• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dardanelle @ Dover

Started by Doveman, October 25, 2014, 12:59:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doveman

Might as well get it started.  Conference Championship game.  Who's gonna win and how are they gonna get it done?

Lacerta agilis

October 25, 2014, 01:42:42 pm #1 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:44:19 pm by Lacerta agilis
To be the outright conference champs:

Dardanelle: must beat Dover and Subi or beat Dover and needs a Clinton loss if we lose to Subi
Dover       : must beat Dardanelle and AB and needs a Clinton loss and a Dardanelle loss to Subi
Clinton      : must beat Subi and Pottsville and needs Dardanelle to lose to Dover and Subi, and a Dover loss to AB

That's how they get it done, or the conference will have co-champs.

The Coach

October 25, 2014, 02:46:10 pm #2 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:57:55 pm by The Coach
Dardanelle does to Dover what they've done to everyone else this season. That's how they get it done.

Clintonjacket44

Looking back on that downpour the state of Arkansas got during week 6 of the season, and I'm pretty happy that fell on Dover week. We played better in the mudpit, and Dover just couldn't get good footing. That week IMO is what will decide the 2 seed in the 4-4A. Dover has momentum coming into this Dardenelle game, and it's a big rivalry. Excited to see how this turns out. I believe Dover gives Dardenelle the best fight the Lizards have seen this year. Dardenelle-35 Dover-21.

D-TOWN LIZARD

Quote from: Clintonjacket44 on October 25, 2014, 05:10:27 pm
Looking back on that downpour the state of Arkansas got during week 6 of the season, and I'm pretty happy that fell on Dover week. We played better in the mudpit, and Dover just couldn't get good footing. That week IMO is what will decide the 2 seed in the 4-4A. Dover has momentum coming into this Dardenelle game, and it's a big rivalry. Excited to see how this turns out. I believe Dover gives Dardenelle the best fight the Lizards have seen this year. Dardenelle-35 Dover-21.
Yea that's what was said about Robinson too!  Spelling lesson D-A-R-D-A-N-E-L-L-E

ATU

Dover beat Ozark by 6.Dardanelle by 40.

SouthpawSensation

Dover will have to pull out every trick in the book, and that will probably not be enough ... Dardanelle by 20.

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 25, 2014, 09:49:23 pm #7 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:30:22 am by D-TOWN LIZARD
---

SouthpawSensation

Actually, the Pirates' latest game plan could be just the thing to slow down the Sand Lizards.
Grind things out, limit the number of possessions for Dardanelle's offense and slow the game down might work in Dover's favor, particularly at home. The longer the game stays close, as Dover has done against Pulaski Robinson, Pottsville and Ozark, the better the Pirates' chances become.

beach bum

Dardanelle 49 Dover 7.... Dardanelle has toughest draw come playoff time or I would say they could make it to the finals.. Still very possible though.

OLDSCHOOL82

Dardy by 35 at the minimum.

1964 Hogs

Agree, mercy rule will be put to use in this game.  Dover clock keepers need to study up on how that rule works.  However, I do believe the game will be close early.  Wish I could be there? But I'll be at the 3A state title game, Round 1.

armchajrhog5

My My
Dover probably needs to just concede

To my friends from Dardanelle
Bring you Lunch --it will be tougher than
You think

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 26, 2014, 08:10:34 am #13 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:47:00 am by D-TOWN LIZARD
 Great advice......for Dover, but you can have my lunch.

beach bum

I watched Dardanelle once this year and they reminded a lot of Prairie Grove 2 yrs ago in 2012 when they lost to Stuttgart in the semis and beat Ozark 30-6 who was runner up to Stuttgart. The difference I saw that made me think Dardanelle could get over the hump was the 2 OTs were big and physical. When PG lost to Stuttgart they were just too physical. Every other aspect I kept saying to my self "This team reminds me so much of PG" in 2012... I only say that cause I follow PG.... Dardanelle is legit. They just got to take it one game at a time being in the most difficult quadrant in the playoffs.

armchajrhog5

Don't really have to speculate
Much longer and talk about
who will do what.
Dardanelle is a great
Team and I pull for them and all the
River Valley teams every week they
are not playing Dover.
Dardanelle will play great
- I think Dover will too.
And yes I believe it will be closer than
mercy rule,
just a little over 5 days and we
will know won't we.
next Friday nite I look
For a great game
And thanks for the lunch offer
but Dover knows every game in  this
conference Is tough
so we always pack our own.
Beside I think you are going
To need it.

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 26, 2014, 09:03:50 am #16 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:07:51 am by D-TOWN LIZARD
 Great speech  :-X

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: armchajrhog5 on October 26, 2014, 03:25:04 am
My My
Dover probably needs to just concede

To my friends from Dardanelle
Bring you Lunch --it will be tougher than
You think

Just to be clear, most of the predictions made in this post weren't from Dardanelle posters. It's what folks who don't have a dog in the fight think. You might be right, it may be tougher than I think (doubtful, I've posted since the spring this Dover team will surprise people) . You may also be wrong, you haven't played a team this year like the one that's coming to Dover Friday night.

marine

October 26, 2014, 03:17:14 pm #18 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:45:45 pm by marine
Dover comes into this game with nothing to lose. They have had to hear how they have played nobody all season. In reality they can come into this game and lose just like most of the rivervalley believes will happen. I expect the lizards will look at scores from the games dover has played and really take Dover light this week. I expect when this game is over and in the books that the lizards will have fought a war of a ball game and have a new found respect for the Dover Pirates. I am taking Dover by 1 late in the 4th quarter with a championship drive to seal the deal. 

D-TOWN LIZARD

And that is what people from Dover would like us to do.... But this team doesn't take anyone lightly.  They prepare for each game each week. This lizard squad is for real!

HorseFeathers

Dover will actually have to do some passing to win this game....I watched dardanelle shut down Pottsville in the second half...one dimensional run attack is not going to get it done against the lizards. But if dardanelle doesn't put them away by the fourth qtr, I would not be surprised if Dover pulls out the win. If there is one thing that Dover has proven themselves in this year is that they can find ways to win ball games late in the fourth qtr....

All that said I.m taking dardanelle by 24....sand lizards should prove to be more than Dover can handle this season

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: Doveman on October 25, 2014, 12:59:33 pm
Might as well get it started.  Conference Championship game.  Who's gonna win and how are they gonna get it done?
In order for dover to win this game, they need to switch to a total run offense (play keep away) and make each attempt count, pick up 5+ yards each carry. Defense have to play to perfection. ...in other words, play like the "GREYHOUNDS".

3 Dollar

Gray lizard

This game could go either way but I expect Dardanelle to win pretty big.  Dover has played very good football this year.  If they can control the line and move the ball it could end up being a close game.  What I expect is big plays from Dardanelle.  I just do not see Dover stopping all the skill players Dardanelle has.

D-TOWN LIZARD

Defense have to play to perfection. ...in other words, play like the "GREYHOUNDS".
[/quote] ::)

Fearthedawg

I pray Dover's #22(QB) gets a good report at the doctor, that young man has a warrior heart and if he can stand up he will want to be out there....I have seen him dig deep before so I will not be shocked to see him in the line-up Friday night.

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on October 27, 2014, 08:49:45 am
Defense have to play to perfection. ...in other words, play like the "GREYHOUNDS".
::)
[/quote] that's right play like the Greyhounds!  Obviously you are completely oblivious to the Stuttgart vs The Mighty Greyhounds Game.

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 27, 2014, 03:21:03 pm #27 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:31:49 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
PERFECTION?!?!   :-\  I doubt it.  I'm not oblivious to the fact that the score was 22-21.......definitely sounds like PERFECTION to me!

K-33

Dardanelle by as many as they want it to be!!!

theeunderdog4

Dont know much about Dover... But I do know that Dardanelle WILL make a deep run in the playoffs. They finish regular season undefeated conf champs!
Dardanelle - 56
Dover - 14

Gray lizard

I have thought about this game a lot. Dover is a very improved team this year.  I feel they could give Dardanelle a tough match up.  How does Dover win this game.  They must hold Dardanelle to no more that 3 TDs.  They must control the ball and score on 80% of their drives with no turn overs.  This would keep Dardanelle's offence of the field and control the clock( Some of those 80 play drives :) .  If they could manage to do this the could pull off the upset.

The problem I see for Dover is Dardanelle can score so fast and with so many weapons.  As good as Dover is I do not think they can match up to all Dardanelle's scoring weapons.  I think Dardanelle can stop Dover's running game and defend the pass at the same time.  It will be a good game for the first quarter and then I expect Dardanelle to bust it wide open.

Dardanelle 50+
Dover 14

mastiff

What is the word on Dover's QB? Heard he got hurt in the Ozark game. What was the extent of the injury? I hope he can play Friday night.

Fearthedawg

Quote from: mastiff on October 28, 2014, 09:26:57 am
What is the word on Dover's QB? Heard he got hurt in the Ozark game. What was the extent of the injury? I hope he can play Friday night.

I know he was going to the doctor today I think....he is a very tough kid so he will be out there unless doctor forbids it.  He was in street clothes in the 2nd quarter of the Ozark game.   I hope he plays too, if I was a betting man, I would bet to see #22 on the field.

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on October 27, 2014, 03:21:03 pm
PERFECTION?!?!   :-\  I doubt it.  I'm not oblivious to the fact that the score was 22-21.......definitely sounds like PERFECTION to me!
Don't let the final score fool you, at half Stuttgart was up 21-0....after our defense played at "full potential", cuckcoo bird & Stuttgart could not buy a first down.! By the way, I'm not too impressed with you sand lizards anyway: its easy to go undefeated when your toughest opponent was a "3A" school! If you want reputable respect like the "GREYHOUNDS" ...how about scheduling upper class competition during off season. Trust me your weak schedule will comeback to hunt you during the playoffs...and ol "catch" will be right there to serve you your crow and say I told you so, as the Greyhounds continue to hand out tickets and roll on toward WMS!

Gray lizard

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on October 28, 2014, 11:35:39 am
Don't let the final score fool you, at half Stuttgart was up 21-0....after our defense played at "full potential", cuckcoo bird & Stuttgart could not buy a first down.! By the way, I'm not too impressed with you sand lizards anyway: its easy to go undefeated when your toughest opponent was a "3A" school! If you want reputable respect like the "GREYHOUNDS" ...how about scheduling upper class competition during off season. Trust me your weak schedule will comeback to hunt you during the playoffs...and ol "catch" will be right there to serve you your crow and say I told you so, as the Greyhounds continue to hand out tickets and roll on toward WMS!

Once again just go away!

D-TOWN LIZARD

:-*

Lacerta agilis

So, if you just schedule tough competition you get respect? Your team doesn't have to perform well? Warren losing a close one to FS Southside was impressive. Sorry, but that 48-9 whipping your hound dogs took from Sylvan Hills doesn't give you "reputable respect".

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 28, 2014, 01:30:22 pm #37 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:00:13 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 28, 2014, 01:12:52 pm

So, if you just schedule tough competition you get respect? Your team doesn't have to perform well? Warren losing a close one to FS Southside was impressive. Sorry, but that 48-9 whipping your hound dogs took from Sylvan Hills doesn't give you "reputable respect".
+1 ;D   yea a now 3a school that took the 4a championship home last year!   :D

CatchTheGreyhound!

October 28, 2014, 02:28:51 pm #38 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:32:34 pm by CatchTheGreyhound!
 That game the hounds was plagued with the flu...since those two weeks we have recoved on and off the field ( annihilating the competition). By the way you failed mention the other two 5A games that "we won" so over all we are 2-1 against upper class competition this year...I'll say that is pretty good. So far you are 0-0 because you didnt compete. 
I've seen the highlights of your team, and to be quite honest it's pathetic. Poor pass rush attacks,  Running the score up instead of taking a knee like the greyhounds and other  respectable teams of 4A, playing all 4 quarters with your starters...smh! Once again come playoffs you will receive a 1st 2nd round exit....courtesy of greyhound!
Gizzards 31
Dover 34

Oh yea I almost forgot....
Gooooo Greyhounds!!!

Lacerta agilis

October 28, 2014, 02:48:03 pm #39 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:49:50 pm by Lacerta agilis
Higher class doesn't equal better competition. Since you are soo knowledgable of the Sand Lizards, I would have thought you would have known we were 1-0 against 5A teams this year. But I won't brag about that, because we faced better teams in our conference.

And we had 2 players with a hang nail and one with a headache and still managed to win.

OLDSCHOOL82

Catch the greyhound bus may be the newb of the year.  He came in with a bang and has stayed true to his arrogant path!

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 28, 2014, 03:14:13 pm #41 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:52:11 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on October 28, 2014, 02:28:51 pm
That game the hounds was plagued with the flu...since those two weeks we have recoved on and off the field ( annihilating the competition). By the way you failed mention the other two 5A games that "we won" so over all we are 2-1 against upper class competition this year...I'll say that is pretty good. So far you are 0-0 because you didnt compete. 
I've seen the highlights of your team, and to be quite honest it's pathetic. Poor pass rush attacks,  Running the score up instead of taking a knee like the greyhounds and other  respectable teams of 4A, playing all 4 quarters with your starters...smh! Once again come playoffs you will receive a 1st 2nd round exit....courtesy of greyhound!
Gizzards 31
Dover 34

Gooooo Greyhounds!!!
Green County Tech?  upper class competition???? Dude they are 1-7 this year!!!!!!  And your talking out your backside, bc our starters have only played for 4 quarters in maybe 3 of our games. Oh BTW.....did you have to buy your Greyhound ticket home from arkadelphia last year after your 2nd round Exit??  or was it free

armchajrhog5

Quote from: Fearthedawg on October 28, 2014, 09:48:00 am
Quote from: mastiff on October 28, 2014, 09:26:57 am

I know he was going to the doctor today I think....he is a very tough kid so he will be out there unless doctor forbids it.  He was in street clothes in the 2nd quarter of the Ozark game.   I hope he plays too, if I was a betting man, I would bet to see #22 on the field.

Hope I am hearing wrong but word from
some of the kids is it is a tear and he is out
for a while ... Big loss both sides of
The ball
Will update if I hear for certain .

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on October 28, 2014, 03:14:13 pm
Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on October 28, 2014, 02:28:51 pm
Gizzards 31
Dover 34

Gooooo Greyhounds!!!
Green County Tech?  upper class competition???? Dude they are 1-7 this year!!!!!!  And your talking out your backside, bc our starters have only played for 4 quarters in maybe 3 of our games. Oh BTW.....did you have to buy your Greyhound ticket home from arkadelphia last year after your 2nd round Exit??  or was it free
it cost about as much as your last years run in with the lumberjacks....see what happens when you face real competition!  Lizards get crushed!

CatchTheGreyhound!

I hope the hounds play you guys during the playoffs so you will see exactly what I mean, when I say week schedules equal over exaggerated credibility! I will post a few Greyhound games on here so you can see what real pass rush threat looks like, and by the way you are more then welcome to come cheer the hounds aka the 4A peoples champs, on to victory friday night...we welcome all!

CatchTheGreyhound!

The Coach

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on October 28, 2014, 06:29:03 pm
I hope the hounds play you guys during the playoffs so you will see exactly what I mean, when I say week schedules equal over exaggerated credibility! I will post a few Greyhound games on here so you can see what real pass rush threat looks like, and by the way you are more then welcome to come cheer the hounds aka the 4A peoples champs, on to victory friday night...we welcome all!

Who has Newport played? Sylvan Hills? That's about it and they got killed!!!

They quit playing Batesville because they were getting owned by the Pioneers!!!

D-TOWN LIZARD

October 28, 2014, 06:59:41 pm #47 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:01:32 pm by D-TOWN LIZARD
No one even talks about Newport except for you, that's why your on every other teams' topic board bc no one cares about them.  4a people's champs? U are full of jokes....I needed a good laugh!
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: The Coach on October 28, 2014, 06:32:58 pm
Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on October 28, 2014, 06:29:03 pm

Who has Newport played? Sylvan Hills? That's about it and they got killed!!!

They quit playing Batesville because they were getting owned by the Pioneers!!!
once again the hounds were a bit under the weather that game, 2 I advise you watch the link I just posted so you can see that coach Harrison is running a totally different offensive look from days of old when we played batesville. 3. Notice how other teams like dollarway and arkie had to lose before you moved up..the reason being no matter how perfect you record is no one cares when your schedule is so week. 1 no I didn't forget about number 1, because we're number 1!  ;D

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on October 28, 2014, 06:59:41 pm
No one even talks about Newport except for you, that's why your on every other teams' topic board bc no one cares about them.  4a people's champs? U are full of jokes....I needed a good laugh!
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
once again I see its ticket time.. this coming friday as dover give you guys a harsh reality check the greyhound bus will roll on to victory! Im not putting your team down I'm just stating the facts. Dardanelle did the same thing last year until.......
They ran in to warren and could barely muster up a ridiculous 13 points

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas