• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which players from the 4A will be playing at the next level?

Started by Gray lizard, October 24, 2014, 09:18:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

I would like to see which teams have players that will play ball after high school. If you know of one list player, current high school, and what college they will play for.

APACHE

JR. #33 Austin McNeely TE/DT for Apaches has offer from Arkansas Tech & getting a lot of interest from D1 and D2 schools.

AirWarren

Darveon Brown. Warren. WR/DB. Arkansas state
Jaylon Marshall. Warren. WR/DB. Arkansas state

~WPS~

LaMichael Pettway. Nashville. WR/DB. Arkansas & Ole Miss are his final two.

Gray lizard

There are some really good ball players in the 4A. Size hurts a lot of them.  You just can't coach size, but you can't make um love the game either.

D-TOWN LIZARD

I know that Dardanelle's Kristian Thompson #11 has interest from UCA, Henderson St, OBU, Harding, Ark St., offer from Ark Tech, & is going to visit Eastern Illinois after the game tonight.  There are more players that will play college ball like Parker Witt and Chris Kershner and Caleb Hicks and TJ Tucker should.  I just know details about Kristian bc I am Friends with his family.

TBone70

HIGHLAND:          Avery Johnson     Arkansas State   Athlete
                           Deon Stewart      Arkansas            WR/DB

Both Committed

Patriot12

Zach Ellis 6'2 295lb DT from Gentry has a offer from UAM and interest from OBU and HSU.

cuckoobird

Quote from: TBone70 on October 24, 2014, 10:09:26 am

Both Orally Committed
fify

whippersnapper

Newport Seniors Khairan Stafford Linebacker. Getting intrest from Arkansas, Ole Miss and Auburn. If the hogs offer I could see him going there.
Jesse Simmons Offensive Tackle. Simmons is a huge get for whoever gets him. 6'4 280 of muscle. This guy doesn't have a lot of fat on him. Just your normal corn fed farm boy. Good feet and pretty game smart.

TBone70

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 24, 2014, 09:57:55 am
According to Twiiter he committed to Hogs this morning.

Hooper80

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 24, 2014, 10:29:52 am
Quote from: TBone70 on October 24, 2014, 10:09:26 am

Both Orally Committed
fify
CuckooBird is a real ray of sunshine!

hawgfan15

Nashville's LaMichael Pettway has committed to the Hogs.

Clintonjacket44

Top 10 recruits from Arkansas are committed to the hogs. Hogs are headed in the right direction. #WPS
On another note, half of those 10 are from a school size of 4A or smaller. Small town football at it's finest.  :)

polksalet

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: polksalet on October 26, 2014, 03:18:16 pm
People from small tones tend to be more easily duped.
I guess that's why all of you Nashville people think the Scrappers have a team good enough to make it to War Memorial this year...

cobra88

In my opinion, the only players in 7AAAA that might be really legit talents for the next level are #13 from Nashville( not Pettway), #23 from Bauxite and then the Bradford kid from Malvern. Any other offers would be wasted.  Still haven't seen Mena or Ashdown yet, but not sure they have anybody with the other three's talent.  ???

~WPS~

October 26, 2014, 04:57:52 pm #17 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:00:39 pm by Ballplayer1
Quote from: cobra88 on October 26, 2014, 04:50:21 pm
In my opinion, the only players in 7AAAA that might be really legit talents for the next level are #13 from Nashville( not Pettway), #23 from Bauxite and then the Bradford kid from Malvern. Any other offers would be wasted.  Still haven't seen Mena or Ashdown yet, but not sure they have anybody with the other three's talent.  ???
Nashville does not have a #13. And this is your first post...

hawgfan15

I guess you meant #12 Hopkins? What a terrible first post lol You will do better... maybe  ::)

intruder

Several D2 schools are showing interest in Honea and Hood from Nashville

Redrock

I understand that dardanelle has several players being looked at right now. Thompson kid has offer from ark tech. Harding is looking at him and some out of state schools according to twitter. Kershner being looked at by a state and tech. Witt kid according to Twitter has offers from ark tech, Henderson state and obu. Davenport had arkansas interest level up to a 9 last week and a state and UCA are showing lots of interest. Hicks kid is being looked at by ark tech. Lots going on over there in dardanelle.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: TBone70 on October 26, 2014, 10:53:47 am
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on October 24, 2014, 09:57:55 am
According to Twiiter he committed to Hogs this morning.

With him comitted to Arkansas. That would mean that Arkansas has recruited 9 of the top 10 In-State recruits for 2015.

cobra88

Quote from: hawgfan15 on October 26, 2014, 05:54:17 pm
I'm sorry, his number was possibly 11. I remember Hopkins, maybe he will mature into a star, but the best player on the field for Nashville was not Pettway in any way at all. Bradford from Malvern was a more complete player of the two. Of course he had a better passing QB also. That usually makes a difference. And while I am at it, don't take this being my 1st post as me being someone without knowledge of the game or the ability to gauge talent. I am very aware of what it takes to get a player to the next level. I have coached many players who played on Saturdays! It is as I stated, my opinion. If Arkansas does actually sign Pettway, he will have to be coached up! The young man from Bauxite is a bigger threat to break it than anyone else in the conference.
I guess you meant #12 Hopkins? What a terrible first post lol You will do better... maybe  ::)

D-TOWN LIZARD

hawgfan15

Lol #11 plays linebacker. Never judge a kid over one game peewee coach.

cobra88

Never got to coach any Peewee ball. I was to busy coaching on Friday nights in Texas and Arkansas. There are other places that play football other than Nashville. But if have never left Howard County, maybe you wouldn't know that!!

~WPS~

minerjack

Ben Madison from Bauxite will probably be drafted in baseball and might pass up college football.

Preacherman

Quote from: AirWarren on October 24, 2014, 09:30:39 am
What about Kilay Cox from Warren? He has to be drawing some interest

Blazer51

Quote from: Preacherman on October 30, 2014, 11:35:32 pm

Is Kilay the kid that plays LB/RB?

STUNNA

Quote from: Blazer51 on October 31, 2014, 11:27:20 am

Pretty sure he only plays offense

Blazer51

Quote from: STUNNA on October 31, 2014, 12:37:07 pm
Quote from: Blazer51 on October 31, 2014, 11:27:20 am

Pretty sure he only plays offense

Do you know if he played as a freshman on senior high? I'm trying to remember if it was him I played against when I was a senior at vv in 2011.

AirWarren

Think Kilay has only played RB since is freshman year.

You may be thinking of calyx Harris. He is our safety now but did play LB some as a freshman. I talked to him before season and he is attempting to get into West Point and possibly play football. Great, great kid all around.

Blazer51

Quote from: AirWarren on October 31, 2014, 02:32:52 pm

You may be thinking of calyx Harris. He is our safety now but did play LB some as a freshman. I talked to him before season and he is attempting to get into West Point and possibly play football. Great, great kid all around.

The kid I'm thinking of was on yalls kick off team and on the right side It has been 3 years so I don't remember for sure. I was 5'9 and 210lbs and he was bigger than me. That's about all I remember bc when he hit me it about knocked me out and the rest of the first half of the game is a blur after that. I didn't fully recover from it till second half. I was just curious as to if he was a was still playing or if he played college ball at all. I know I probably don't remember enough to help figure out who he is. Haha

AirWarren

Probably Harris. He is our big hitter. He leveled hunter Henry his senior year on their opening drive and he never came back out ha.

Blazer51

Quote from: AirWarren on October 31, 2014, 02:49:07 pm
Probably Harris. He is our big hitter. He leveled hunter Henry his senior year on their opening drive and he never came back out ha.

Thats him I think! We went back and forth all game long hitting each other whether the play was around us or not. Lol by the end of the game I had never been so sore and we talked for a few minutes before I realized senior year was over and I lost it. He seemed like a good kid! Is he still playing?

AirWarren

Yep. He is one of safeties and lines up at the H position during power sets. He is one of those kids that can pretty much play everywhere.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Think you might be talking about that Martin kid. Kaylax  broke his ankle in the Monticello game his sophomore year I think.

Blazer51

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 02, 2014, 11:28:33 pm
Think you might be talking about that Martin kid. Kaylax  broke his ankle in the Monticello game his sophomore year I think.
The game I'm talking about was in 2011. First round of the playoffs

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 03, 2014, 12:55:29 am
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 02, 2014, 11:28:33 pm
The game I'm talking about was in 2011. First round of the playoffs
He would have been a 9th grader that year. He had a broken arm so it wasn't him

NewJack2010

Quote from: Blazer51 on October 31, 2014, 02:41:03 pm

The kid I'm thinking of was on yalls kick off team and on the right side It has been 3 years so I don't remember for sure. I was 5'9 and 210lbs and he was bigger than me. That's about all I remember bc when he hit me it about knocked me out and the rest of the first half of the game is a blur after that. I didn't fully recover from it till second half. I was just curious as to if he was a was still playing or if he played college ball at all. I know I probably don't remember enough to help figure out who he is. Haha

I actually went back and watched that film to get your answer.  The freshmen your thinking wasn't Kilay, his name is JD McCarthy. He was more like 6'1 or 6'2 and I saw the hit he laid on you.  I'm not surprised you don't remember it but I commend you for getting back up.  He actually moved to Texas after that year, but before he left every coach who came by asked about him.  Not sure what has become of him.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Blazer51

Quote from: NewJack2010 on November 03, 2014, 11:09:40 pm
Quote from: Blazer51 on October 31, 2014, 02:41:03 pm

I actually went back and watched that film to get your answer.  The freshmen your thinking wasn't Kilay, his name is JD McCarthy. He was more like 6'1 or 6'2 and I saw the hit he laid on you.  I'm not surprised you don't remember it but I commend you for getting back up.  He actually moved to Texas after that year, but before he left every coach who came by asked about him.  Not sure what has become of him.

I wasn't used to getting hit like that, I was used to giving them. Haha I hope he kept playing!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas