• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which #1 Seed will lose in the 1st or 2nd round ?

Started by Bigredhog1971, October 26, 2014, 03:45:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

iliveformarch

WPWells

They also have one of the top public schools in the state

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 27, 2014, 04:23:18 pm #52 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:33:24 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD

[/quote]
Lol you seem salty. Haha Alma would roll over you all no matter the year they have. Anyways, I'll be back mid November to say hello!
[/quote]Keep thinking that scoutboy!!!!!!!  And spare us your visit, it's not needed....bye-bye ;)

The Coach

Quote from: iliveformarch on October 27, 2014, 04:22:19 pm
Hush and answer the question ::) :)

What question? You never asked a question you just started spouting out crap that's irrelevant to this topic.

DogsWin7

Dardanelle is good for their conference.   That is all though.

WPWells

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 27, 2014, 04:28:24 pm

Disagree. I think they'll win 4A state

D-TOWN LIZARD

Quote from: iliveformarch on October 27, 2014, 04:22:19 pm
Hush and answer the question ::) :)
Coach and 12th man-  He does live for March.....probably to pick his pansies

DogsWin7

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 27, 2014, 04:28:56 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 27, 2014, 04:28:24 pm

Disagree. I think they'll win 4A state

12th Man, my post was in relation to whomever said Dardanelle would beat Alma. 

WPWells

DogsWin7

I personally don't think they would beat Nashville either.   No way Dardanelles would beat Alma.   That's just lack of football sense. 

hawgfan15

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on October 27, 2014, 04:14:30 pm
Quote from: The Coach on October 27, 2014, 04:07:53 pm
Quote from: X-Factor #1 on October 27, 2014, 11:57:54 am
I've watched both Dardanelle and Nashville this season.... Two different worlds. But I know Dardanelle faithful won't believe it until they see it. Dardanelle plays in a very very weak conference.

Dardanelle would be the best team that Nashville has seen and the same for Dardanelle if that games happens.
I agree. Those are just two of the teams I've watched in this class. However, I think there is about 4 other teams that would hand it to both those teams.

Who are those 4?

Gray lizard

It does not take a lot to say a team will be out buy the second round.  I think it starts with 30 teams and after the second round only 8 teams will be left.  So 22 teams will be out.  Will Dardanelle be one of the 22 or one of the 8. Who knows but I hope they are one of the 8.  They were one of the 22 last season and I think they have put in the work to continue at least another game or two.  Any special knowledge or data to prove that NO, but that is what makes following high school football so much fun.  I hope I get to see a Warren or Nashville game.  It is how you measure a program.  Good luck to all the teams and keep supporting your teams.  Even the crazy ideas of how great your local teams are.  That is what makes reading the post fun.

I know nothing about Alma and it really does not matter because they will never meet on the field and I could care less if they ever do.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 27, 2014, 05:13:24 pm
It does not take a lot to say a team will be out buy the second round.  I think it starts with 30 teams and after the second round only 8 teams will be left.  So 22 teams will be out.  Will Dardanelle be one of the 22 or one of the 8. Who knows but I hope they are one of the 8.  They were one of the 22 last season and I think they have put in the work to continue at least another game or two.  Any special knowledge or data to prove that NO, but that is what makes following high school football so much fun.  I hope I get to see a Warren or Nashville game.  It is how you measure a program.  Good luck to all the teams and keep supporting your teams.  Even the crazy ideas of how great your local teams are.  That is what makes reading the post fun.

I know nothing about Alma and it really does not matter because they will never meet on the field and I could care less if they ever do.
+1 :)

FootBallar21

I've watched both Dardanelle and Nashville this season.... Two different worlds. But I know Dardanelle faithful won't believe it until they see it. Dardanelle plays in a very very weak conference.

Dardanelle would be the best team that Nashville has seen and the same for Dardanelle if that games happens.

That will be True for Dardanelle,  But you can't at this point say , Dardanelle would be the best team Nashville has played,   Mena, Arkadelphia, Malvern might have something to say about that !     

The Coach

October 27, 2014, 06:02:20 pm #64 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:09:29 pm by The Coach
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 27, 2014, 05:15:19 pm

That will be True for Dardanelle,  But you can't at this point say , Dardanelle would be the best team Nashville has played,   Mena, Arkadelphia, Malvern might have something to say about that !   

I feel confident in saying Dardanelle is better then Mena and pretty confident they are as good as the other 2.

I'd say Booneville is better then Mena and prolly as good as the other 2 or not far from it and that's the best team Dardanelle has played this season IMO. Only time will tell.

BannerMountainMan

How is Nashville so much better than Dardanelle?

SandRattler

Heck win or lose I love all the attention the Sand Lizards are getting. The Moron haters might be right and only time will tell. Its a great town with great people and a great bunch of kids playing football each Friday night. The kids give it their best and are having a blast. They intend on going the distance and it amazes me the people who can hate on kids like this. Go Lizards!!!!!!!!! :-* :-* :-*

Bigredhog1971

Just because people are saying the sand lizards will lose Im the 1st or 2nd round doesnt mean they are bad mouthing the kids.If Dardanelle does make to the last 4 or 8 or even the last 2 they will have earned it by playing some good teams.

phdefense

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on October 27, 2014, 03:59:10 pm
Quote from: Gray lizard on October 27, 2014, 02:21:35 pm
Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on October 27, 2014, 01:57:41 pm
Oh, we have a SCOUT master on our hands!!!!  It doesn't matter what you have seen or haven't seen.  It all depends on how the teams play and which players may or may not be playing on that given night! So SCOUT AWAY you pro scout you!!!!!!!!

He got his talent from watching all the quality players from the Airedales.
Dardanelle would beat Alma too, right? LOL.
Yes, they would and by 2 touchdowns most likely.

shiloh forever

Quote from: phdefense on October 27, 2014, 09:27:58 pm
Oh, we have a SCOUT master on our hands!!!!  It doesn't matter what you have seen or haven't seen.  It all depends on how the teams play and which players may or may not be playing on that given night! So SCOUT AWAY you pro scout you!!!!!!!!

Ignorance is bliss. I'm no longer affiliated with the program but you couldn't even put the two teams on paper together

shiloh forever

With that being said. I do wish Dardanelle a great season. Didn't mean to make you Lizards all mad. I was just saying I've watched both teams play (Nashville and Dard) and Nashville is way ahead.

phdefense

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on October 27, 2014, 10:02:19 pm

Ignorance is bliss. I'm no longer affiliated with the program but you couldn't even put the two teams on paper together
Pottsville, Russellville and Alma are all relatively equal. Look at what Dardanelle did to Pottsville, they are a level above Alma. Every year no. This year yes.

theeunderdog4

I dont see how yall think Dardanelle isnt good. They made it to the second round of the playoffs last year and lost to Dollarway I believe. Not sure of the exact number but I know they returned a lot of key players this year and yes they are playing in a little weaker conference, but they are blowing all these teams out of the water! 28-0 against Booneville is a good win. Holding Booneville to 0 is hard I dont care how you look at it. Their defense is nasty and their QB is about the size of Arkie QB, but faster and throws better. I would hate to play them in the first couple rounds, wouldnt be surprised of they make it to War Memorial.

The Coach

Quote from: theeunderdog4 on October 27, 2014, 10:29:28 pm
I dont see how yall think Dardanelle isnt good. They made it to the second round of the playoffs last year and lost to Dollarway I believe. Not sure of the exact number but I know they returned a lot of key players this year and yes they are playing in a little weaker conference, but they are blowing all these teams out of the water! 28-0 against Booneville is a good win. Holding Booneville to 0 is hard I dont care how you look at it. Their defense is nasty and their QB is about the size of Arkie QB, but faster and throws better. I would hate to play them in the first couple rounds, wouldnt be surprised of they make it to War Memorial.

They lost to Warren in the 2nd round.

shiloh forever

Quote from: phdefense on October 27, 2014, 10:18:10 pm

Pottsville, Russellville and Alma are all relatively equal. Look at what Dardanelle did to Pottsville, they are a level above Alma. Every year no. This year yes.
Wouldn't even be close.

noonerricky

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 26, 2014, 04:37:15 pm
Newport also beat Nettleton which looks to be the 3 seed behind Wynne and batesville. Which you can say is pretty good. The 5a east definitely looks tougher then the west. I have nothing against the 7. Or the teams in it. Just simply bringing up the 2 & 7 may not be so different.
As for the hounds. They are banged up right now and it showed Friday night. But if they can get through CAC and get to southside and maybe get a little more healthy.
Anybody in region 7 besides Waldron could keep up with nettleton. Newport would get third in that terrible conference. But I guarantee Newport or any region 2 team would keep up with lake Hamilton like Malvern did. CAC is terrible too

DogsWin7

phdefense

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on October 27, 2014, 11:49:23 pm

Wouldn't even be close.
Dardanelle wouldn't blow Alma out, but they would beat them convincingly. Like I said not every year, but this year they would.

LJ06

Quote from: theeunderdog4 on October 27, 2014, 10:29:28 pm

Dardanelle lost to Warren 48-13 in the second round last year

FootBallar21

who cares,  this post has gotten way off base,    lets just wait a few weeks and everything will come into light we will see if Dardanelle is for real,  and if the 7 and 8-4A's really have 3,4 teams good enough to make it to Little Rock! 

AirWarren

Dardanelle fans are kind of like Arkies last year. Coming out of the woodworks.

Y'all remember that hurting Warren put on y'all last year? We have 90% of that same team back. We will leave it at that.

D-TOWN LIZARD

DogsWin7

Quote from: phdefense on October 28, 2014, 09:44:03 am
Quote from: X-Factor #1 on October 27, 2014, 11:49:23 pm

Wouldn't even be close.
Dardanelle wouldn't blow Alma out, but they would beat them convincingly. Like I said not every year, but this year they would.
Have you seen Alma play this year?     Dardenelle wasn't that great last year or the year before.  I find it hard to believe they have improved that much, and certainly know that the talent level in 4A is no way comparable to the talent in 6A.....in my opinion.   

mastiff

So by your logic, if talented kids from 6A schools were to transfer to 4A schools, they wouldn't be as talented anymore? Seems crazy because I thought a talented kid was talented no matter what classification they are in.  ???

GO WILDCATS!!!!!

DogsWin7

Quote from: mastiff on October 28, 2014, 12:09:14 pm
So by your logic, if talented kids from 6A schools were to transfer to 4A schools, they wouldn't be as talented anymore? Seems crazy because I thought a talented kid was talented no matter what classification they are in.  ???

GO WILDCATS!!!!!

No.  I was meaning the overall competitive play in the game of football.    I can't believe that some seriously believe that a 4A team could come in a whip a 6A team.   That is like saying that UAPB would have actually had a shot at beating The Razorbacks.    It doesn't work that way.    The level of competition and experience adds up over the years.   Ask Dardenelle if they want to play Greenwood or SS too?   And see if they match up.     

cuckoobird

There are plenty of 4a and below schools that could beat 6a schools.

AirWarren

October 28, 2014, 12:22:57 pm #86 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:34:36 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 28, 2014, 12:14:36 pm

GO WILDCATS!!!!!

No.  I was meaning the overall competitive play in the game of football.    I can't believe that some seriously believe that a 4A team could come in a whip a 6A team.   That is like saying that UAPB would have actually had a shot at beating The Razorbacks.    It doesn't work that way.    The level of competition and experience adds up over the years.   Ask Dardenelle if they want to play Greenwood or SS too?   And see if they match up.     

We matched up. Took southside a last minute drive in the fourth quarter to beat Warren this year.

We have also handed Watson Chapel, who was 6A at the time, and Sheridan some pretty good beat downs.

Outside of Greenwood, Eldorado, LH, Pine Bluff, and now a rising Jonesboro team...the 6A may be the second worst conference top to bottom behind the 2A.

Jack1990

Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 12:22:57 pm

GO WILDCATS!!!!!

We matched up. Took southside a last minute drive in the fourth quarter to beat Warren this year.

We have also handed Watson Chapel, who was 6A at the time, and Sheridan some pretty good beat downs.

Outside of Greenwood, Eldorado, Pine Bluff, and now a rising Jonesboro team...the 6A may be the second worst conference top to bottom behind the 2A.
I was just about to mention these games. 

phdefense

Quote from: Jack1990 on October 28, 2014, 12:25:36 pm

GO WILDCATS!!!!!

Outside of Greenwood, Eldorado, Pine Bluff, and now a rising Jonesboro team...the 6A may be the second worst conference top to bottom behind the 2A.
Stuttgart put a beat down on Mt. Home in 2006 and that was the year MH played AHS for the title.

AirWarren

October 28, 2014, 12:29:24 pm #89 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:33:16 pm by AirWarren
6A schools.

Alma 4-4
Russellville 2-6
Siloam Springs 3-5
VB 4-4
Jonesboro 6-2
Marion 1-7
Mountain Home 0-8
Searcy 3-5
Benton 7-0-1
El Dorado 5-3
Lake Hamilton 5-3
LR Hall 0-7-1
Pine Bluff 6-2
Sheridan 2-6
Texarkana 2-6

50-68-1 if my math is correct. As an overall record for the teams.

The 6A is a joke of a conference.

AirWarren

Quote from: phdefense on October 28, 2014, 12:28:06 pm
Quote from: Jack1990 on October 28, 2014, 12:25:36 pm

GO WILDCATS!!!!!

Stuttgart put a beat down on Mt. Home in 2006 and that was the year MH played AHS for the title.

Just brings to light how uninformed that comment was.

Jack1990

DogsWin7

October 28, 2014, 12:36:58 pm #92 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:39:58 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 12:29:24 pm
6A schools.

Alma 4-4
Russellville 2-6
Siloam Springs 3-5
VB 4-4
Jonesboro 6-2
Marion 1-7
Mountain Home 0-8
Searcy 3-5
Benton 7-0-1
El Dorado 5-3
Lake Hamilton 5-3
LR Hall 0-7-1
Pine Bluff 6-2
Sheridan 2-6
Texarkana 2-6

I'm so uninformed that you left out Greenwood in that 6A list there AirWarren.   And under any normal conditions a 4A school isn't going to come in and beat any 6A school.  Period.  The sheer number of players for one for rotation of in out of plays and downs.....the number of players to pick for overall size, and talent is more because the schools are bigger.  And BTW...you didn't beat SS.   

phdefense

October 28, 2014, 12:41:14 pm #93 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:43:51 pm by phdefense
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 28, 2014, 12:36:58 pm
6A schools.

Alma 4-4
Russellville 2-6
Siloam Springs 3-5
VB 4-4
Jonesboro 6-2
Marion 1-7
Mountain Home 0-8
Searcy 3-5
Benton 7-0-1
El Dorado 5-3
Lake Hamilton 5-3
LR Hall 0-7-1
Pine Bluff 6-2
Sheridan 2-6
Texarkana 2-6

I'm so uninformed that you left out Greenwood in that 6A list there AirWarren.   And under any normal conditions a 4A school isn't going to come in and beat any 6A school.  Period.  The sheer number of players for one for rotation of in out of plays and downs.....the number of players to pick for overall size, and talent is more because the schools are bigger.
Define normal conditions. Because most 4A schools can and will beat LR Hall.

AirWarren

Hahaha.

Numbers. Star city has 60 kids. Hamburg has close to 70. Nashville the same. We had 36 and took it too Southside all game long.

Uninformed.

Jack1990

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 28, 2014, 12:36:58 pm
6A schools.

Alma 4-4
Russellville 2-6
Siloam Springs 3-5
VB 4-4
Jonesboro 6-2
Marion 1-7
Mountain Home 0-8
Searcy 3-5
Benton 7-0-1
El Dorado 5-3
Lake Hamilton 5-3
LR Hall 0-7-1
Pine Bluff 6-2
Sheridan 2-6
Texarkana 2-6

I'm so uninformed that you left out Greenwood in that 6A list there AirWarren.   And under any normal conditions a 4A school isn't going to come in and beat any 6A school.  Period.  The sheer number of players for one for rotation of in out of plays and downs.....the number of players to pick for overall size, and talent is more because the schools are bigger.  And BTW...you didn't beat SS.   
Add in Greenwood and now it is 55-71-2.  Still say on a one shot game, 4A can compete with 6A.  It has happened in the past, and it will continue to happen.

AirWarren

Quote6A schools.

Greenweird 5-3
Alma 4-4
Russellville 2-6
Siloam Springs 3-5
VB 4-4
Jonesboro 6-2
Marion 1-7
Mountain Home 0-8
Searcy 3-5
Benton 7-0-1
El Dorado 5-3
Lake Hamilton 5-3
LR Hall 0-7-1
Pine Bluff 6-2
Sheridan 2-6
Texarkana 2-6

55-71-2

There I added Greenwood in for the whiner.

DogsWin7

Okay.... maybe I didn't know the numbers of Warren but you still failed to beat SS.   So you arguing that the game of football is just a game??     Classifications, size, and talent doesn't matter?     A great 2A school could come in a whip a 4A school or say Bentonville for that matter.   I might could rationally see maybe 1 jump in classification but not 2 or more.   The sheer talent, size, and number of players to choose from plus, level of competition in games of who they play is not comparable....in my opinion.   And that is my opinion.   

Kind of like The Citidale came in and whipped The University of Arkansas and Jack Crowe was replaced the next day?   That should not have happened under normal conditions. Period.

AirWarren

Junction city has beaten teams bigger than them.
Shiloh has does the same when they were in 2A.
So has Rison.

I do not believe classes matter. I don't believe numbers matter. IF numbers mattered, we would have lost to Hamburg, Valley View, Arkadelphia, Star city last year with 44 players. Those teams had nearly 20 more kids than we did. By this rationale Booneville should have thrown the towel in on "numbers" in the title game because I think they had 35 players last year. Warren had 50 on the sideline last year at the title game and guess who won 4A last year. 

So are you saying that a LR hall, mountain home, Marion, VB, Siloam, Sheridan, Texarkana have MORE talent simply because of a larger number of classification than say a Warren? Because Warren mercy rules those teams along with about 10 other 4A schools this year and year in and out.  If you think this way then you lack a significant number of knowledge of a lot of teams that aren't named Waldron or Greenwood.

DogsWin7

You are entitled to your opinion AirWarren...and maybe you are right.  But I guess we have both failed to mention the Coaches role in all of this.  huh? 

I just can't seem to think that if you have a bigger school that you aren't going to have more kids to chose from for certain positions.(talent)  It allows you to rest your players more so that some don't have to play both ways etc. the rotation is less.  Don't I read all of you on here argue that sometimes a team can't go the distance?   

Also, I have witnessed Dardenelle play for the past few years.....and I asked the simple question if Ph or any of you have seen Alma play this year?   Still no answer. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas