• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A State Score thread for Tuesday

Started by Brian G, February 29, 2016, 08:40:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Thechosen1

I don't see guy beating Kirby right now and if they do bay will be waiting for them and knock them out. Who would wanna cheer for a team that dances around the whole time acting like fools

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 01, 2016, 07:16:06 pm
I don't see guy beating Kirby right now and if they do bay will be waiting for them and knock them out. Who would wanna cheer for a team that dances around the whole time acting like fools

Who wants to be uptight all the time? 38-0....I'd rather watch a team that's loose and enjoying the hatred, than a team buckling under pressure...wouldn't you?

Thechosen1

Yes but when have they had pressure? Has any of them played in a big state game before? I have no idea about the greenbrier kid or kids. All I know is Kirby, Bay, Emerson=experienced

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 01, 2016, 07:22:17 pm
Yes but when have they had pressure? Has any of them played in a big state game before? I have no idea about the greenbrier kid or kids. All I know is Kirby, Bay, Emerson=experienced

How much big state tournament experience did bay have last year?

yesteryearman

That is what I was thinking as I read thru the comments.  Doesn't matter how many or how by much you win during the year, it will be kind of overwhelming if you haven't been there before.  I bet though the jitters are over and they will play much better next game.  Sounds like they will have to if they meet up with Kirby. 

yesteryearman

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2016, 07:27:26 pm

You didn't need any when you had #5.

ErnestTBass

Greenbrier kids what Greenbrier kids?? Gasp!! You mean there are kids on the roster that reside outside of the district lines! Tell me it ain't true!!

Thechosen1

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2016, 07:27:26 pm
Uhm Watson played in 3a state his sophomore year at Hoxie. Pritchett started on the 2013 state championship team, Crain was 6th man off bench.

HorseFeathers

Okay...I'm done stirring the pot tonight, watching swamp people instead...

Girls
icc 20
Bradford 10
Half

PuddlePirate12

One time #23 was, I guess, creating space.. But he kicked his leg out in what I would not call as basketball move and nearly kicked the guy guarding him. And an Emerson fan asked #23 how good they were and he said "sh*t were 38-0 what do you think" and walked off. I didn't hear it myself but why would someone make that up about a kid? And besides they they made fans who paid to get in move out of their seats so guy fans would have somewhere to sit. I don't understand that

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 01, 2016, 07:46:37 pm
One time #23 was, I guess, creating space.. But he kicked his leg out in what I would not call as basketball move and nearly kicked the guy guarding him. And an Emerson fan asked #23 how good they were and he said "sh*t were 38-0 what do you think" and walked off. I didn't hear it myself but why would someone make that up about a kid? And besides they they made fans who paid to get in move out of their seats so guy fans would have somewhere to sit. I don't understand that

The "kick" thing is a move for him, he does it quite often.

Moonshiner

PuddlePirate12

Ah. Well if he were to kick at me I'd flip him

StateChamps09

Awe, someone announced that others had to move out of the student section... that's so sad. And yes if you ask how good that are, there gonna say we're 38-0... there proud of it these are kids bro. I heard what he said with my own ears, and whomever told you what happen was seriously mistaking. It's ok though, keep hating on these kids, the hate is what fuels then and had them sitting at 39-0

Thechosen1

I cannot wait to watch Kirby beat guy Friday it will make my whole state tournament. Undefeated but haven't played no one with the energy that Kirby brings.

PuddlePirate12

I don't like Bay but I'll be cheering for them if Guy gets past Kirby. Atleast this years Bay team has all been there a while lol

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

NEArkie

PuddlePirate12

NEArkie

Bay - 30
Mt Vernon-Enola - 15
3:30  2nd

NEArkie

Bay - 38
Mt Vernon-Enola - 21
Halftime

audiogirl

Quote from: StateChamps09 on March 01, 2016, 07:57:25 pm
Awe, someone announced that others had to move out of the student section... that's so sad. And yes if you ask how good that are, there gonna say we're 38-0... there proud of it these are kids bro. I heard what he said with my own ears, and whomever told you what happen was seriously mistaking. It's ok though, keep hating on these kids, the hate is what fuels then and had them sitting at 39-0
Isn't clearing the students' section for the next group SOP? 

StateChamps09

audiogirl

Standard operating procedure. I have been at tournaments and heard this before. I don't think this is special treatment.

StateChamps09

Of course. That was what I was saying, it's the right way to do things. Of course you should clear student sections for students. When the game was done between Guy and calico, students from guy politely got up and moved. That's the way it should be done in my opinion... which I could be wrong

NEArkie

Bay - 62
Mt Vernon-Enola - 33
End of 3rd

StateChamps09

Wow i thought Mve would put up a bit of a fight.

Central Ark

From what I heard, mainly sophomores for MVE. Tough to match up with bay in your first state tourney appearance

D6Bound

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2016, 03:45:33 pm
They are very young aren't they?
Yes they are. I think they may have had one senior and he's been hurt all season. I guess this will give them some experience for the next season though. Emerson is very athletic

NEArkie

March 01, 2016, 09:38:06 pm #80 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:40:01 pm by NEArkie
Bay - 68
Mt Vernon-Enola - 44
Final - Mercy Ruled early in the 4th

D6Bound

March 01, 2016, 09:38:18 pm #81 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:42:25 pm by D6Bound
I don't think Guy played their best tonight by the way. You gotta remember that they're undefeated and the whole gym was packed to watch them. That puts a lot of pressure on kids.

Thechosen1

Final 68-44 starters came out when it was 62-33.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 01, 2016, 09:38:47 pm
Final 68-44 starters came out when it was 62-33.

Bays bench only scored 6 points?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: D6Bound on March 01, 2016, 09:36:26 pm
Yes they are. I think they may have had one senior and he's been hurt all season. I guess this will give them some experience for the next season though. Emerson is very athletic

Is that the one that Emerson let shoot?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: D6Bound on March 01, 2016, 09:38:18 pm
I don't think Guy played their best tonight by the way. You gotta remember that they're undefeated and the whole gym was packed to watch them. That puts a lot of pressure on kids.

Same for Emerson. Not their best game by any means. You could tell they had some jitters to start but they've been here before. Should be good to go now

D6Bound

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 01, 2016, 09:45:10 pm
Is that the one that Emerson let shoot?
Yeah that's what I heard. That would be awful getting injured your entire senior season...

D6Bound

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 01, 2016, 09:46:51 pm
Same for Emerson. Not their best game by any means. You could tell they had some jitters to start but they've been here before. Should be good to go now
Yeah exactly. Does any of the Guy players have state tourney experience before this year by the way?

StateChamps09

Umm someone let me know if I'm wrong, but I believe the only one that has state tourny experience is there pg  (not.to sure about this one, as I believe he was a freshman) and ballard I believe has an apperance in 5a state ( not postive about this one either)

Chicky

March 01, 2016, 10:01:44 pm #89 Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:04:06 pm by Chicky
Quote from: D6Bound on March 01, 2016, 09:36:26 pm
[/quote

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Central Ark on March 01, 2016, 09:33:58 pm
From what I heard, mainly sophomores for MVE. Tough to match up with bay in your first state tourney appearance

Don't think there are any seniors on the roster, only one or two juniors that get playing time...

Silky Johnson

not so slim shady

Chosen1, Personally I am sick of hearing how bad Kirby is going to beat guy and how you hope they never win another game. You have mentioned it 4 times in this thread alone. To be honest your opinions and  predictions are usually way off. You're the same poster that said bay would beat Guy back in October when guy took bay out to the wood shed. Another prediction was that Watson would have on a red wolf jersey by now. And to everyone spreading hate and negativity ... They're teenage kids... let them play basketball. If you want to start throwing stones, I sat behind bays bench once and I've never heard Hutchcraft say some of the words that were audible several rows up.

J.D.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: not so slim shady on March 01, 2016, 10:29:46 pm
Chosen1, Personally I am sick of hearing how bad Kirby is going to beat guy and how you hope they never win another game. You have mentioned it 4 times in this thread alone. To be honest your opinions and  predictions are usually way off. You're the same poster that said bay would beat Guy back in October when guy took bay out to the wood shed. Another prediction was that Watson would have on a red wolf jersey by now. And to everyone spreading hate and negativity ... They're teenage kids... let them play basketball. If you want to start throwing stones, I sat behind bays bench once and I've never heard Hutchcraft say some of the words that were audible several rows up.
THANK. YOU.

J.D.

Quote from: Silky Johnson on March 01, 2016, 10:15:02 pm
What did JD think about that one?

Bay is an outstanding team, absolutely worthy of another state title. 

BoxNOne

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 01, 2016, 08:16:28 pm
I don't like Bay but I'll be cheering for them if Guy gets past Kirby. Atleast this years Bay team has all been there a while lol

I have heard this a couple of times on hear. Guy must be something else if the anti-Bay guys would actually pull for them lol!!

PuddlePirate12

I just don't care for a team that happens to get a "D1" move in lol. Bay doesn't have any this year. And atleast Bay players have a little class. GP.. You can tell they've never been there lol you just don't do that

D6Bound

Kirby will be giving Guy a run for their money.

StateChamps09

There kids bro. They all act like little turds on the court sometimes. Deal with it haha

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas