• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Saline River Shootout. Warren at Monticello

Started by AirWarren, October 17, 2014, 10:09:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on October 24, 2014, 11:00:06 pm
Hahaha! Enjoy your win buddy!

Was Sandstorm blasting tonight?
no we went with "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n Roses. Lol

Big Fan

Quote from: Big Fan on October 24, 2014, 11:00:23 pm
Quote from: CounterPunch on October 24, 2014, 10:52:58 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on October 24, 2014, 10:50:26 pm
Quote from: CounterPunch on October 24, 2014, 10:39:42 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on October 24, 2014, 10:29:12 pm
I would like to request a year in advance that the Warren Band Boosters purchase a coffee pot for the concession stand.  Most adult men like coffee, not hot chocolate...that is for ladies, kids and wimps.  If you can score 6 or 7 TD's a game you would think someone would know how to make a freak'n cup of coffee!
you gotta get some enjoyment out of a mont football game don't ya? Lol
I hear ya....SC will be sucking hind teat soon enough.
50-19 since 2009. I think that's a strong football program.
Do you think 53-20 including a state title would be a strong program as well? 
Hello....

CounterPunch

Quote from: Big Fan on October 24, 2014, 11:18:11 pm
I would like to request a year in advance that the Warren Band Boosters purchase a coffee pot for the concession stand.  Most adult men like coffee, not hot chocolate...that is for ladies, kids and wimps.  If you can score 6 or 7 TD's a game you would think someone would know how to make a freak'n cup of coffee!
Hello....
yes I do.  I was just picking at your coffee comment. In no way was I talking about the history of monticello football.

Big Fan

Quote from: CounterPunch on October 24, 2014, 11:19:22 pm
Hello....
yes I do.  I was just picking at your coffee comment. In no way was I talking about the history of monticello football.
My point is all teams go through talent cycles.  Ours just happened to coincide with dropping to 4A and the conference getting very good.  But I do like coffee at cool games and most places have it, but nor our friends in Warren.  They give you a stout cup of swiss miss.

CounterPunch

Quote from: Big Fan on October 24, 2014, 11:24:28 pm
Quote from: CounterPunch on October 24, 2014, 11:19:22 pm
Hello....
My point is all teams go through talent cycles.  Ours just happened to coincide with dropping to 4A and the conference getting very good.  But I do like coffee at cool games and most places have it, but nor our friends in Warren.  They give you a stout cup of swiss miss.
I understood what you were saying. Now get you a big cup of stout black and go hug on momma

Romeo

Big Fan

CounterPunch

Romeo

LJ06

Some quick first half stats.  Don't have full game yet, but they are much different for the starters since they didn't play much in the second half.

QB Gorman - 13/23 for 271 yards 4 TDs
RB Cox - 10 carries for 75 yards TD
WR Marshall - 4 catches for 80 yards 2 TDs

Romeo

The second half last night was a preview of the offense were going to be running next year with Lassiter at QB. Lassiter is a very smart kid who can read defenders well. However, the passing game will be a question mark. Gorman has 18 TD passes in the last 4 games.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on October 25, 2014, 08:39:45 am
The second half last night was a preview of the offense were going to be running next year with Lassiter at QB. Lassiter is a very smart kid who can read defenders well. However, the passing game will be a question mark. Gorman has 18 TD passes in the last 4 games.

I think the light has finally come on for Gorman.  Kid has been lights out.  Of course he isn't even close to the running threat of Drake Jones, but Gorman may actually be passing better at this point.

phdefense

Quote from: LJ06 on October 25, 2014, 08:58:42 am
Quote from: Romeo on October 25, 2014, 08:39:45 am

I think the light has finally come on for Gorman.  Kid has been lights out.  Of course he isn't even close to the running threat of Drake Jones, but Gorman may actually be passing better at this point.
I thought he has always been the better passer. He just needed to get that "Eye of the Tiger", "Ice in his Veins" that QB's have to have.

AirWarren

Wish we wouldn't have let them get those cheap touchdowns on the 10th graders.

OLineman

What has happened to Monticello? Used to the kids WANTED to win and WANTED to work. Now they don't do anything all summer, start workouts after july, and wonder why they don't win.

Big Fan

Quote from: OLineman on October 29, 2014, 08:46:44 am
Now they don't do anything all summer, start workouts after july, and wonder why they don't win.
You're obviously uninformed. 

OLineman

Enlighten me then. Looking back to the years of the Great Leader Van Paschal, the kids worked out all summer, attended team camps, and practiced in helmets after July 4th. I asked a player (a starting offensive lineman) and he said workouts were not mandatory until July and has been that way since Paschal left.

I am genuinely curious as to what is going on.

Big Fan

Quote from: OLineman on October 29, 2014, 09:21:30 am
Enlighten me then. Looking back to the years of the Great Leader Van Paschal, the kids worked out all summer, attended team camps, and practiced in helmets after July 4th. I asked a player (a starting offensive lineman) and he said workouts were not mandatory until July and has been that way since Paschal left.

I am genuinely curious as to what is going on.
6 am workouts continued after VP, although I can't personally vouch for that this past summer.  Still go to team camps and now do 7 on 7 which was never done during VP years.

What you are witnessing is loss in participation the past few years, not a lack of effort or hard work by the kids.

OLineman

I kept up with them this summer, and they attended one 7on7 Tournament. It was at UAM, and I am not downing the Bollweevils, but I think I would want my team to attend more than 1 tournament a summer. Reps for your secondary are extremely valuable, especially with Warren, Hamburg, and Star City in your schedule. I just don't think EVERYTHING was done to prepare for fall this year.

Big Fan

Quote from: OLineman on October 29, 2014, 09:58:40 am
I kept up with them this summer, and they attended one 7on7 Tournament. It was at UAM, and I am not downing the Bollweevils, but I think I would want my team to attend more than 1 tournament a summer. Reps for your secondary are extremely valuable, especially with Warren, Hamburg, and Star City in your schedule. I just don't think EVERYTHING was done to prepare for fall this year.
There was more than one.  Eldo and another one I think.  You are getting some bad info.

Billie Blue

Quote from: Big Fan on October 29, 2014, 11:09:41 am
There was more than one.  Eldo and another one I think.  You are getting some bad info.
Yes he is getting some real bad information because they went to Eldo for a 7 on 7 the one at uam team camps at camden harmony grove 7 on 7 at chg and a another one was scheduled but got cancelled because of the weather I think it rained that day I know this for a fact because I am related to one of the starting defense players. They also had workouts at 6 am during the summer and somedays they would work out in the mornings and go to team camp that evening as far as not mandatory practices I'm sure some kids didn't come to all of them but when they came back they payed for it in extra running especially if it was unexcused

OLineman

Quote from: Billie Blue on October 30, 2014, 09:59:30 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on October 29, 2014, 11:09:41 am
Yes he is getting some real bad information because they went to Eldo for a 7 on 7 the one at uam team camps at camden harmony grove 7 on 7 at chg and a another one was scheduled but got cancelled because of the weather I think it rained that day I know this for a fact because I am related to one of the starting defense players. They also had workouts at 6 am during the summer and somedays they would work out in the mornings and go to team camp that evening as far as not mandatory practices I'm sure some kids didn't come to all of them but when they came back they payed for it in extra running especially if it was unexcused

If that is true, it is still only 3, which is better than 0. And i guess something else to think about is how far they have to travel to attend a 7on7. I know Searcy hosts one EVERY Tuesday in the summer all summer, and a BUNCH of teams close to that school attend. No matter the size or conference. Maybe that is something Monticello should think about doing since they have turf now. And as for workouts, you can open the gym every morning at 6 but unless its mandatory you are only gonna have a handful of young men come in. They are teenagers, and unless you have mandatory workouts, you wont see them until July.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas