• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Playoff Projections - Week 9

Started by LJ06, October 24, 2014, 11:42:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

October 24, 2014, 11:42:04 pm Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:19:24 am by LJ06
Projected Conference Finishes

1-4A

1.  Shiloh Christian
2.  Pea Ridge
3.  Prairie Grove
4.  Gravette
5.  Gentry

2-4A

1.  Helena-West Helena
2.  Newport
3.  Heber Springs
4.  Stuttgart
5.  Lonoke

3-4A

1.  Pocahontas
2.  Gosnell
3.  Highland
4.  Cave City
5.  Jonesboro Westside

4-4A

1.  Dardanelle
2.  Clinton
3.  Dover
4.  Pottsville
5.  Pulaski Robinson

7-4A

1.  Nashville
2.  Mena
3.  Malvern
4.  Arkadelphia
5.  Fountain Lake

8-4A

1.  Warren
2.  Dollarway
3.  Hamburg
4.  Star City
5.  Crossett

W 1 Shiloh Christian
BYE

3rd 7 Malvern
4th 3 Cave City

W 8 Warren
5th 1 Gentry

3rd 4 Dover
3rd 3 Highland

W 2 Helena-West Helena
5th 8 Crossett

2nd 7 Mena
5th 2 Lonoke

2nd 4 Clinton
4th 7 Arkadelphia

2nd 3 Gosnell
4th 4 Pottsville

W 7 Nashville
BYE

3rd 1 Prairie Grove
4th 2 Stuttgart

W 4 Dardanelle
5th 7 Fountain Lake

3rd 8 Hamburg
3rd 2 Heber Springs

W 3 Pocahontas
5th 4 Pulaski Robinson

2nd 1 Pea Ridge
5th 3 Jonesboro Westside

2nd 8 Dollarway
4th 1 Gravette

2nd 2 Newport
4th 8 Star City

CounterPunch

I just don't understand how the 2, 3, and 4 seed from 8-4a are on same side of bracket.

DWayAlumn2002

Might as well have a northern half and southern half...

True_Fan9

phdefense

October 24, 2014, 11:49:35 pm #4 Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:51:30 pm by phdefense
Quote from: CounterPunch on October 24, 2014, 11:45:19 pm
I just don't understand how the 2, 3, and 4 seed from 8-4a are on same side of bracket.
Looks like they did that with all the conferences.

LJ06

Quote from: CounterPunch on October 24, 2014, 11:45:19 pm

Thank the AAA.  Potential 2nd in 8 vs 4th in 8 in second round.  Yikes

~WPS~

All conferences have their 2, 3, and 4 on the same side.

whippersnapper

Lol they do it every year. 1&5 from each conf on the same side with 2-4 on the other side. Its horrible in 3a this year. Booneville vs Charleston possibly in the semis.

CounterPunch

LJ06

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 24, 2014, 11:52:38 pm
Lol they do it every year. 1&5 from each conf on the same side with 2-4 on the other side. Its horrible in 3a this year. Booneville vs Charleston possibly in the semis.

That'll be a dandy

bulldoghistorian

Even if Star City wins out, as so they now should, it is still likely we will finish 4th. :( Man, that loss to Hamburg two weeks ago hurt us as far as seeding goes.

CounterPunch

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on October 25, 2014, 12:00:52 am
Even if Star City wins out, as so they now should, it is still likely we will finish 4th. :( Man, that loss to Hamburg two weeks ago hurt us as far as seeding goes.
we could very well face Dollarway or Hamburg again in 2nd round if we win 1st round.

LJ06

Exactly right.  If Warren wins out it would create a three way tie between Dollarway, Hamburg, and Star City.  Right now it looks like SC would be the odd team out on points therefore making them the 4th seed.

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on October 25, 2014, 12:03:31 am

Exactly right.  If Warren wins out it would create a three way tie between Dollarway, Hamburg, and Star City.  Right now it looks like SC would be the odd team out on points therefore making them the 4th seed.
really don't matter. 2nd and 4th seed will face each other and 3rd seed gets Dardanelle. Pick your poison.

bulldoghistorian

LJ06

Quote from: CounterPunch on October 25, 2014, 12:06:00 am

really don't matter. 2nd and 4th seed will face each other and 3rd seed gets Dardanelle. Pick your poison.

Pretty much.  Either way its bad unless you finish 1st.

mossflyer

CounterPunch

LJ06

Ranger

green-eagle

Crossett still in the mix for third , if they win out....

WPWells

An interesting first round game IMO by these projections would be Helena-West Helena vs. Crossett

cuckoobird

Even though i dont think we will get the 4 seed, i like that match up with PG.

FootBallar21

your 7-4A predictions I don't think are even possible if so are very unlikely,

you have Malvern finishing 2nd in conference ,  to do that they would have to Beat Arkadelphia and loose to Nashville,    and have Mena loose to Fountain Lake.    But on the same hand you have Mena finishing 4th and Fountain Lake 5th,   for all of this to happen,   Mena would have to beat Fountain Lake and loose to Waldron , which won't happen,   

Right now, I know it may sound WEIRD looking at how Nashville dominated Mena last night.   But Mena has to be the favorite to win the 2nd seed.     Malvern has finally started playing up to its potential,  and with Arkadelphia loosing to Ashdown.  I would predict Malvern to Beat Arkadelphia,    then as long as Nashville handles its business and Beats Malvern for the conference title.    and Mena beats Fountain Lake,    Mena and Malvern would both sit ALONE in the 2nd spot in conference with a 5-2 record and isn't the first tie break head to head ?   Which would give Mena the edge!

My 7-4A Final predictions would be

1. Nashville
2. Mena
3. Malvern
4. Arkadelphia
5. Fountain Lake / Ashdown Winner!

would be a weird finish but this seems most likely,  Mena for many reasons,  Bad matchup,  having their best overall player out and another key player out vs Nashville really hurt and They just didn't show up in the first half.     However in the 3rd Quarter VS Nashville's Starters,  Mena should of won the quarter and its shut out Nashville's Starting offense and got an interception and late in the 3rd Quarter was driving at the Nashville 4 yard line when Pettiway snatched a great interception and returned it almost 100 Yards for the TD and ended any hope Mena had.    Mena's defense never gave up any points in the 2nd half,   though in the 4th it was Nashville's 2nd string,  also which is who Mena scored against late.     Had Mena's defense showed up in the first half this game would of been Much closer.   Mena's offense really gave them no shot or Nashville's Defense in the first half,   Mena got the ball first and couldn't move it,  and Mena's Punter averaged about 27 yards a punt in the fist half giving Nashville the ball around the 40 to 50 Yard line to start every possession in the first half.   

Nashville is CLEARLY the better team,   but Mena with its 2 players back and that was the worse half of football they have played all year,  isn't 28 points behind them either!   

But what makes those predictions so strange,  you could have Mena finish 2nd,  and give up Nashville's most lopsided conference win outside of Waldron who doesn't count. 

and you could have Fountain Lake who stunned everyone and beat Nashville,  possibly slip all the way out and not make the playoffs!   

LJ06

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 25, 2014, 07:31:03 am

you have Malvern finishing 2nd in conference ,  to do that they would have to Beat Arkadelphia and loose to Nashville,    and have Mena loose to Fountain Lake.    But on the same hand you have Mena finishing 4th and Fountain Lake 5th,   for all of this to happen,   Mena would have to beat Fountain Lake and loose to Waldron , which won't happen,   

Right now, I know it may sound WEIRD looking at how Nashville dominated Mena last night.   But Mena has to be the favorite to win the 2nd seed.     Malvern has finally started playing up to its potential,  and with Arkadelphia loosing to Ashdown.  I would predict Malvern to Beat Arkadelphia,    then as long as Nashville handles its business and Beats Malvern for the conference title.    and Mena beats Fountain Lake,    Mena and Malvern would both sit ALONE in the 2nd spot in conference with a 5-2 record and isn't the first tie break head to head ?   Which would give Mena the edge!

1. Nashville
2. Mena
3. Malvern
4. Arkadelphia

would be a weird finish but this seems most likely,  Mena for many reasons,  Bad matchup,  having their best overall player out and another key player out vs Nashville really hurt and They just didn't show up in the first half.     However in the 3rd Quarter VS Nashville's Starters,  Mena should of won the quarter and its shut out Nashville's Starting offense and got an interception and late in the 3rd Quarter was driving at the Nashville 4 yard line when Pettiway snatched a great interception and returned it almost 100 Yards for the TD and ended any hope Mena had.    Mena's defense never gave up any points in the 2nd half,   though in the 4th it was Nashville's 2nd string,  also which is who Mena scored against late.     Had Mena's defense showed up in the first half this game would of been Much closer.   Mena's offense really gave them no shot or Nashville's Defense in the first half,   Mena got the ball first and couldn't move it,  and Mena's Punter averaged about 27 yards a punt in the fist half giving Nashville the ball around the 40 to 50 Yard line to start every possession in the first half.   

Nashville is CLEARLY the better team,   but Mena with its 2 players back and that was the worse half of football they have played all year,  isn't 28 points behind them either!   

But what makes those predictions so strange,  you could have Mena finish 2nd,  and give up Nashville's most lopsided conference win outside of Waldron who doesn't count. 

and you could have Fountain Lake who stunned everyone and beat Nashville,  possibly slip all the way out and not make the playoffs!   

Completely agree with your assessment.  Gotta remember it was like midnight when I done this so I was a wee bit tired.  Looking closely I do agree. I Nashville wins out and finishes at 6-1 in conference.  Mena and Malvern finish at 5-2 IMO which Mena would get the 2 seed due to the head to head tiebreaker.  Malvern would then take 3rd and I think Arkadelphia takes the 4th with a 4-3 record losing to Malvern in week 10.  The curious one to see will be the Ashdown/Fountain Lake matchup in week 10.  I think FL loses to Mena this week while Ashdown most certainly will take care of Waldron.  That leaves their week 10 matchup battling for the 5th seed.  The loser gets to start basketball season.

1.  Nashville 6-1
2.  Mena 5-2
3.  Malvern 5-2
4.  Arkadelphia 4-3
5.  Fountain Lake 3-4

beach bum

If Stuttgart is the 4 seed I would guess they would beat Prairie Grove in the 1st round. I dont have any reason to follow PG like previous years but I will  say this team is a big dissapointment. I thought they would be relatively close to the last 2 years. PG is locked into the 3 seed having Berryville and Lincoln left... The first game against the 4 seed from the 2 should be tough to call.

FootBallar21

Quote from: LJ06 on October 25, 2014, 08:17:34 am

1. Nashville
2. Mena
3. Malvern
4. Arkadelphia

Completely agree with your assessment.  Gotta remember it was like midnight when I done this so I was a wee bit tired.  Looking closely I do agree. I Nashville wins out and finishes at 6-1 in conference.  Mena and Malvern finish at 5-2 IMO which Mena would get the 2 seed due to the head to head tiebreaker.  Malvern would then take 3rd and I think Arkadelphia takes the 4th with a 4-3 record losing to Malvern in week 10.  The curious one to see will be the Ashdown/Fountain Lake matchup in week 10.  I think FL loses to Mena this week while Ashdown most certainly will take care of Waldron.  That leaves their week 10 matchup battling for the 5th seed.  The loser gets to start basketball season.

1.  Nashville 6-1
2.  Mena 5-2
3.  Malvern 5-2
4.  Arkadelphia 4-3
5.  Fountain Lake 3-4

no worries, you do a Great Job, I have enough trouble trying to figure out just the 7-4A let alone all the conferences keep up the good work! 

FootBallar21

were you on the 2001 Warren team,   that destroyed My bearcat team in the playoffs ? was my 10th grade season but was starting left guard,  going against a senior yall had going to Arkansas State I believe! 

CatchTheGreyhound!

October 25, 2014, 08:31:23 am #28 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:39:40 am by CatchTheGreyhound!
I love it! Newport vs Star City then Dollarway! It gets no better then watching the hounds unleash a can or two on 8-4A! Come feel the Power of true slash and gash football, with a defense so stifling, they can hold you scoreless @ will!!

FootBallar21

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on October 25, 2014, 08:31:23 am
I love it! Newport vs Star City then Dollarway! It gets no better then watching the hounds unleash a can or two on 8-4A! Come feel the Power of true slash and gash football, with a defense so stifling, they can hold you scoreless @ will!!

all about Matchups,   the 4 seed in 7-4A might love there matchup , especially if it ends up Being Arkadelphia,     then a rematch with Mena might be there toughest game as a 4 SEED!,   in order to make the final 4!   

LJ06

Quote from: beach bum on October 25, 2014, 08:22:30 am
If Stuttgart is the 4 seed I would guess they would beat Prairie Grove in the 1st round. I dont have any reason to follow PG like previous years but I will  say this team is a big dissapointment. I thought they would be relatively close to the last 2 years. PG is locked into the 3 seed having Berryville and Lincoln left... The first game against the 4 seed from the 2 should be tough to call.

2-4A is the hardest to call at this point right in front of 7-4A lol

LJ06

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 25, 2014, 08:28:15 am
Quote from: LJ06 on October 25, 2014, 08:17:34 am

1. Nashville
2. Mena
3. Malvern
4. Arkadelphia

1.  Nashville 6-1
2.  Mena 5-2
3.  Malvern 5-2
4.  Arkadelphia 4-3
5.  Fountain Lake 3-4

no worries, you do a Great Job, I have enough trouble trying to figure out just the 7-4A let alone all the conferences keep up the good work! 

So true now watch it all collapse and major upsets happen the next two weeks! LOL watch out for Ashdown in week 10 to come in and snatch the 5th seed right out of Fountain Lake's hands.  Panthers seem to have righted the ship.

LJ06

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 25, 2014, 08:30:33 am
were you on the 2001 Warren team,   that destroyed My bearcat team in the playoffs ? was my 10th grade season but was starting left guard,  going against a senior yall had going to Arkansas State I believe! 

No I was on the 2002 team, but I did witness that whipping LOL

FootBallar21

Quote from: LJ06 on October 25, 2014, 08:48:31 am

Not the same talent gap , as when Mena played Nashville last night, but a similar situation,   Vs Nashville last night Mena knew its best player was out,  and vs Warren that night,  early on our Star Running back was helicoptered out of the stadium kind of took the wind right out of us! 

AirWarren

October 25, 2014, 10:28:21 am #34 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:30:17 am by AirWarren
Quan tran ran into a wall known as chad Poole. He was a mean hitter.

If I were in a street fight in bad neighborhood, I would have wanted him on my side.

LJ06

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 25, 2014, 10:23:44 am
Quote from: LJ06 on October 25, 2014, 08:48:31 am

Not the same talent gap , as when Mena played Nashville last night, but a similar situation,   Vs Nashville last night Mena knew its best player was out,  and vs Warren that night,  early on our Star Running back was helicoptered out of the stadium kind of took the wind right out of us! 

You guys just ran into a buzzsaw that night

~WPS~

Excuses, excuses. That's all Mena can come up with. You got your butt kicked, shut up!

FootBallar21

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 25, 2014, 10:32:33 am
Excuses, excuses. That's all Mena can come up with. You got your butt kicked, shut up!

I didn't get anything kicked and I would watch your mouth and grow up if I were you.    No one has made excuses,  and I've even stated Nashville was the better team and is the Best team in 7-4A ,  no point in you being RUDE! 

~WPS~

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 25, 2014, 10:34:34 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 25, 2014, 10:32:33 am

I didn't get anything kicked and I would watch your mouth and grow up if I were you.    No one has made excuses,  and I've even stated Nashville was the better team and is the Best team in 7-4A ,  no point in you being RUDE!
Everything was fine until you got on and ran your mouth.

FootBallar21

BannerMountainMan

Dang Clinton would have a pretty tough team to play for being a 2 seed

FootBallar21

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 25, 2014, 10:54:58 am
Dang Clinton would have a pretty tough team to play for being a 2 seed

Yes looks like Clinton,  and Newport both get Horrible Draws in the first round for being the 2 seed,  both would be 10 point underdogs IMO if the game was tomorrow,  Also Dardanelle is really good but gets a tough draw with either ,  Mena, Malvern, Fountain Lake, Ashdown who ever falls to the 5th seed in 7-4A,  Dardanelle should win that game , but the right matchup could give them trouble and all are capable of pulling the upset! 

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: LJ06 on October 25, 2014, 08:46:11 am
Quote from: beach bum on October 25, 2014, 08:22:30 am

2-4A is the hardest to call at this point right in front of 7-4A lol
+1 after last night 8-4A  is a bit unpredictable as well!

armchajrhog5

My thought on most Likely 4-4a
Is Dardanelle
Pottsville 5-2 2nd on points
Clinton 5-2 3rd on points
Dover 5-2   4th on points
And Robinson 5th

Might be a bit of a mess of Dardanelle
has a off game and Dover gets a few
Lucky bounces

EagleForLife12

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 25, 2014, 06:58:04 am
An interesting first round game IMO by these projections would be Helena-West Helena vs. Crossett
a very interesting 1st round game. Two teams that are very familiar with each other

cuckoobird

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on October 26, 2014, 01:45:34 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 25, 2014, 06:58:04 am
a very interesting 1st round game. Two teams that are very familiar with each other
I've seen both warren and HWHC. HWHC has more talent top to bottom than warren imho. If they ever find a way to harness it, look out

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas