• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Des Arc is OPEN!

Started by mrknowitall, January 11, 2019, 09:24:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

January 22, 2019, 02:06:00 pm #50 Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:07:53 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on January 22, 2019, 12:26:33 pm
Interest is said to be from both sides re: Waymire.  That came from somebody with ties to Jville.  I think, as most mentioned, it'll come down to if they can find the money.

Uhiren isn't getting this job, nor is Ables - Pick would know better than I but fairly certain first go-round there wasn't "smooth".  Just two of the names mentioned previously.

Think you have to keep pattern in mind at DA.  Harper was a young guy, had some HC experience if I recall at Lewisville and struggled.  Did GREAT work at DA.  Prescott was an assistant at Warren and Barton.  Widener was an assistant at Lonoke.  Hill was an assistant at DA prior to taking job, right?

I expect this to be a younger guy just based off past.  Job was as attractive then as now, tbh.  That is, if it's not Waymire who gets it.

Just my two cents.

I can assure you, it will not be Ables. I would school choice my kids out of des arc if they did something that stupid. lol

I was told waymire was the front runner, and another name.

5 with experience, 3 without

hogwild_82

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 22, 2019, 02:06:00 pm
I can assure you, it will not be Ables. I would school choice my kids out of des arc if they did something that stupid. lol

I was told waymire was the front runner, and another name.

5 with experience, 3 without

PICK, I heard a name of a coach's son from that is from that area. Any truth to that?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hogwild_82 on January 22, 2019, 02:50:33 pm
PICK, I heard a name of a coach's son from that is from that area. Any truth to that?

name?

Cheek

Waymire would be a great hire, but he will have to take a major pay cut.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Hope to find out this week.

Vtown04

Quote from: Raging_Hornetic on January 20, 2019, 04:56:54 pm
That would be a bit underwhelming

No need to worry there Raging_Hornetic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on January 23, 2019, 06:32:17 pm
Waymire would be a great hire, but he will have to take a major pay cut.

Not necessarily.

OB11

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 23, 2019, 07:57:25 pm
Not necessarily.

Not necessarily what? Are you saying he would not take a pay cut? I can't imagine becoming the head football coach at a 2A school would pay close to what being the AD at a 6A school does. Even if they attached extra assignments to his contract.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: OB11 on January 24, 2019, 10:38:25 am
Not necessarily what? Are you saying he would not take a pay cut? I can't imagine becoming the head football coach at a 2A school would pay close to what being the AD at a 6A school does. Even if they attached extra assignments to his contract.

doesn't have to be a "major pay cut", and if hes not happy, then it doesn't have to be about the money.

OB11

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 24, 2019, 10:55:47 am
doesn't have to be a "major pay cut", and if hes not happy, then it doesn't have to be about the money.

Very true.

arkansasFBscoop

He makes over $80,000 at Jacksonville.  If DA were to create some admin space, they could get money closer.

Jacksonville is a garbage district.  I would not blame anyone for leaving that situation, especially one ready to win big.

Interesting thought, though... if they'll work to create space for Waymire to make his money work, why didn't they do the same for Widener??

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on January 24, 2019, 12:19:37 pm
He makes over $80,000 at Jacksonville.  If DA were to create some admin space, they could get money closer.

Jacksonville is a garbage district.  I would not blame anyone for leaving that situation, especially one ready to win big.

Interesting thought, though... if they'll work to create space for Waymire to make his money work, why didn't they do the same for Widener??

not real sure on that last question. but I do know Waymire has a connection to des arc.

Made

Doesn't Des Arc offer free housing for their coach? Pay is deceiving from that point there is 20-25k benefit that doesn't show on the pay check.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 24, 2019, 12:43:16 pm
not real sure on that last question. but I do know Waymire has a connection to des arc.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about his spouse having a good job.  DA got a spot for her?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on January 24, 2019, 02:27:14 pm
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about his spouse having a good job.  DA got a spot for her?

im sure.

GotInfo?

He would be a great hire for Des Arc that's for sure!

YouKnowUno

Have they begun to interview people yet?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: YouKnowUno on January 25, 2019, 11:24:48 am
Have they begun to interview people yet?

pretty sure they are finished. supposed to make a decision Monday night.

hogwild_82

SUGARTOWN

Tyler Paschal is the new Des Arc coach.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Dragon I

Raging_Hornetic

As a Hazen fan, I like this hire!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on January 29, 2019, 07:46:42 am
Where's he from?

Hes from Brinkley. Was/is on the Razorbacks staff. His dad is Van P. who was an assistant at Barton during the hay days and head coach at Wynne.

Old Scrapper

January 29, 2019, 08:55:56 am #74 Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 09:08:36 am by Old Scrapper
I think it's a good hire. rephrase - it's a great hire

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 29, 2019, 08:07:18 am
Hes from Brinkley. Was/is on the Razorbacks staff. His dad is Van P. who was an assistant at Barton during the hay days and head coach at Wynne.

Was Waymire offered or was this guy their first choice?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on January 29, 2019, 09:44:48 am
Was Waymire offered or was this guy their first choice?

I know he was still in the running yesterday morning.

i40traveler

have to believe if Waymire wanted it, it was his. 

JohnBarleycorn

i40traveler

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on January 29, 2019, 11:38:38 am
$$

That's what I figured.  This is an interesting hire for DA.  They have a history of being a great first step for Head Coaches.  But coming from a GA type spot in college to running a program will be challenging, but I'd imagine being a coaches kid that Paschal will handle it just fine. 

Rick Swines

Tyler is a good hire. He is young but experienced. He will do a good job.

hogwild_82

Quote from: Rick Swines on January 29, 2019, 02:39:52 pm
Tyler is a good hire. He is young but experienced. He will do a good job.

What exactly is his experience?  Has ever been a coordinator? 

jbtiger73

Yes. He was secondary coach at Wynne a couple years ago. I've been knowing that young man since he was a baby. He was our waterboy when I was playing at Brinkley in the late 90's and early 2000's. Very, very knowledgeable about the game. Learned from Gus when he was around the ASU program. And learned some under Morris last season. Plus, of course, his dad being a state championship winning coach is not a bad option to learn from.

birddawg1986

Congratulations...I'm sure he will continue that winning tradition at DA

Wahls

January 29, 2019, 11:38:53 pm #84 Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 11:42:07 pm by Wahls
Quote from: i40traveler on January 29, 2019, 12:44:11 pm
That's what I figured.  This is an interesting hire for DA.  They have a history of being a great first step for Head Coaches.  But coming from a GA type spot in college to running a program will be challenging, but I'd imagine being a coaches kid that Paschal will handle it just fine. 

He's a bright guy and really mature. He'll be fine. He's well beyond your average GA.

What I'm interested in seeing, is the wrinkles he'll add from his stops at ASU and Arkansas. Might end up with something pretty exotic.

CaptainSwarm25

Will we finally see a spread from DA? I'm excited to see what this new coach brings to the offensive game.

purpleswag

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on January 30, 2019, 01:13:06 pm
Will we finally see a spread from DA? I'm excited to see what this new coach brings to the offensive game.

no

i40traveler

Not if he wants to keep his job long

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: i40traveler on January 30, 2019, 01:29:58 pm
Not if he wants to keep his job long

EXACTLY!!!!

we do not have the athletes to run the spread.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 30, 2019, 01:56:42 pm
EXACTLY!!!!

we do not have the athletes to run the spread.

Dude at Carlisle found that out last year. 

POWERCAT PRIDE

HEY! Ya'll need to be quiet on here! Don't ya'll know JC lost their coach??? They are the top subject right now. Have some respect! 8) ;D

RiverEagle079

I like him he isn't as outspoken as Widener but has been a serious motivator for the boys as far as I seen watched the last 30 min of their offseason workout and he was lazer focused on increasing speed teaching them how to get faster it should be interesting how it plays out

HorseFeathers

Didn't Des Arc try that once?

RiverEagle079

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 30, 2019, 05:11:20 pm
Didn't Des Arc try that once?
Harper did pretty well with the spread he also had the athletes to run it as well

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Wahls

January 30, 2019, 11:23:08 pm #95 Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 11:26:55 pm by Wahls
Will we finally see a spread from DA?

I haven't asked him related to this opening, but I know from talking to him in the past he really liked the double wing offense that Van ran.

Just my intuition: I would expect a run heavy approach with creative single and double wing concepts with sprinkles of zone or spread approaches to run blocking.

I would imagine that when you look at his offense on tape, you'll see some different ideas to running the ball, but running the ball nevertheless.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wahls on January 30, 2019, 11:23:08 pm
I haven't asked him related to this opening, but I know from talking to him in the past he really liked the double wing offense that Van ran.

Just my intuition: I would expect a run heavy approach with creative single and double wing concepts with sprinkles of zone or spread approaches to run blocking.

I would imagine that when you look at his offense on tape, you'll see some different ideas to running the ball, but running the ball nevertheless.

Just my opinion, but that would probably be his best bet at des arc. I think the spread would be career suicide. Lol

CaptainSwarm25

Well darn. Was hoping to see at least one 6-2A bring in a spread effectively this year....:(

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Van is double slot or "flexbone" (Wynne, Harding U, Navy, Army, Georgia Tech).  Double wing (think Stanley's Vilonia teams and Gosnell) is completely different and single wing (Clarksville) is completely different from both of those.

Your point is still valid, nonetheless.

tigerblood

February 05, 2019, 10:19:41 am #99 Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 10:25:46 am by tigerblood
I was crackin a few nattys thinkin about what he might do, so I started lookin up some statistics. Aparently, Tyler 'Magic Man' Paschal has scored a touchdown every single drive he has been involved in since he was in high school. Im starting to think that DC Brian 'The Wall' Paschal went and bought some of those glasses with a mustache. Interviewed for the HC job, and got it so he could draw two salaries. I mean I don't know for sure but I've never seen them in the same room at the same time...The Wall always has an ace up his sleeve. Gotta get back to the family reunion, my wife is starting to argue with my 2nd cousin over who is a closer cousin to me. Jokes on them, my first ex-wife was my sister.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas