• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Vs Hamburg. 8-4a title on the line.

Started by AirWarren, October 24, 2014, 10:35:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on October 27, 2014, 07:45:49 pm
I've discussed before how the spread offense has evolved in high school football. Back in 1997, Hamburg was the only team in the old 3A southeast conference running the spread offense. It was one of the most high potent offenses at that time with Jon Murphy at QB, Anthony Brown, Marques Williams, Shamar Brown, and Tyrone Bennett. The 97 regular season game between Warren and Hamburg was one of the most epic games in Arkansas.

Today, pretty much every team in the 8-4A and most of the 4A runs some variation of the spread offense. I think what has given Warren an advantage over the years is that we've run the spread as our offense since 1999. These last two games for us won't be easy because we face teams that can match our speed. It'll be interesting to see what kind of gameplan Warren has this week.

Do or die time.  If Warren can't fare well the next two weeks, the playoff run will look very bleak.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: LJ06 on October 27, 2014, 06:56:48 pm
Quote from: True_Fan9 on October 27, 2014, 06:55:59 pm
Same with Hamburg. I'll be honest. I'm expecting some points to be scored.

Will probably be like the Dollarway/Hamburg game.  All I ask for is a well officiated game.
Warren doesn't have anything to worry about, that old crippled ref is good for at least 14 points...lol

LJ06

Quote from: mr.b@sc on October 27, 2014, 08:34:43 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on October 27, 2014, 06:56:48 pm
Quote from: True_Fan9 on October 27, 2014, 06:55:59 pm
Same with Hamburg. I'll be honest. I'm expecting some points to be scored.

Will probably be like the Dollarway/Hamburg game.  All I ask for is a well officiated game.
Warren doesn't have anything to worry about, that old crippled ref is good for at least 14 points...lol

True dat!  #PaidInAdvance

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on October 27, 2014, 06:31:58 pm
Hootens has Dardanelle @ Dover as game of the week lol. Oh Hootens says Warren by 7

Lol really?? With Warren vs Hamburg and Nashville vs Malvern the same week? Ok.. Cool

LJ06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 27, 2014, 08:48:10 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on October 27, 2014, 06:31:58 pm
Hootens has Dardanelle @ Dover as game of the week lol. Oh Hootens says Warren by 7

Lol really?? With Warren vs Hamburg and Nashville vs Malvern the same week? Ok.. Cool

Guess they are just trying to jump on the Dardanelle love train.  Terrible pick for GOTW and not being biased at all.

hawgfan15

LJ06

hawgfan15

#1 vs #6 sounds like a no brainer instead of a blowout

bulldoghistorian

This should be Hootens 4A game of the week for sure. The one they chose will or should be a slaughter.

SUGARTOWN

I thought all of you guys hated Hooten's? Why all of the whining about who they have as the "game of the week"?

dc24

I can't decide if this is going to be like the Star City game or not.  I was worried about Star City and how talented they were, and they are still talented and I know it was pretty close for a half, but we beat them by more than I was led to believe we would by the talk on here.  I'm wondering if Hamburg is the same case or not.  I feel like they are better than Star City, but I'm not sure how much better.  I'm confident we are a better team, but I think our schedule could be a downfall.  We played Crossett (better than I expected they'd be) and Star City early, but we played Dumas, DeWitt, and Monticello all in a row.  You couple that with Star City not playing us as close as I expected and I think Hamburg may come out and knock us in the mouth early.  It's just hard to go from playing that level of competition and not playing a whole game to playing a formidable opponent, no matter how good your coach is and no matter how much you preach the right things like one game at a time and the such.

That being said, it may just take one punch where they take an early lead to get our attention to where we get on a roll, or it could be several punches and we may be too far out to come back.  They could also just be better than us, won't know until Friday for sure.  I feel like Hamburg will score early and will keep it close until halftime.  After half, I'm not sure what will happen.  I think we will either pull away like Star City or it'll go down to the wire and either team could win.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 27, 2014, 10:39:28 pm
I thought all of you guys hated Hooten's? Why all of the whining about who they have as the "game of the week"?

I think more or less its just proving why everybody hates Hootens

b.r.93

Hamburg beat starcity by a comfortable margin so I'd say they're better than starcity. Hamburg will be the hardest team that yall play this year in conference.

LJ06

Quote from: b.r.93 on October 28, 2014, 04:51:53 am
Hamburg beat starcity by a comfortable margin so I'd say they're better than starcity. Hamburg will be the hardest team that yall play this year in conference.

It was 30-20 till like the very end when y'all returned an INt for a TD am I right?

noonerricky

Nothing against either team bc both are very good in my opinion but I'm rooting for hamburg just bc it will make warren vs Dollarway even more interesting

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on October 28, 2014, 06:47:41 am
Quote from: b.r.93 on October 28, 2014, 04:51:53 am

It was 30-20 till like the very end when y'all returned an INt for a TD am I right?
Correct. People look at final scores and make conclusions

b.r.93

Hey a win is a win. Doesn't matter what the score was, just matters what it was when the clock hit zero. Am I right?

LJ06

Point was Hamburg never did get much separation from SC.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: LJ06 on October 28, 2014, 12:53:38 pm
a point which will have nothing to do with the warren-hamburg game. my hogs should have beaten bama but that didn't help when we played georgia.

LJ06

October 28, 2014, 02:02:06 pm #119 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:37:58 pm by LJ06
Quote from: Oldman on October 28, 2014, 01:33:20 pm
a point which will have nothing to do with the warren-hamburg game. my hogs should have beaten bama but that didn't help when we played georgia.

Ok

retiredplayer

Point is Warren will beat Hamburg.  I predict it will be a close first half like SC game then Warren will pull away from the lions.  Warren has to many skilled players for Hamburg defense to keep up with. 

LJ06

Its gonna be a great game this Friday night!  Hope everybody comes out and supports!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: LJ06 on October 28, 2014, 02:02:06 pm

Ok
that was easy.

LJ06

Quote from: Oldman on October 28, 2014, 03:10:34 pm

Ok
that was easy.

I don't take bait often.  Gotta throw it towards AW.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: LJ06 on October 28, 2014, 03:11:24 pm

Ok
that was easy.

big old smart fish take patience.

oldballcoach

Lumberjacks step up and take care of business! Warren 38 Hamburg 12

AirWarren

Ok
that was easy.

Please.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 03:48:35 pm

Ok
that was easy.

Please.

;D

Superjack45

October 28, 2014, 04:51:41 pm #128 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:57:07 pm by Superjack45
Looked at the Lions on film vs SC and Dway,going to be a tough one for the Jacks but I do believe we can win it but they are going to have to tackle well because that QB is a strong runner and they will run a couple of trick plays on you if they catch you peeking in the backfield. They are going to throw everything they have at the Jacks and the Jacks have got to be ready to answer the bell,if they do that then they will win but if not it's going to be a long night. I do believe that Warren will win by a touchdown or 2.

LJ06

I have a feeling this game is going to be harder fought than the Dollarway game.

Superjack45

Yeah I kinda got that feeling too our safeties are going to have to be ready.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on October 28, 2014, 05:08:17 pm
I have a feeling this game is going to be harder fought than the Dollarway game.

Deep playoff game atmosphere the last two weeks of regular season. Jacks gotta have a complete game Friday night.

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 05:17:17 pm

Deep playoff game atmosphere the last two weeks of regular season. Jacks gotta have a complete game Friday night.
Yes these kids I have been around since they were in playing in 3rd and 4th grade I believe they will be ready for a fight and our players gotta be smart and not get kicked out of the game because I believe they will try and get our players upset and out of their game by taunting them. I just believe they will pull out all the stops in this one.

AirWarren

Oh they will. Hamburg is dirty like that. Any way they can win. Same with Dollarway. Our boys are gonna be in a dog fight Friday night.

cuckoobird

I will take up for dollarway. I have never seen one of their players throw a cheap shot or talk trash. I know one just got ejected but they were playing SC, a team known for fighting

Big Fan

Quote from: retiredplayer on October 28, 2014, 02:45:32 pm
Point is Warren will beat Hamburg. 
A point that is meaningless once one considers the source. 

TKO123KO

This will be a heavyweight fight when we come into Warren's home town and say goodnight. Yes this is  the championship and one must fall, cuz WE  are the lions, the Kings of Jungle! We bow to no one at all and this is how  fight will go...Warren throws a flag or two, then we side step them and throw a one-two!  Now Warren is on the ropes looking for a way out, but the right hand comes quickly and it's good night! The game is over and you never should have played cuz the Lions are Kings of the Jungle and you dug your own grave!!!

Big Fan

Quote from: TKO123KO on October 28, 2014, 06:33:30 pm
This will be a heavyweight fight when we come into Warren's home town and say goodnight. Yes this is  the championship and one must fall, cuz WE  are the lions, the Kings of Jungle! We bow to no one at all and this is how  fight will go...Warren throws a flag or two, then we side step them and throw a one-two!  Now Warren is on the ropes looking for a way out, but the right hand comes quickly and it's good night! The game is over and you never should have played cuz the Lions are Kings of the Jungle and you dug your own grave!!!
Please read more.

bullseye

You have been knocked out and now are trying to re-awake..

Superjack45

Quote from: Big Fan on October 28, 2014, 06:37:54 pm
Please read more.
finally someone worse than I am. Lol!! ;D ;D ;D

Jimbo Morphis

bobo is that you?

LJ06

I see someone got let out of the Ashley County Dentention Center just in time for Friday night!

Big Fan

Quote from: Superjack45 on October 28, 2014, 07:14:56 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on October 28, 2014, 06:37:54 pm
Please read more.
finally someone worse than I am. Lol!! ;D ;D ;D
Find your victories where you can.   

AirWarren

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 07:53:01 pm
Tko123ko. Here today. Gone Friday night.
Good to see you have recovered from Crossett.

LJ06

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on October 28, 2014, 07:56:37 pm

Over 15,000 posts.
13 years.

Until I die, ill be here.

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on October 28, 2014, 08:11:10 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on October 28, 2014, 07:56:37 pm

Over 15,000 posts.
13 years.

Until I die, ill be here.
yep, but you were close to flat line that night...lol

AirWarren

Superjack45

I just back from chatting with some great guys from SC and was informed about the ruckus that happen Friday. Sounds like it was a lot worse than first thought, I just hope our guys can compose themselves Friday night against the Lions cause from listening to some of the guys in SC the Lions will be ready to play so I hope our Jacks will be well prepared for a great game from the Lions.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas