• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mena @ Fountain Lake Thoughts?

Started by FootBallar21, October 25, 2014, 11:45:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FootBallar21

Both teams coming off of their worst performances of the year,  and now Mena needs a win to have a shot to finish 2nd in conference and eliminate any shot of falling to the 5th seed and getting the horrible draw of Dardanelle in the first round,   While Fountain Lake is suddenly struggling just to make the playoffs they can still finish possibly as high as 3rd with a win,  but a loss will make next weeks game vs Ashdown a must win!    should be a great game,  I don't think Mena can stop Fountain Lakes Rushing attack nor do I think Fountain Lake can stop Mena's spread attack,  should be a great higher scoring game,

Mena 34
Fountain Lake 24

I think Mena's bend but not break defense can hold Fountain Lake to a couple field goals instead of Td's and that be the difference! 

FBfan79

FL played terrible defense against Malvern and props to the Malvern Oline for their outstanding play.  Malvern straight took it to FL.  If they don't step up Mena can do the same.  I also believe Mena caught quite a few breaks earlier this season.  Either team can win this one. 

103.7 the Buzz will be at this game I heard.

polksalet

Fl 95-10

That's based on the way the teams played in the only games I've seen them this year.

FBfan79

MondayMorningQB

ATU

ScrapperMan

So let me get this straight, if Fountain Lake doesn't beat Mena they will be playing Ashdown for the five seed?

Frosty

Quote from: ScrapperMan on October 26, 2014, 04:43:23 pm
So let me get this straight, if Fountain Lake doesn't beat Mena they will be playing Ashdown for the five seed?
That's right. Crazy year, for the 7-4A.

FBfan79

And if FL and Malvern win out... Malvern will be #1 and FL #2? Is that right?

hawgfan15

Mena has really struggled against the run the past two weeks. Of course that was against a different style of offense than what Fountain Lake will run. But they do have Parker Ross...

hawgfan15

Quote from: FBfan79 on October 26, 2014, 06:03:34 pm
And if FL and Malvern win out... Malvern will be #1 and FL #2? Is that right?

That is correct

hawgfan15

Technically Fountain Lake could still win the conference or not make the playoffs at all. With only two weeks left how crazy is that??

FBfan79

Yeah its crazy for sure.  I wish Ashdown hadn't decided to play. Lol. Very possible FL doesn't make it. 

hawgfan15

Quote from: FBfan79 on October 26, 2014, 06:19:53 pm
Yeah its crazy for sure.  I wish Ashdown hadn't decided to play. Lol. Very possible FL doesn't make it.

Ashdown has been the biggest disappointment all season until the last two weeks. The coach has really simplified the offense and changed the scheme for them and it has helped. When you see them next Friday night you will wonder how in the world does this team have a losing record.

They returned a 1,000+ yard RB from last year. Junior Brandon Northcross is a stud who will be a D1 cornerback IMO. He will line up all over the field on offense. They had a pretty good WR move in from Texas who is getting looks from D2 schools. And they returned quite a bit from last years defense that was pretty good. Overall a very talented team that has just underachieved all season.

FBfan79

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 26, 2014, 06:28:58 pm

Ashdown has been the biggest disappointment all season until the last two weeks. The coach has really simplified the offense and changed the scheme for them and it has helped. When you see them next Friday night you will wonder how in the world does this team have a losing record.

They returned a 1,000+ yard RB from last year. Junior Brandon Northcross is a stud who will be a D1 cornerback IMO. He will line up all over the field on offense. They had a pretty good WR move in from Texas who is getting looks from D2 schools. And they returned quite a bit from last years defense that was pretty good. Overall a very talented team that has just underachieved all season.

Grrreeeeaaattt

I guess a no D1 having small sized FL with little depth will just have to find a way to win.

On another note,  McCoy for FL came out in the second half against Malvern.  He looked hurt but I'm not sure.  He is a key player on both sides of the ball.  He will be needed against Mena.

hawgfan15

Na its high school football. That is the beauty of it. The better TEAM on that night will win.

hawgfan15

Ashdown RB LaMontrick Turner had 43 carries for 205 yards and 2 TDs in the win Friday night

hogdiggity

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 26, 2014, 06:28:58 pm

You are right, there have been some personnel issues on this team.  One was removed after the Nashville game and the kids have really responded.  Sad, the kid really had some potential.  Ashdown is young, they will return 17 starters next year! 

snakeface13

LOL @ "FL is suddenly struggling" when your precious bearkittens have been throttled two games in a row.  ::)

FootBallar21

Quote from: snakeface13 on October 27, 2014, 10:16:13 am
LOL @ "FL is suddenly struggling" when your precious bearkittens have been throttled two games in a row.  ::)

Mena has not been throttled 2 games in a ROW LOL,  They played at Arkadelphia on Homecoming and the game was 23-22 at halftime,   and a 8 point game in the 4th quarter,    Mena's QB played his worse game of the year and couldn't get it going in the 2nd half and they lost by 12 POINTS hardly a throttling!     Then they ran into the best 7-4A team in Nashville last week and was down 28-0,  at halftime before playing solid in the 2nd half.   
Both teams are definitely trying to bounce back this week!    Should be tons of pressure on both teams,   As Fountain Lake has to win or beat a Much improved Ashdown team the next week just to make the playoffs,  and Mena likely slips from possibly the 2 seed all the way down to the 5th seed with a loss!     Should be a great game,   SHOCKED with some of the projected scores lol

whippersnapper

I do feel the Bearcats get it more together this week. I think they are just a better match up with ft lake then Nashville and Arkadelphia. Even if mena loses to ft lake they will beat Waldron. How could they get the 5 seed? Just points?

hawgfan15

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 27, 2014, 10:59:05 am
I do feel the Bearcats get it more together this week. I think they are just a better match up with ft lake then Nashville and Arkadelphia. Even if mena loses to ft lake they will beat Waldron. How could they get the 5 seed? Just points?

If Malvern loses to Nashville but beats Arkadelphia.  They would lose the head to head with Arkadelphia.

FootBallar21

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 27, 2014, 11:07:45 am

If Malvern loses to Nashville but beats Arkadelphia.  They would lose the head to head with Arkadelphia.

Right, that also Assumes that Fountain Lake beats Ashdown,       then Mena is tied at 4-3 with Arkadelphia and falls to the 5th seed,  and Fountain Lake and Malvern will be tied at 5-2, with Malvern getting the 2nd seed and Fountain Lake the 3rd.

If Malvern looses to Arkadelphia or even if Fountain Lake beats Mena but looses to Ashdown,  then Mena will have the MAX Points for a 4-3 team and will win any 3 Team Tie breakers and would be the 3 or 4th seed! 

phdefense

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 27, 2014, 11:24:34 am

Right, that also Assumes that Fountain Lake beats Ashdown,       then Mena is tied at 4-3 with Arkadelphia and falls to the 5th seed,  and Fountain Lake and Malvern will be tied at 5-2, with Malvern getting the 2nd seed and Fountain Lake the 3rd.

If Malvern looses to Arkadelphia or even if Fountain Lake beats Mena but looses to Ashdown,  then Mena will have the MAX Points for a 4-3 team and will win any 3 Team Tie breakers and would be the 3 or 4th seed!
That's not how it works. You use the points to eliminate the bottom team and then use head to head break the tie between the 2 remaining teams.

FootBallar21

Quote from: phdefense on October 27, 2014, 11:53:17 am
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 27, 2014, 11:24:34 am

That's not how it works. You use the points to eliminate the bottom team and then use head to head break the tie between the 2 remaining teams.

That still keeps Mena out of the 5th seed,   and depending who is eliminated then,  Mena would not be eliminated by points then would hold the head to head advantage over Malvern, but loose it to Fountain Lake it that scenario!

theeunderdog4

We all know that FL offense is good. How I dont know much about their defense, how should they match up with Mena's offense who, has multiple weapons?

FootBallar21

Quote from: theeunderdog4 on October 27, 2014, 10:14:41 pm
We all know that FL offense is good. How I dont know much about their defense, how should they match up with Mena's offense who, has multiple weapons?

Mena's offense is back to full strength after getting 2 kids back this week,   That is probably the best asset of Mena's offense is they have 5,6 guys that can hurt you,  so you have to defend the entire field and every option!

hawgfan15

Fury

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 28, 2014, 09:17:16 am

Mena's offense is back to full strength after getting 2 kids back this week,   That is probably the best asset of Mena's offense is they have 5,6 guys that can hurt you,  so you have to defend the entire field and every option!

So you should have had 3 or 4 kids that should have hurt Nashville last week, and it didn't happen. You now have 5 or six kids that can hurt FL... nothing new to FL. Mena might get "throttled" for the third week in a row. VRoom-Vroom... LOL

FootBallar21

Quote from: Fury on October 28, 2014, 09:52:20 am
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 28, 2014, 09:17:16 am

So you should have had 3 or 4 kids that should have hurt Nashville last week, and it didn't happen. You now have 5 or six kids that can hurt FL... nothing new to FL. Mena might get "throttled" for the third week in a row. VRoom-Vroom... LOL

some people don't have a clue!   Hope Mena wins big but this game likely comes down to who has the ball last!   

the other kid back is a OL and DL Colton Hendrixs

theeunderdog4

I believe that Colton Hendricks played last week... #54, right? Maybe I'm imagining things..

hawgfan15

Quote from: theeunderdog4 on October 28, 2014, 10:57:53 am
I believe that Colton Hendricks played last week... #54, right? Maybe I'm imagining things..

Yeah I'm pretty sure he played

FootBallar21

maybe it was his brother then conar Hendricks

theeunderdog4

Even if his brother was out l, he only plays on KO and KOR

bearcats92

I don't post on here but I thought it was time for reading all the wrong things being said about Mena if you don't know the truth about the team or players don't post it. Mena will be missing the same  o-lineman again this week #76, but they have other players to fill in for his spot. Mena had 4 players out last week and only one of them played after the 1st touchdown drive Nashville had that was #27 starting linebacker. Mena had several issues last week no excuses for that or the way they played against Nashville period. They didn't have there heads in the game period. I think last week was a wake up call for them that you have to come play football for 4 quarters. I am a red and black bearcat fan and I will personally tell you that this weeks going to be a different team that takes the field. Mena and Ft. Lake will be a great game to come watch.

FBfan79

Quote from: bearcats92 on October 28, 2014, 12:43:59 pm
I don't post on here but I thought it was time for reading all the wrong things being said about Mena if you don't know the truth about the team or players don't post it. Mena will be missing the same  o-lineman again this week #76, but they have other players to fill in for his spot. Mena had 4 players out last week and only one of them played after the 1st touchdown drive Nashville had that was #27 starting linebacker. Mena had several issues last week no excuses for that or the way they played against Nashville period. They didn't have there heads in the game period. I think last week was a wake up call for them that you have to come play football for 4 quarters. I am a red and black bearcat fan and I will personally tell you that this weeks going to be a different team that takes the field. Mena and Ft. Lake will be a great game to come watch.

I think most know this game could go either way.  I also think some of us like getting Footballer riled up.

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: FBfan79 on October 28, 2014, 01:15:36 pm
Quote from: bearcats92 on October 28, 2014, 12:43:59 pm

I think most know this game could go either way.  I also think some of us like getting Footballer riled up.

Getting that guy riled up is easy to do. The bottom line is mena did not show up to play Friday night. They looked terrible not even close to a good team. That's high school football on any given Friday a team that should compete or win sometimes doesn't. Look at us for the FL game we came in there thinking cake walk or mercy rule and got beat. Mena -fountain lake should be a good game it could go either way.

bearcats92

Very true you guys do like to get footballer riled up and yes it is a game and Mena didn't even remotely show up Friday night. I know alot about this team and they had alot of off the field issues they was dealing with and should have stayed focused on the task at hand. They are moving forward after the embarrassing lose Friday night and are learning a great deal from the game and issues off the field. Nashville has a very good team and should make a very deep run in the playoffs. It should be a very good game Friday night for both teams. Just glad that the 4a-7 is loaded with teams this year and should do good come playoff time.

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: bearcats92 on October 28, 2014, 02:24:37 pm
Very true you guys do like to get footballer riled up and yes it is a game and Mena didn't even remotely show up Friday night. I know alot about this team and they had alot of off the field issues they was dealing with and should have stayed focused on the task at hand. They are moving forward after the embarrassing lose Friday night and are learning a great deal from the game and issues off the field. Nashville has a very good team and should make a very deep run in the playoffs. It should be a very good game Friday night for both teams. Just glad that the 4a-7 is loaded with teams this year and should do good come playoff time.

I agree with you about the playoffs should be a good run for our teams. 

hawgfan15

Quote from: bearcats92 on October 28, 2014, 02:24:37 pm

Mena will get more out of that loss than a blowout win like some in other conferences. I know Nashville did with the loss to FL and every team in the conference has at least one loss like that. If everyone can get relatively healthy by playoffs I expect a good showing from our conference.

theeunderdog4

So does anyone have a complete analysis on this game.. Predictions, keys to the game... Not biased just honest analysis?

THE D.O.C

Quote from: theeunderdog4 on October 28, 2014, 09:32:28 pm
So does anyone have a complete analysis on this game.. Predictions, keys to the game... Not biased just honest analysis?
If Mena can't stop the wing-t it will be a long night RB is fast #20, I think. Fountain Lake will run 80% of the time. Mena's offense is basically short pass game and they run read option on both ends.  #44 is  back and he does make a difference on both sides of the ball. QB for Mena is pretty smart and don't make many mistakes. Should be a close game.

theeunderdog4

From what I've heard, Mena should be used to this type of offense, coming from the 4-4A. YES they gave up a lot of rushing yards against Nashville, but they also were double teaming Pettway most of the night which turned out to be a bad game plan seeing as they only threw it to him 1 or 2 times... But you can't just leave him be is the problem lol. So what I'm getting at is I think Mena will be able to do well against FL running attack. I think Mena's offense is a great one, when they are clicking. Like I said before I dont know hoe good FL defense is but if Mena O plays like they are capable of, they should come away with the win.
Mena - 45
Fountain Lake - 28

Bigbossman

Fl by 2 tds. Although I would actually like to see mena win this one.

Buck50

Quote from: theeunderdog4 on October 28, 2014, 10:05:27 pm
From what I've heard, Mena should be used to this type of offense, coming from the 4-4A. YES they gave up a lot of rushing yards against Nashville, but they also were double teaming Pettway most of the night which turned out to be a bad game plan seeing as they only threw it to him 1 or 2 times... But you can't just leave him be is the problem lol. So what I'm getting at is I think Mena will be able to do well against FL running attack. I think Mena's offense is a great one, when they are clicking. Like I said before I dont know hoe good FL defense is but if Mena O plays like they are capable of, they should come away with the win.
Mena - 45
Fountain Lake - 28

^Just not accurate at all.  No one has stopped FL's run game all Season.  And FL has played better defenses than Mena's.

theeunderdog4

Quote from: Buck50 on October 29, 2014, 11:25:57 am
Mena - 45
Fountain Lake - 28

^Just not accurate at all.  No one has stopped FL's run game all Season.  And FL has played better defenses than Mena's.

Never said Mena would STOP the run... Siad I think they will do well against it... In my prediction I had FL 28. If I thought Mena would stop the run I would have put 0.

Bigredhog1971

Mena - 45
Fountain Lake - 28

^Thats not accurate either Malvern and Maumelle did a really good job at stopping it except for a few long runs.FL was just man handled against Malvern and Malvern threw the ball good against FL and Mena's QB maybe just a little better then Malverns.But I will be honest Im hoping for a Mena win.

Buck50

Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on October 29, 2014, 02:00:18 pm
Mena - 45
Fountain Lake - 28

^Thats not accurate either Malvern and Maumelle did a really good job at stopping it except for a few long runs.FL was just man handled against Malvern and Malvern threw the ball good against FL and Mena's QB maybe just a little better then Malverns.But I will be honest Im hoping for a Mena win.

Maumelle yes. Malvern not really.  Maumelle is a top 5A team though.  And FL played their worst game of the season against malvern.

Bigredhog1971

Quote from: Buck50 on October 29, 2014, 02:06:02 pm
Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on October 29, 2014, 02:00:18 pm
Mena - 45
Fountain Lake - 28

Maumelle yes. Malvern not really.  Maumelle is a top 5A team though.  And FL played their worst game of the season against malvern.
Wouldnt call Maumelle a top 5a team.PA is a top 5a team Maumelle is not.Put Maumelle back in the 7-4A and they might finish 4th.

FootBallar21

Mena - 45
Fountain Lake - 28

so scoring 28 is shutting down Fountain Lake LOL.

Vs Fountain Lakes 5 opponents who are ATLEAST average or better,    Malvern, Nashville , Arkadelphia,  Bauxite, and Maumelle,  (only counts the 35 Points scored vs Arkadelphia in the 4 Quarters not the extra 7 they scored in Overtime! )

Fountain Lake is averaging 26.4 PPG ,  so 28 would actually be better than that!

Mena's offense actually holds the ball pretty good and when driving will have good time of possession,  and with Mena's defense bend but not break,  Fountain Lake will have some long TD drives, but I doubt they get to many Big long runs!    I think this prediction is pretty good!   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas