• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mena @ Fountain Lake Thoughts?

Started by FootBallar21, October 25, 2014, 11:45:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FBfan79

Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on October 29, 2014, 02:00:18 pm
Quote from: Buck50 on October 29, 2014, 11:25:57 am
Quote from: theeunderdog4 on October 28, 2014, 10:05:27 pm
From what I've heard, Mena should be used to this type of offense, coming from the 4-4A. YES they gave up a lot of rushing yards against Nashville, but they also were double teaming Pettway most of the night which turned out to be a bad game plan seeing as they only threw it to him 1 or 2 times... But you can't just leave him be is the problem lol. So what I'm getting at is I think Mena will be able to do well against FL running attack. I think Mena's offense is a great one, when they are clicking. Like I said before I dont know hoe good FL defense is but if Mena O plays like they are capable of, they should come away with the win.
Mena - 45
Fountain Lake - 28

^Just not accurate at all.  No one has stopped FL's run game all Season.  And FL has played better defenses than Mena's.
^Thats not accurate either Malvern and Maumelle did a really good job at stopping it except for a few long runs.FL was just man handled against Malvern and Malvern threw the ball good against FL and Mena's QB maybe just a little better then Malverns.But I will be honest Im hoping for a Mena win.

Except for a few long runs? That's pretty much what FL does. 

purplepaintrain67

Founatin Lakes in it! Mena dont know whats coming! FLITB

FBfan79

Gonna be cool tomorrow night.  Always an extra chill up on the mountain.  I think FL has a better performance on D this time and takes the win.  28--21 FL

FootBallar21

Quote from: FBfan79 on October 30, 2014, 06:11:50 pm
Gonna be cool tomorrow night.  Always an extra chill up on the mountain.  I think FL has a better performance on D this time and takes the win.  28--21 FL

My only game at Fountain Lake back in 2001 or 2002 up on that hill,  it was the coldest game I ever played in and even sleeted some!  was BURTAL!

FBfan79

October 30, 2014, 06:49:51 pm #54 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:51:42 pm by FBfan79
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 30, 2014, 06:35:57 pm
Quote from: FBfan79 on October 30, 2014, 06:11:50 pm

My only game at Fountain Lake back in 2001 or 2002 up on that hill,  it was the coldest game I ever played in and even sleeted some!  was BURTAL!

Hopefully won't be too bad.  Should be a good game.  Ready to see the Kesterson(sp?) kid.  Sounds like he's pretty good.

Fury

If Fountain Lake doesn't turn the ball over and give up big plays on defense, they will win this game. That is something they struggled with the last two games. I think they'll fix those things this week and win 34 to 21.

snakeface13

October 31, 2014, 07:38:20 am #56 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 07:40:39 am by snakeface13
Quote from: Fury on October 30, 2014, 07:40:48 pm
If Fountain Lake doesn't turn the ball over and give up big plays on defense, they will win this game. That is something they struggled with the last two games. I think they'll fix those things this week and win 34 to 21.

^^ This.

Greatest team ever with 2 losses- 21
Suddenly struggling with 2 losses -34

-Mark-

Tonight is the night! The game can be heard on 92.9 KVRE FM out of Hot Springs Village. Pregame at 6:30, kickoff at 7:00. Good luck to both teams!

FootBallar21

FBfan79

FBfan79

FBfan79

FBfan79

whippersnapper

Well mena really rebounded after last weeks loss to Nashville. 47-28 final. Looking to finish 8-2. Last time mena won 8 regular season games was 96.

theeunderdog4

Mena D dominated. They had a lot of stupid penalties against them in the first half, if you take those out, they could have very easily held FL to 7 points. Either way they held that Ross kid to probably around 40-70 yards while he has ran all over other teams. Great win for Mena they really put it together!

theeunderdog4

Didnt mean to take anything away from the offense! They did great too, like I said, Mena played like they did the first 6-7 games.  Offense did what they wanted to FL, and only had one possession that they didnt score on

theeunderdog4

From what I've heard, Mena should be used to this type of offense, coming from the 4-4A. YES they gave up a lot of rushing yards against Nashville, but they also were double teaming Pettway most of the night which turned out to be a bad game plan seeing as they only threw it to him 1 or 2 times... But you can't just leave him be is the problem lol. So what I'm getting at is I think Mena will be able to do well against FL running attack. I think Mena's offense is a great one, when they are clicking. Like I said before I dont know hoe good FL defense is but if Mena O plays like they are capable of, they should come away with the win.
Mena - 45
Fountain Lake - 28
My prediction: Mena 45, FL 28
Score: 47-28...  Only two points off

FootBallar21

Quote from: theeunderdog4 on November 01, 2014, 02:33:59 am
Mena - 45
Fountain Lake - 28
My prediction: Mena 45, FL 28
Score: 47-28...  Only two points off

A late kickoff return for a TD made it that close ,  was 47-21 with Mena shutting down Fountain Lake's offense the entire 2nd half

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas