• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A State Score thread(FRIDAY & THURSDAY)

Started by Brian G, March 03, 2016, 10:26:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

StateChamps09

audiogirl

J.D.

StateChamps09

So a guy vs bay match up tomorrow. Ohhhh baby, been waiting on this match up since they played at icc at the beginning of the season....should be a good one. Gonna be lots of blue and gold in the building tomorrow. Should be a good game.

Thechosen1

Thechosen1

May should have been the finals and not semis

StateChamps09

Truth. I don't want to affend anyone, but the real finals is being played tomorrow at 730... Just my opinion..

Catfish

I would never ever say this in ANY other situation but GO BAY! Please beat Guy.. I'm begging you lol

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 04, 2016, 10:34:40 pm
Truth. I don't want to affend anyone, but the real finals is being played tomorrow at 730... Just my opinion..

lol

StateChamps09

Why does everyine want guy to suffer a defeat. I'd love to see a battle of the unbeatens in the finals...

Moonshiner

Yeah I agree.  I think the Emerson and County Line game will be the best matchup

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 04, 2016, 10:41:59 pm
Why does everyine want guy to suffer a defeat. I'd love to see a battle of the unbeatens in the finals...

Emerson is equally as undefeated as Guy. Anyone who says the real finals is tomorrow is just being ignorant. There's 3 really good teams and 2 of them play tomorrow. Good chance 2 more will play in hot springs

J.D.

March 04, 2016, 10:47:25 pm #112 Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 10:49:06 pm by J.D.

I believe a lot of folks share the same opinion. However, we would seem ignorant to act as if Emerson doesn't belong in the same conversation.

County Line deserves some credit as well for their strong showing in the tournament.

We have the top four boys team in state competing tomorrow. All four have impressively dominated this far and kudos to all for their efforts. 

Best of luck tomorrow everyone!

StateChamps09

I had the pleasure of talking to a few players from Emerson tuesday (I think it was) and they wanted to play guy in the finals, as I know that guy wants to play Emerson in the finals. I was messing around, i wasn't serious, I've heard a few people say it... I was just poking at others. I want a battle of the undefeated... ita just more history to be made you know? Plus I think an Emerson and guy match up would be one for the books, there the same style team you know?

PuddlePirate12

Just looked at the stat book. Emerson has allowed 16 field goals in 2 games lol

Thechosen1

They are both very athletic. Bay and CL are more of the fundamentally sound teams that play smart and have great gameplans.

J.D.

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 04, 2016, 11:12:07 pm
They are both very athletic. Bay and CL are more of the fundamentally sound teams that play smart and have great gameplans.

Well... in hindsight Guy-Perkins and Emerson's game plans have them undefeated so far lol

StateChamps09

March 04, 2016, 11:41:28 pm #117 Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:44:11 pm by StateChamps09
That's true. I'll give you guys that. Guy and Emerson are score at will teams. While bay and CL are more play running teams. The question is, can guy out run  bay tomorrow, and can Emerson do the same to cl. My pick would be a guy vs Emerson finals... I think it would be a showdown to remember. Who do y'all got, what do you guys have the finals looking like?

Thechosen1

Quote from: J.D. on March 04, 2016, 11:32:14 pm
Well... in hindsight Guy-Perkins and Emerson's game plans have them undefeated so far lol
Well obviously lol I didn't mean they didn't have good gameplans

PuddlePirate12

I predict Emerson vs Bay. Bay matches up well with GP. Haven't seen Bay play so not sure how good their defense is. If they can slow GP down like CR and Kirby and also score like they are capable they should beat them. Second chance points killed Kirby in the second half. I have to say I wouldn't mind seeing 2 undefeated teams in hot springs though. I know that hasn't happened many times. Either way it should be a good game I think.

Thechosen1

If Crain gets in foul trouble bay will lose. Bay takes care of the ball and hits open shots they win tomorrow. They can score with guy better than Kirby and rebound better. However they don't do these things and play the way guy wants to they may get beat 15 or 20 again. Coach Brannen will have the guys ready and have a gameplan that will work best to win

PuddlePirate12

Also a battle of 2 good coaches. I'd say the 4 coach's in the semis are 4 of the best in 1a. Definitely Brannen, Brunson, and Nix having all been to the state tournament several of the last few years.. I know this is 4th year in a row Nix's pirates are in the tournament and I think CL has been there each of those years and probably more before that. And we all know Brannen is a hoops god lol. And Hutchcraft is of course a legend

Chicky

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 04, 2016, 09:23:20 pm
Quite possibly the most underrated girls player in the state.
You are correct and she is a fun one to watch.  She had two fouls within the first two minutes.  That 30 point output came from not a full game because she fouled out in the fourth and had to sit a big chunk of the first until Kingston got down 15.  She has the skills and plays very controlled, no matter the call she shows very little emotion on the floor.  Picks up cheap fouls because she is working to get the ball or score.  She frustrated Cooper and klan and they couldnt get their head back in it.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: J.D. on March 04, 2016, 08:54:11 pm
Acorn girls made semi's I think or was that just boys?
acorns girls lost first round to wonderview last year

Last years match up was
Kirby vs Nemo

Kingston vs wonderview.

2 years ago was

Kirby vs Nemo (Kirby and Kingston met second round. 61-62 Kirby)

Acorn vs wonderview

StateChamps09

Should be a decent match ups tonight. I know the last time guy and bay squared off, it was a 20-25 point game, i also know both teams have gotten better, i know that quite frankly neither came close to play to there potential... so it's gonna end up being really close, or a blow out. And by really close I mean 2-5 points... I don't think this game will have a 12-13 point win. Either 2-5 or like 20-30. No In betweens.

HorseFeathers

Lets go with...

Guy by 7
County line by 1

Nemo by 10
Wv by 3

super fan

I think this is the game Guy has been looking at for weeks. I think they will come out red hot and then Bay will get back in it. I haven't seen Bay play, but if they can't run it could be a long night for them. If Guy can't make a shot, it's going to be a long night for them. Should be a great game and I wish both teams good luck. Hope everyone stays healthy and plays well.

Moonshiner

I'm thinking Bay wins this time if Bay is willing to make the necessary adjustments.  I think you've got to make Guy play defense.  Unless of course they funnel you to the basket. Bay knows they have to do something different, or should. Guy won by 20+.  I think that is advantage Bay.
Ironic that the rematch is on the same floor.

TheOfficial

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 04, 2016, 10:52:27 pm
Just looked at the stat book. Emerson has allowed 16 field goals in 2 games lol

That is impressive

jacket3

Does anyone know if this game will be streaming?

Thechosen1

I'm from bay so of course I'm going to root for them no matter who they play against. Bay wins tonight 67-64

StateChamps09

I'm from guy, so I've got to pull for them I'm gonna be honest with my opinion. Feel like it's gonna go the same as the last match up. Hutch and the boys by 20+

StateChamps09

Quote from: jacket3 on March 05, 2016, 12:03:12 pm
Does anyone know if this game will be streaming?

Not sure... it will most likely be in the radio

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

50 all, 9 seconds left, WV ball on their end

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

BannerChaser95

Wonderviews coach told #24 to miss her free throw so that Kirby couldn't inbound it.
Only up 1 and no one in the lane. Put all 4 girls back on defense. That leaded up to wonderview not trying to foul because they had 10+ also. Kirby #4 tosses it up in the lane. On the rim as the time expired. Crazy finish

BlackMamba

Thechosen1

Mamba, what's going wrong with Emerson?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 05, 2016, 02:35:58 pm
Mamba, what's going wrong with Emerson?

County line being good might have a little bit to do with it 8)

BlackMamba

Jeffers had 3 quick fouls in the first two minutes, and Revels is really the only one scoring

BlackMamba

And yes HF, County Line is playing extremely well in this tournament

Thechosen1

yesteryearman

Chicky

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 05, 2016, 02:26:00 pm
Wonderviews coach told #24 to miss her free throw so that Kirby couldn't inbound it.
Only up 1 and no one in the lane. Put all 4 girls back on defense. That leaded up to wonderview not trying to foul because they had 10+ also. Kirby #4 tosses it up in the lane. On the rim as the time expired. Crazy finish
How much time did they have to go the length of the floor?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas