 5A Forrest City and a one point loss at conference foe CAC.  Their best wins are at home against Newport and on the road at Stuttgart......and the games weren't close.
Good Point. On HWH

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Big Fan on October 26, 2014, 09:28:44 pm

The final score wasn't close at Stuttgart. But that was a 12-7 game with 10 min. left and unfortunately 2 penalties on two consecutive 4th down stops gave the Cougars new life and set up their 3rd TD. I'm not sure they can win more than one game in the playoffs.

But I could be wrong...

lion1997

Looks like the 8-4A is the SEC West of Arkansas High School football.  I am also impressed with Crossett.  Talk about a sleeper in the playoffs.  They are going to give a number l seed fits.  I don't know a lot about who Courson is on their defense, but he is one tough player.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: LJ06 on October 26, 2014, 08:42:09 pm
All I can tell ya'll is talk to people who've seen both Hamburg and Warren play.  Most if not all are saying Warren will win.  Whats that tell ya?
He is right...we've played them both and I can say with really no hesitation now that warrenhas no QB issues they are the better team.

EagleForLife12

Quote from: lion1997 on October 27, 2014, 06:09:37 pm
Looks like the 8-4A is the SEC West of Arkansas High School football.  I am also impressed with Crossett.  Talk about a sleeper in the playoffs.  They are going to give a number l seed fits.  I don't know a lot about who Courson is on their defense, but he is one tough player.
He's Brandon Courson, a Sr. He was a pretty good receiver in Jr high,put on some weight and became 1 heck of a linebacker. I guess he didn't lose too much athleticism. And I do agree I think we can upset a number 1 or 2 sees from the 4a2. As for the other four teams in our conference,  all am I going to say is strap on your war boots to the rest of the 4A in about 2 weeks.

LJ06

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on October 27, 2014, 06:15:33 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on October 26, 2014, 08:42:09 pm
He is right...we've played them both and I can say with really no hesitation now that warrenhas no QB issues they are the better team.

Now its like the 4th quarter of the Crossett game for the entire game.

LJ06

Unless Crossett upsets Star City they will be the 5th seed.  They will play the winner of the 2-4A in the 1st round.  Crossett can give that team fits no matter who it is and could possibly pull it off.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas