• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

62A in 2019

Started by i40traveler, January 29, 2019, 12:42:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

i40traveler

3 of the last 8 teams in the state came from this league, including the state runner up.  How do you think it shakes out in 2019?

Hazen - returns both all state running backs and the top rated player in the state at QB.  Had the #1 offense and #1 defense in 2A last year going into the championship game.  But they will have to replace the 2A defensive player of the year and several key linemen.

Des Arc - Drake Weider leaves for Riverview and the Tyler Paschal era begins.  Remains to be seen what they will look like but DA is always a hard nose, gritty football team with decent (not great) athletes.  Look for them to be a top team in 2A again

Earle - I know Earles Jr High was very dominant thanks to a very talented QB/RB duo.  Add those two talents to what they have coming back, Earle might be the favorite in this league.

Carlisle - Carlisle returned to its roots midway through last season and got back to smash mouth football.  Going into this season with some experience under their belt, will they return to Carlisle of old?

Clarendon - After a decent 2017 campaign, Clarendon seemed to regress a little bit in 18.  Can they get some of the bball players and keep some of those good jr high players on the field in 19?

Marianna-Lee - Had a really talented, strong QB last year but I think he was a senior.  Can marianna progress its program to be a playoff team?

Brinkley - Tough couple of years for Brinkley, will they be able to scratch a few wins in 19?

Marvell - 8 Man?

I'm going to go with....

1. Hazen
2. Earle
3. Des Arc
4. Carlisle
5. Clarendon
6. Brinkley
7. Marianna
8. Marvell

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I was told the new coach will maintain the same type offense at des arc

BisonFan1

Quote from: i40traveler on January 29, 2019, 12:42:48 pm
3 of the last 8 teams in the state came from this league, including the state runner up.  How do you think it shakes out in 2019?

Hazen - returns both all state running backs and the top rated player in the state at QB.  Had the #1 offense and #1 defense in 2A last year going into the championship game.  But they will have to replace the 2A defensive player of the year and several key linemen.

Des Arc - Drake Weider leaves for Riverview and the Tyler Paschal era begins.  Remains to be seen what they will look like but DA is always a hard nose, gritty football team with decent (not great) athletes.  Look for them to be a top team in 2A again

Earle - I know Earles Jr High was very dominant thanks to a very talented QB/RB duo.  Add those two talents to what they have coming back, Earle might be the favorite in this league.

Carlisle - Carlisle returned to its roots midway through last season and got back to smash mouth football.  Going into this season with some experience under their belt, will they return to Carlisle of old?

Clarendon - After a decent 2017 campaign, Clarendon seemed to regress a little bit in 18.  Can they get some of the bball players and keep some of those good jr high players on the field in 19?

Marianna-Lee - Had a really talented, strong QB last year but I think he was a senior.  Can marianna progress its program to be a playoff team?

Brinkley - Tough couple of years for Brinkley, will they be able to scratch a few wins in 19?

Marvell - 8 Man?

I'm going to go with....

1. Hazen
2. Earle
3. Des Arc
4. Carlisle
5. Clarendon
6. Brinkley
7. Marianna
8. Marvell

I think this is pretty spot on.  I agree that Hazen will be dominant once again.  Earle/DA...could easily be swapped to DA/Earle.  I think a lot depends on how the transition from Widener to Paschal goes.  It appears that they are going to run the same type of offense, so that should help. 

Much like last year, I think the 4/5 spot will come down to Carlisle and Clarendon.  Speaking of the Bison, I'm not real sure what to expect from them.  I know they lost some key pieces this past year to graduation that will have to be replaced.  As always, depth and injuries will dictate how successful or unsuccessful the season will be.  I will also be curious to see if the coaching staff sticks with the 'ground and pound' or tries to go back to the spread.  Clarendon will have athletes, it's just a matter of them being motivated enough to produce on the field, especially later in the year. 

The final four teams will all battle to avoid the last spot in the conference.  As has been the case for the last couple of years, this conference is extremely top heavy.  Hazen, Earle and DA are all solid teams that could easily compete for a state title.  However the drop off from 3 to 4 is MASSIVE.  I hope that eventually Carlisle will get back to being just as formidable as the top three are.  Guess only time will tell...

jbtiger73

Marianna lost some pretty decent athletes. Also, jr high wasn't very good either. But I think it's going to be between Earle and Hazen. If Earle's youth can grow up fast, it will be very interesting. Don't count out DA. but being a first year coach is going to be very challenging. But DA is a great place to be a first year coach.

Coach95

Word on the street Hazen is picking up a few move in's with all the college attention around them, and hear they gained 3 linemen 260 plus.

i40traveler

Quote from: Coach95 on February 02, 2019, 10:38:51 am
Word on the street Hazen is picking up a few move in's with all the college attention around them, and hear they gained 3 linemen 260 plus.

If that is the case, Hazen will mercy rule its way to a state championship

Old Scrapper

I heard two lineman 230/240 range and just one at 260.

Lions84

It will be a good year.  I would love to see the Lions go 7-3.

Trojanbird

Quote from: Old Scrapper on February 05, 2019, 01:46:10 pm
Where did they move from?  Surely not Carlisle!

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Old Scrapper on February 05, 2019, 01:46:10 pm
Get them a key to the weight room if Hazen can develop some linemen and get some good senior leadership we should make another run at WMS

Coach95

Got word a special QB just moved in so they can move the beast to tight end.

Lions84

Good for the Purple Haze!

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Lions84 on April 23, 2019, 05:10:02 pm
Good for the Purple Haze!
Unless Hazen gets over confident they go for 3-peat DA Earle Carlisle Clarendon make the playoffs

threepeoplematter

Hazen will be a force to be reckoned with.

jbtiger73

Just looked on MaxPreps and the AAA website. Is Carlisle really traveling up to Pennsylvania for a game? if so, what's the connection? I know a lot of the highly regarded teams normally play teams that far out of state. like PA and NLR. so who's footing the bill for this trip?

Sonofasonofasailor

July 04, 2019, 11:58:55 am #15 Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 12:01:41 pm by Sonofasonofasailor
Quote from: jbtiger73 on July 03, 2019, 07:07:21 pm
Just looked on MaxPreps and the AAA website. Is Carlisle really traveling up to Pennsylvania for a game? if so, what's the connection? I know a lot of the highly regarded teams normally play teams that far out of state. like PA and NLR. so who's footing the bill for this trip?

Carlisle picked up Johnson County Westside on 9/6 to compensate for losing Brinkley.  There is a Carlisle, PA so maybe that's where someone got their wires crossed.

https://fearlessfriday.com/school/Carlisle.html

The Carlisle-Lonoke football game has been moved to Week 0, according to Carlisle coach Caleb Shock. The date for the game is Aug. 30 at Fred C. Hardke Field.
Carlisle had lost a home game against Brinkley in Week 9 because of the Tigers choosing to play 8-man football this season.
With the Carlisle-Lonoke game being moved to Week 0, the Bison were able to schedule Johnson County Westside in Week 1, the second game of the season.
Carlisle will have four home games and six road games.
Home games including Lonoke on Aug. 30 against Lonoke, Sept. 6 against Westside, Oct. 4 against Des Arc and Oct. 11 vs. Marvell.
Road games include: Sept. 13 at DeWitt, Sept. 20 at Baptist Prep, Sept. 27 at Hazen, Oct. 18 at Marianna, Oct. 25 at Clarendon and Nov. 8 a Earle.
The Bison will be idle Nov. 1.

Hasbeen92

Happy birthday American greatest country in the world! Hope Hazen can win one more game this year and I don't think Carlisle is playing an out of state game

jbtiger73

I was assuming that. I've actually been through Carlisle, PA before headed to Philadelphia

Sonofasonofasailor

Was word on the street correct and did these studs roll into Hayraisn'?

Lions84

Sonofasonofasailor

Any word on how the Carlisle v. BK scrimmage turned out?

CaptainSwarm25

Hazen will have a 9th grade up and comer at QB this season. He'll be the next college athlete out of this small town.

HoopKing

Carlisle won 20-12.  Up 14-6 at halftime with starters playing

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: HoopKing on August 24, 2019, 08:36:43 pm
Carlisle won 20-12.  Up 14-6 at halftime with starters playing

Sounds promising.  Good luck against the Rabbits.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas