• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Saline River Shootout. Warren at Monticello

Started by AirWarren, October 17, 2014, 10:09:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

I haven't been keeping close tabs with Warren since the Southside game, which I watched on the live stream.

After 7 weeks, if there is such thing as an impressive loss, then that is one right there. I don't think you can judge the Lumberjacks too much against that level of competition, but they held their own.

Are the Lumberjacks still using their QB who started the year? Or are you using that WR at QB now?

AirWarren

October 21, 2014, 05:04:04 pm #51 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:08:38 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Almatrackster on October 21, 2014, 05:00:05 pm
I haven't been keeping close tabs with Warren since the Southside game, which I watched on the live stream.

After 7 weeks, if there is such thing as an impressive loss, then that is one right there. I don't think you can judge the Lumberjacks too much against that level of competition, but they held their own.

Are the Lumberjacks still using their QB who started the year? Or are you using that WR at QB now?

No, the real QB has been playing. We got our snaps corrected and he has thrown 8 touchdowns in the last two games. The WR is more of a threat on the edge.

On defensive stand away from walking out of UAPB with a win. Grr.

AirWarren

We will  be playing at the "Showplace of Southeast Arkansas" apparently this weekend.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: AirWarren on October 21, 2014, 05:04:52 pm
We will  be playing at the "Showplace of Southeast Arkansas" apparently this weekend.

Players need to be careful in Billieland. I went to a pee wee football game there a few weeks ago and although the field looks great it could be dangerous in the endzone. Concrete curb in north end zone very close to field. Drop off in south end zone.  I could see potential injuries coming in these 2 areas. Oh yeah no sunflower seeds or peanuts on the field and no Gatorade either. Dont bleed on the white lines!!

AirWarren

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 21, 2014, 05:11:20 pm

Players need to be careful in Billieland. I went to a pee wee football game there a few weeks ago and although the field looks great it could be dangerous in the endzone. Concrete curb in north end zone very close to field. Drop off in south end zone.  I could see potential injuries coming in these 2 areas. Oh yeah no sunflower seeds or peanuts on the field and no Gatorade either. Dont bleed on the white lines!!

Ultimate homefield advantage of them.

retiredplayer

Looking forward to a good 1 quarter game then its over for the billies.  Hopefully darvion can come back this week and get some game experience before a hard 2 games.  Good Luck to both teams but I believe warren comes home with the trophy for another year!  Warren 56-14 

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on October 21, 2014, 03:34:08 pm
Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on October 21, 2014, 03:29:44 pm
Do they have a jumbo tron so we can watch the Crossett/Hamburg...........Dollarway/Star City Game?

They will have to ask the tax payers for an increase for the jumbotron. The tax payers already had one increase with the turf so that may come next year.
Apparently you just make up the facts as you post.

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on October 21, 2014, 02:25:03 pm
Heard through the grapevine that Davis thinks he will beat us. Since they have played the toughest opponents already this year in conference.
Where did you come up with this little gem?  Slow down on the drink. 

Romeo

Davis is a former Lumberjack and graduated school with my mom. I also have a policy of not bashing other Lumberjacks. This game is definitely no fun anymore.

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on October 22, 2014, 09:16:25 pm
Heard through the grapevine that Davis thinks he will beat us. Since they have played the toughest opponents already this year in conference.

I read his tongue in cheek comments on an article on www.mymonticellonews.net.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on October 22, 2014, 10:16:24 pm

I was wondering where you got showplace of southeast Arkansas.

Big Fan

I didn't see the tongue or cheek.  You must be omnipotent. 

AirWarren

Come on. He referenced the "big 3" without mentioning the king of this conference since 2000. And I'm not talking about star city, hamburg, or the thugs.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on October 22, 2014, 10:25:15 pm

Now you know!

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on October 22, 2014, 11:05:09 pm
Come on. He referenced the "big 3" without mentioning the king of this conference since 2000. And I'm not talking about star city, hamburg, or the thugs.
I guess you missed the "except Warren" part...lol

Big Fan

.....and it is.....

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Big Fan on October 22, 2014, 11:24:40 pm
You know that if keep on pointing out all of AW's inaccuracies and fabrications he'll probably ask you to stop talking to him. Lol

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 23, 2014, 07:25:03 am
Quote from: Big Fan on October 22, 2014, 11:24:40 pm
You know that if keep on pointing out all of AW's inaccuracies and fabrications he'll probably ask you to stop talking to him. Lol
Naw, just block you

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on October 22, 2014, 11:26:27 pm

.....and it is.....
Quote from: Big Fan on October 22, 2014, 11:26:27 pm

.....and it is.....

A good showplace for local band marching competitions ha.

LJ06

Sounds like Warren is still a bit banged up.  Barring anything happening Friday night we should be full health by Hamburg.

retiredplayer

Yes heard Warren has some key players that are beat up.   Wonder if they are playing a limited number of snaps or playing until game is over.  Hope they don't let Monticello sneak up on them.  Didn't know warren had they many injuries.  Still looking forward warren coming out with a game. 

LJ06

Quote from: retiredplayer on October 23, 2014, 12:37:25 pm
Yes heard Warren has some key players that are beat up.   Wonder if they are playing a limited number of snaps or playing until game is over.  Hope they don't let Monticello sneak up on them.  Didn't know warren had they many injuries.  Still looking forward warren coming out with a game. 

Limited and yes 4 key injuries right now.

Big Fan

Quote from: LJ06 on October 23, 2014, 12:39:06 pm

Monticello has had two senior linemen out most of the season and just got a third senior back a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, injuries are just a part of football.

LJ06

Quote from: Big Fan on October 23, 2014, 01:42:24 pm

Monticello has had two senior linemen out most of the season and just got a third senior back a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, injuries are just a part of football.

Yes it is and it kills ya when you've only got 34 players.

Complete Biased PoV

Looks like Coach Kelley was right about the information he gave Warren fans after the week 3 game.  It's good to see you guys back on top of 4A and good luck the remainder of the season.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on October 23, 2014, 02:33:36 pm
Looks like Coach Kelley was right about the information he gave Warren fans after the week 3 game.  It's good to see you guys back on top of 4A and good luck the remainder of the season.
Warren has yet to play the meat of their schedule. i.e. Hamburg and dollarway

Superjack45

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 23, 2014, 02:36:11 pm
For real Bird you all thought Star City was part of that MEAT but the Jacks passed with flying colors.

cuckoobird

October 23, 2014, 03:30:30 pm #77 Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:45:00 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: Superjack45 on October 23, 2014, 03:00:20 pm
For real Bird you all thought Star City was part of that MEAT but the Jacks passed with flying colors.
I thought star city should be at the beginning of the year but if you go back and have your son read it to you, you will see where I questioned how good they really were just before yalls game. Their non con schedule was pretty horrendous. Now, do you want to know what I think about warrens qb play as of late? I'll tell you anyway. It seams everyone is back on the bus with it but watch it fall off the next two weeks against hamburg and dway.

LJ06

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 23, 2014, 03:30:30 pm
I thought star city should be at the beginning of the year but if you go back and have your son read it to you, you will see where I questioned how good they really were just before yalls game. Their non con schedule was pretty horrendous. Now, do you want to know what I think about warrens qb play as of late? I'll tell you anyway. It seams everyone is back on the bus with it but watch it fall off the next two weeks against hamburg and dway.

Eh you were against us last year anyway

Big Fan

Quote from: LJ06 on October 23, 2014, 01:48:03 pm
Looks like it might be more of an issue next year after you lose the 18 seniors.  Bo better do some recruiting. 

retiredplayer

Quote from: Big Fan on October 23, 2014, 01:42:24 pm

4 of them are kickers that don't play any other position  so Warren only has 30 to play with   makes it even tougher

cuckoobird

retiredplayer

cuckoobird

Superjack45

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 23, 2014, 03:30:30 pm
I know you are not the only one that changed their mind, but I was just saying more than a few people thought SC was as good as advertised. I don't think the problem is fixed, I will think G has turned the corner when the Jacks play somebody that put pressure on him and he  perform at the level he is now or better and he lead the jacks to victory. Then and only then will I think we are fine at QB, as of right now he is doing a real fine job and I hope he improves even more this Friday night.

AirWarren

October 23, 2014, 04:49:00 pm #85 Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:51:43 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Big Fan on October 23, 2014, 03:58:11 pm
Looks like it might be more of an issue next year after you lose the 18 seniors.  Bo better do some recruiting. 

With nearly 60 on the Jr high, We will be fine.

Next year will be a rebuilding year. Could be star city's year to finally win that crown. 

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 23, 2014, 04:11:36 pm
So why does the lineman kick

He doesn't. A sophomore that is a great soccer player is the kicker.

AirWarren

Warren Better come out focused. Crisp.

Monticello will want nothing more than to beat warren at their new palace field this year.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on October 23, 2014, 09:57:28 pm

Monticello will want nothing more than to beat warren at their new palace field this year.

Warren will be fine.  Monticello isn't bad, it's just they shoot themselves in the foot...a lot.  Warren will take care of business and it will be a fine warmup for Hamburg.

AirWarren

I think Warren's so called lack of depth is really deceiving. We have a solid football team as a whole.

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on October 23, 2014, 09:57:28 pm

eh, yall could beat them with your backups

AirWarren

We will see.

Can't allow this to be a trap game looking ahead to the hamburg and Dollarway games.

Big Fan

Quote from: LJ06 on October 23, 2014, 10:12:13 pm
Monticello isn't bad, it's just they shoot themselves in the foot...a lot.
That's what playing a lot of sophs will get ya. 

southeasthog

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 21, 2014, 05:11:20 pm

Padding has been added to the north end and the fence on the south end has been moved to eliminate the drop off. Only thing to be careful of is overlooking the Billies.

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on October 23, 2014, 10:32:12 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on October 23, 2014, 10:12:13 pm
Monticello isn't bad, it's just they shoot themselves in the foot...a lot.
That's what playing a lot of sophs will get ya. 

We said that a few years ago too. And went to the quarterfinals. :D

Those sophomores are this years seniors.

LJ06

Nobody is overlooking Monty and that trophy will be siting in Warren for another 365 days. Oh btw happy GAMEDAY! Lol

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on October 24, 2014, 06:41:40 am
Nobody is overlooking Monty and that trophy will be siting in Warren for another 365 days. Oh btw happy GAMEDAY! Lol

Time for the boys in orange to go take care of business. Let's go Jacks!

cuckoobird

This rivalry really has fallen of the map. you guys only have two pages and everyone is being nice. Wusses......

Jack1990

To really be a rivalry, both teams need to win every now and then. This one is very lopsided in the Hembree era!

LJ06

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 24, 2014, 09:05:55 am
This rivalry really has fallen of the map. you guys only have two pages and everyone is being nice. Wusses......

They've beaten us twice in fourteen years.  Whatcha expect? lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas