• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Ten Voting Link - Week 9

Started by LJ06, October 25, 2014, 08:23:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

Well this is going to be a fun week to see how the top ten shapes out.  As usual its due by 7 PM Sunday.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nq1TL3YZIc-VUIr5VQj7de6k1c68OEhg4GJj_biAG3U/viewform?usp=send_form

FootBallar21

my week 9

1. Warren
2. Dardanelle
3. Nashville
4. Star City
5. Dollarway
6. Hamburg
7. Arkadelphia
8. Pea Ridge
9. Mena
10. Pocahontas

The top half becomes easier this week,  with the top 6, WAS SUPER easy for me to pick this week,  You could put # 4,5,and 6 in any order you like though,  as they each beat each other!     Then,  you could put a number of teams almost in any order in spots 7 thru 10,     I have those,  but also you could throw out,  Shiloh ,  Newport, Malvern,  as they could have an easy argument to be top 10 as well,    I believe Mena is still a top 10 team and will finish 2nd in 7-4A,  but with the way they didn't show up in the first half vs Nashville, most likely they will drop out of the top 10,  even though I believe they should be there still!

whippersnapper

Do we HAVE to do a poll this week? Lol. At this point last year I'd say we had our top 6-7 teams fairly consistent. Funny how high school teens can bring up such a delima as filling out a top 10. Haha. Now to start getting ready for the hog game! Wps

whippersnapper

1. Warren
2. Dardanelle
3. Nashville
4. Hamburg
5. Dollarway
6. Star City
7. Malvern
8. Arkadelphia
9. Pea Ridge
10. Pocahontas.

PR and Pokey may not be top 10 teams at the end of the year but I am giving them a nod for still  being 8-0 this late in the year.

SUGARTOWN

Going to be a tough one this week.

AirWarren

1. Warren
2. Dardanelle
3. Nashville
4. Dollarway
5. Star City
6. Hamburg
7. Malvern
8. Pea Ridge
9. Pokey
10. Shiloh Christian

FootBallar21

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 25, 2014, 09:22:53 am
1. Warren
2. Dardanelle
3. Nashville
4. Hamburg
5. Dollarway
6. Star City
7. Malvern
8. Arkadelphia
9. Pea Ridge
10. Pocahontas.

PR and Pokey may not be top 10 teams at the end of the year but I am giving them a nod for still  being 8-0 this late in the year.

Wow, I guess my point exactly,  even a fellow Mena poster doesn't believe Mena is a top 10 team?    played without their best player and another key starter vs the best 7-4A team, and that drops them out?   even though they've beaten Hot Springs,  Malvern,  Ashdown!    and played Arkadelphia on the road very tough.   

AirWarren

It's week by week man.

Your team will have its chance come playoffs to change opinions.

FootBallar21

I know,  I do believe the 8-4A has taken over as the top conference IMO after this past week,   the 7-4A may still be deeper,  going to 7 solid teams,   but at the Top,  Warren, Dollar way, Star City, Hamburg,  the 3rd and 4th seed probably win every conference but 7 and 4-4A this year! 
If Malvern is really getting it together and they Beat Arkadelphia then the 7-4A will have 2 Elite teams with title hopes, and Maybe Arkadelphia is still in that category too, but hard to tell after they lost to Ashdown!,    While, the 8-4A has 4 true teams that if they get hot and don't take each other out all have a legit shot to make it to Little Rock! 

CounterPunch

1. Warren
2. Dardanelle
3. Nashville
4. Star City
5. Dollarway
6. Hamburg
7. Malvern
8. Shiloh Christian
9. Pocahontas
10. Arkadelphia

southernboy

Lol Star City above Hamburg and Dollarway?!?!? Seriously? !!! Lol

CounterPunch

October 25, 2014, 11:33:18 am #11 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:35:00 am by CounterPunch
Quote from: southernboy on October 25, 2014, 11:29:40 am
Lol Star City above Hamburg and Dollarway?!?!? Seriously? !!! Lol
they are better than both teams. We have all beaten each other so what is your reasoning why they shouldn't be? Get over the especially upset, for whatever reason you have it. Hamburg beat SC, Dollarway beat Hamburg, SC beat Dollarway.

True_Fan9

Hamburg played both teams on the road. Back to back weeks. No way SC should be ahead of Hamburg

CounterPunch

Quote from: True_Fan9 on October 25, 2014, 11:37:40 am
Hamburg played both teams on the road. Back to back weeks. No way SC should be ahead of Hamburg
you have a valid argument, but it's my fair assessment of the teams. I'm not going to even throw out the what ifs.

CounterPunch

I'm not the only one that has SC above Dway and Hamburg neither.

southernboy

Dollarway beats Hamburg
Hamburg beats Star City by 17
Star City beats Dollarway by 4

tell me your reasoning for them being ahead of them?

FootBallar21

Yea the 8-4A just like the 7-4A is very close and all about matchups,  all 3 are really good teams and all 3 in the right matchups have a shot to make a run at Little Rock!   

CounterPunch

Quote from: southernboy on October 25, 2014, 11:40:44 am
Dollarway beats Hamburg
Hamburg beats Star City by 17
Star City beats Dollarway by 4

tell me your reasoning for them being ahead of them?
why should Hamburg be ahead of SC? You see you have the same argument as me man. We have all beaten each other. At this point it could be any order. Star City just beat the #2 team in the state and a heavy title contender in most eyes. Hamburg hasn't

CounterPunch

If Hamburg beats Warren then I will put them at #1 or #2. How's that?

True_Fan9

Well if they beat warren then in your poll they would have beaten 1 and 4...

CounterPunch

Quote from: True_Fan9 on October 25, 2014, 12:12:52 pm
yep.

Bulldog92

Quote from: True_Fan9 on October 25, 2014, 12:12:52 pm
Your good!!

True_Fan9

Well if the playoffs shake out like expected then the dogs will play one of the 2 again

phdefense

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 25, 2014, 11:09:23 am
I know,  I do believe the 8-4A has taken over as the top conference IMO after this past week,   the 7-4A may still be deeper,  going to 7 solid teams,   but at the Top,  Warren, Dollar way, Star City, Hamburg,  the 3rd and 4th seed probably win every conference but 7 and 4-4A this year! 
If Malvern is really getting it together and they Beat Arkadelphia then the 7-4A will have 2 Elite teams with title hopes, and Maybe Arkadelphia is still in that category too, but hard to tell after they lost to Ashdown!,    While, the 8-4A has 4 true teams that if they get hot and don't take each other out all have a legit shot to make it to Little Rock!
This is the strongest top 30 the 4A will have fielded since the big restructuring of 2006.

~WPS~

1. Warren
2. Dardanelle
3. Nashville
4. Hamburg
5. Star City
6. Dollarway
7. Malvern
8. Arkadelphia
9. Pocahontas
10. Shiloh

AirWarren

Quote from: phdefense on October 25, 2014, 12:42:43 pm
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 25, 2014, 11:09:23 am
This is the strongest top 30 the 4A will have fielded since the big restructuring of 2006.

The best football, top to bottom, in Arkansas.

whippersnapper

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 25, 2014, 10:20:59 am
Quote from: whippersnapper on October 25, 2014, 09:22:53 am
1. Warren
2. Dardanelle
3. Nashville
4. Hamburg
5. Dollarway
6. Star City
7. Malvern
8. Arkadelphia
9. Pea Ridge
10. Pocahontas.

Wow, I guess my point exactly,  even a fellow Mena poster doesn't believe Mena is a top 10 team?    played without their best player and another key starter vs the best 7-4A team, and that drops them out?   even though they've beaten Hot Springs,  Malvern,  Ashdown!    and played Arkadelphia on the road very tough.   
Yes I am a fan of Mena but i am also a fan of high school football. I turn in a poll every week in which I try to give an unbiased opinion. And in my unbiased opinion mena is not a top 10 team RIGHT NOW. Could they be later in the year? Yes definitely. If they make a run to the quarters  or lose a close 2nd round game to another top 10 team they would probably be in my bottom 3. But after a tough loss to Arkadelphia a blow out loss at home doesn't cut it for me. And if mena is to win this Friday depending on what other teams do they will probably move right back into the top 10. As for players being out. That is now 2 players that have been thrown out this year. 1 is embarrassing enough and now a 2nd. To me that is uncalled for.

cuckoobird

Just my opinion but i dont think anyone with two conference losses belongs in the top 10 right now. Maybe later though

CatchTheGreyhound!

No newport??? How about that! You know what I got to say about that.......
Goooooo Greyhounds! !!!

WPWells

Here's mine:

1. Dardanelle
2. Warren
3. Nashville
This is where it gets tricky so I trust the numbers
4. Malvern
5. Hamburg
6. Pine Bluff Dollarway
7. Pea Ridge
8. Pocahontas