• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Living in JC vs Winning the ring

Started by doggieskoot2, January 30, 2019, 09:16:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

doggieskoot2

The question is:  Is it worth living in Junction City to win as many state titles as you want?

i40traveler

There are some nice communities in El Dorado to live in.  But you're an hour and a half away from Shreveport, Munroe, Little Rock.  Just depends on your lifestyle I suppose

Jimbo Morphis

doggieskoot2

I stayed in a hotel in Monroe one time.  I got my window busted out and stereo stolen.   True story.

dragondad

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on January 30, 2019, 09:16:04 am
The question is:  Is it worth living in Junction City to win as many state titles as you want?

If this is in reference to Coach Jones,  he didnt live in JC,  hes lived in El Dorado since day one of becoming JC Head Coach

POWERCAT PRIDE

Dad..I think he's referring to LA (Lower Arkansas) in general. Is it worth living ANYWHERE down there just to get some rings

dragondad

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 30, 2019, 01:36:55 pm
Dad..I think he's referring to LA (Lower Arkansas) in general. Is it worth living ANYWHERE down there just to get some rings

Hmmm..... been here most of 45 years,  never met anyone that lived here just to win a ring. 

boogercat

Jones used Junction City as a stepping stone. It's a mistake on El Dorado's part by hiring him.

bleudog

January 30, 2019, 02:34:08 pm #8 Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 03:05:02 pm by bleudog
Quote from: doggieskoot2 on January 30, 2019, 09:16:04 am

I don't know what lovely bit of Arkansas paradise you might call home, but my wife, son and I lived in El Dorado up until he was old enough to start school.  Then we moved into the JC district to get him in a smaller school system.  That was back when Dragon football wasn't much to brag about.  We still worked in El Dorado but also started attending church in JC.  Good bunch of folks.  If I had it to do over again, wouldn't do anything different.

Now as a little lagniappe, by the time our son graduated, he was a two sport athlete who was involved in 7 semi-final games, 3 championship games and has 2 rings to show for it.

dragondad

Quote from: boogercat on January 30, 2019, 02:09:28 pm
Jones used Junction City as a stepping stone. It's a mistake on El Dorado's part by hiring him.

For the majority of coaches, every job is a stepping stone.  That's the way it works.

gatecrasher

Pretty sure no one saw this coming.

The moment Mike Malham announced his retirement I knew Scott Reed would probably wind up there.

But who saw Jones going to El Dorado? If you say you did you are lying.

There were two coaches that applied for the position that won state titles recently. One won one this past season. Truthfully I figured one of those guys would wind up with it, although I did find out that the coach that won a title this year withdrew his name from consideration.

athletic supporter

Quote from: gatecrasher on January 30, 2019, 06:33:56 pm

The moment Mike Malham announced his retirement I knew Scott Reed would probably wind up there.

There were two coaches that applied for the position that won state titles recently. One won one this past season. Truthfully I figured one of those guys would wind up with it, although I did find out that the coach that won a title this year withdrew his name from consideration.

Eldridge applied and withdrew?

dragondad

Well,  hate to disappoint, but I predicted it the day Reeds resignation went public.  Jones lives in El Do, attends church in El Do, his wife is well known and runs the school at 1st Baptist, they're members of the El Do country club,  attend social events in El Do,  he too recently was runner up at state and then hwon a state championship, was coach of the year, did quite well as the OC at Searcy, hes young and runs a fast paced exciting offense and demands a lot from his players on the field, in the classroom and on campus, and in the public.   The only question is, are the parents, players, coaches and fans willing to do and buy into what hes about to bring.

POWERCAT PRIDE

January 30, 2019, 07:48:22 pm #13 Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 07:51:28 pm by POWERCAT PRIDE
Quote from: dragondad on January 30, 2019, 07:02:37 pm
Well,  hate to disappoint, but I predicted it the day Reeds resignation went public.  Jones lives in El Do, attends church in El Do, his wife is well known and runs the school at 1st Baptist, they're members of the El Do country club,  attend social events in El Do,  he too recently was runner up at state and then hwon a state championship, was coach of the year, did quite well as the OC at Searcy, hes young and runs a fast paced exciting offense and demands a lot from his players on the field, in the classroom and on campus, and in the public.   The only question is, are the parents, players, coaches and fans willing to do and buy into what hes about to bring.

They bought into Reed, I am sure they will buy into Jones. Reed wasn't a pussycat either. Eldo fans are hungry for another title. The talent is there. Be forewarned though. He's got to go through The Godfather of 6A...the other Jones at Greenwood to get one. Also Harris at Benton and probably Bolding at Pine Bluff to get that title. It ain't gonna be easy. AGAIN, AND I WILL KEEP PREACHING THIS....THIS AIN'T 2A ANYMORE.  I just hope HE'S ready.

THA TRUTH

A bunch of people from JC figured he would apply for it.... just didn't think Eldo would hire him

Monsta

He always talked about a big time program and jc was not big enough, but understand he has to not only look out for himself but for his family too he has twins on the way and already has 2 little ones, all biased stuff aside he is a great guy and a great coach if they accept him and learn quick maybe Eldo could be as good as jc ;) :D

boogercat

Quote from: dragondad on January 30, 2019, 07:02:37 pm

No how he got the job was brown nosing Matthew Sheppard.

WHITEchicken

Know? Booger you are something else. I feel sorry for the program if you are around it.

Monsta

Quote from: WHITEchicken on January 31, 2019, 07:26:08 am
Know? Booger you are something else. I feel sorry for the program if you are around it.
Or he simply applied like everyone else ;)

dragondad

Quote from: boogercat on January 31, 2019, 07:13:21 am

No how he got the job was brown nosing Matthew Sheppard.

So Shep controls your school board, super, and AD?

Monsta

Quote from: dragondad on January 31, 2019, 10:11:22 am
don't fill the minds of the uneducated with knowledge, just let them stay on the outside looking in

boogercat

Quote from: dragondad on January 31, 2019, 10:11:22 am

Hate to say it of course he does. Politics and a football program don't mix well. Jones will see this first hand and he will get out fast. Just wait and see what happens. I have warned yall but yall won't listen. 

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: boogercat on January 31, 2019, 01:00:12 pm

Hate to say it of course he does. Politics and a football program don't mix well. Jones will see this first hand and he will get out fast. Just wait and see what happens. I have warned yall but yall won't listen.

So why would Vaughn want to be the HC in that kind of environment. Sounds like he avoided the bullet to me.

Monsta

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 31, 2019, 01:11:32 pm
So why would Vaughn want to be the HC in that kind of environment. Sounds like he avoided the bullet to me.
you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink

gatecrasher

Boogercat I may not live in El Dorado anymore but I still know a LOT of people down there that know what's going on.

And I guarantee you Matthew Shepherd is not doing what you attest. Not even a little bit.

So please stop.

dragondad

January 31, 2019, 09:26:25 pm #25 Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 09:30:54 pm by dragondad
Quote from: gatecrasher on January 31, 2019, 07:49:05 pm
Boogercat I may not live in El Dorado anymore but I still know a LOT of people down there that know what's going on.

And I guarantee you Matthew Shepherd is not doing what you attest. Not even a little bit.

So please stop.

He cant hear you with Vaughns jockstrap wrapped around his head.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: dragondad on January 31, 2019, 09:26:25 pm

Thanks! I just spit my drink all over my keyboard  ;D ;D

gatecrasher

That was funny. I'll give you that one.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: dragondad on January 31, 2019, 09:26:25 pm
Well played sir.

Monsta

boogercat

Quote from: gatecrasher on January 31, 2019, 07:49:05 pm

So please stop.

I don't live there anymore. I moved away after how they treated Coach Gray.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: boogercat on February 04, 2019, 09:25:47 am
I don't live there anymore. I moved away after how they treated Coach Gray.
Probably why they haven't won state lately.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas