• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which #1 Seed will lose in the 1st or 2nd round ?

Started by Bigredhog1971, October 26, 2014, 03:45:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

October 28, 2014, 02:20:37 pm #100 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:22:20 pm by AirWarren
I have witnessed dardanelle play. Last year. I have not seen alma play other than on highlight reels. I think, if dardanelle is as good as advertised, could play with and beat alma this year.

Coaches play a huge role. Warren was a solid program before coach Hembree but he has taken it to another level since he became head coach in 1999. Most of these 6a schools have no coaching, athletes, boosters, or talent to put a decent team on the field. It's evident. Greenwood, LH, eldorado, pine bluff and Jonesboro do. That's why I believe that most 4a schools would have a tough time beating these schools every year. But it could be done.

I can only speak for warren playing up because we always play the bigger schools it seems. While we haven't won many of them, we have beaten some bigger schools and even lead some of the games up until depth took over. Which in this case you do win the argument. Depth matters but not the class. From top to bottom I think 4a has better football players outside of the top 5 in the 6. It's all about depth but 4a has several schools that easily dress out 60 players year in and year out. The year we played Nashville in the title game, we had 63 players and Nashville had closer to 70. All about depth.

Warren since Hembree has been coached have played several big schools.

Springdale. Lost it in the 4th due to springdales depth. They had 90 players we had 40.

Bryant. Lost it in the second half and their QB zach cardinal was a dandy.

Not exactly sure of the years

Watson chapel. Played them twice and we won once by a large margin.
Sheridan. Mercy rule games.
Pine bluff. They beat us twice.
Fayetteville. Lost by 14 with 4 injuries in that game, 2 season ending.
Fort smith Southside. Lost on the final drive and was up the entire game.

It all came down to depth. The three games against pine bluff and WC we lost were some of Bo's lowest level of talent that he has had in his 15 years.

LJ06

Warren is 3-3 against 6A and 6-7-1 against 5A since the 2006 6 classification split.  Not too shabby.

pgfan2016

No 4-1a teams win any games.  PG has the most talent followed by Shiloh and Pea Ridge but PG would have slippery fingers in the desert.   They can't hold on to the ball and the others are just not that good.

shiloh forever

October 28, 2014, 08:21:26 pm #103 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:31:51 pm by X-Factor #1
Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 12:29:24 pm
6A schools.

Alma 4-4
Russellville 2-6
Siloam Springs 3-5
VB 4-4
Jonesboro 6-2
Marion 1-7
Mountain Home 0-8
Searcy 3-5
Benton 7-0-1
El Dorado 5-3
Lake Hamilton 5-3
LR Hall 0-7-1
Pine Bluff 6-2
Sheridan 2-6
Texarkana 2-6

50-68-1 if my math is correct. As an overall record for the teams.

The 6A is a joke of a conference.
Wanna know how I know you're an idiot? Most Alma and other 6a teams  opponents are 7A. And that's a joke too right? Lol. I'm sorry but comparing 4a to 6a is a complete joke. Alma has beat two 7A Schools  this year as well and that's a joke too right? And from what I've been told three losses come from where  Alma had hurt qb. Just think before you speak and make yourself look stupid. Anyways lizards, I'll be at the game Friday. Good luck to all!

AirWarren

An idiot calling someone an idiot. That's rich.

DogsWin7

October 28, 2014, 08:31:56 pm #105 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:34:28 pm by DiehardFBfan
Nm

shiloh forever

Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 08:24:33 pm
An idiot calling someone an idiot. That's rich.
Yep, I'm an idiot. Except I've worked for Warren schools for 2 years in a time period you mentioned above. Not that is rich my friend :)

AT

October 28, 2014, 08:36:07 pm #107 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:38:53 pm by Almatrackster
AW you have to admit that looking at an overall record of 6A teams to make an argument here isn't the best.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on October 28, 2014, 08:21:26 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 12:29:24 pm
6A schools.

Alma 4-4
Russellville 2-6
Siloam Springs 3-5
VB 4-4
Jonesboro 6-2
Marion 1-7
Mountain Home 0-8
Searcy 3-5
Benton 7-0-1
El Dorado 5-3
Lake Hamilton 5-3
LR Hall 0-7-1
Pine Bluff 6-2
Sheridan 2-6
Texarkana 2-6

50-68-1 if my math is correct. As an overall record for the teams.

The 6A is a joke of a conference.
Wanna know how I know you're an idiot? Most Alma and other 6a teams  opponents are 7A. And that's a joke too right? Lol. I'm sorry but comparing 4a to 6a is a complete joke. Alma has beat two 7A Schools  this year as well and that's a joke too right? And from what I've been told three losses come from where  Alma had hurt qb. Just think before you speak and make yourself look stupid. Anyways lizards, I'll be at the game Friday. Good luck to all!
Don't start bringing facts into the equation you'll just confuse him.

AirWarren

Then another idiot follows.

6a/7a merger is old news. The topic concerned 6a schools only. Try again.

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 08:42:20 pm

You should have never let a woman draw you into this argument. 

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

So the records you showed were the teams records against only 6A schools?

AirWarren

Nope. My post was 6a team records. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Big Fan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 28, 2014, 08:48:46 pm

So the records you showed were the teams records against only 6A schools?
You just like to argue, don't you?  lol

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 08:52:50 pm
Ok, so the fact that some of those were against 7A schools means nothing. Got it.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 28, 2014, 08:55:49 pm
Ok, so the fact that some of those were against 7A schools means nothing. Got it.

Run with it.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 08:56:31 pm

Run with it.
Nah, I prefer to live in reality. Lol

AirWarren

Big Fan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 28, 2014, 09:00:34 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 08:56:31 pm

Run with it.
Nah, I prefer to live in reality. Lol

Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 09:01:28 pm
Alrighty.

I have you both peeing about 20 feet.  Take a drink and do better. 

shiloh forever

Same guys who probably think the Razorbacks are good too. Lol.

Big Fan

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on October 28, 2014, 09:10:21 pm
Same guys who probably think the Razorbacks are good too. Lol.
They are not bad....but that is another thread. 

Preacherman

If Dardanelle gets the 1 seed out of the 4-4a, which they should, they wont stand a chance in the playoffs. The 4-4a is weak, and I know this because I am from Booneville. There has been plenty of years where we rolled through the 4-4a and then imploded in the playoffs. Dardanelle is very talented, but they are to cocky and inexperienced to put up a fight against the south Arkansas teams like Warren and Hamburg

The Coach

October 28, 2014, 10:28:48 pm #123 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:31:22 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Preacherman on October 28, 2014, 09:25:47 pm
If Dardanelle gets the 1 seed out of the 4-4a, which they should, they wont stand a chance in the playoffs. The 4-4a is weak, and I know this because I am from Booneville. There has been plenty of years where we rolled through the 4-4a and then imploded in the playoffs. Dardanelle is very talented, but they are to cocky and inexperienced to put up a fight against the south Arkansas teams like Warren and Hamburg

Dardanelle is plenty talented and experienced to play with anyone. It's high school football not the NFL.

Wonderdog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 28, 2014, 12:53:34 pm
Okay.... maybe I didn't know the numbers of Warren but you still failed to beat SS.   So you arguing that the game of football is just a game??     Classifications, size, and talent doesn't matter?     A great 2A school could come in a whip a 4A school or say Bentonville for that matter.   I might could rationally see maybe 1 jump in classification but not 2 or more.   The sheer talent, size, and number of players to choose from plus, level of competition in games of who they play is not comparable....in my opinion.   And that is my opinion.   

Kind of like The Citidale came in and whipped The University of Arkansas and Jack Crowe was replaced the next day?   That should not have happened under normal conditions. Period.
Last year 4A ashdown beat 7A west memphis. Ashdown finished somewhere in the 3-5 seed range in their conference.

Bigbossman

If Dardanelle gets the 1 seed out of the 4-4a, which they should, they wont stand a chance in the playoffs. The 4-4a is weak, and I know this because I am from Booneville. There has been plenty of years where we rolled through the 4-4a and then imploded in the playoffs. Dardanelle is very talented, but they are to cocky and inexperienced to put up a fight against the south Arkansas teams like Warren and Hamburg and Nashville
You left one out, so I took the liberty, otherwise most sensible post ive seen with regards to dardanelle in the past few weeks. Nothing against them, I hope every kid on that team grows up to be a doctor or lawyer or superhero whatever they want to be in life. But the chances of them surviving long in the playoffs is not very good.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on October 28, 2014, 10:34:25 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 28, 2014, 12:53:34 pm
Okay.... maybe I didn't know the numbers of Warren but you still failed to beat SS.   So you arguing that the game of football is just a game??     Classifications, size, and talent doesn't matter?     A great 2A school could come in a whip a 4A school or say Bentonville for that matter.   I might could rationally see maybe 1 jump in classification but not 2 or more.   The sheer talent, size, and number of players to choose from plus, level of competition in games of who they play is not comparable....in my opinion.   And that is my opinion.   

Kind of like The Citidale came in and whipped The University of Arkansas and Jack Crowe was replaced the next day?   That should not have happened under normal conditions. Period.
Last year 4A ashdown beat 7A west memphis. Ashdown finished somewhere in the 3-5 seed range in their conference.
west memphis was horrible last year........infact they are horrible this year as well. Never give ashdown very much credit......although I was a huge ashdown fan last week for about thirty minutes.......as were most all Scrapper fans.

The Coach

Quote from: Bigbossman on October 28, 2014, 10:35:58 pm
If Dardanelle gets the 1 seed out of the 4-4a, which they should, they wont stand a chance in the playoffs. The 4-4a is weak, and I know this because I am from Booneville. There has been plenty of years where we rolled through the 4-4a and then imploded in the playoffs. Dardanelle is very talented, but they are to cocky and inexperienced to put up a fight against the south Arkansas teams like Warren and Hamburg and Nashville
You left one out, so I took the liberty, otherwise most sensible post ive seen with regards to dardanelle in the past few weeks. Nothing against them, I hope every kid on that team grows up to be a doctor or lawyer or superhero whatever they want to be in life. But the chances of them surviving long in the playoffs is not very good.

Could say that about any team. It's high school football. Bet you didn't think Lincoln would beat nashville last year but, they did. Can happen to anyone.

Dardanelle could lose in the 1st round or could go 3-4 rounds deep. That's why they play because you don't know any better then anyone else.

Bigbossman

Quote from: The Coach on October 28, 2014, 10:42:48 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on October 28, 2014, 10:35:58 pm

Could say that about any team. It's high school football. Bet you didn't think Lincoln would beat nashville last year but, they did. Can happen to anyone.

Dardanelle could lose in the 1st round or could go 3-4 rounds deep. That's why they play because you don't know any better then anyone else.
actually, if you care to look, I was the only person on the lincoln/nashville thread last year that days before the game gave the game to lincoln......in fact and I could be wrong but I doubt it.....I think I had the score almost nailed.

noonerricky

Ole Legend

Quote from: pgfan2016 on October 28, 2014, 04:54:12 pm
No 4-1a teams win any games.  PG has the most talent followed by Shiloh and Pea Ridge but PG would have slippery fingers in the desert.   They can't hold on to the ball and the others are just not that good.

I strongly disagree. Just because the 4A-1 is down this year doesn't automatically mean that they won't win a playoff game. Pea Ridge is looking pretty solid, and I wouldn't pick against them in the first and second round of the playoffs. Shiloh is also a good team, they have a potent running game and they follow it up with a good passing attack. Some people just can't get used to PG not being the top dog anymore.

iivydriff

October 30, 2014, 02:30:46 pm #131 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:02:18 pm by iivydriff
Quote from: Ole Legend on October 29, 2014, 11:21:31 am

I strongly disagree. Just because the 4A-1 is down this year doesn't automatically mean that they won't win a playoff game. Pea Ridge is looking pretty solid, and I wouldn't pick against them in the first and second round of the playoffs. Shiloh is also a good team, they have a potent running game and they follow it up with a good passing attack. Some people just can't get used to PG not being the top dog anymore.

@PGfan   Maybe PG was top dog in the past cause the conf was weak back then. Whos to say PG is still not pretty good, but they just got beat by better teams? Maybe the conf is actually stronger in the top 3 or 4. Now im not saying that is the case, but it might be. I hear every season that the 1-4a is weak. and Nashville and Warren are going to be playing in Little rock. ::) Well the last two past seasons Nashville has gotten sent home by 1-4a teams. What has Warren done in the recent past? Everyone assumes to much. I heard it all two years ago. PR was playing Monticello at home in the state playoffs. All i heard was man that 8-4a Conf is the baddest in the state. PR wont be able to handle the Billies Speed. Them boys up north are slow. Thats all we heard all weak. the only speed I seen that night was from PR. and i think the score wound up 40+ to 0 PR. You would think that after repeatedly looking bad year after year because of talking smack people would learn but I guess they dont.  ;D Warren or Nashville may very well win it all. but i dont think its going to happen. PG may wind up going farther in the playoffs than shiloh or PR you just dont know. PR may go farther than ever before in the state playoffs. But someone saying the 1-4a teams wont win a game in the state playoffs. I dont know about that. In fact every year after hearing all the smack talk if you buy into it. You will be surprised how far the 1-4a teams usually do go. Dardanelle and Pocahontas, are looking pretty good. But you got the normal groups from the south talking about how weak they are. Talking about how weak the 1-4a is. Every year its the same thing. 

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 26, 2014, 02:33:27 pm
2-4a for sure.
Hi bannermountainman! I'm CatchTheGreyhound and obviously you have not met me yet!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: iivydriff on October 30, 2014, 02:30:46 pm

@PGfan   Maybe PG was top dog in the past cause the conf was weak back then. Whos to say PG is still not pretty good, but they just got beat by better teams? Maybe the conf is actually stronger in the top 3 or 4. Now im not saying that is the case, but it might be. I hear every season that the 1-4a is weak. and Nashville and Warren are going to be playing in Little rock. ::) Well the last two past seasons Nashville has gotten sent home by 1-4a teams. What has Warren done in the recent past? Everyone assumes to much. I heard it all two years ago. PR was playing Monticello at home in the state playoffs. All i heard was man that 8-4a Conf is the baddest in the state. PR wont be able to handle the Billies Speed. Them boys up north are slow. Thats all we heard all weak. the only speed I seen that night was from PR. and i think the score wound up 40+ to 0 PR. You would think that after repeatedly looking bad year after year because of talking smack people would learn but I guess they dont.  ;D Warren or Nashville may very well win it all. but i dont think its going to happen. PG may wind up going farther in the playoffs than shiloh or PR you just dont know. PR may go farther than ever before in the state playoffs. But someone saying the 1-4a teams wont win a game in the state playoffs. I dont know about that. In fact every year after hearing all the smack talk if you buy into it. You will be surprised how far the 1-4a teams usually do go. Dardanelle and Pocahontas, are looking pretty good. But you got the normal groups from the south talking about how weak they are. Talking about how weak the 1-4a is. Every year its the same thing. 

Until a 1-4a team wins a state title that isn't named Shiloh, yeah...it's gonna be the same ole 1-4a smoke.

DogsWin7

Why is it suddenly the argument Student Numbers and how we want out of certain classification becomes unimportant in certain instances?   

cuckoobird

LizardAlum10

This is to whoever said that the Dardanelle team is cocky and inexperienced..

Those boys are very humble and play for the Lord. They thank God each time their feet touch the field and thank God for every win they get. They aren't cocky in the least bit. They know that they have been blessed with a good team this year. Celebrating after a win doesn't make them cocky. It's good to see the spirits of Dardanelle being lifted by these young kids and to watch the town come together on Friday nights to cheer them on! Go Red!

Preacherman

They also havent seen speed and size like the teams down south always have.

iivydriff

October 31, 2014, 01:38:17 am #138 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:47:35 am by iivydriff
Quote from: AirWarren on October 30, 2014, 03:40:10 pm

Until a 1-4a team wins a state title that isn't named Shiloh, yeah...it's gonna be the same ole 1-4a smoke.

The Only smoke I see is what i see on here every year. The Smoke blowers from the south.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Preacherman on October 30, 2014, 11:27:38 pm
You mean teams like Malvern, Nashville, Warren, Hamburg and Dollarway? In case you forgot, all of those teams got beat by teams from the north in the playoffs last year.

BannerMountainMan

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 31, 2014, 01:51:04 pm #141 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:55:08 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
Quote from: Preacherman on October 30, 2014, 11:27:38 pm
Quote from: LizardAlum10 on October 30, 2014, 10:27:11 pm
This is to whoever said that the Dardanelle team is cocky and inexperienced..

Those boys are very humble and play for the Lord. They thank God each time their feet touch the field and thank God for every win they get. They aren't cocky in the least bit. They know that they have been blessed with a good team this year. Celebrating after a win doesn't make them cocky. It's good to see the spirits of Dardanelle being lifted by these young kids and to watch the town come together on Friday nights to cheer them on! Go Red!
preacherboy still truly upset bc the lizards beat them.....need to be more concerned about winning your conference tonight against Charleston!!!! ;D

AirWarren

Quote from: iivydriff on October 31, 2014, 01:38:17 am
Quote from: AirWarren on October 30, 2014, 03:40:10 pm

The Only smoke I see is what i see on here every year. The Smoke blowers from the south.

Foolish.

Scooter2121

2nd round Dardanelle.That Booneville win doesn't look as impressive now.

Redrock

Preacherman I'm not from dardanelle. But I have watched them play twice this year and they are big fast and physical. I really think the teams down south don't realize just how solid Dardanelle is. I think you would be well served to rethink your thoughts before you speak.

Big Fan

Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 03, 2014, 05:06:39 pm
Because they lost to Charleston?  Don't let your hate make you look foolish.  Boonville is a good team.  The Pottsville win may be the Lizards most impressive. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on November 03, 2014, 06:08:12 pm
Because they lost to Charleston?  Don't let your hate make you look foolish.  Boonville is a good team.  The Pottsville win may be the Lizards most impressive. 

So warren crushes hamburg and star city and the 8 is overrated? Isn't this going against your rationale?

Bigbossman

Quote from: Redrock on November 03, 2014, 06:05:47 pm
Preacherman I'm not from dardanelle. But I have watched them play twice this year and they are big fast and physical. I really think the teams down south don't realize just how solid Dardanelle is. I think you would be well served to rethink your thoughts before you speak.
I think your definition of big fast and physical and others may differ.
&
Welcome to fearless friday, anonymity prevent many from ever rethinking their thoughts before they speak.

Redrock

You may be right. 6'2" and 6'3" kids may not be big. Dardanelle is loaded with them. You are right about fearless Friday though. Every idiot has a voice. This going to be fun to watch. I hope I get to see them play again. It was special.

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on November 03, 2014, 06:28:04 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on November 03, 2014, 06:08:12 pm

So warren crushes hamburg and star city and the 8 is overrated? Isn't this going against your rationale?

This thread is about which #1 seed loses in the 1st or 2nd round.  I think both Dardnelle and Warren are good enough to make it past the second round. 

Please don't confuse threads to try and prove me wrong just because Hamburg and SC don't have big game potential like a top 10 team should. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas