• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pettway to Hogs!

Started by RabidWolf, October 26, 2014, 02:06:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RabidWolf

Congratulations to this young man from scrapper rival Prescott. Hogs are loading up!

Scrappcheerdad

The kid is a great athlete and a fine young man. I think he plays safety in college and with hard work has a chance at the next level. I wish him all the best and will be cheering for him. WPS

retiredplayer

they are slowing putting it together on the hill.  hopefully Arkansas wont go three years in a row without a conference win

cuckoobird

Quote from: retiredplayer on October 27, 2014, 11:46:17 am
they are slowing putting it together on the hill.  hopefully Arkansas wont go three years in a row without a conference win
for that to happen CBB would have to lose all conference games next year too. John L won one 2 conference games Kentucky and auburn

FootBallar21

Hopfully he doesn't jog and play half speed at the next level,  I was very Unimpressed watching the Mena game!   when the ball wasn't coming to him,  he was jogging around! 

~WPS~

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 27, 2014, 05:19:08 pm
Hopfully he doesn't jog and play half speed at the next level,  I was very Unimpressed watching the Mena game!   when the ball wasn't coming to him,  he was jogging around!
I was unimpressed with every single player on Mena's team.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 27, 2014, 05:26:01 pm

nice,  no one on Mena playing DI,  PEttiway is and might have the athletic ability,  but didn't look like he Cared,  he will go to Arkansas and NEVER see the filed! 

~WPS~

How about you just worry about your own team that just got blown out instead of criticizing someone else that you don't know or know anything about.

arklasports57

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 27, 2014, 06:16:02 pm

nice,  no one on Mena playing DI,  PEttiway is and might have the athletic ability,  but didn't look like he Cared,  he will go to Arkansas and NEVER see the filed!

So sad. It's fine for the adults to have some good fun ribbing but leave the kids out of it. They've worked hard to be where they are and deserve respect instead of being used as bait to p**s off the opponents.

Big Fan

Quote from: arklasports57 on October 27, 2014, 06:58:08 pm
So sad. It's fine for the adults to have some good fun ribbing but leave the kids out of it. .
Great advice that more should follow.....positive or negative.  +1

Scrappcheerdad

So was he jogging when he took it 96 yards for a score on your sorry team ?

hawgfan15

I shouldn't be surprised. Grow up little man.

Still especially upset from that beat down I see. Move along

cobra88

He looked like he was jogging against FL and he didn't make one big play. And of course, the Scrapper lost that game! He may have talent to go to the next level, but will he actually use it??? I doubt it! I wish him luck though, because I will always be a hog fan, just wish they would be a little more selective with their scholarships!

The Coach

Quote from: cobra88 on October 27, 2014, 09:15:03 pm
He looked like he was jogging against FL and he didn't make one big play. And of course, the Scrapper lost that game! He may have talent to go to the next level, but will he actually use it??? I doubt it! I wish him luck though, because I will always be a hog fan, just wish they would be a little more selective with their scholarships!

Selective like every SEC school that has offered him.

iliveformarch

If you have a DI player you should be able to beat Lincoln for goodness sakes. Prairie Grove beat Lincoln by 4 scores last year and Booneville beat Lincoln by 5 scores last year. The coach must not being doing something right to have a SEC player and not beat Lincoln. PG and Booneville didnt have D1 talent... Nashville has too much hype except for that Whitmore kid back in the day.

theeunderdog4

Pettway is a very gifted young man... He may not play so hard right now but remember, he is going to an SEC school. One that is struggling now but will be a competitive program soon. Beleima will have the kid ready to play and if Pettway doesn't like it, then he can ride the bench. However the sky is the limit for him if he works hard, stays out of trouble and is coachable. Good luck!

Scrappcheerdad

Looks like a couple jealous D-bags commenting on him. What's the saying haters gonna hate.

cuckoobird

I think he plays defense up on the hill

Top Shelf

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 27, 2014, 06:16:02 pm

sCorEboArD

theeunderdog4

I dont think he will play defense, but you never know. He has too much potential as a receiver!

FootBallar21

Everyone is entitled to their OWN OPININON and the only one especially upset is you selective Nashville Fans who can't take criticism,     I could care less about the Mena Nashville game right now its over ,  I have said I think Nashville is Clearly the best 7-4A team what more do you idiots want,  The fact of the matter is he didn't seem like he wanted to be out there Friday, and even seeing him interact with his teammates after that pick 6,  they went to give him high 5's he just walked away from them like who cares,   but he is a great athletic and if he gets it together can be really good, he just has to show up and play every play and not take plays off,    I feel bad for you select few Nashville fans who feel the need to make everything personal and act like BILLY BAD butt's on the internet over someone disagreeing about your Beloved Nashville team,   you must not have much of a real life outside of this and I truly feel sorry for you guys!      Good Luck to Pettiway though, as I do hope he does Great,  as I am a die hard Razorback fan,     

TIGER101

Congratulations to the young man.  I hope nothing but the best for him.  They don't just hand those schollies out to just anyone.  Hogs must see something.   I haven't had the chance to see him play this year, but have seen him in the past.  Can someone give me his TRUE size and speed this year and give us a realistic difference in why some think he will be a better defensive player.  WPS!!!!!

FootBallar21

Quote from: TIGER101 on October 28, 2014, 09:10:23 am
Congratulations to the young man.  I hope nothing but the best for him.  They don't just hand those schollies out to just anyone.  Hogs must see something.   I haven't had the chance to see him play this year, but have seen him in the past.  Can someone give me his TRUE size and speed this year and give us a realistic difference in why some think he will be a better defensive player.  WPS!!!!!

just looking during the game compared to some Mena players I know their size,  He may not be 6'3" but he is at least 6'2" probably 185 lbs ,   
Very few Corners with his size have the ability to be quick enough to play DI .    He might be able to play safety,  but ultimately the Razorbacks need him more on defense and having someone in the secondary with his Size would be amazing ,   I think he will fit more and be a much better player at WR at the next level!

hawgfan15

He is 6'3 205 and runs a legit 4.5. He reminds me of Matt Jones kind of with the way he runs, long strides. He will be a WR at Arkansas

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 28, 2014, 09:36:32 am

He is 6'3 205 and runs a legit 4.5. He reminds me of Matt Jones kind of with the way he runs, long strides. He will be a WR at Arkansas
Honestly I think it's going to come down to a matter of need. I think they need a steve Atwater type DB more than they need another wide receiver.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 28, 2014, 10:02:45 am

Honestly I think it's going to come down to a matter of need. I think they need a steve Atwater type DB more than they need another wide receiver.
we need recievers that can get seperation.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on October 28, 2014, 10:05:09 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on October 28, 2014, 10:02:45 am

we need recievers that can get seperation.
we need db's who can cover up when it gets cold worse

Big Fan

Apparently he is still just 16, not 17 till March.  A LOT of physical development to go.  That is what the Hogs see. BB likes players in the 6-3 230 range with speed that can fill a lot of different needs. 

owl84

What we need is a game changing QB which we don't have.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Big Fan on October 28, 2014, 10:13:25 am

Apparently he is still just 16, not 17 till March.  A LOT of physical development to go.  That is what the Hogs see. BB likes players in the 6-3 230 range with speed that can fill a lot of different needs. 

if he already is legit 6'3" ,  and only 16,  this question of what position maybe answered rather quickly,   because he will likely outgrow the DB position,   not sure the hogs or any other SEC schools have had or have any 6'4" or 6'5" DB's .   

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: owl84 on October 28, 2014, 10:20:38 am
doesn't matter if recievers can't get open and line can't protect.

cuckoobird

Sometimes they do get open and he either misses them or never reads down to them. Im with owl

hawgfan15

He is close to 6'4 already but I said 6'3 to be safe. He could be 220 and not lose any speed. When you see him now he looks about 180 but he is a solid 205.

He is a WR at the next level. There aren't a lot of 6'3 205 high school WR's with good hands and speed in the country. Which is exactly what Arkansas needs. Right now in high school he is just a great D1 athlete making plays on defense. When you see him you think WR not safety.

He has been doubled all season long. I think Malvern might try and single cover him. At least for the first half anyways

AirWarren

Quote from: owl84 on October 28, 2014, 10:20:38 am

Doesn't matter. No WRs.

TIGER101

The position he plays will be determined when he gets on campus. 
I wouldn't put much into him getting separation because like someone else said our qp either wouldn't see him or overthrow him

AirWarren

Coach B is looking for the type of WR he had at Wisconsin that was a dandy. Nick Toon. He is 6'4 218 I believe. Deep threat and possession WR.

TIGER101

He better find a qb who can throw it to them or it doesn't matter if Jerry Rice was there.

AirWarren

A quarterback is as only as good as his WRs.

It's evident when BA puts the ball in his WRs hands and in between the numbers of their jerseys and they still drop it. It's happened multiple times this year.

Do I think we can do better than BA? Yup. Do I think the backup of his can, nope. But his completion percentage and TD/int ratio is tons better this year than last. Fact.

panthers fan

Congrats from Ashdown. It's funny how you may not like a player when they are playing against the school your kids go to but when they become a Hog you will cheer for them. I didn't like Hunter Henry from PA when they were in conference, but I like watching him play now.

TIGER101

Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 02:27:37 pm

It's evident when BA puts the ball in his WRs hands and in between the numbers of their jerseys and they still drop it. It's happened multiple times this year.

Do I think we can do better than BA? Yup. Do I think the backup of his can, nope. But his completion percentage and TD/int ratio is tons better this year than last. Fact.

Yes sir AW, I agree but still say Arkansas is the only team in SEC he could play for.  He's not scaring any defense in the 4th quarter but still root for him cause he's a hog.

armchajrhog5

Quote from: Big Fan on October 27, 2014, 07:02:57 pm
Quote from: arklasports57 on October 27, 2014, 06:58:08 pm
So sad. It's fine for the adults to have some good fun ribbing but leave the kids out of it. .
Great advice that more should follow.....positive or negative.  +1

+2

AirWarren

Quote from: TIGER101 on October 28, 2014, 02:44:04 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 02:27:37 pm

Yes sir AW, I agree but still say Arkansas is the only team in SEC he could play for.  He's not scaring any defense in the 4th quarter but still root for him cause he's a hog.

You may be right. But he is what we got and he needs the fanbase behind him.

cuckoobird

Possibly time to just move to the next guy. Can it really be worse? If so, yank some schollies and start over

AirWarren

I think coach b knows what he is doing and who has the best option to win. After seeing Austin throw, it's evident why he is number 2.

With that said, I don't think either Allen will take us to the promise land. However they and coach have my support until the leave.

EagleForLife12

Anybody think Storey can make a push for the job next year since I hear he's enrolling early?

hawgfan15

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on October 28, 2014, 05:52:33 pm
Anybody think Storey can make a push for the job next year since I hear he's enrolling early?

I doubt next year. But he is the future

EagleForLife12

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 28, 2014, 06:00:35 pm
Quote from: EagleForLife12 on October 28, 2014, 05:52:33 pm

I doubt next year. But he is the future
I hope the near future

Big Fan

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 28, 2014, 05:27:09 pm
Possibly time to just move to the next guy. Can it really be worse?

Yes

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 28, 2014, 05:27:09 pm
If so, yank some schollies and start over
That's the answer!  Then watch the interest from top recruits and their parents hit an all-time high.

FTR.........BA is not why we lost the A&M or Bama game.  He has played well enough for us to be 6-2. 

Bigbossman

Quote from: cobra88 on October 27, 2014, 09:15:03 pm
Great post richard noggin.

BannerMountainMan

I don't think this thread is supposed to be about Brandon Allen

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas