• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which #1 Seed will lose in the 1st or 2nd round ?

Started by Bigredhog1971, October 26, 2014, 03:45:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigredhog1971

Of the possible one seeds which #1 seed will have there season end early?

Wonderdog

I predict 2nd rd exits for both the 2-4a and 3-4a winners.

beach bum

The 1-4A just is not very good this year which is the league I follow. No one in this league will get past the quarters for sure. Pea Ridge and Shiloh will be the 1 and 2 seed. They will get bounced in the 2nd round or quarters by then for sure. Prairie Groves 1st round seems like a toss up but they wont get past the 2nd round.

Scooter2121

whippersnapper

I don't get why everyone is picking the 2-4a right off the bat. The 2 and 7 both have no undefeated teams left. Yet the 7 is that much "stronger." No one from either conference has just a jaw dropping non conference win. Nashville killed a horrible Hope team. Beat a 4-4 Watson Chapel team by a score. Malvern beat glen rose and hs lakeside. Nothing impressive there. Arkadelphia killed Stuttgart first game of the year. Which is the first game under a new hc for the ricebirds. I am not saying the state champion will come from the 2. But don't be surprised if the 2 wins some unexpected games in November.

AirWarren

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 26, 2014, 03:21:10 pm
I don't get why everyone is picking the 2-4a right off the bat. The 2 and 7 both have no undefeated teams left. Yet the 7 is that much "stronger." No one from either conference has just a jaw dropping non conference win. Nashville killed a horrible Hope team. Beat a 4-4 Watson Chapel team by a score. Malvern beat glen rose and hs lakeside. Nothing impressive there. Arkadelphia killed Stuttgart first game of the year. Which is the first game under a new hc for the ricebirds. I am not saying the state champion will come from the 2. But don't be surprised if the 2 wins some unexpected games in November.

Spot on man.

FBfan79

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 26, 2014, 03:21:10 pm

FL beat LR Christian and tied a good Maumelle team.  I didn't look at every 2-4a team but it looks like most of them lost to every good team they played in non conference.  Either way it was early in the season.  We'll just have to see who peaks in the playoffs.

SUGARTOWN

As Cuckoo is fond of saying, it's all about matchups. If you can slow down HWH's running game you can beat them. Their passing game is heave and hope and their defensive secondary is not very good.

Newport has the power runner in Carl Turner, but I didn't see anything else in their running game at all. Turner is strong and tough to tackle. Their passing game is a lot better than HWH's, but they lack the size up front that the Cougars have...

whippersnapper

Newport also beat Nettleton which looks to be the 3 seed behind Wynne and batesville. Which you can say is pretty good. The 5a east definitely looks tougher then the west. I have nothing against the 7. Or the teams in it. Just simply bringing up the 2 & 7 may not be so different.
As for the hounds. They are banged up right now and it showed Friday night. But if they can get through CAC and get to southside and maybe get a little more healthy.

ScrapperMan

Yes, you do have something against the 7-4A, everybody can see that.

hawgfan15

I cant think of anyone in 4A who has a big win in the non conference. So your comparison applies to 8-4A also. The only thing we can go by is strength of conference which is debatable. As of right now I see no argument for 2-4A or 4-4A as to why they are a better conference than 7-4A or 8-4A. This is why there is the playoffs.

hawgfan15

The only non conference win I can think of was Dardanelle over Booneville. Who is a 3A school now and were missing a couple of their better players. They also lost several key players from last years team so them losing a game early is understandable.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Scooter2121 on October 26, 2014, 02:28:30 pm
I say Dardanelle in the 2nd round.

Long time no posts Scooter. Bless your heart! I'm sure this has been a rough season for you. Keep hating on the Lizards, you sad little troll.

WPWells

D-TOWN LIZARD

Scooter2121

Just my opinion that the sand gizzards won't beat the 3rd seed out of the 8-4a.

SandRattler

I wish you guys wouldn't give Scooter any credit by acknowledging his presence. Ole Scooter just hate Dardanelle and nothing else. We may or not win but one thing is for sure the boys will work hard to win! 

WPWells

Whenever Scooter says Dardanelle isn't good, remember that this is the same person who said:

1. Charleston would lose in the second round last year and
2. Ty Storey isn't a good quarterback because he's not mobile (he just ran for 147 yards against Lamar)

Scooter just has to downgrade success to make himself feel better about his own pathetic life

cuckoobird

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 26, 2014, 05:48:49 pm
I cant think of anyone in 4A who has a big win in the non conference. So your comparison applies to 8-4A also. The only thing we can go by is strength of conference which is debatable. As of right now I see no argument for 2-4A or 4-4A as to why they are a better conference than 7-4A or 8-4A. This is why there is the playoffs.
+1 and in reverse order too.

shiloh forever

beach bum

Dardanelle could lose in the 2nd round or win state IMO... They are that good but also their quadrant of the bracket is the toughest.

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 27, 2014, 10:29:14 am #22 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:32:11 am by D-TOWN LIZARD
Keep hatin on those Lizards,  and if I'm remembering correctly......These are the same opinions that people had about Booneville last year.  And we all know how that ended.  Any top team can be beat at anytime in the playoffs, just ask Arkie.  So everyone thats downplayin Dardanelle might want to worry about their top seeded teams getting beat out.  Sandlizards have as good of a chance as anyone in 4a to walk away as Champions.

FootBallar21

the winner of 1 and 2A should be the first to go out,   As the 1A winner likely doesn't win a game as they get a bye in the first round then play the 7-4A's 3 seed,  will be a top 10 team!   

Then the 2A winner gets the 8-4A's 5th seed and if they win that then they get likely the 4th seed from 7-4A another top 10 type team.     I don't think either of them make it out of the 2nd round!   

whippersnapper

If the winner of the 2 makes it past the first round they play host to more then likely the 2 seed from the 7. Which we don't know who either of this are haha

Superjack45

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on October 27, 2014, 10:29:14 am
Keep hatin on those Lizards,  and if I'm remembering correctly......These are the same opinions that people had about Booneville last year.  And we all know how that ended.  Any top team can be beat at anytime in the playoffs, just ask Arkie.  So everyone thats downplayin Dardanelle might want to worry about their top seeded teams getting beat out.  Sandlizards have as good of a chance as anyone in 4a to walk away as Champions.
yes you are correct they do have a chance as do any of the rest believe me no coach is looking past the Lizards, we played you all last year just wondering what made them better as they seem to have the same QB and running back and receivers.

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 27, 2014, 11:26:12 am #26 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:32:35 am by D-TOWN LIZARD
QB is back at 100% this year. He missed over half the season last year. So there were plenty of position changes for this team this year. this team is Bigger, stronger and faster than last year and that makes for more weapons teams have to gameplan around.  there is More experience.  Comradery.  Leadership.  These young men have a brotherhood and they are determined to win.  Coaching staff is determined to win by taking one week at a time and preparing this Lizard team for the team they are playing that week.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Superjack45 on October 27, 2014, 11:12:21 am
Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on October 27, 2014, 10:29:14 am
yes you are correct they do have a chance as do any of the rest believe me no coach is looking past the Lizards, we played you all last year just wondering what made them better as they seem to have the same QB and running back and receivers.

I will take a shot at this.  I feel they got experience from the loss last year and went to work knowing what it would take to beat a team like Warren.  The amount of weight added to some of these same players you mention is worth noting. It is apparent they went to work and their record shows it is paying dividends for them. Some say they have not played a tough enough season, but they have played who was on their schedule.  This is not the same team Warren beat last season.  Who really knows for sure, but I feel this team has as good a shot as any to make a run and win the title.
So to answer your question hard work and experience makes them a better team.

shiloh forever

I've watched both Dardanelle and Nashville this season.... Two different worlds. But I know Dardanelle faithful won't believe it until they see it. Dardanelle plays in a very very weak conference.

FootBallar21

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on October 27, 2014, 11:57:54 am
I've watched both Dardanelle and Nashville this season.... Two different worlds. But I know Dardanelle faithful won't believe it until they see it. Dardanelle plays in a very very weak conference.

Depends which game you watched Nashville though,  if you watched them play Fountain Lake, I would give Dardanelle a shot against them,  if you watched them play Mena,  Dardanelle might be scared!

D-TOWN LIZARD

Just bc you say they play in a weak conference doesn't mean they are a weak team.  I bet if Nashville was in this conference you would say something different....but I know that the rules apply when its convenient.  FYI-this team isn't scared of anyone.....they come to play and leave it all on the field.  And besides, if your not ready at playoff time, it really doesn't matter how strong of a conference you are from bc you can lose on any given day. 

shiloh forever

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on October 27, 2014, 12:15:39 pm
Just bc you say they play in a weak conference doesn't mean they are a weak team.  I bet if Nashville was in this conference you would say something different....but I know that the rules apply when its convenient.  FYI-this team isn't scared of anyone.....they come to play and leave it all on the field.  And besides, if your not ready at playoff time, it really doesn't matter how strong of a conference you are from bc you can lose on any given day. 
We shall see. Lol

Superjack45

October 27, 2014, 01:13:12 pm #32 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 01:59:02 pm by Superjack45
The thing is you want your team to progress and get better and better as each week go by,but by saying competition doesn't play a big part in that is wrong. That's the reason why the Jacks play up is to gauge themselves against a team that is suppose to be better and has a lot of depth, to find out where their weakness are and strength are. So in theory yes they say playing a weak team doesn't help you and I say this without any hesitation any team and I repeat any team can be beat even Warren,Nashville or Dardanelles etc.

D-TOWN LIZARD

[/quote]
We shall see. Lol
[/quote]LOL is right, cuz you sure are full of yourself!  I'll say it again....ANY team can be beat on ANY given night. 

Superjack very well said and I totally agree!

shiloh forever

Full of myself? I'm just stating the facts of what I've watched. I'm not a fan of either team. I was doing scouting when I watched them. Nashville has more depth and talent. And they aren't even the best team in 4a... Dardanelle won't win state. And that's my opinion

Gray lizard

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on October 27, 2014, 01:40:44 pm
Full of myself? I'm just stating the facts of what I've watched. I'm not a fan of either team. I was doing scouting when I watched them. Nashville has more depth and talent. And they aren't even the best team in 4a... Dardanelle won't win state. And that's my opinion

May I ask which Dardanelle game you watched?

D-TOWN LIZARD

Oh, we have a SCOUT master on our hands!!!!  It doesn't matter what you have seen or haven't seen.  It all depends on how the teams play and which players may or may not be playing on that given night! So SCOUT AWAY you pro scout you!!!!!!!!

Gray lizard

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on October 27, 2014, 01:57:41 pm
Oh, we have a SCOUT master on our hands!!!!  It doesn't matter what you have seen or haven't seen.  It all depends on how the teams play and which players may or may not be playing on that given night! So SCOUT AWAY you pro scout you!!!!!!!!

He got his talent from watching all the quality players from the Airedales.

SUGARTOWN

The team with the most TALENT doesn't always win. Most of the time it's the best TEAM that win. For example, the last 2 teams to win state weren't loaded with college players, and they beat teams with D1 players because they were the best TEAM.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to have extremely talented athletes on your team, but that doesn't automatically give you a win when playing good teams.

D-TOWN LIZARD

Gray lizard

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 27, 2014, 03:12:03 pm
The team with the most TALENT doesn't always win. Most of the time it's the best TEAM that win. For example, the last 2 teams to win state weren't loaded with college players, and they beat teams with D1 players because they were the best TEAM.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to have extremely talented athletes on your team, but that doesn't automatically give you a win when playing good teams.

Now that is a correct statement.

shiloh forever

Based on what I have watched, Dardanelle is way behind. That's all. Pro scout? No. But anything is better than a redneck getting worked up because his team finally has a good season and someone has the opinion they won't win state. Sorry.

shiloh forever

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 27, 2014, 02:21:35 pm
Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on October 27, 2014, 01:57:41 pm

He got his talent from watching all the quality players from the Airedales.
Dardanelle would beat Alma too, right? LOL.

The Coach

October 27, 2014, 04:07:53 pm #43 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:13:35 pm by The Coach

Dardanelle would be the best team that Nashville has seen and the same for Dardanelle if that games happens.

iliveformarch

Dardanelle is overhyped. Plus their town is a dump. Yell County is terrible.

D-TOWN LIZARD

It's gonna take more than some wannabe scout to make this redneck upset.  we actually don't care what you think, but it sure is fun making you mad.  And it looks like anyone would have a good shot at beating Alma this year.....just sayin!!!!   ;D

shiloh forever

Quote from: The Coach on October 27, 2014, 04:07:53 pm

Dardanelle would be the best team that Nashville has seen and the same for Dardanelle if that games happens.
I agree. Those are just two of the teams I've watched in this class. However, I think there is about 4 other teams that would hand it to both those teams.

iliveformarch

Alma vs. Dardanelle would be one matchup of overhyped teams. Alma lives in the past and Dardanelles town is a joke. Unemployment is probably 30% there.

shiloh forever

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on October 27, 2014, 04:10:39 pm
It's gonna take more than some wannabe scout to make this redneck upset.  we actually don't care what you think, but it sure is fun making you mad.  And it looks like anyone would have a good shot at beating Alma this year.....just sayin!!!!   ;D
Lol you seem salty. Haha Alma would roll over you all no matter the year they have. Anyways, I'll be back mid November to say hello!

The Coach

Quote from: iliveformarch on October 27, 2014, 04:15:18 pm
Alma vs. Dardanelle would be one matchup of overhyped teams. Alma lives in the past and Dardanelles town is a joke. Unemployment is probably 30% there.

yeah this is relevant to the topic.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas