• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rules for transferring to another school district and playing basketball ???

Started by ballmember, May 20, 2016, 04:17:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

Would like to know what the rules are about enrolling in another adjoining school district-keep same residence-and playing basketball next fall??  Are they different for junior high and senior high??

Would appreciate any info.   I know kids transfer all the time to other schools and do not move. 

sevenof400

Quote from: ballmember on May 20, 2016, 04:17:35 pm
Would like to know what the rules are about enrolling in another adjoining school district-keep same residence-and playing basketball next fall??  Are they different for junior high and senior high??

Would appreciate any info.   I know kids transfer all the time to other schools and do not move.

Start with the AAA Handbook at http://www.ahsaa.org/activity/44/forms-resources

and on that same page, check out the criteria for changing domiciles.

ballmember

Thanks for the info;  If i read this correctly a student in grades 7 through 10 can change school districts and also play sports if both school districts agree to transfer before July 1.    Hope this is correct.   

Backboard Shattered

Lots of parents get jobs at the school then they are elgible.  Bay has a tremendous lunch lady program!   

ballmember

Unfortunately,   many schools like transfers in;  i would also if i were a coach.    However,  even at the A level, a lot of kids have transferred in to play basketball.   We are much more mobile,  and not much loyalty to the schools;  nor do the schools have much loyalty to kids/parents.   Different world today.     

Moonshiner

Quote from: ballmember on May 20, 2016, 04:59:45 pm
Thanks for the info;  If i read this correctly a student in grades 7 through 10 can change school districts and also play sports if both school districts agree to transfer before July 1.    Hope this is correct.

I believe the school choice deadline has changed to May 1.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas