• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday 4A Scores

Started by Brian G, March 07, 2014, 11:53:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Coonhunter15

Ozark 17
Valley view 7
End of first

Coonhunter15

Ozark 31
Valley view 17
Halftime

Coonhunter15

Ozark 36
Valley view 32
End of 3rd
#50 for valley view controlled the 3rd quarter with probably 14 free throw attempts in the quarter.. Both sides are starting to show their disgust with the officials who seem to be out of their element in this game

WPWells

Ladd should have had free throws for the win. Congrats to Valley View but I really don't know why there wasn't a call there

WattsOzark

WPWells

Coonhunter15

Officials didn't have what it takes to make the call there at the end. Got to feel bad for the officials bc they were out of their element from the start

sportsfanatic

WattsOzark

Nip/Tusk

March 08, 2014, 03:53:57 pm #10 Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 04:00:00 pm by Josh Louin
Not sure of score, but Brookland won big over Lincoln.

ezyout11

CAC up 20-18 over Brookland girls

pgfan2016

Quote from: Josh Louin on March 08, 2014, 03:53:57 pm

You will have to get that score from a Brookland fan.

THE D.O.C

Anybody have update on CAC/Brookland?

NEA Razorback olfan

Tied 27 4 min left in 3rd

Nip/Tusk

Keep the updates coming NEA.

THANKS

4AWhistler

March 08, 2014, 04:55:59 pm #16 Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:01:38 pm by 4AWhistler
Quote from: pgfan2016 on March 08, 2014, 04:44:20 pm
Quote from: Josh Louin on March 08, 2014, 03:53:57 pm

You will have to get that score from a Brookland fan.
Brookland 48. Lincoln 25. And I was there and a Lincoln fan.

Brookland was up by 6 in the 3rd, and Lincoln got in a little foul trouble.  Brookland played a very aggressive man to man and shot well on offense.

Nothing to to be ashamed of Lincoln, first quarter-final appearance by a Lincoln team since the 50's!  Great season, great tournament, great bunch of boys.

With that said, I'm rooting for Brookland to go all the way now.

NEA Razorback olfan

End of 3
CAC 36
Brookland 29

THE D.O.C

CAC 60 Brookland 44: via Maxprep Final

Big Fan

Ouick start for the Billies.....

Monticello 8
Dway        0

Big Fan

Monticello 15
dway         8

end of first

Big Fan

Monticello 26
Dway        19

end of 2

Big Fan

Monticello 33
Dway       32

end of 3
Here come the Cardinals

Big Fan

Monticello 44
Dway 37

4:42 4th qtr

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: THE D.O.C on March 08, 2014, 05:19:18 pm
CAC 60 Brookland 44: via Maxprep Final

Proud of our girls, they had a great season and return 4 starters next year.
Congrats to CAC who has a great team !

Good luck to All the remaining teams!!

Big Fan

Monticello 45
Dway       46

2:36 4th qtr

Big Fan

Monticello 47
Dway       49

1:00 4th qtr

Big Fan

7.6 left

Monticello 49
Dway        49

Big Fan

End of regulation
tied at 49

Billies miss last second shot

Big Fan

Monticello 50
Dway        49

48.5 left

Big Fan

Monticello 51
Dway        49

FINAL!

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 08, 2014, 02:30:14 pm
Ladd should have had free throws for the win. Congrats to Valley View but I really don't know why there wasn't a call there
http://Instagram.com/p/lS6YxTG8hy/

WPWells

Nip/Tusk

I usually don't take up for refs, but there's really no way to tell from that video if she was fouled or not. And I was pulling for Ozark. I just can't tell definitively from that view.

noonerricky

Quote from: Josh Louin on March 08, 2014, 07:39:55 pm
I usually don't take up for refs, but there's really no way to tell from that video if she was fouled or not. And I was pulling for Ozark. I just can't tell definitively from that view.
From the angle it looked like she just put her hand in the way and pulled back. I don't believe there was foul. Good no call in my opinion

4AWhistler

March 08, 2014, 09:58:37 pm #35 Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:00:34 pm by 4AWhistler
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 08, 2014, 07:34:33 pm
Thinking she was fouled
I was sitting one row behind the Ozark bench, and the Ozark point guard did a great job in timing her shot toward the basket right as the defender met her at mid court.  She got the defender to commit and come off her feet, and then she initiated the contact just like all good shooters do.

She was fouled, but the ref chose not to make the call.

LadyHillbilly

Quote from: 4AWhistler on March 08, 2014, 09:58:37 pm
Thinking she was fouled
I was sitting one row behind the Ozark bench, and the Ozark point guard did a great job in timing her shot toward the basket right as the defender met her at mid court.  She got the defender to commit and come off her feet, and then she initiated the contact just like all good shooters do.

I was there as well. Ladd is one of the smartest female players I know. She knew what she was doing trying to in drawing the foul. She timed it perfectly, but it hard to tell that in the video. Ref said something at the end like "didn't want to make the game decision." Let Ladd decide the decision by making or missing the deserved free throws. In my opinion, ref was a complete coward and swallowed the whistle.

softballumpire

Thinking she was fouled

See that part I put in bold? What you stated right there says it all. If the shooter initiates contact the defender in NO WAY deserves to be punished.

pgfan2016

As much as I would have wanted Ozark to win there is no way this video shows anything conclusive.   Anytime there is a "no call" vs a call at the end of the game this could be debated.  There are multiple calls through out any game that  officials could have missed but we always look at the one in the end and think it is what determines the outcome.

Nip/Tusk

I feel for Ozark, but that no-call didn't decide the game. Ozark blew a 14 point halftime lead. The game should have never come down to that.

pgfan2016

If he makes that call then we are hearing to other side on here saying the official bailed her out. 

4AWhistler

Quote from: softballumpire on March 09, 2014, 09:31:22 am
Thinking she was fouled

See that part I put in bold? What you stated right there says it all. If the shooter initiates contact the defender in NO WAY deserves to be punished.
With that said, coaches should quit teaching kids to use the pump fake to get defenders to come off their feet so they can draw a foul, which is what the Ozark player did.

WattsOzark

The pump fake to draw the foul is a basic fundamental of the game.  Leaving your feet is bad defense, especially on a 3 point shot.

4AWhistler

Quote from: WattsOzark on March 09, 2014, 11:10:22 am
The pump fake to draw the foul is a basic fundamental of the game.  Leaving your feet is bad defense, especially on a 3 point shot.
My point exactly.  That exact move was used in this instance.

4AWhistler

March 09, 2014, 11:54:58 am #44 Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:12:12 pm by 4AWhistler
I was at every game from Thursday until last night, and was very pleased with the officiating in all the games.  It was definitely great improvement over that seen during the regular season.  I didn't see any officials from the 1-4A who made it to this tournament except for one, and he was calling the Ozark/Valley View game.
Valley View did have a spurt which brought them back into the game late, and Ozark had a shooting slump in the 4th, so that last no-call wasn't the sole reason for the loss, but it's sure hard to swallow a loss like that when the game ends on a play like that.

pgfan2016

4awhistler needs to go back and watch the video again.  Unless there is a new move that has never been done before it's hard to pump fake while running and dribbling down the floor at the same time.

Nip/Tusk

NEABillie33

I'm sorry, but there is no way that foul should be called at the end of the game. Let's be honest, that was going to be a desperation heave regardless of whether or not she was fouled.  The way the girl in the video went up to shoot the basketball was so unnatural that you can't bail her out and give her free throws.  She initiated the contact and took a blatant, unnatural shot motion in order to draw contact and fool the refs. You just don't call that. No ref would call that, especially at the end of the game.

WoodenFan

The fact is yes Ozark let a 14 point lead slip away.  The question is how did it slip away?  If you were at the game you saw that a big reason it got away was the multiple foul calls for "bumps", and "shooter initiated contact" that resulted in 22 free throw attempts by a single, very aggressive Valley player.  One State Newspaper referred to the game as a "tightly officiated contest".  The teams combined to shoot 54 free throws, 30 by Valley.  That in itself is hard to comprehend in the final 8 of the state tournament.  The same call that was ignored on the final play was called multiple times in favor of Valley which resulted in Valley making 11 of their 15 points in their 3rd quarter run from the free throw line.  The refs literally handcuffed the Ozark defense and "bailed" Valley out with free throws in that stretch.  On a final note, there was no pump fake on that final play and video does not show that. The player went up for a 3 point shot, received defensive contact and a foul should have been called.  That is the game the officials called all day as evidenced by the 54 free throw attempts.  To not make the call, because it is the end of the game is not a legitimate excuse.   Any fan, on any team, that is on the wrong end of this call would feel the same as this WoodenFan.  This quarterfinal contest did not determine the better team, but it did determine the better free throw shooting team on this day.  The fact remains one player deserved three more opportunities from the line on that final play, and I believe the officials know it too.

Bearcatparent

The ifs, ands, & buts of calls and game outcomes. If the foul had been called maybe Ozark would have won. If they had not lost their 15 point lead maybe Ozark would have won. If they had not missed just one shot maybe they would have won. If Valley View had not even been close to the shooter when the horn sounded and the controversy of the call was not in question would the shot had gone in ?? from my view I think not. All that said it is very hard to loose at this time of year and even harder when it comes down to such a close game and call. I watched the Dollarway/Monticello game and they had a lot of the same types of issues with calls at the end of the game as well. I think we can all say we would like for the outcome of the game to be decided by the players in all cases but it always seems to come down to something the officials either call or they do not call. When it is close in the end and the call is not made the players are deciding on the outcome by the play they make or they do not make. That is what we want right. It is just hard to swallow when it happens and you are on the wrong end of the call. If the foul had been called then we would have all the Valley View supporters on here saying they were cheated because of the free throws and the call so there is unfortunately no real winner in these situations and it is sad for the kids for sure. I thought Ozark gave Valley View all they wanted and then some and looked like they were going to pull it out but came up short. One thing is for sure, the girls left it all on the court and played hard. It was a fun game to watch for sure. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas