• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Star city. 2014 version.

Started by AirWarren, September 26, 2014, 10:44:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

September 26, 2014, 10:44:48 pm Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:49:06 pm by AirWarren
Warren keeps flopping quarterbacks and steers away from the 3 headed monster run game, star city beats us soundly.

AirWarren

Fort smith Southside beat Bentonville tonight. And last week beat another quality opponent. They are apparently a salty team.

I'm trying to figure out where week 1 Warren is hiding.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2014, 10:51:41 pm
Fort smith Southside beat Bentonville tonight. And last week beat another quality opponent. They are apparently a salty team.

FWIW, Bentonville is now 0-4.

Big Fan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 26, 2014, 11:13:32 pm

Bo should have scheduled them.

hawgfan15

Southside had a bunch of new starters to break in that first game. They have started to find their identity now

Big Fan

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 26, 2014, 11:19:51 pm
Southside had a bunch of new starters to break in that first game. They have started to find their identity now
They also seem to be playing with more heart. 

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 26, 2014, 11:13:32 pm

Very true. But it is Bentonville.

7AFBFAN

Agree AW, I am looking for that Warren to show up again soon too. SS is definitely playing with more urgency and improving on defense each week but Warren gave them all they wanted and more. I still think this is their season.

Romeo

The 7A state title winner might end up being one of the Fort Smith schools. Warren hasn't found an identity on offense, which is going to be a problem next week. This Is not a good time to be playing Star City.

Superjack45

They are going to have to stick with Gorman no matter how the game go against SC. I can tell you this if they come out like they did against the eagles they will surely lose. That was terrible pour tackling,the running back from SC will have a field day if we don't tackle better. Seniors got step up and speak up, I didn't see much emotion in the first half.

AirWarren

No emotion. Very lack luster and minimal aggression.

Big Fan

AirWarren

Superjack45

CounterPunch

During the 6 hour drive from Twinkletown to the Big D last night I had only but a few thoughts about this game. Star City absolutely cannot give Warren the chances we gave Monticello last night. Monticello had every opportunity possible to make it a game and squandered it away in Bulldog territory.

Some good things I saw last night was a much improved kickoff coverage and an always potent offense.

All I can say is get ready for a heavy dose of Dajunn Harris. I hope he can get 25 carries or more next Friday. Kid is a freaking beast.

CounterPunch

So who's going to talk the first smack talk?

Superjack45

Nobody from Warren is going to be talking smack maybe ST and CB from the Ricebirds but not Warren we know what time it is. We don't know what to expect from week to week but hopefully it's a good game like it was last year. Friday will be here soon enough and we will see then, so you all can talk smack if you like but this week I will be humble and read more than I post so you guys have at it.

AirWarren

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 27, 2014, 10:26:45 am
So who's going to talk the first smack talk?

No smack talk. Let the boys talk on the field.

CounterPunch

Big Fan

Quote from: Superjack45 on September 27, 2014, 11:17:21 am
I will be humble and read more than I post so you guys have at it.
Thank you Crossett!

cuckoobird

Why would i talk smack? We arent the team star city is about to mercy rule....

LJ06

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 27, 2014, 01:36:14 pm

They didn't play cleanly against a not so good Monticello squad themselves.

CounterPunch

Quote from: LJ06 on September 27, 2014, 01:44:18 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 27, 2014, 01:36:14 pm

They didn't play cleanly against a not so good Monticello squad themselves.
while I agree with you to a certain extent, it was 48-16 with literally a few minutes left in the game with subs in. But you are right, we gave them plenty of opportunities to score. Warren will take advantage of opportunities like that.

Romeo

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't worried about this game. Star City is looking like Clubber Lang in Rocky III. They're hungry and they want to dethrone the champion. Meanwhile, Warren looks like Maverick in the movie Top Gun. Its hard to tell what Warren team will show up.

bullseye

One day warren is world champs, the next day not do sure. Then they have no identity. It is what it is!! The bulldogs are about to kick the jacks in the mouth !! It's on ! The buddy talk is over . The dogs are coming and you know you hate it .

cuckoobird

green-eagle

Quote from: Big Fan on September 27, 2014, 11:31:13 am
Thank you Crossett!

It seems that Crossett and Monticello had establish some doubt within the football gods of Star City and Warren.... But not Dollarway, maybe this game will determine the second seed...

bullseye

Quote from: green-eagle on September 27, 2014, 03:03:30 pm
Thank you Crossett!
ok , so now u jump on the dollarway bus! Ride on brother !!

It seems that Crossett and Monticello had establish some doubt within the football gods of Star City and Warren.... But not Dollarway, maybe this game will determine the second seed...

green-eagle

Quote from: bullseye on September 27, 2014, 03:10:06 pm
Quote from: green-eagle on September 27, 2014, 03:03:30 pm
Thank you Crossett!
ok , so now u jump on the dollarway bus! Ride on brother !!

Not quite on that Dway bus yet!  Warren will lose a conference game... Star City will also but to whom is alway the question.... D'way has been some what impressive, but like all team is all about match ups..... And speed kills, but youth makes mistakes....

So lets again... Lets play ball!!!

AirWarren

It's razorback game day.

I'll let you bumpkins from Lincoln county keep talking until Friday.

bullseye

Quote from: AirWarren on September 27, 2014, 03:31:22 pm
It's razorback game day.

I'll let you bumpkins from Lincoln county keep talking until Friday.
Now that's terrifying!!

CounterPunch

A few stats for the Bulldogs against Monticello.

Tye Brown 16-33 291 yards 3 TDs
Dajunn Harris 12 carries 191 yards 4 TDs
Corey Hampton, Austin Powell, and Darien Chaney all had 1 TD reception.

Defense had 5 interceptions

LJ06

September 27, 2014, 08:16:52 pm #32 Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:19:55 pm by LJ06
Really don't know what to expect from Warren in this game.  Friday night we looked horrid with Brown in at QB and had absolutely no rhythm whatsoever.  Running game looked impressive, but yet again at times we abandoned it.  Team played with no energy and were acting like they showed up expecting to throttle Crossett, in which they found out they were going to get hit in the mouth all night.  It was encourging to see the "pep" the team had when Gorman went in late in the game at QB.  He should poise and accuracy and lead us to victory.  I expect to see Gorman at QB Friday night and looked for us to establish a running game and using him to keep Star City's defense honest.  No predictions at this point.

Some stats from Crossett game for Warren:

Passing

Gorman - 5/7 for 79 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
Brown - 2/17 for 19 yards, 1 INT

Rushing

Cox - 21 carries for 141 yards, 1 TD
Broughton - 3 carries for 72 yards, 1 TD
Brown - 7 carries for 37 yards
Daniels - 2 carries for 28 yards
Lassiter - 2 carries for 10 yards

Receiving

Marshall - 2 receptions for 36 yards, 1 TD
Hampton - 2 receptions for 25 yards
Cox - 1 reception for 20 yards
Brown - 2 receptions for 17 yards, 1 TD

CounterPunch

I hope I can drive to Bradley County Friday night and both teams play to their full potential and its a showdown the way it should be.

LJ06

If Warren wakes up and plays like the 4th quarter of the Crossett game and against Southside it will be a dandy of a game for sure.

Overdahill

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2014, 11:52:02 pm
No emotion. Very lack luster and minimal aggression.

Wow, just doesn't sound like a warren defense.

DWayAlumn2002

Big Fan

Quote from: LJ06 on September 27, 2014, 08:16:52 pm
Really don't know what to expect from Warren in this game.  Friday night we looked horrid
Bo was still keeping it vanilla Friday night.  SC on the other hand unzipped their fly and showed everything they have........advantage Warren. 

hawgfan15

Quote from: Big Fan on September 27, 2014, 09:59:10 pm
Really don't know what to expect from Warren in this game.  Friday night we looked horrid
Bo was still keeping it vanilla Friday night.  SC on the other hand unzipped their fly and showed everything they have........advantage Warren.

LOL now that is funny

Bulldog92

Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 27, 2014, 10:03:43 pm

LOL now that is funny
Yep old BF is right. Took every trick we had in the book to pull off the ol victory Friday night.

Big Fan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on September 27, 2014, 10:17:40 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on September 27, 2014, 10:03:43 pm

LOL now that is funny
Yep old BF is right. Took every trick we had in the book to try and get the mercy rule Friday night.
fify

CatchTheGreyhound!

September 28, 2014, 10:17:17 am #41 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:24:31 am by CatchTheGreyhound!
My prediction is that the Old Blue Dogs from Star City will hand warren a fresh pair of "greyhound" tickets to 3rd seedville  (5 miles south of dollarway). Warren will not, can not win without a quarterback, and Im not sure if they have any quality receivers either. Ive never seen so many dropped passes before in my life (looked like a game of Hot Potato).....And this is the Number 1 team in 4A???

SC 49
Warren 21

By the way....
Go Greyhounds, looks like we will be splitting the conference title thought!

AirWarren

Big fan, it's funny seeing your boys in the spread. I must admit.

mr.b@sc

Star City by 17   ... yes 17 this is not a typo..

SUGARTOWN

September 28, 2014, 04:15:58 pm #44 Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 04:20:50 pm by SUGARTOWN
A couple questions will be answered this week:

1. Can Star City finally step up and beat one of the "big boys" or will they choke as usual?
2. Will Hembree figure out that his best QB on the team is Gorman and play him the entire     game?

Big Fan

IF Warren throws 20 times or less they win.....more than 20 times and SC will smoke'm.   

CounterPunch

Quote from: Big Fan on September 28, 2014, 04:23:33 pm
IF Warren throws 20 times or less they win.....more than 20 times and SC will smoke'm.
I feel like our run defense is our strength. I cringe every time someone throws on us.

Romeo

My man J. Wright is showing off today for the Vikings. He has a career high in receiving yards.

CounterPunch

Quote from: Romeo on September 28, 2014, 06:13:30 pm
My man J. Wright is showing off today for the Vikings. He has a career high in receiving yards.
I see that. Cedric Thornton having a good one as well against San Francisco. Go 8-4a!

Overdahill

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 28, 2014, 04:15:58 pm
A couple questions will be answered this week:

1. Can Star City finally step up and beat one of the "big boys" or will they choke as usual?
2. Will Hembree figure out that his best QB on the team is Gorman and play him the entire     game?

Not sure if it will be a choke but it will be a loss

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas