• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Campbell

Started by Uncle Ivan, June 20, 2011, 07:55:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Paw-Paw

Quote from: 27 Trap on March 22, 2013, 06:46:45 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 18, 2013, 10:16:50 am
Hope and pray everything is going well!  Not that much longer till football season!  :)

Got great news this week from Pet Scan.....am cancer free according to scan PTL.....will be taking another one in three months, if it looks good will go to four and then upward according to Doctor.......Best news I have heard in a long time.....

!!!!!!!!

DogsWin7

Hope and pray everything is going well!  Not that much longer till football season!  :)

Got great news this week from Pet Scan.....am cancer free according to scan PTL.....will be taking another one in three months, if it looks good will go to four and then upward according to Doctor.......Best news I have heard in a long time.....

I am so happy for you and your family!   Continued prayers and many blessings Coach Campbell!

pantherblue

Well said PawPaw!

!!!!!!!! x 10000

bobcat81

Great news coach.  Drove through Corning for the first time in a long time on my way to St. Louis this past weekend and thought of you.  As a Walnut Ridge bobcat recall many of the games against the Corning bobcats.  We talked about it before the Greenbrier-Vilonia game a couple of years ago.   

27 Trap

The Battle of the Bobcat's, Corning vs Walnut Ridge , there were some great games between those two schools, remember going back to Corning and having to drive by the Polar Freeze, always a crowd there.....Coach Bill Hughes is a good friend of mine, know he drove all the way from Mountain Home to be at one of my many surgeries a few years back, I was checking in at Baptist Hospital in LR  at 5:30 in the morning and looker around and there he was, he is a "special"  person and was a great coach , words cannot how much I thank of him....

bobcat81

Coach Hughes was my coach.  Yes, a special person.  It's interesting you mention the Polar Freeze.  My mother still lives just about three blocks from there and each time we're visiting we have to go there.  My girls also have become hooked and request to go there even before I mention it. 

27 Trap

June 26, 2013, 09:46:43 pm #256 Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:25:37 am by Eddie Goodson

Had Pet Scan about three weeks ago, everything looked great, going up to four months now, will have another one in October.....That's great news, thanks for all your Prayers......

DogsWin7

Praying you are still doing well!   Football is almost here!

27 Trap

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 10, 2013, 09:43:39 pm

Thanks for your Prayers.......Am still doing well, no sign of cancer for over a year now...PTL.........Went to two scrimmage games this week, sure felt  good getting back to watching High School Football again.......Wishing all the Coaches & Players the best of luck this year......There is nothing like High School Football on Friday nights........Fans get out and support your local teams......

tmycjy

Quote from: 27 Trap on August 31, 2013, 01:14:09 pm

Thanks for your Prayers.......Am still doing well, no sign of cancer for over a year now...PTL.........Went to two scrimmage games this week, sure felt  good getting back to watching High School Football again.......Wishing all the Coaches & Players the best of luck this year......There is nothing like High School Football on Friday nights........Fans get out and support your local teams......

Hope we see u September 13 when wynne plays Viloina

DogsWin7

Quote from: 27 Trap on August 31, 2013, 01:14:09 pm

So very glad to hear you are doing well and are getting to enjoy some football!   

papabearfan143

Don this is Jerry, So good to see you on here and reports I have been getting from Family. Just want you to know your in our prayers and keep on with the faith. Also as long as you feel like it keep passing on some of that knowledge to other and football sense too.  ;D

True Believer

Coach I hope you were at the game last night.  I know you were very proud of both teams.  Coach U learned so  much from you and always speaks highly.   Glad to see you are doing much better.  God is good. 

FD4

Hey Coach Campbell, Just letting you know, at least from me and lots of others, still thinking about ya and pretty sure I saw you at the Wynne/Vilonia game, if not, you have a twin.  Anyway, keep on doing what ever it is your doing and enjoy life, its too short not to.  FD4, Fred D. Heath, Wynne Fire Department.  Oh almost forgot, Lynn Blake said hello as well.

tmycjy

Quote from: FD4 on September 16, 2013, 08:09:48 am
Hey Coach Campbell, Just letting you know, at least from me and lots of others, still thinking about ya and pretty sure I saw you at the Wynne/Vilonia game, if not, you have a twin.  Anyway, keep on doing what ever it is your doing and enjoy life, its too short not to.  FD4, Fred D. Heath, Wynne Fire Department.  Oh almost forgot, Lynn Blake said hello as well.

Hey here was there he came by our house to talk for awhile

turftime

Congrats Coach Campbell for going into the Forest City Hall of Fame. Glad you got to come to Wynne game afterwards and see Deangelo get number retired !!!!!

27 Trap

Quote from: tmycjy on September 17, 2013, 06:24:45 am
Quote from: FD4 on September 16, 2013, 08:09:48 am

Hey here was there he came by our house to talk for awhile

[/quote
Always great to get back to Wynne for a visit and see some friends, lots great memories from those years........Got to see DeAngleo Williams last week, they retired his jersey, #34 could run that football...........

Lions84

PTL Coach your doing great.  Keep up the good work.

chaingang

Coach......if you want to ride with me and Vance and Mr.Joe to Batesville Friday night we could meet you in Bald Knob....leave your truck and go with us.......let me know and I will call you.

Lions84

Quote from: turftime on September 29, 2013, 12:18:20 pm
Congrats Coach Campbell for going into the Forest City Hall of Fame. Glad you got to come to Wynne game afterwards and see Deangelo get number retired !!!!!

Congrads to you Coach.

DogsWin7

Congratulations!   Well deserved!  :)

Uncle Ivan

Congratulations to Coach Campbell for his upcoming induction into the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame.  A well deserved honor.

DogsWin7

That's awesome!   Many Congrats Coach Campbell!   

True Believer

Holy Moly are they just getting around to doing this!!   Congrats Coach!   So happy for you!

Uncle Ivan

Lions84

Congratulation's to Coach!

27 Trap

Quote from: chaingang on November 18, 2012, 01:39:36 pm
Quote from: deltahog66 on November 16, 2012, 09:43:08 am
Hey coach, I haven't seen you in several years but I hope you continue to improve.  Played for you on the 04 team.  You touched a lot of peoples lives and helped to make them good men.  I speak for all of us from the 04 state team, thank you for all that you did and you will always be in our prayers.  Hopefully, I will see you soon watching the jackets.   

"RUN IT AGAIN!!"    D. C.
When I read this I laughed out loud......I was lucky enough to have two sons play for ''THE GENERAL''.......and I also was fortunate to be on the sidelines all the time Coach was in Wynne........I heard lots of sayings and quotes from Coach and kinda took him for granted. He was one of the best in the state and he was in Wynne and we were better for it. My oldest son played for Coach in ''96'' ''97'' and ''98''. My youngest was lucky enough to play on the 2001 team and see us win State that year, but as fate would have it neither one played on the ''99'' and ''2000'' teams which I still say were two of the best teams I had ever seen on a football field.......both losing out in the 3rd round to Alma and Hope and I think they both went on to win state too. My oldest came in one day and as usual I asked him how practice had gone since I couldn't make it by to watch them that day......( some days you could count as many as 80 cars parked and watching the JACKETS practice ). He said it was ok but they had run a play a bunch that day .....he said he had run that play for six years since the 7th grade.....''I know what and where everyone's blocking assignment is and can do it in my sleep''. I said ''what was the problem then'' and he said ''when we ran it about 6 or 7 times I asked some guys in the huddle how many times we had run it and everyone said the same....so I started counting and we ran it 22 more times''. After running it over and over and over either someone wasn't blocking the right guy or the guard wasn't pulling fast enough or the back was to deep in the backfield.........Coach would say the same thing.....''RUN IT AGAIN''!!!!!!  Finally my son said ( and he doesn't embellish as much as I do) ,  Coach said, '' forget it you dumbheads we will run again tomorrow till we get it right '',and they did and they did get it right. Coach I enjoyed seeing you and Chris Friday nite and you looked great.......Cancer had no idea what it was doing by coming to your front door. Hope you can come back to the CF game this week so you can set up in the pressbox and eat some of Chris Y's burnt popcorn........HAHA

Really enjoyed reading this old quote again, we did make them run plays until I thought they ran it like it was supposed to be run, always have said there is a lot of difference between running a play and executing a play....If I could say one thing that made it good,  it was reps, we didn't have many plays but they knew what everyone was supposed to do...
      It has eight years since I retired, still miss those Friday nights and calling plays, plus being around the kids and coaches, a special time in my life...The last eight years have been tough,  battling cancer and two rounds of chemo plus seven operations ,   I am lucky and blessed to still me here, they survival rate for stage four colon cancer is 6%, and I am blessed to be in that group , guess the "Good Lord" is still not finished we me...
Still in touch with my kids,  mailed some DVD's today to a young man who played on the 2001 team at Wynne, that is what coaching is all about, trying to making a difference in the lives of the  young men you coach...
     We have a great game but we teach more than football, we teach life and the lessons we learn out there on that field can stay with you all your life, people can't make it in this world today without "discipline", the world will eat them up...The work ethic and commitment we demand from our players is  essential,  one of my favorite quotes was "THE THINGS IN THIS LIFE, THAT MEANS THE MOST TO YOU AND THE THINGS YOUR HAVE TO WORK THE HARDEST FOR"....

Lions84

Thanks for those Words General and We are Proud to have played against you nearly 30 years ago.

PrivateLesson

Great thread and Coach.   

Redwolves8526

Just revisited this today. Great stuff

Lions84

Coach was very nice to us when we played them during a scrimmage game.

Mulerider4Life

Coach Campbell what are your thoughts on Benton Harmony Grove this season?

StephenM

Idk how old this thread is but its a treat to read. Proud Wynne alumni, and my dad was friends with Coach Campbell. Love the insight!

bleudog

JacketFan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas