• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foreman Question

Started by youhavenoidea, December 07, 2018, 09:59:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

youhavenoidea

I've seen several post on this site about HC openings and several mention Coach King as maybe a candidate or someone who would be a good one.  Is he looking to get out of Foreman?  What style/type of Coach is he?

Partsman

We are hoping he will stay, however we all know that he will get some offers. He is first year here we went to the quarter finals I think, then champs then semifinals. He is a good coach and the kids love him. Hope he stays but money talks in most situations.

Redzone

I'm sure he will take another job offer this year. After his first year in Foreman, he applied for the HC job in Mineral Springs. After winning State last year he was offered the HC job at Hope but turned it down. I'm sure he has gotten a few more offers by now. I honestly see him leaving and Foreman's DC Ivory will take over as HC. A lot of people want Ivory as HC if King leaves.

Also King runs the triple option.

Rida4Life

3 years.... yep... time for him to look around.... that's about his normal time at a school. 
I'm hearing his name for a big job at the moment.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Redzone on December 07, 2018, 01:42:35 pm
I'm sure he will take another job offer this year. After his first year in Foreman, he applied for the HC job in Mineral Springs. After winning State last year he was offered the HC job at Hope but turned it down. I'm sure he has gotten a few more offers by now. I honestly see him leaving and Foreman's DC Ivory will take over as HC. A lot of people want Ivory as HC if King leaves.

Also King runs the triple option.
Flex Bone I think

jsw6f0

Redzone

Rida4Life

Wantobe

Probably depends on how much another school offers. He's built a resume with Batey and the Foreman line, so it's easy to see how other schools would be calling.
Any good 2A coach is going to be faced with the decision to be true to your love of a team/program or look out for yourself and take the money. Im sure the decision will be public information in the near future

jsw6f0

Eslim03

I will say this King is a great coach and will definitely have opportunities but foreman has two more good years at the very least.

stuck in between

More than likely he is gone. Like it was mentioned earlier he has courted other teams at the end of each season much like Houston Nut courted LSU and Nebraska shortly before leaving to go to Ole Miss. As good of a coach as he is you can't continue to do that and not upset some important people. Couple that with some other things and feathers really become ruffled. All of that being said IMO he is a good coach who cares about his kids. He has led Foreman to 3 of the most successful seasons in history, but in all fairness he did have an abnormal amount of talent to work with. It's been a marriage that was good for both Foreman and him. Perhaps he can parlay it into a bigger paycheck for him and the Gators can continue to add to the tradition he help build.

Rida4Life

King has always seemed to be looking for the next good gig.  did it at PC, Horatio, and now Foreman......
no doubt he's a good coach though.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 10, 2018, 12:53:28 pm
King has always seemed to be looking for the next good gig.  did it at PC, Horatio, and now Foreman......
no doubt he's a good coach though.

Horatio football....good gig???  Maybe because it got him in the right area to jump to Foreman

Rida4Life

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on December 10, 2018, 02:06:11 pm
Horatio football....good gig???  Maybe because it got him in the right area to jump to Foreman
He left PC mad... Horatio wasn't good when he got there but he made it a better job.... then jumped to Foreman... Probably saw what they had coming up.

Bearden_Bear72

Honestly will Foreman even be relevant next season.  I don't mean disrespect but seems they are losing every piece of real talent they had

Eslim03

Foreman loses 8 seniors highlighted by Batey and Boyd. It leaves around 27 or 28 with many that just got done winning a state championship one year then a conference championship the next. Next years seniors won the junior high championship when they were 9th graders also. We will not be as talented for sure but you can bet the gators have plenty more left to compete next season.

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 10, 2018, 11:38:11 pm
Foreman loses 8 seniors highlighted by Batey and Boyd. It leaves around 27 or 28 with many that just got done winning a state championship one year then a conference championship the next. Next years seniors won the junior high championship when they were 9th graders also. We will not be as talented for sure but you can bet the gators have plenty more left to compete next season.

Good to hear.  I was hoping they wouldn't fall off the map as quick as they appeared.  Gonna be a lot of competition in the conference next year

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas