• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on boys next year by region

Started by BeastieBoy13, March 28, 2016, 03:05:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BeastieBoy13

Who do you think is going to be in the top 16 teams next year? Aside from Guy and Bay, will anyone else be able to make some waves?

Moonshiner

Quote from: BeastieBoy13 on March 28, 2016, 03:05:01 pm
Who do you think is going to be in the top 16 teams next year? Aside from Guy and Bay, will anyone else be able to make some waves?

Are you asking by the newer regions or the ones we've had in the past?  New design next year.

PuddlePirate12

Nevada, Kirby, Dermott, and Emerson will all be top 16

ballmember

i thought regions were basically the same???   Guy Region 3 and Bay Region 2.

Moonshiner

Quote from: ballmember on March 29, 2016, 09:17:03 am
i thought regions were basically the same???   Guy Region 3 and Bay Region 2.

Most are, but not all.

PuddlePirate12

I think Kirby and Emerson are in different regions now.. I'm guessing Emerson is still region 4.. Not sure where Kirby would go?

bluegrassboy75

March 29, 2016, 02:30:15 pm #6 Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 02:33:19 pm by bluegrassboy75
There will be 5 Regions instead of 4.  So that means 20 teams will make it to the State Tournament and only 12 in 2A since they only have 3 Regions next year.

This is what I heard.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Region 1  1 Northwest vs  1 East
Region 2  2 North vs 3 East
Region 3  2 South vs 5 North
Region 4  1 West vs 7 West
Region 5  7 East vs 8 East

BeastieBoy13

Can someone please make something up that shows what teams will be in each region? And 20 teams will be in the state tournament next year?

Moonshiner

1A West.  County Line, Hartford, Mulberry, Oark, Scranton, St. Paul, Western Yell
1A NW.  Alpena, Decatur, Kingston, Lead Hill, Omaha, Haas-Hall
1A East.  Bruno-Pyatt, Deer, Jasper, Mt. Judea, St. Joe, Western Grove
1A 3E.  Armorel, Bay, CRowleys Ridge, Kipp, Maynard, Rector, Ridgefield Christian
1A 2N.  Calico Rock, Hillcrest, ICC, Mammoth Spring, Norfork, Viola
1A 2S.  Bradford, Concord, Midland, Rural Special, Shirley, Southside Bee Branch, Timbo, Westside Greers Ferry
1A 7 West.  Acorn, Dierks, Kirby, Mineral Springs, Mt. Ida, Oden, Umpire
1A 7East.  Bradley, Emerson, Nevada, Ouchita, Taylor, Trinity Christian
1A 5North.  Abundant Life, Academics Plus, Avilla Christian, Guy Perkins, Lisa Academy, Marvell, Mt. Vernon/Enola, Nemo Vista, Sacred Heart, Wonderview
1A 8East.  Dermott, Hampton, Hermitage, Sparkman, Strong, Woodlawn

Region 1.  Northwest and 1A East
Region 2.  3 East and 2 North
Region 3.  5 North and 2 South
Region 4.  7 West and 1 West
Region 5.  8 East and 7 East

bluegrassboy75

Thanks Moonshiner!!

Yes, 20 teams in State (4 teams from each region)

#1Rattlerfan

Why are their football teams like Dierks, Mineral Springs, and Mount Ida playing in 1a basketball region with Kirby?? ??? ??? Will they play in the 1a state?

Moonshiner

The old rule was that if you had football you would have to play 2A basketball.  Even if you have 1A numbers.  Not the case anymore.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 29, 2016, 03:38:07 pm
1A West.  County Line, Hartford, Mulberry, Oark, Scranton, St. Paul, Western Yell
1A NW.  Alpena, Decatur, Kingston, Lead Hill, Omaha, Haas-Hall
1A East.  Bruno-Pyatt, Deer, Jasper, Mt. Judea, St. Joe, Western Grove
1A 3E.  Armorel, Bay, CRowleys Ridge, Kipp, Maynard, Rector, Ridgefield Christian
1A 2N.  Calico Rock, Hillcrest, ICC, Mammoth Spring, Norfork, Viola
1A 2S.  Bradford, Concord, Midland, Rural Special, Shirley, Southside Bee Branch, Timbo, Westside Greers Ferry
1A 7 West.  Acorn, Dierks, Kirby, Mineral Springs, Mt. Ida, Oden, Umpire
1A 7East.  Bradley, Emerson, Nevada, Ouchita, Taylor, Trinity Christian
1A 5North.  Abundant Life, Academics Plus, Avilla Christian, Guy Perkins, Lisa Academy, Marvell, Mt. Vernon/Enola, Nemo Vista, Sacred Heart, Wonderview
1A 8East.  Dermott, Hampton, Hermitage, Sparkman, Strong, Woodlawn

Region 1.  Northwest and 1A East
Region 2.  3 East and 2 North
Region 3.  5 North and 2 South
Region 4.  7 West and 1 West
Region 5.  8 East and 7 East

Bay is still 1A and that is all the other 1A teams need to know.  Threepeat

PuddlePirate12

yesteryearman

NEArkie

March 31, 2016, 03:22:23 am #15 Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:39:22 am by NEArkie
I thought when it came District time all the teams would split off into their classification, ranked by the coaches and go from there into regionals and then state?

redwolf99

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 30, 2016, 09:34:55 pm
fourpeat

I am beginning to see why people don't necessarily care for Bay posters!!!

Oldref

Quote from: redwolf99 on March 31, 2016, 09:21:49 am
I am beginning to see why people don't necessarily care for Bay posters!!!

Just FYI......everyone that posts about Bay is not a Bay fan. Believe it or not some post this stuff in hopes to bring out the hate. Most Bay posters know how hard it is to win it all and never take it for granted. Every year is a new challenge to see who is best. Lots of teams will be in the mix.

Silky Johnson

Yeah you have to research lol look at yesteryearman's older posts and you can see he's not from bay.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Silky Johnson on March 31, 2016, 02:44:05 pm
Yeah you have to research lol look at yesteryearman's older posts and you can see he's not from bay.

I'm not from Bay but they have made a believer out of me.   Four out of six is hard to do in any classification, and you can't argue with the facts.   When you start picking who you think will win it all, or for sure compete for it, Bay has to be at top of the list.

PuddlePirate12

He's not a "fan" of anyone. Bandwagoner at best

Thechosen1

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on April 01, 2016, 08:00:49 am
It's not bad to be a bandwagoner. Be a fan of greatness

RedWolf275

April 01, 2016, 11:03:40 am #22 Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 11:09:15 am by RedWolf275
Wonder why 1A has so many more teams than 2A? Looks like they would have moved some of the bigger 1A's up. According to AAA website there are 69 in 1A and only 49 in 2A.

BeastieBoy13

How will the district seedings work??

Moonshiner

Quote from: BeastieBoy13 on April 01, 2016, 02:46:40 pm
How will the district seedings work??

Coaches will meet.  Discuss their records.  Vote on it.  Buddies will pair up and stack the bracket in their favor in some areas.  The "gentlemen" conferences will get it right.  The Bush League guys will ban together and shaft somebody. It'll be brutal.

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on April 01, 2016, 08:00:49 am

Attack me all you want and use what energy is left to figure out how to beat Bay.  The fact remains that they have lost maybe 2 games to Class A schools since 2013, and have never lost to a Region 4 team.  But hey, it would be great for a team from down here to beat Bay when it really matters, but until that happens you can call it a bandwagon, sounds more like a mack truck to me.

PuddlePirate12

And when one does beat them and win at all don't pretend to be their fan. Cuz Nevada has everything back and Kirby only lost one. They'll both represent region 4 just fine this year. And Kirby will be state champion material in 2 years. Bays good but they lost 2 good players. They'll have another chance to win it if Layne follows in Prichetts shoes this years. And he will. But GP should be good as well

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas