• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Vs Hamburg. 8-4a title on the line.

Started by AirWarren, October 24, 2014, 10:35:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CatchTheGreyhound!

This game could get halloween scary for all you lumberjacks fans! If my memory serves me correctly. ... It was about two years ago when the lumberjacks had to play second half lights out, because the quarterback that is starting now got shut down by those Lions!!

HeberFan

Big Fan

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2014, 10:04:29 pm
Is either team dealing with injuries ?
It's rare that a team isn't this time of year.  It's the season-ending ones that hurt.  Don't think either have that. 

LJ06

Quote from: HeberFan on October 26, 2014, 10:04:29 pm
Is either team dealing with injuries ?

Warren honestly should be 100% Friday night or very darn close to it surprisingly.

True_Fan9

Hamburg has several starters banged up but nobody has been ruled out for Friday night

LJ06

Warren vs Monticello highlights

cuckoobird

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 27, 2014, 08:57:10 am
upset of the week here
if so what is the amount of time aw hides out and doesn't post?

LJ06

upset of the week here

No.  I know your holy faith in Youngblood runs strong due to his Ricebird ties and your weekly propaganda to be anti Warren, but it's not happening.  Watch and learn Friday night.

CounterPunch

I don't see Hmaburg winning this game whatsoever but hey they said the same about Star City last week. Never know

Superjack45

In about 4 days it is going to get real for the Jacks and Lions hope the best for both teams but enough of that crap, Let's go Jacks,Let's Go time to dig deep and lay these nay Sayers to rest. Be the team that we in Jack land know that you are and take the next step to Glory. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Superjack45 on October 27, 2014, 10:03:45 am
In about 4 days it is going to get real for the Jacks and Lions hope the best for both teams but enough of that crap, Let's go Jacks,Let's Go time to dig deep and lay these nay Sayers to rest. Be the team that we in Jack land know that you are and take the next step to Glory. ;D ;D ;D ;D
this message brought to you by the mayor of jack land.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on October 27, 2014, 09:46:48 am
upset of the week here

No.  I know your holy faith in Youngblood runs strong due to his Ricebird ties and your weekly propaganda to be anti Warren, but it's not happening.  Watch and learn Friday night.

He couldn't stop Warren last year. What is so special about him? Other than him coaching at Stuttgart during the right time.

cuckoobird

upset of the week here

Now you know I have not hated on warren this year. I was actually a fan at one of your games.

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 27, 2014, 10:38:19 am
upset of the week here

Now you know I have not hated on warren this year. I was actually a fan at one of your games.

HA, good gravy. You were just there to watch a game.

Superjack45

Quote from: Oldman on October 27, 2014, 10:09:26 am
Come on OM even that kinda get you fired up.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Superjack45 on October 27, 2014, 10:53:57 am
Quote from: Oldman on October 27, 2014, 10:09:26 am
Come on OM even that kinda get you fired up.
Doubtful, he probably like myself is still trying to interpret it

retiredplayer

It will be a tough game for the jacks since they have played cupcakes the last 3 weeks.   We will have to come out foucsed and put it on then early to knock the wind out of the lions.  I believe Warren comes out victorious in this game.  Looking forward to a chilly arkansas football Friday night! Warren wins 35-20

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: retiredplayer on October 27, 2014, 11:22:45 am
It will be a tough game for the jacks since they have played cupcakes the last 3 weeks.   We will have to come out foucsed and put it on then early to knock the wind out of the lions.  I believe Warren comes out victorious in this game.  Looking forward to a chilly arkansas football Friday night! Warren wins 35-20
this should fire up the redneck cult clan.

CounterPunch

Yea oldman, we suck. Even ballgame through 3 quarters. I guess they were cupcakes for Most of the game too.

retiredplayer

Quote from: CounterPunch on October 27, 2014, 11:38:41 am
Yea oldman, we suck. Even ballgame through 3 quarters. I guess they were cupcakes for Most of the game too.

if you look at the schedule Warren played SC 4 weeks ago so wasn't talking about the bulldogs. you played warren good the 1st half and then jacks pulled away from them because  the defense got tired. Warren just needs to focus on the game only and play an error free game.  Defense is playing well and I fully expect them to continue to play that way.  Just don't see the lions coming into warren and playing good enough on both sides of the ball to win.   

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: retiredplayer on October 27, 2014, 11:43:39 am
Quote from: CounterPunch on October 27, 2014, 11:38:41 am

if you look at the schedule Warren played SC 4 weeks ago so wasn't talking about the bulldogs. you played warren good the 1st half and then jacks pulled away from them because  the defense got tired. Warren just needs to focus on the game only and play an error free game.  Defense is playing well and I fully expect them to continue to play that way.  Just don't see the lions coming into warren and playing good enough on both sides of the ball to win.   
you are right. sorry, i was there and thought it was 3 weeks ago.

Superjack45

Quote from: Oldman on October 27, 2014, 11:27:40 am
Quote from: retiredplayer on October 27, 2014, 11:22:45 am
this should fire up the redneck cult clan.
I knew you would say something original, that's funny right there.

EagleForLife12

Its a very long shot but this could possibly be a 2nd round match up right?

Jack1990

October 27, 2014, 02:02:49 pm #75 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:24:22 pm by Jack1990
Quote from: EagleForLife12 on October 27, 2014, 01:24:48 pm
Not from the bracket I'm looking at. Unless Hamburg and Warren wind up in the 2 and 4 seeds and I don't know how that could happen.

bulldoghistorian

LJ06

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on October 27, 2014, 01:24:48 pm

Warren would need to beat Hamburg, but lose to Dollarway.  Hamburg would also probably have to lose to Dumas to get the 4th seed.  Very unlikely this scenario would happen.

CounterPunch

Dumas can't beat anyone, so no, this will not happen.

bulldoghistorian

LJ06

October 27, 2014, 02:41:33 pm #80 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:35:38 pm by LJ06
Transfer to scenario thread

EagleForLife12

Man, crazy that Warren will be undefeated heading in to week 9 and still have a realistic possibility to be a 3rd seed if things don't go there way

lion1997

Been watching a lot of film on Warren at Hudl.  Very good team.  Two wide outs already signed with Arkansas State.  Home field advantage.  Solid defense.  Should be favored, and they are.  This game will be close because Hamburg has D backs that can run with the wide outs.  QB better be on, because tight coverage will be the norm.  Team speed and depth  favor Hamburg.  Offense has been inconsistent but still has posted huge numbers.  This game is worth coming to see.  Football fans will enjoy it. 

EagleForLife12

Quote from: lion1997 on October 27, 2014, 06:22:04 pm
Been watching a lot of film on Warren at Hudl.  Very good team.  Two wide outs already signed with Arkansas State.  Home field advantage.  Solid defense.  Should be favored, and they are.  This game will be close because Hamburg has D backs that can run with the wide outs.  QB better be on, because tight coverage will be the norm.  Team speed and depth  favor Hamburg.  Offense has been inconsistent but still has posted huge numbers.  This game is worth coming to see.  Football fans will enjoy it.
it will be a great game but I will give the Warren wide outs the advantage over the Lion DB's. Watkins is good but he's not even close to what some Hamburg fans were telling me. I was expecting to see him completely shut down 1 side of the field. Like I said he's good, but you can throw at him, and I know Bo will

LJ06

Hootens has Dardanelle @ Dover as game of the week lol. Oh Hootens says Warren by 7

lion1997

LJ06

EagleForLife12

Quote from: LJ06 on October 27, 2014, 06:31:58 pm
Hootens has Dardanelle @ Dover as game of the week lol. Oh Hootens says Warren by 7
I have no earthly idea of how this is not the game of the week in 4A

True_Fan9

Lions must score. Warren is going to score. Lions have the players. It's just doing it and not having foolish penalties that are drive killers

LJ06

Warren has more than two great receivers.  Everybody thinks of Marshall and Brown because they are Seniors and ASU commits.  However, watch out for Franklin Gilmore and Terrez Hampton.  Both are gonna be just as good when its all said and done.  Hampton has the size and hands, Gilmore has the speed.  The one everybody forgets and the one that has hurt a lot of defenses, especially Star City's is Sophomore Hayden Lassiter.  Gonna be hard to cover those guys all game now that the passing game has had a resurgence.  Gonna be a great matchup to watch for sure.

LJ06

Quote from: EagleForLife12 on October 27, 2014, 06:44:11 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on October 27, 2014, 06:31:58 pm
I have no earthly idea of how this is not the game of the week in 4A

Me either.  I was thinking if it wasn't Warren/Hamburg then it would have to be Nashville/Malvern, but nope it's Dardanelle/Dover lol.  That game won't be close.

LJ06

Quote from: True_Fan9 on October 27, 2014, 06:47:59 pm
Lions must score. Warren is going to score. Lions have the players. It's just doing it and not having foolish penalties that are drive killers

Neither team can afford them.  Warren kills themselves with false start penalties.

True_Fan9

Same with Hamburg. I'll be honest. I'm expecting some points to be scored.

LJ06

Quote from: True_Fan9 on October 27, 2014, 06:55:59 pm
Same with Hamburg. I'll be honest. I'm expecting some points to be scored.

Will probably be like the Dollarway/Hamburg game.  All I ask for is a well officiated game.

lion1997

At LJ06.  Hamburg and Warren go back a long way.   I was part of the Warren, Mickey Oquin  and Hamburg, Don Crews Hamburg era.  Lost to the lumberjacks my junior and senior year.  Only lost one other game in that era.  We had Larry Watkins who went on and played for the Razorbacks.   Question:  the 1997 games featured a Warren team that lost to Hamburg twice.  Before they faced Hamburg in the playoffs and lost, they beat Greenwood something like, 68-17.   How good was that Warren team compared to Bo's teams?

LJ06

Quote from: lion1997 on October 27, 2014, 07:00:36 pm
At LJ06.  Hamburg and Warren go back a long way.   I was part of the Warren, Mickey Oquin  and Hamburg, Don Crews Hamburg era.  Lost to the lumberjacks my junior and senior year.  Only lost one other game in that era.  We had Larry Watkins who went on and played for the Razorbacks.   Question:  the 1997 games featured a Warren team that lost to Hamburg twice.  Before they faced Hamburg in the playoffs and lost, they beat Greenwood something like, 68-17.   How good was that Warren team compared to Bo's teams?

I dunno man those teams back in the day just had a toughness you don't see anymore.  Of course Hembree brought a different brand of football to Warren with the explosive spread offense and has had it rolling ever since.

b.r.93

I got a feeling hamburg pulls this one out...
Lions 35
Jacks 28

lion1997

There is no disputing that Warren has been the benchmark of football in 8-4A for the last decade.  The wide open offense has raised the bar for their opponents.   Hamburg now has a coach that understands this, and has coached at the higher levels of football in Texas and Louisiana.  He coached the freshman QB  that is now starting for LSU.  The future is bright for Hamburg, and it will raise the bar in in the 8-4A.  This year has been a transitional year for the players understanding the philosophy behind the spread offense.  Look forward to the years to come when the youngest Lion has had time to digest the play book and everything begins to click in their mind.  This years team has,  by far,  the most talent and speed in years.  With only a few months to digest the changes in offense, they have struggled at times.  I'll say again, if they somehow, "click" it is going to be bad news for their playoff opponents. 

LJ06

Quote from: lion1997 on October 27, 2014, 07:28:02 pm
There is no disputing that Warren has been the benchmark of football in 8-4A for the last decade.  The wide open offense has raised the bar for their opponents.   Hamburg now has a coach that understands this, and has coached at the higher levels of football in Texas and Louisiana.  He coached the freshman QB  that is now starting for LSU.  The future is bright for Hamburg, and it will raise the bar in in the 8-4A.  This year has been a transitional year for the players understanding the philosophy behind the spread offense.  Look forward to the years to come when the youngest Lion has had time to digest the play book and everything begins to click in their mind.  This years team has,  by far,  the most talent and speed in years.  With only a few months to digest the changes in offense, they have struggled at times.  I'll say again, if they somehow, "click" it is going to be bad news for their playoff opponents. 

Only team in the conference who does not run the spread now is Dollarway.  Its quite amazing.

Romeo

I've discussed before how the spread offense has evolved in high school football. Back in 1997, Hamburg was the only team in the old 3A southeast conference running the spread offense. It was one of the most high potent offenses at that time with Jon Murphy at QB, Anthony Brown, Marques Williams, Shamar Brown, and Tyrone Bennett. The 97 regular season game between Warren and Hamburg was one of the most epic games in Arkansas.

Today, pretty much every team in the 8-4A and most of the 4A runs some variation of the spread offense. I think what has given Warren an advantage over the years is that we've run the spread as our offense since 1999. These last two games for us won't be easy because we face teams that can match our speed. It'll be interesting to see what kind of gameplan Warren has this week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas