• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mount Ida names new head coach

Started by brotherdew, January 24, 2019, 02:34:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brotherdew

Mount Ida promotes from within as they hire Zack Wuichet to be the new head coach of the football program.
He has been the head coach of the softball team the last few years and has had a lot of success. He has also served as the head coach for the junior high football program this year. He coached the Jr. Lions to an 8-1 record and a 7-2A Conference Crown.
Good Luck Coach Wuichet! Now lets work on getting the kids out so we can field a team next season!

https://www.swarkansasnews.com/2019/01/wuichet-named-new-lion-head-football-coach/

HorseFeathers

paraloma

HorseFeathers

Bearden_Bear72

Might just be rumors but i keep hearing Mt. Ida will be in 8-man football next year because of numbers.  Please advise

M.I. D

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on January 24, 2019, 06:05:02 pm
Might just be rumors but i keep hearing Mt. Ida will be in 8-man football next year because of numbers.  Please advise

I talked to a kid that's playing and he said they will have enough to play. Could be about 16 but if a few come out could be 20.

brotherdew

I hear they will make a decision by March-April

Bearden_Bear72

Mt. Ida always seem to make it work.  Glad to see them staying.

Lumberjackfan1978

OLionSwag74

Ida went 11-3 and made a semi-final appearance with only 16 players on that roster. I donĀ“t think Mount Ida will be the powerhouse they have been the last 4 years but I do believe they will turn some heads here in a couple years.

i40traveler

There isn't much to do in Mt Ida but play football.  I don't imagine they'll fall off too bad.

doggieskoot2

Mt Ida skull drug many opponents, while leaving starters in the game late.  Now Ida is down, and they will run away and play 8 man instead of taking the beatings that they have earned the last couple years.

Lions84

Lumberjackfan1978

He knows the system Ida should be alright

OLionSwag74

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on February 06, 2019, 11:14:50 am
Mt Ida skull drug many opponents, while leaving starters in the game late.  Now Ida is down, and they will run away and play 8 man instead of taking the beatings that they have earned the last couple years.

Im sorry but I do believe Mount Ida normally pulls their starters out by halftime. This year was a little different but Ida has always showed mercy for their lesser opponents.

Dragon I

Wouldn't it have been impossible to pull the starters if only 16 kids played?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragon I on February 07, 2019, 09:36:43 am
Wouldn't it have been impossible to pull the starters if only 16 kids played?
😂 Kinda what I was thinking

OLionSwag74

this year was different, dont be mad.. most people who got scull drug had 30+kids.

Coach95

Hazen played with 23 kids until 9th graders moved up.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on February 06, 2019, 11:14:50 am

I've never seen MI try to disrespect anyone.  They took multiple measures to keep the score as low as they could on several occasions under White.  The problem is:  they're a running team and the acceptable thing to do when you are up big is to sub (as much as possible based on your team size) and hand the ball off.  When you have 6-8 players on the sidelines and your team is built to run, then you can't help but break one every now and then.

doggieskoot2

LOL I have video to prove different Mr Blueblood.  Already in the mercy rule 4th quarter and bringing Legrange or however you spell it back in on 4th down at the 1 yard line to punch it in.

bleudog

February 18, 2019, 05:04:23 pm #21 Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:33:06 am by bleudog
Quote from: doggieskoot2 on February 18, 2019, 09:00:58 am
LOL I have video to prove different Mr Blueblood.  Already in the mercy rule 4th quarter and bringing Legrange or however you spell it back in on 4th down at the 1 yard line to punch it in.

I don't know who was MI's coach in '07, but JC played a playoff game up there and the Dragon running backs barely survived the extra curricula activity in the pile after the tackles.  One time somebody came out of the pile with Cookie's helmet and we felt lucky his head wasn't still in it.  Refs never called a thing.

Hampton441

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on February 18, 2019, 09:00:58 am
LOL maybe they should stop it so they won't get "skull drug" mr doggieskoot2.

Hampton441

Quote from: Coach95 on February 09, 2019, 08:49:35 am
Hazen played with 23 kids until 9th graders moved up.
16 and 23 is a big difference.. and did anyone ask how many players hazen has .

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Hampton441 on February 19, 2019, 09:44:02 pm
16 and 23 is a big difference.. and did anyone ask how many players hazen has .
the difference is 7 I know math in Calhoun is sketchy at best

Hampton441

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on February 19, 2019, 09:53:03 pm
the difference is 7 I know math in Calhoun is sketchy at best
Congratulations you can count.  :o

Hasbeen92

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas