• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC's Jones

Started by POWERCAT PRIDE, January 28, 2019, 06:26:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

POWERCAT PRIDE

Could he be wearing another teams Purple next fall? Hmmm  ;D

gatecrasher

POWERCAT PRIDE

Gate we will find out tomorrow. Several good candidates on the list. Heck of a deal for a young coach with kids as they will be given THE PROMISE.  Who wouldn't want their kids college paid for?

boogercat

Big difference from 2A to 6A. Where did the hiring folks get their weed from? I know Rock Island and the Thunder Zone tends to sell bad batches. Did this one somehow came in from Strong with the tangy taste that taste like sour grapes and a skunk but?

gatecrasher

No stranger to 6A ball. He was OC at Searcy. He groomed that QB that rocked El Dorado in the 2017 quarterfinals.

Football IQ is off the charts. At the end of the day it is still 11 on 11.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: gatecrasher on January 28, 2019, 07:42:24 pm
No stranger to 6A ball. He was OC at Searcy. He groomed that QB that rocked El Dorado in the 2017 quarterfinals.

Football IQ is off the charts. At the end of the day it is still 11 on 11.

That Searcy QB was better than Greenwood's Noland in my opinion. Threw a beautiful deep ball and had a rocket arm. Where did he end up

The Ref

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 28, 2019, 07:44:35 pm
That Searcy QB was better than Greenwood's Noland in my opinion. Threw a beautiful deep ball and had a rocket arm. Where did he end up
JUCO in KS, I heard he may be going to a 1AA School in Louisiana

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: The Ref on January 28, 2019, 07:57:33 pm
JUCO in KS, I heard he may be going to a 1AA School in Louisiana

I didn't understand why Arkansas and other schools didn't recruit him. I wish my alma mater would look at him..LaTech

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 28, 2019, 07:59:03 pm
I didn't understand why Arkansas and other schools didn't recruit him. I wish my alma mater would look at him..LaTech

If hes st a juco,  he probably didn't have the scores.

boogercat

Cole Kelly was a stud in high school look how that turned out for us.

gatecrasher

Kelley is a pro style QB, not a power spread QB.
Had Bielema worked out here Kelley would have thrived in that scheme.

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 28, 2019, 08:17:03 pm
If hes st a juco,  he probably didn't have the scores.

He was full-qualifier, that is why he was able to transfer out of JUCO after a semester.  He is going to Southeastern Louisiana.  He went JUCO to open up better scholarship opportunities.

Monsta

Go Ahead and go to the 6A board Because Jones To Eldorado Is Confirmed

gatecrasher

Yup. Yesterday evening.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: Monsta on January 29, 2019, 12:24:28 pm
Go Ahead and go to the 6A board Because Jones To Eldorado Is Confirmed

We salty?  ;D

Monsta

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 29, 2019, 01:26:44 pm
We salty?  ;D
Stevie Wonder could have took the dragons to state in 2017-18 is all I'm saying, Good Luck and You Guys Have An Amazing Coach

couch-coach06

This suprises me I guess I just had it in my head Jones would retire at J.C. being a hometown kid. I do agree ray Charles could have won with last year's group though..

THA TRUTH

Especially with the rest of that coaching staff

stuck in between

Where do they go from here? Will this start a carousel that has been relitvely still up until now?

dragondad

Quote from: stuck in between on January 29, 2019, 08:33:39 pm
Where do they go from here? Will this start a carousel that has been relitvely still up until now?

Nope,  the Dragons will be fine and won't miss a beat.

stuck in between

Quote from: dragondad on January 29, 2019, 08:39:25 pm
I was actually meaning a coaching carousel.

Wilson

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 28, 2019, 07:01:15 pm
Gate we will find out tomorrow. Several good candidates on the list. Heck of a deal for a young coach with kids as they will be given THE PROMISE.  Who wouldn't want their kids college paid for?

that's an awful big limb you are going out on. . . .his oldest is still a loooooong ways from going to college for anyone to be thinking Jones will still be in El Dorado. . . .who is the last guy to coach 13+ years for the Wildcats?

couch-coach06

Quote from: dragondad on January 29, 2019, 08:39:25 pm

You are probably right but if people start using you for a stepping stone and leaving every year or two it will take a toll on your program

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: couch-coach06 on January 29, 2019, 09:16:09 pm
You are probably right but if people start using you for a stepping stone and leaving every year or two it will take a toll on your program

^THIS^.....Carpenter was an anomaly in small school football. If Smith takes over he may be there for another 20 years though

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: Wilson on January 29, 2019, 09:04:14 pm
that's an awful big limb you are going out on. . . .his oldest is still a loooooong ways from going to college for anyone to be thinking Jones will still be in El Dorado. . . .who is the last guy to coach 13+ years for the Wildcats?

Just saying it's a big carrot to dangle in front of a young guy with kids. Yes we know he has aspirations of coaching in college and ultimately this is a stepping stone for him. But he's still young. His parents live in JC and you never know what may happen to keep him here. He may not get that chance to move up. Who knows what the future holds. Like I said....just another little caveat of being a part of the EHS schools. It's there if you need it

dragondad

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 29, 2019, 09:21:51 pm
^THIS^.....Carpenter was an anomaly in small school football. If Smith takes over he may be there for another 20 years though

I don't know about 20 years,  but the other coming to fruition is > IF

boogercat

Quote from: Wilson on January 29, 2019, 09:04:14 pm

Reed was there for 12 years
Butch Gray 2 years
Jeff Williams 2 years
Scooter Register 8 years
Russ Beck he was there in the mid 80s until 94.

boogercat

Jones won't stay at El Dorado long. I give him 3 or 4 years he will be gone.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: dragondad on January 30, 2019, 12:07:12 am
I don't know about 20 years,  but the other coming to fruition is > IF

Hmmmm, I thought it was "his time". Do tell

Dragon I

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 29, 2019, 09:28:37 pm
Just saying it's a big carrot to dangle in front of a young guy with kids. Yes we know he has aspirations of coaching in college and ultimately this is a stepping stone for him. But he's still young. His parents live in JC and you never know what may happen to keep him here. He may not get that chance to move up. Who knows what the future holds. Like I said....just another little caveat of being a part of the EHS schools. It's there if you need it

If he doesn't get the chance to move up, then he isn't going to be turning out the results that El Dorado wants.

dragondad

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 30, 2019, 08:10:59 am
Hmmmm, I thought it was "his time". Do tell

I didn't say that it isn't..... I said his chances of becoming HC are >If (greater than "If")

Wilson

Quote from: Dragon I on January 30, 2019, 08:22:09 am
If he doesn't get the chance to move up, then he isn't going to be turning out the results that El Dorado wants.

Exactly.  .  .plus I wasn't even talking about him moving up to begin with. . .I'm just saying the odds of him still being there 13+ years from now are slim. .  No matter what the reason for him leaving

boogercat

Quote from: Wilson on January 30, 2019, 12:08:57 pm

Exactly.  .  .plus I wasn't even talking about him moving up to begin with. . .I'm just saying the odds of him still being there 13+ years from now are slim. .  No matter what the reason for him leaving

Jones will be gone in four years at most. There are certain politics that play a role there. I honestly thing this is a bad hire for El Dorado. Jones may be a good fit but the hire just raise a lot of questions for quite of few folks and staff members.

bleudog

January 30, 2019, 02:36:51 pm #33 Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 04:18:35 pm by bleudog
Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 29, 2019, 09:21:51 pm

You do realize if Smith wants and gets the JC HC job, in 20 years I'm guessing he'll be in his mid-70s.  :o

Unless he wants to pull a Red Parker, about half of 20 years might be more realistic.

dragondad

Quote from: boogercat on January 30, 2019, 02:12:19 pm

Jones will be gone in four years at most. There are certain politics that play a role there. I honestly thing this is a bad hire for El Dorado. Jones may be a good fit but the hire just raise a lot of questions for quite of few folks and staff members.

Why, and what questions?  Hes a great coach with great character,  what more could a program like El Dorado want?

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: dragondad on January 30, 2019, 03:10:45 pm
Why, and what questions?  Hes a great coach with great character,  what more could a program like El Dorado want?

Dad, he's salty that Vaughn didn't get the job.

Monsta

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 30, 2019, 03:36:39 pm
Dad, he's salty that Vaughn didn't get the job.
it's easy to coach from the stands, not so much when you are on the field and can't see what's going on Remember that

Rida4Life

Quote from: dragondad on January 30, 2019, 03:10:45 pm

It's hard for them dragondad... by hiring Jones they basically had to admit that JC has had more success than them.
You know in Wildcat land they live life under a purple haze and expect the county to bow down to them.
Can't do that now that they hired from "the county".

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 31, 2019, 08:07:51 am
It's hard for them dragondad... by hiring Jones they basically had to admit that JC has had more success than them.
You know in Wildcat land they live life under a purple haze and expect the county to bow down to them.

If EHS had hired Eldridge or Bolding or the Ruston Coach, would that have been admitting they were better than Eldo? Maybe EHS just saw potential and wanted to give the little guy his shot. He's still got to produce on the field. That comes with time. Now stop stirring up the pond.... ;D ;D. Now ya'll have to cheer for the Cats, if we're not successful then that proves JC is just a small school anomaly and ya'll would be wrong. If he wins, then we'll all be happy. Now stop stirring up the pond.... ;D ;D.

boogercat

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 31, 2019, 08:07:51 am

By passing Vaughn is going to be a major mistake for El Dorado. The reason why I believe this is a bad hire for El Dorado is Jones won't be able to keep up with the politics that tends to play a certain role with the program. With Matthew Shepard sticking his nose into who gets the job and doesn't is a big red flag. Shepard getting involved is bad for the program itself. You people will see that eventually this coming year, Anyone could had won at JC last two years with what yall have there. Jones still hasn't proved enough, still young and should had stayed at JC little bit longer. Jones got some issues that he will be against and I'm sure he will regret taking the job once the season starts.

WHITEchicken

If anyone could win in jc why aren't you going down there to coach Booger?

boogercat

Quote from: WHITEchicken on January 31, 2019, 10:23:37 am
If anyone could win in jc why aren't you going down there to coach Booger?

I got my rings and my degree is in something else besides Education.

Monsta

January 31, 2019, 02:18:58 pm #42 Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 03:10:29 pm by Monsta
Quote from: boogercat on January 31, 2019, 12:58:37 pm

just say it you wouldn't have made it as coach

WHITEchicken

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Monsta on January 31, 2019, 02:18:58 pm
just say it you wouldn't have made it as coach RECRUITER

There I fixed it for ya!!

I kid I kid!

dragondad

Quote from: boogercat on January 31, 2019, 12:58:37 pm

That's good, because your grammar and sentence structure is atrocious.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Dragondad, changing the subject because my brain hurts from booger. You still have a kid playing at JC?

dragondad

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 31, 2019, 04:37:08 pm
Dragondad, changing the subject because my brain hurts from booger. You still have a kid playing at JC?

Yep, the caboose will be a Sr next year.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: dragondad on January 31, 2019, 06:12:01 pm
Yep, the caboose will be a Sr next year.

Hopefully losing Jones won't hurt too much and they can continue on with their success.

gatecrasher

Anyone thinking Jones can't succeed at El Dorado because of the jump in class doesn't know anything about football.

At the end of the day, it's still 11 on 11, and it's still about your X's being better than their O's.

And Jones' football IQ is off the charts.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas