• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malvern @ Nadhville

Started by polksalet, October 24, 2014, 09:58:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Garo

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 27, 2014, 03:01:19 pm
If you just simply look at history the only time Malvern can beat Nashville is when Nashville is struggling in a down year. When Nashville is good, it doesn't matter how good Malvern is, Nashville still wins.

2008: Nashville 11-1, Nashville won
2009: Nashville 12-1, Nashville won
2010: Nashville 10-3, Nashville won
2011: Nashville 6-7, Malvern won
2011 Playoffs: Nashville 6-7, Malvern won
2012: Nashville 10-3, Nashville won
2013: Nashville 6-5, Malvern won
2014: Nashville 7-1,
Another way to look at this is that Malvern has only one once when the game was in Nashville.  And Nashville has only one win when the game is in Malvern.  Home field advantage could have a play as well.

hawgfan15

Based on that Malvern has never won at Nashville. Both games in 2011 were in Malvern.

~WPS~

Malvern has never won in Nashville in 10 tries. The all time record is Nashville 14-6. Nashville is 10-0 at home and 4-6 in Malvern. They have played 7 times since 2008. The other games were between 1925-1956.

Garo

You are indeed correct sir.  Only in 2009 did the visiting team win and that was Nashville at Malvern with the win going to Nashville.  My math was flawed.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Garo on October 27, 2014, 04:13:32 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 27, 2014, 03:01:19 pm
If you just simply look at history the only time Malvern can beat Nashville is when Nashville is struggling in a down year. When Nashville is good, it doesn't matter how good Malvern is, Nashville still wins.

2008: Nashville 11-1, Nashville won
2009: Nashville 12-1, Nashville won
2010: Nashville 10-3, Nashville won
2011: Nashville 6-7, Malvern won
2011 Playoffs: Nashville 6-7, Malvern won
2012: Nashville 10-3, Nashville won
2013: Nashville 6-5, Malvern won
2014: Nashville 7-1,
So is this a down year for Nashville, or are you going to wait until the game is over to say?

~WPS~

Since you apparently can't compare numbers on your own, no this isn't a down year.

THE D.O.C

I just needed your official word since Nashville did lose, loss, losses to Fountain Lake.

~WPS~

That's the best thing that could've happened to this team.  I'll take that loss for a state title.

~WPS~

And Malvern lost to Mena, we mercy ruled them.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 27, 2014, 05:54:51 pm

But Malvern Killed Fountain Lake,  who beat you lol

~WPS~

Malvern didn't mercy rule Fountain Lake. And we only lost by 3. Malvern lost by 14 to Mena.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 27, 2014, 06:47:06 pm
Malvern didn't mercy rule Fountain Lake. And we only lost by 3. Malvern lost by 14 to Mena.
Malvern had 5 turnovers and 3 key players were hurt.

~WPS~

You must be hanging around Footballer21 having all these excuses.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 27, 2014, 06:53:22 pm
You must be hanging around Footballer21 having all these excuses.
Naaa, just the facts.

intruder

Who's hurt, who's had turnovers, who had wrong defensive scheme, who's ineligible, who's whatever don't matter. At the end of the game it's either a W or an L. In a little over Two weeks it will be either a W or go deer hunting

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 27, 2014, 06:15:09 pm

And you got beat 35-7 at your place. Move along little man

THE D.O.C

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 27, 2014, 08:35:02 pm
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 27, 2014, 06:15:09 pm

And you got beat 35-7 at your place. Move along little man
20-7 Lou Holtz

THE D.O.C

When Mena played Arkadelphia they were 6-0 and had all the confidence in the world. I listened to that game on the radio and it was close all the way. Near the end of that game I heard on the radio that a player was flagged and ejected. I'm sure that lowered those kids expectations, not only losing the game but losing their best player for the next game. So when you say mercy rule, I don't think they had all their cards.

FootBallar21

Quote from: THE D.O.C on October 28, 2014, 02:58:58 pm
When Mena played Arkadelphia they were 6-0 and had all the confidence in the world. I listened to that game on the radio and it was close all the way. Near the end of that game I heard on the radio that a player was flagged and ejected. I'm sure that lowered those kids expectations, not only losing the game but losing their best player for the next game. So when you say mercy rule, I don't think they had all their cards.

Nashville fans don't care about facts,  they only care about trying to look like idiots

snakeface13

So it wasn't a mercy rule then?

kjjackson

Some Nashville VS Malvern numbers:

Overall Nashville leads the series 14 - 6, at home Nashville is a perfect 10 - 0. (just jinxed them)
Overall scoring average is 27 - 15 and in Nashville 34 - 9.
Last year Malvern handed Nashville its worst loss.

polksalet

Top Shelf

October 28, 2014, 04:21:54 pm #72 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:25:43 pm by Top Shelf
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 28, 2014, 03:01:29 pm

Nashville fans don't care about facts,  they only care about trying to look like idiots
Pop Quiz
Which happened first?
a) The clock ran continuously
b) Mena got a first down
c) DOC makes lame excuse for Mena getting mercy ruled
d) foOtbaLll21,      conTInues to.   IMPRESs

hawgfan15

Lol If Mena wasn't ready to play Nashville at home because one player got suspended then they are who I think they are. Keep running with that excuse

hawgfan15

So back to Malvern vs Nashville. Mena is now irrelevant. They got mercy ruled last week and put back in their place.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 28, 2014, 04:46:48 pm

Lol If Mena wasn't ready to play Nashville at home because one player got suspended then they are who I think they are. Keep running with that excuse
LOL, OK HawFan you win, I guess we need to move on. Coach Green said it best! 

hawgfan15

Lol exactly why I used that phrase

kjjackson

Someone that said Mena was going to win doesn't look like an idiot?

Bigbossman

If you hate nashville, you hate america

BannerMountainMan

Who would Clinton not want to play first round that would get 4th seed?

THE D.O.C

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 28, 2014, 06:58:41 pm
Waldron

redeye819

hawgfan15

That is a tough question. What is Clinton's biggest weakness and their strength?

Bigbossman

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 28, 2014, 08:46:51 pm

That is a tough question. What is Clinton's biggest weakness and their strength?
Great question.

cuckoobird

Clinton would love to play nadville. The jackets strength is the scrappers weakness

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 29, 2014, 08:20:01 am
Clinton would love to play nadville. The jackets strength is the scrappers weakness

And what would that be?

cuckoobird

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 29, 2014, 10:38:03 am
Same thing FL did to you

Yeah if we use a 3 man front against a Wing T offense it will be a long night

kjjackson

I don't see where anybody plays defense in that conference. You gotta have stops to win.

Scrappcheerdad

Quote from: kjjackson on October 29, 2014, 12:15:39 pm
I don't see where anybody plays defense in that conference. You gotta have stops to win.

We given up an average of 13 points a game. I would call that pretty good defense.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Scrappcheerdad on October 29, 2014, 02:33:35 pm

We given up an average of 13 points a game. I would call that pretty good defense.

If we wouldn't have given up 32 points to Fountain Lake that stat would look even better. Everyone else has had little success all season.

FootBallar21

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 29, 2014, 02:47:22 pm
Quote from: Scrappcheerdad on October 29, 2014, 02:33:35 pm

If we wouldn't have given up 32 points to Fountain Lake that stat would look even better. Everyone else has had little success all season.

Nashville gives up 16.4 PPG in conference,  with Malvern and Bauxite left, that number should stay about the same with Malvern likely scoring more than 16 and Bauxite less.    Nashville clearly has the best Defense in 7-4A,  and has the athletes,   to give spread / zone read teams lots of trouble.   and against those styles they have to have one of the best overall defenses in 4A this year,    Against another team like Fountain Lake could they make the adjustments to slow them down better I think so,   

Clinton might prefer the matchup Vs Nashville instead of Dollarway,Hamburg , Warren.  Just because of what Fountain Lake did to them,  BUT NO ONE actually wants to play Nashville right now, and I would have Nashville a 21 point favorite right now vs Clinton!   

intruder

Hays in the barn fellas, safe travels to Malvern fans.  I will invite you to eat Mexican food, high priced fish or a burger.

intruder

Or bigbossman will have you for a tailgate

Nanny

Quote from: THE D.O.C on October 25, 2014, 10:32:27 am
Quote from: FootBallar21 on October 25, 2014, 07:46:24 am
Should be a great game,  Malvern seems to be playing their best football of the season right now,  but it is all about Matchups and yes Malvern destroyed a Fountain Lake team who Beat Nashville,  but on the same hand Malvern lost to Mena by 14 Points,   and we know what Nashville did to Mena this week!   

Nashville 35
Malvern 27
Mena was missing 2 key players when Nashville beat them. Malvern lost to Mena with 2 key players out along with having 3 turnovers along with red-zone penalties. Both teams have talent in a skill positions, I think the key is who has the better offensive line in this one.

Scrapper14

I like the Scrappers in this game when they come to play they are hard to beat! Im going with the home team on a field full of orange and black. Scrappers 42 Malvern 17

hawgfan15

Game day! The winner is one game away from a conference championship

THE D.O.C

Malvern will be focused and ready. Halloween Night in Nashville!!!!

redeye819

Quote from: THE D.O.C on October 31, 2014, 09:33:05 am
Malvern will be focused and ready. Halloween Night in Nashville!!!!
We are waiting for you.

Scrappcheerdad

Statement game tonight. The scrappers by three TDs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas